Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

a kitten posted:

Alright, what in the gently caress.

Someone saw Edward Scissorhands the day before deadline.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist
Here it is:

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I reckon if you aged up Richie Rich he'd probably look a lot like Donald Trump.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Given his aptitude for robotics and pioneering tech I think he'd look more like a blonde Elon Musk.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

I remember getting a handful of Richie Rich comics with a box full of random stuff when I was a kid, for all I can remember they were mostly just about his fabulous wealth in bizarrely showy ways. Like I think he had a pool party and the poolside was lined with gems and the towels were made out of bills, despite that being actually worse than just a regular pool. You expect it to have like a feel-good episode once in a while where he discovers that true wealth is the love of your family or something, but nope its just more money all the way down.

It's like someone read about Scrooge and decided that the reason people liked that story was that it was about a fabulously wealthy dude who socialized with poor people, and just cranked it up a whole level.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Like that photo of those great men of the people Donald Trump and Nigel Farage in the solid gold lift in the skyscraper that one of them owns.

root
Jun 17, 2000

Booska mask replica...

Wheat Loaf posted:

From R.Sikoryak's The Unquoteable Trump
https://unquotabletrump.tumblr.com/

Catellite
Apr 29, 2008

If <waves arm expansively> was legalized.

Wheat Loaf posted:

This checks out:

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Not a comic panel but check it out:

I bet in the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen universe Richie Rich beat Murphy Brown in the 2016 election.

Wheat Loaf fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Aug 21, 2017

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

Wheat Loaf posted:

I've never read a Richie Rich comic but whenever I see a cover, I wonder that nobody's ever edited them with subtitles reading "This is why the terrorists hate America".

I can't seem to find it anymore, but I once saw a great video on Youtube that had this clip of the Netflix series seamlessly devolve into ISIS propaganda and it fit perfectly because Jesus, what the gently caress Netflix?

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

System Metternich posted:

I can't seem to find it anymore, but I once saw a great video on Youtube that had this clip of the Netflix series seamlessly devolve into ISIS propaganda and it fit perfectly because Jesus, what the gently caress Netflix?

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Was the Netflix show the one season series where he had like a 15-year old sexy French maid robot? I remember an article describing the plot to each episode and it was hilarously bizarre and misguided.

CityMidnightJunky
May 11, 2013

by Smythe

goatface posted:

Even ignoring the mutilated bill, that is one hosed-up looking platypus.

Show me a platypus that doesn't look hosed up.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

CityMidnightJunky posted:

Show me a platypus that doesn't look hosed up.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

davidspackage posted:

Was the Netflix show the one season series where he had like a 15-year old sexy French maid robot? I remember an article describing the plot to each episode and it was hilarously bizarre and misguided.

no

It has 2 seasons

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Wheat Loaf posted:

I bet in the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen universe Richie Rich beat Murphy Brown in the 2016 election.
Get Moore and O'Neill on the phone this seems up their alley.

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

davidspackage posted:

I actually went to Netflix to check this out, and... yeeeeeah. it's not just bad, it's aggressively bad. Imagine the worst sitcom you've ever seen (Small Wonder, anyone?) then imagine watching it after four days with no sleep while drinking Windex, that's Netflix Richie Rich.

And just to prove the universe hates us, there's two seasons.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
*ribbut*

.....What sound do Platapi make?

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Johnny Aztec posted:

*ribbut*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ad-w7ryVL0U

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Gynovore posted:

I actually went to Netflix to check this out, and... yeeeeeah. it's not just bad, it's aggressively bad. Imagine the worst sitcom you've ever seen (Small Wonder, anyone?) then imagine watching it after four days with no sleep while drinking Windex, that's Netflix Richie Rich.

CAN YOU MAKE IT THROUGH THIS TRAILER WITHOUT CRINGING?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTMZ2X5cE_Q

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

Gynovore posted:

Well then....I kinda feel like doing a drunk hate watch thread now. But in bss or tviv?

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Well, now I'm concerned we're due for a Small Wonder reboot.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Toshimo posted:

God all these tween sitcoms are terrible. Every single one is forced jokes, canned laughter, terrible acting and staging, and lovely special effects.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Kids love that poo poo.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Johnny Aztec posted:

*ribbut*

Practically none. Bit of a growl, maybe, but mainly just a quiet splash as they retreat.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

zoux posted:

Kids love that poo poo.

When I was a kid I loved Robocop and cartoons. When saved by the bell came on I would fling myself across the room to turn the dial.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
richie rich is trump confirmed

Punkin Spunkin fucked around with this message at 06:26 on Aug 23, 2017

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Toshimo posted:

I actually liked Richie Rich comics when I was little. I mean, it's not an age where you think about the socioeconomic implications of Richie having so much money that vault explosions are a regular occurrence on the Rich estate.

But the Netflix series looks even more painful than the Macaulay Culkin movie.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
I made it seven seconds.

EXPERIENCE BIJ

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I got halfway through and had to stop and scream

THE BILLIONAIRE CHILD HAS ANOTHER CHILD DRESSED UP AS A SEXY MAID

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Toshimo posted:

The last line in the trailer is a neonate girl making a joke about being sexually assaulted by gorillas, while wearing a full body cast.

Edit: Why does tween get replaced with neonate, were people being pervy about kids in some subforum?

Air Skwirl fucked around with this message at 07:28 on Aug 23, 2017

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I don't know the particulars but we both know the answer is yes. :smith:

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

I made it seven seconds.

EXPERIENCE BIJ

How many puns did you experience? How many genetic experiments? How many times did Richy taunt the poor?

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Dadpool.

Edit: Nice filename.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Selachian posted:

I actually liked Richie Rich comics when I was little. I mean, it's not an age where you think about the socioeconomic implications of Richie having so much money that vault explosions are a regular occurrence on the Rich estate.

I imagine that in the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen universe, Daddy Warbucks also ran for president, but lost because people kept asking why he seemed to lose his entire fortune every few years and always had to rely on the ingenuity of his adopted daughter to get it back, while he always resorted to nicking change from her piggy bank until she did.

(He lost to Perry Mason.)

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Toshimo posted:

I cringed at the preview image.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Selachian posted:

Same here. It might have been about a kid with Stardust powers for all I knew. The main appeal was "anything he wants to happen, he can make happen, no matter how ridiculous". Embarrassing in retrospect, but I was just a stupid kid.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

I think irritating Defenders hanger-on Dollar Bill was meant to be a Richie Rich riff:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Getting a real Dr. Venture vibe from that page