Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
passionate dongs
May 23, 2001

Snitchin' is Bitchin'
the wise man said: dont punch nazis because soon you will find you are the punchee

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008
your lips say "punch nazis" but your heart screams "punch everyone who disagrees w/ me"

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

the trump tutelage posted:

your lips say "punch nazis" but your heart screams "punch everyone who disagrees w/ me, if they're nazis"

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008
i didn't say that!!

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

the slippery slope arguments re: punching nazis has always been weird to me

nobody has ever slid down that slope, there is a pretty clear line between nazis and not nazis

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 228 days!

k it should be trivially easy then to find direct quotes from the aforementioned speakers please go on

if its a question of where you draw the line with regards to free speech then i'd agree it's with people who have actually done something like yell about a jewish conspiracy to destroy the white race, for example, but i'd hope the person who's face is being punched actually uttered that conspiracy and personally endorsed it, and weren't just some MAGA hat wearing chudd who's guilty by association.

people on this dead gay forum want all the legitimacy of punching nazis and white supremacists while simultaneously reserving the right to apply that label to anyone they (dis)like, whether its a conservative jew like Ben Shapiro, a microaggressing professor like Bret Weinstein, or an actual real life hatemonger like David Duke. if that level of intellectual laziness and opportunism doesn't scare you when it's paired with calls for vigilantism and violence against those so-labelled, then it should.

well, take 'based stickman' who got the name for being photographed attacking people while marching as a fascist. he calls for all muslim immigration to america to end on the basis that muslims are "filfth" on twitter, and also lists 'march of the titans:a history of the white race' as his favorite book on facebook and likes openly neo-nazi groups.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

if you want to kill all non-whites then you get the poo poo kicked out of you

if you don't then you don't

~problem solved~

passionate dongs
May 23, 2001

Snitchin' is Bitchin'
stop punching!!! he's not a nazi, he's a proud boy Pepe-American!!

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008

Yinlock posted:

nobody has ever slid down that slope, there is a pretty clear line between nazis and not nazis

I don't think there is, which is a problem, because I don't see much of an issue with punching actual neonazis and klan members besides lingering concerns about normalizing political violence.

People are forgetting that before Richard Spencer caught one in the jaw and "see a nazi, punch a nazi" blew up as a meme, run-of-the-mill Trump supporters and alt-light commentators were being labeled as fascists and nazis. People are still being called nazis as a pejorative. If you want to reserve the right to punch nazis, then at least be rigorous and consistent in who you call a nazi, because you're inciting violence against whoever you label whether they deserve it or not.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 228 days!
now let's look at augustus invictus, who biolante defends as 'not a nazi'

well to start, he's a holocaust denier

quote:

“Do I believe that 6 million Jews were killed by evil Hitler? Is that what you’re asking me?” he said. “Okay, then I am still waiting to see those facts.”

https://www.splcenter.org/hatewatch/2017/08/15/holocaust-denier-augustus-invictus-announces-another-campaign-us-senate

Richard Spencer also credits him with the first draft of the 'Charlottesville Statement.'

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/article167083427.html

i dunno about his draft, but here's the first bit of what the final version of that document has to say

quote:

1. Race

Race is real. Race matters. Race is the foundation of identity.

“White” is shorthand for a worldwide constellation of peoples, each of which is derived from the Indo-European race, often called Aryan. “European” refers to a core stock—Celtic, Germanic, Hellenic, Latin, Nordic, and Slavic—from which related cultures and a shared civilization sprang.
2. Jews

Jews are an ethno-religious people distinct from Europeans. At various times, they have existed within European societies, without being of them. The preservation of their identity as Jews was and is contingent on resistance to assimilation, sometimes expressed as hostility towards their hosts. “Judeo-Christian values” might be a quaint political slogan, but it is a distortion of the historical and metaphysical reality of both Jews and Europeans.
3. The Ethno-State

Nations must secure their existence and uniqueness and promote their own development and flourishing. The state is an existential entity, and, at its best, a physical manifestation of a people’s being, order, and will to survive. Racially or ethnically defined states are legitimate and necessary.

i don't want to quote a neo-nazi manifesto in full but you can read the rest here: https://altright.com/2017/08/11/what-it-means-to-be-alt-right/

but hey, why not just check out the dude's website, where he calls out the hard-right for not being hardcore enough and calls for violent uprising:

quote:

Myriad indeed are the conservative networks. Legion in number, too, are the more hardcore right-wing publications. But none says what needs to be said.

None dares to say that the preservation of our way of life requires an insurrection of national scale. This is akin to a doctor refusing to tell his patient that the cancer must be cut out. “It would be better to talk it to death,” says this doctor. “Yes, the limb is rotting off, but perhaps with enough determination we can cause a standstill and come to terms with the fact that half your leg is lost.”

https://www.splcenter.org/hatewatch/2017/08/15/holocaust-denier-augustus-invictus-announces-another-campaign-us-senate

this is the poo poo you are defending

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008
Ok punch those two.

e.

Hodgepodge posted:

this is the poo poo you are defending
I'm extremely uncomfortable with how fast & loose people throw around the "nazi" label, especially now that we're normalizing violence against people labelled as nazis, but more broadly because i don't think playing the ad hominem game is healthy in the age of Trump when we should be more precise and more truth-oriented, and wary of feeding the narrative that all truth is subjective and reality is a la carte. that is not the same goddamn thing as defending that guy's views.

unlimited shrimp has issued a correction as of 17:00 on Aug 21, 2017

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Al! posted:

given ur earlier post about how nazis and commies are exactly the same im not sure if ur using this to show what commies think, what nazis think or what u think. so im going to automatically assume the worst :horns.aiff: u nazi

This thread is melting your brain because I havent posted about commies at all

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Ok punch those two.

We're gonna punch you ya little collaborationist Quisling binch

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 228 days!
looking into it a bit more, of the remaining names on the poster there are some ho-hum conservatives and one guy (Navom) who agreed to attend before Charlottesville and ended up joining the counter-protest instead

and one black hearted villian

while gavin mcinnes has flirted with being a nazi, his true crime is laid bare by his wikipedia page:

quote:

McInnes has been called "the Godfather of the Hipster movement"[4] and "one of hipsterdom's primary architects".[5]

i mean he's probably a not really a nazi but are we really going to be that sad if he gets punched?

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

why isn't anyone being fair to the soft fascists? :qq:

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE
WOW loving far left loons calling anyone they don't agree with nazis just because all those people are chanting jews will not replace us and blood and soil doesn't mean they're nazis

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Watch where you keep swinging that Nazi stick, kid. You might accidentally hit some reasonable folks that just want to drown refugees.

Pener Kropoopkin has issued a correction as of 18:31 on Aug 21, 2017

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
Fascism may kill millions but it also helps a lot of people get to work on time so its impossible to tell if it's good or bad

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Did that journalist who got punched turn out to be a nazi?

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

super sweet best pal posted:

Did that journalist who got punched turn out to be a nazi?

It turns out he deserved to get punched.

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008
being punched by antifa transforms you into a nazi. its like that part in the 'rella' video when the black girl gets slapped only instead of coming back asian she comes back as Rudolf Höss

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

being punched by antifa transforms you into a nazi. its like that part in the 'rella' video when the black girl gets slapped only instead of coming back asian she comes back as Rudolf Höss

Being banned by antifa would transform you into a good poster.

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008
unlikely.

Jizz Festival
Oct 30, 2012
Lipstick Apathy

I'm extremely uncomfortable with how fast & loose people throw around the "nazi" label, especially now that we're normalizing violence against people labelled as nazis, but more broadly because i don't think playing the ad hominem game is healthy in the age of Trump when we should be more precise and more truth-oriented, and wary of feeding the narrative that all truth is subjective and reality is a la carte. that is not the same goddamn thing as defending that guy's views.

youre gonna get punched. just accept it

Serf
May 5, 2011

zen death robot posted:

looks like some ppl here are concerned they can't be white supremacists without getting lumped in with the Nazis lol

its a fascinating mindset

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Yinlock posted:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/14/us/charlottesville-doxxing.html

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Venom Snake posted:

Fascism may kill millions but it also helps a lot of people get to work on time so its impossible to tell if it's good or bad

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

zen death robot posted:

looks like some ppl here are concerned they can't be white supremacists without getting lumped in with the Nazis lol

to be fair, some of them are also concerned they can't be misogynists without getting lumped in with the nazis

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
Seems everything I don't like is Bad, and only (((Nazi's))) do it!

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

k it should be trivially easy then to find direct quotes from the aforementioned speakers please go on

if its a question of where you draw the line with regards to free speech then i'd agree it's with people who have actually done something like yell about a jewish conspiracy to destroy the white race, for example, but i'd hope the person who's face is being punched actually uttered that conspiracy and personally endorsed it, and weren't just some MAGA hat wearing chudd who's guilty by association.

people on this dead gay forum want all the legitimacy of punching nazis and white supremacists while simultaneously reserving the right to apply that label to anyone they (dis)like, whether its a conservative jew like Ben Shapiro, a microaggressing professor like Bret Weinstein, or an actual real life hatemonger like David Duke. if that level of intellectual laziness and opportunism doesn't scare you when it's paired with calls for vigilantism and violence against those so-labelled, then it should.

Somebody who went to the demonstration and stayed after the hardliners started chanting their Aryan slogans ARE NOT VICTIMS OF CIRCUMSTANCES. They made conscious choices to associate with explicit Naziism. THey could have left when the fanatics made their declarations to fight the Jewish conspiracy.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Taste the meat, not the hate.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

Seems everything I don't like is Bad, and only (((Nazi's))) do it!

When you think about it Nazis are the real Jews here

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
I didn't know that thing about McGuinness being the godfather of hipsters. I am now ok with stomping his head.

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008

steinrokkan posted:

Somebody who went to the demonstration and stayed after the hardliners started chanting their Aryan slogans ARE NOT VICTIMS OF CIRCUMSTANCES. They made conscious choices to associate with explicit Naziism. THey could have left when the fanatics made their declarations to fight the Jewish conspiracy.
gonna go out on a limb and guess you have a different standard for the people who get swept up in police actions when they keep marching even after black bloc protesters start loving things up at G6 protests or whatever.

people were being labelled nazis for their thought crimes well before any of this poo poo kicked off in earnest (e.g. all the campus protests against people like Milo). "nazi" has been a generic slur that is used against anyone on the Right, or who is insufficiently woke, for a long goddamned time. but now punching nazis is good & encouraged, which means labelling someone a nazi is an incitement to violence against them. this is not an issue when actual nazis and white supremacists are the ones being labelled. but if you're going to argue for normalizing political violence in the limited scope of dispensing with capital-N nazis then you better be loving sure that "nazi" is more than just a weasel word, and that the person you're punching is actually a nazi.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

People who carry water for Nazis, attend their events, speak with them, and signal boost them within the same grifting circuits, deserve to be punched just as much if not more so than capital-N actual factual Nazis. You're just going to have to make peace with the fact that being a shithead is going to have real world consequences, and all of these years of constantly pushing boundaries too see how far you could take free speech absolutism reached its breaking point when some gamer fascist ran over 20 people and killed one of them. Nobody is interested in these semantical games anymore.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
its so fuckin easy not to be a nazi. its like one of the top 5 easiest things to do

Ugly Tony
May 6, 2005

It's not even Tuesday, dog

but now punching nazis is good & encouraged

punching nazis has always been good hth

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Al! posted:

its so fuckin easy not to be a nazi. its like one of the top 5 easiest things to do

but the sjws made fun of my video games!!

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
To me the random maga chud is like a DNVP rear end in a top hat- the kind of guy who thinks they're not those filthy Nazis but will ride with them into power and support them until they get owned by said Nazis. Useful idiots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

gonna go out on a limb and guess you have a different standard for the people who get swept up in police actions when they keep marching even after black bloc protesters start loving things up at G6 protests or whatever.

people were being labelled nazis for their thought crimes well before any of this poo poo kicked off in earnest (e.g. all the campus protests against people like Milo). "nazi" has been a generic slur that is used against anyone on the Right, or who is insufficiently woke, for a long goddamned time. but now punching nazis is good & encouraged, which means labelling someone a nazi is an incitement to violence against them. this is not an issue when actual nazis and white supremacists are the ones being labelled. but if you're going to argue for normalizing political violence in the limited scope of dispensing with capital-N nazis then you better be loving sure that "nazi" is more than just a weasel word, and that the person you're punching is actually a nazi.

lol, you are a nazi

• Locked thread