Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Griffball posted:

Welp with an internet upgrade in my area, keen to see what it is like playing with you yanks again? Dare I hope Sub-200? I'll be floating in mumble either way.

Where are you?

One of the guys i play with gets 120 ping from uk to eastern us servers and is actually lower than the guy in vancouver

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Basticle posted:

Where are you?

One of the guys i play with gets 120 ping from uk to eastern us servers and is actually lower than the guy in vancouver

The fibre cable across the atlantic goes from London to New York so you can get good pings to eastern servers from the UK. It's usually 100-120 in most games for me.

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

Griffball posted:

Welp with an internet upgrade in my area, keen to see what it is like playing with you yanks again? Dare I hope Sub-200? I'll be floating in mumble either way.

Would be glad to have you again ya dirty Aussie.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Apparently there's a glitch that gives Doc infinite heal darts. Lovely.

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.
hard: can drop defuser and plant defuser be different buttons. thank you

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Can't heal if you get your brains shot out :smug:

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Koramei posted:

hard: can drop defuser and plant defuser be different buttons. thank you

Isn't that a toggle in the options, just like you can toggle that you can drop all 3 of Smoke Gas canisters and activate them with different buttons?

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Kikas posted:

Isn't that a toggle in the options, just like you can toggle that you can drop all 3 of Smoke Gas canisters and activate them with different buttons?

:aaaaa: I never knew you could do this! Do you recall what the option is called, for that? Since the only "gadget toggle? Y/N" option I've found in the past didn't seem to have an effect for any of the operators.
As a Monty-user, I was really hoping it would allow me to toggle Montagne's shield, but unless I'm wrong (please tell me I'm wrong) there's no option for that. :sigh:

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

Major Isoor posted:

As a Monty-user, I was really hoping it would allow me to toggle Montagne's shield, but unless I'm wrong (please tell me I'm wrong) there's no option for that. :sigh:

Nope sorry, that was something that should have came out at the same time as when we did it for Pulse but turns out it was more hosed than anticipated.

It's in the pile somewhere..

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

Kikas posted:

Wait, is this really a thing???

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
smoke owns and giving him a team fortress demoman option to loving lockdown all entrances in the last second would be amazing

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Thief posted:

smoke owns and giving him a team fortress demoman option to loving lockdown all entrances in the last second would be amazing

Oh man, or even just like, a two-door hallway/room they need (or are likely to) go through to reach the objective! Put one canister by each door, then one somewhere in the middle of the room (or however it'll best balance out, so that gas fills the entire room) and watch as they either die, or sprint into an ambush and get shot. Better yet if you have Echo (or even one of Valk's cams) in the room, to hit them with concussion waves, at the same time as the gas is released.

I'm still at work so I can't check, but are you able to set it so that throwing the canisters and detonating all of the canisters (as in, simultaneously, not individually as Kikas mentioned earlier) at once are just two different buttons? If so, I think I've just found my new defence main! :black101:

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

I'm pretty sure you can't do that

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

The Duggler posted:

I'm pretty sure you can't do that

Hmm. But you can still do them individually like Kikas mentioned, right? :ohdear: I certainly hope so, since even that'll work well enough for the scenario I mentioned above.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Cup Runneth Over posted:

I wondered why we heard some dude stimming himself up like 40 times the other day.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Major Isoor posted:

Hmm. But you can still do them individually like Kikas mentioned, right? :ohdear: I certainly hope so, since even that'll work well enough for the scenario I mentioned above.

If you throw one you need to detonate it before you can throw another

Griffball
Sep 6, 2010

Hard posted:

Would be glad to have you again ya dirty Aussie.

Glad to see you haven't fixed the game yet, it might make it less fun.

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

Just won 8 straight casual games, all flawless victories, and capped it off with a hard fought 9th win. This was with 3 randoms and a duo buddy. We kept playing together after the first flawless round and just kept rolling. Welp, I should probably get to bed. R6 has couched itself into the shooter prefer most nights if I'm gonna play, but this is only after the annoying as gently caress baptizing period.

The only good tactic is to have loving good headphones

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

AGENT NAHMAN JAYDEN, FBI.
If I remember correctly, I believe Hard stated most of the devs use Hyper X Cloud II's because they sent them to them or something?

So if you want headphones that the devs use to make the game: buy those.

Also they are really good.

And if Hard corrects me and says "nuh uh" don't listen to this post.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

lol one time we were playing on discord and i couldn't find my headphones so i literally ran to the 7/11 down the street and bought 9 dollar earbuds and even those still provide an excellent advantage over anyone not wearing any

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
Is there any penalty at all for leaving casual games? low priority queue or anything?

Orv
May 4, 2011

CJ posted:

Is there any penalty at all for leaving casual games? low priority queue or anything?

Nah.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IA81RmORltg

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

You can toss them. Thats nice.

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm
https://www.pcgamesn.com/rainbow-six-siege/siege-interview

A good read imho.

https://rainbow6.ubisoft.com/siege/en-us/news/152-298836-16/operation-blood-orchid-operator-lesion-%E5%82%B7%E5%AE%B3

Hard fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Aug 21, 2017

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
Can't wait to step on that bone hurting juice.

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

quote:

I think there has been some miscommunication on our side. A lot of those improvements are coming at the very end of the season, but many people were expecting them to be at the beginning. Unfortunately, I think the blame really lies with us there. We need to be better at explaining.

Yeah no poo poo. Maybe it has something to do with saying "Operation Health is about smaller, more frequent patches" and then improving almost literally nothing until the very end?

Operation Health as whole can be described as "meh".

Devs gotta do what they gotta do and that's fine, but maybe try not being full of poo poo.

Game still p good though.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Hard, can you hurry up and release these new operators already? Not because i'm an impatient gently caress that wants to play them but because i'm already sick of all the Seige youtubers going over the same 10-15 seconds of footage and talking about the same things.

Speaking of youtubers though, i love Matimo's sunday mailbox series because the amount and absurdity of some of these "what if" operators people come up with is worth a laugh. Like in this latest one somebody talks about an operator that can close up drone holes. I just like the idea of sombody cutting out a little section of Castle barricade, getting on their belly and plugging up a drone hole. :allears:

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Tactical Khaki Cargo Shorts

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

http://i.imgur.com/4hMwkQA.mp4
:discourse:

It only contained some ugly garbage Castle helmet, but it's the thought that counts.

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

i miss gamin with you beautiful babies

where do we congregate these days discord or mumble :can:

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?

Yup, pretty good read. I'm amazed you guys are planning to go for 100 Operators, when I believe we've only got like a quarter of that number right now? Still, if you don't repeat CTUs, it'd be fun to see more countries being represented. I remember Wargame got a ton of attention when they started adding The Netherlands, Israel, Finland, etc. because of how under-represented they are in games.

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

rap music posted:

i miss gamin with you beautiful babies

where do we congregate these days discord or mumble :can:

Please don't

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

You could fill out every CTU to 4 operators and still have room for another 12 or so countries at 4 each as well.

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

Speaking of youtubers though, i love Matimo's sunday mailbox series because the amount and absurdity of some of these "what if" operators people come up with is worth a laugh. Like in this latest one somebody talks about an operator that can close up drone holes. I just like the idea of sombody cutting out a little section of Castle barricade, getting on their belly and plugging up a drone hole. :allears:

If you read the article i posted earlier, Alex said we wanna go up to 100 operators so yeah chances are all the dumb ideas + many more will see the day of light. Can wait for something like Haaaaaaaard, that buttplug operator! CALLED IT.

Don't you dare.

Athanatos posted:

Tactical Khaki Cargo Shorts
See man, you just hatin.

Lesion is known to take his work seriously, and to expose himself to high-risk situations on a daily basis. This lack of consideration for his well-being has been judged as arrogant by some, and has often alienated him from his peers.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Hard posted:

that buttplug operator! CALLED IT.

DoctorStrangelove posted:

You pieces of poo poo stole my idea for the :cumpolice: defender. God drat it the weapon is even called "Goo."

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Is there an operator that can throw unlimited frag grenades through the ceiling outside? Am I misunderstanding some sort of gameplay mechanic? Or did I just run into some of the most blatant cheating? :cripes:

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

add an operator that lets you gently caress with sound mechanics, like put a little decoy speaker or something that you can play operator specific sound effects/footsteps/farts or whatever around the map

keep ash as the glass cannon standard and add more recon/support operators instead of combat focused ones and i'll probably play this game forever

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
A ghost operator that makes spooky sounds!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

AGENT NAHMAN JAYDEN, FBI.
An operator that works similar to how Jackal does only it lets you tap into their voice comms for up to 10 seconds per scan.

• Locked thread