Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

"I like Ur and Kavodel and Enki being nice to people for some reason."

Wrong Voter amongst wrong voters

Zaodai posted:

You want to talk headshots being deadly? Have a headshot that goes through your entire mech vertically, blowing up everything in its path!

This is the case, but I still need your support for a covert ops raid on PTN's notes.

e: trip report: defeated by precision strike small laser. My Quickdraw did get more accurate in melee after losing both arms though.

vorebane fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Aug 20, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

So, who will be up for a Game or two tonight after 9 CST?

Phrosphor
Feb 25, 2007

Urbanisation

Rygar201 posted:

So, who will be up for a Game or two tonight after 9 CST?

I wish I could but the timezones are totally incompatible. I will be around this evening, which is morning for America people if anyone fancies a morning game.

I am still looking for something that can crush my so far undefeated in your face lance.

Quickdraw (the non-LRM version)
Kintaro
Kintaro
Trebuchet

Edit: I made a dumb effort post on the official forums, here it is for posterity as I know most people don't like browsing the brown seav2.

quote:

Hi

I have been playing a Lot of multiplayer. And without bragging I seem to be pretty good.

Most of my matches are won before the game begins, because my opponents are taking lances that don't work well together or are too focused on one thing. I thought posting some tips to help people would be good idea, so that we can all have more exciting and fun games.

If you take anything away from what I am saying, please let it be that Lance composition is really important. Try and have a variety of mechs and roles.

Light Mechs

A single Locust is NOT good enough. Do not just throw a single locust into your lance as a 'scout'. No, not even the LRM one. Don't do it. Forget the Locust even exists.

General Light Mech stuff - The most stacks of Evasion you can have on a mech is 6. Most lights can hit 5-6 evasion with a standard move. If you are putting an Evasion skill pilot on something like a Locust (grr) then you are wasting the pilot skill.

Never stop moving a Light, you need to keep those Evasion stacks built up.

Lights are great in a "Hit and Fade" role. Sprint your light somewhere out of LOS that is near the fight (so it has evasion stacks), next turn reserve it until everything else has gone and step out and shoot, next turn when your light goes before the enemy run it away, repeat.

Remember that Light mechs by default have a +2 penalty to be hit just from their chassis size. Add this to six stacks of Evasion and you get +8 to hit!

Medium Mechs

Medium mechs are the best mechs in this game. (Which is great! Because in 3025 the Medium was the "Workhorse of the inner sphere"). If your lance isn't primarily made up of Mediums you are doing yourself a disservice. Medium mechs have the speed, adaptability and cost to really let you experiment and try different things. I run 3(!) in my standard (undefeated) 25mil cbill lance.

Medium mechs get a +1 penalty to be hit, with 6 stacks of Evasion that is a +7 to all to hit rolls.

The Shadowhawk may be iconic, but it is not good.

Heavy Mechs

Your heavy choice needs to be really carefully thought out. I have seen so many Catapult C1's in this slot. The Cat is a great support mech. But is a support mech really what you want to be spending the majority of your cash on? The other thing to keep in mind is that heavies are slow. If you are taking a heavy and an assault, you are giving up a lot of mobility to your opponent, if you are doing something like 2xHeavy, Assault and a light then your have to recognise your opponent can very easily get your light before your bigger mechs can help it if it gets too far out on it's own.

Assault Mechs

In my opinion Assaults aren't worth the money, they are slow and either get left behind, or you cede the good ground to your opponent while you get the assault in position.

IF you have a pilot with great pilot skill (to avoid knockdowns) and a great position with fantastic sight lines then they can be monsters. But your opponent with faster mechs can just choose not to fight you where you want him to.

If you are taking an assault mech, and not using it in a front line role (Awesome I am looking at you) then why are you spending all of that money on that armour?

Pilot skills

Piloting - A high pilot skill makes it harder for your mech to become unsteady. Are you constantly seeing a mech with evasion become unsteady and lose all of it's stacks? Pick a higher pilot skill!

Guts - Guts gives you a higher threshold on your heat gauge. I take advantage of this. You should too!

Tactics - A high tactics skill increases the chance to hit for indirect attacks. If anything gets your interest in this wall of text it should be that

Gunnery - This is self explanatory, but it IS NOT the be all and end all. Do you need a high gunnery skill to punch a dude in the face?

Bulwark

Bulwark is an amazing mechanic. It makes your mechs last a lot longer. I see a lot of people putting bulwark on Assault mechs. Great! You just made that assault mech so much harder to kill. However, assault mechs are slow, and they already have a ton(lol) of armour. A tool that requires them to stand still doesn't really help a mech that needs to move a lot to get into combat. (I grant you that Bulwark on an assault is crazy good if they get the chance to use it). Usually by the time that Assault mech has made it to a good spot to bulwark up, I have either mopped up a medium or heavy it should have been tanking for, or I can just outmaneuver it.

Bulwark on a medium? Now that is interesting. Did you know that a Kintaro with Bulwark can take more punishment than most heavy mechs? A smaller mech Bulwarking becomes a much harder target. First your opponent has to make a choice, because he knows that the shots against the bulwarked mech are doing less damage. Secondly it essentially doubles your armour while it is active and prevents knockdowns.

Try the pilot who has sprint and bulwark on a tanky medium (Hunchback 4P? Kintaro?) And spend a turn sprinting into a great spot with cover and then just standing still and shooting.

Evasion

I think Evasion is amazing and I really love this iteration of it far more than the old 50% miss chance.

You can only have a max of 6 stacks of evasion

Each stack is +2 difficulty to be hit

Every full attack (so that is not each weapon fired) against a mech with Evasion will remove one stack

Some light and medium mechs can move fast enough to build 5-6 stacks of Evasion without the Evasion pilot skill.

You gain evasion from jumpjetting as well

Sensor Lock

Don't make Sensor Lock your crutch. I haven't used it once in my last three games. It is good for getting information, but it uses a mechs entire shooting phase. If I can't shoot I would rather sprint.

Other things

LRM's - The easiest wins are the ones against the 3xLRM support mech 1xLight mech. LRM's are a great support weapon but they don't do enough to be your primary way of attacking.

PPC's - Are great, they do AC10 damage at range without the chance of a crippling ammo explosion.

Flamers - Terrifying and really punish people overreaching.

Heat - There is nothing wrong with spending a turn in Brace to cool down. Moving doesn't generate heat, but sprinting does.

I have plenty more I could add but this post is already really long. The last thing I am going to put here is my opinion T1 mechs for each weightclass:

T1 Light Mechs: Firestarter, Panther

T1 Medium Mechs: Kintaro, Trebuchet, Hunchback-4P*, Centurion-A*

T1 Heavy Mechs: Quickdraw-5A, Orion*

T1 Assault Mechs: Atlas

Don't agree with anything here? Lets play a game and we can see it in action!

*Only T1 if you know how to dead-side, the Orion is possibly getting dropped since both side torsos are full of explosives. Can't wait for the mechlab to get rid of so much useless ammo in mechs.

Phrosphor fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Aug 21, 2017

isildur
May 31, 2000

BattleDroids: Flashpoint OH NO! Dekker! IS DOWN! THIS IS Glitch! Taking Command! THIS IS Glich! Taking command! OH NO! Glitch! IS DOWN! THIS IS Medusa! Taking command! THIS IS Medusa! Taking command! OH NO! Medusa IS DOWN!

Soon to be part of the Battletech Universe canon.

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

They probably did smaller scale iterative changes internally to produce this build. Everyone I have talked to says its fantastic.

We played some really awful internal builds before we got here. I'm pretty happy with it but there were a *lot* of dead ends. Still, having the ability to say 'no, this sucks, let's start over on this part' was fantastic.

Phrosphor posted:

Edit: I made a dumb effort post on the official forums, here it is for posterity as I know most people don't like browsing the brown seav2.

This is A Good Post.

Amechwarrior
Jan 29, 2007

isildur posted:

We played some really awful internal builds before we got here. I'm pretty happy with it but there were a *lot* of dead ends. Still, having the ability to say 'no, this sucks, let's start over on this part' was fantastic.

This is A Good Post.

The new movement/evasive system and the stability overhauls feel great. Both of them moved from an almost all or nothing system to a granular one that players can act on to raise and enemies can react to degrade. I only wish we had more Breaching Shot pilots with the 5 Bulwark mechwarriors always in rotation. Keep saying "No" because it's working toward a more engaging flow.

Phrosphor
Feb 25, 2007

Urbanisation

isildur posted:

This is A Good Post.

Thanks, and I am loving this build. It is a lot more fun than the last iteration, and I enjoyed that a ton already.

SO when are we gonna get to play with Protector?

"Name" : "PROTECTOR",
"Details" : "As long as you are upright and functional, adjacent allies gain BRACED (50% damage reduction against ranged attacks to the front and side).",

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

I'll be glad when I get some time away from work to mess with the new build, because reading that effort post made my mind go to a place that is undoubtedly overreacting at the worthlessness of Assaults (and heavies?).

Overall though I'm glad the "50% to miss" chance on evasion went away, though. That mechanic sucked and was no fun at all. At least with evasion stacks (and lights/mediums getting baseline bonuses, etc etc) you know how and why you can't hit the little motherfuckers. Is that +8 evasion still on a 2d6 not counting whatever mods the attacker was going to have?

Phrosphor
Feb 25, 2007

Urbanisation

Zaodai posted:

I'll be glad when I get some time away from work to mess with the new build, because reading that effort post made my mind go to a place that is undoubtedly overreacting at the worthlessness of Assaults (and heavies?).

Overall though I'm glad the "50% to miss" chance on evasion went away, though. That mechanic sucked and was no fun at all. At least with evasion stacks (and lights/mediums getting baseline bonuses, etc etc) you know how and why you can't hit the little motherfuckers. Is that +8 evasion still on a 2d6 not counting whatever mods the attacker was going to have?

Take it more as, "I have yet to be impressed at assaults". Someone is going to school me with a 2xAtlas lance or something soon I bet.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Phrosphor posted:

Take it more as, "I have yet to be impressed at assaults". Someone is going to school me with a 2xAtlas lance or something soon I bet.

I doubt it. A lot of the design goal was explicitly "you won't just run assaults!", so them being moneysink garbage heaps fits with that. They lose initiative, they don't get evasion bonuses, they're monstrously slow and take up a ton of (limited) funds you could just put into getting better mediums. I mean, from a lore standpoint, especially in this time period, it makes sense. Doubly so when you only have one lance to field. Especially in PVP where there's no objective to defend or anything, so there's nothing to be like "Well they HAVE to come through this Atlas if they want to get to the Monsanto Corporation HQ!".

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Zaodai posted:

I doubt it. A lot of the design goal was explicitly "you won't just run assaults!", so them being moneysink garbage heaps fits with that. They lose initiative, they don't get evasion bonuses, they're monstrously slow and take up a ton of (limited) funds you could just put into getting better mediums. I mean, from a lore standpoint, especially in this time period, it makes sense. Doubly so when you only have one lance to field. Especially in PVP where there's no objective to defend or anything, so there's nothing to be like "Well they HAVE to come through this Atlas if they want to get to the Monsanto Corporation HQ!".

I expect they'll make a lot more sense when there are mission types that actually involve assaulting things.

e: which is your point except I'm tired and misread your last sentence

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Zaodai posted:

I have the feeling the resale value of any salvaged assaults in the campaign mode will be a pittance so you can't just wash your hands of the fact Assaults are for NPCs that never have to foot the bill, and use their exorbitant pricetag to buy and equip a whole new lance.

Then later you will be throw into a grinder and your employees will act all smug "Well you should have had some assaults prepared then, even though we do everything in our power to remind you how much of a ballbuster you wanting to so much as look at one is"

Assaults need more to look forward to in the campaign then "See! You're ludicrous repair bill is better than dying, see, seeeeeee?" at best. And they already have issues in maintenance free dream matchups land it seems.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 07:48 on Aug 21, 2017

Phrosphor
Feb 25, 2007

Urbanisation

Oh and to address my devaluing of heavies.

Ammo Explosions. All of my Orions have suffered catastrophic ammo explosions. The Quickdraw-5A is my new favourite mech though!

isildur
May 31, 2000

BattleDroids: Flashpoint OH NO! Dekker! IS DOWN! THIS IS Glitch! Taking Command! THIS IS Glich! Taking command! OH NO! Glitch! IS DOWN! THIS IS Medusa! Taking command! THIS IS Medusa! Taking command! OH NO! Medusa IS DOWN!

Soon to be part of the Battletech Universe canon.

Phrosphor posted:

SO when are we gonna get to play with Protector?

"Name" : "PROTECTOR",
"Details" : "As long as you are upright and functional, adjacent allies gain BRACED (50% damage reduction against ranged attacks to the front and side).",
bad news about protector

it wasn't actually fun so we removed it

it's being replaced with something that is fun though!

Amechwarrior
Jan 29, 2007

I find Bulwark Atlas or Awesome something to be wary of. However with our budget cap, putting the bulk of your Lance's armor on one machine that moves last is asking for a bad time. It will take a lot of focused fire/get knocked down as their isn't another tank to soak damage with. Spreading your armor across your Lance lets you cycle units. Even if one is destroyed, the others still have respectable protection. I kind of wonder what the most highly, but evenly armored Lance composition is for 25m. It's probably 4x Kintaro.

Phrosphor
Feb 25, 2007

Urbanisation

isildur posted:

bad news about protector

it wasn't actually fun so we removed it

it's being replaced with something that is fun though!

Things being replaced with fun things is never bad news! I was initially sad to see all the cool abilities vanish from that folder, but I like the cleaner scaling ability rewards that you have added now.

4xKintaro, or 3xKintaro and a Treb is probably the meta lance at the moment.

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."

Section Z posted:

I have the feeling the resale value of any salvaged assaults in the campaign mode will be a pittance so you can't just wash your hands of the fact Assaults are for NPCs that never have to foot the bill, and use their exorbitant pricetag to buy and equip a whole new lance.

Then later you will be throw into a grinder and your employees will act all smug "Well you should have had some assaults prepared then, even though we do everything in our power to remind you how much of a ballbuster you wanting to so much as look at one is"

Assaults need more to look forward to in the campaign then "See! You're ludicrous repair bill is better than dying, see, seeeeeee?" at best. And they already have issues in maintenance free dream matchups land it seems.

The multiplayer is basically "your first missions with this mech" because you are paying full price for all of them. The Assault isn't as cost efficient when all you are looking at is it's initial purchase price, but maybe they're a lot better when you consider than once you've got that assault mech you can keep using it for much less. Plus I'm pretty sure when the fights aren't fair, having an Assault is going to be more valuable.

Oh and the new movement to-hit mechanics are great, but the evasive pilot skill is probably still too good because every pip of movement is a huge modifier and doubling it is massive.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

DatonKallandor posted:

The multiplayer is basically "your first missions with this mech" because you are paying full price for all of them. The Assault isn't as cost efficient when all you are looking at is it's initial purchase price, but maybe they're a lot better when you consider than once you've got that assault mech you can keep using it for much less. Plus I'm pretty sure when the fights aren't fair, having an Assault is going to be more valuable.

Oh and the new movement to-hit mechanics are great, but the evasive pilot skill is probably still too good because every pip of movement is a huge modifier and doubling it is massive.

Moving last should be less of an issue when you are storming a base lined with turrets than when you are dancing in a meeting engagement against a faster heavy force.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Phrosphor posted:

Oh and to address my devaluing of heavies.

Ammo Explosions. All of my Orions have suffered catastrophic ammo explosions. The Quickdraw-5A is my new favourite mech though!

I guess that leaves me vindicated about listing ammo explosions as an AC nerf. :v:

Alchenar posted:

Moving last should be less of an issue when you are storming a base lined with turrets than when you are dancing in a meeting engagement against a faster heavy force.

Range is usually the answer to base turrets, rather than armor. That said, Assaults might have a role where your opponent gets a bunch of medium vehicles or something? I'd say that they'd have more of a role if your opponent had more than one lance defending, but that really seems like it would exacerbate the problem with Assaults rather than reduce them. Assaults are there to be your prohibitively expensive base turret.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

I suspect assaults are also going to have a lot more of a role in situations where you aren't trying to balance for multiplayer. In a SP setting where you might face 2 or 3 engagements on a map as you march on a target having all that armor could be useful.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Cyrano4747 posted:

I suspect assaults are also going to have a lot more of a role in situations where you aren't trying to balance for multiplayer. In a SP setting where you might face 2 or 3 engagements on a map as you march on a target having all that armor could be useful.

Could be. Definitely one of those things I'm anxious to be able to test. I can't wait for the single player open ended campaign one way or the other.

I am curious as to whether that extra armor balances out taking more damage getting into fighting range though. Especially with smaller machines being much harder to hit, it seems like they might die the death of a thousand cuts as they fight those 2 or 3 engagements trying to move on a base or whatever.

Maybe Urban environments would be where they shine? They'd be big Urbies and Hunchbacks!

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Section Z alwaaays posts about the player-only economy issues, false scarcity, and all that kinda stuff. It always soaks a long discussion, too.

At this point I completely trust HBS to have already had a plan and will be sticking to it regarding game balance vs player economy.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

Phosphor, has no one tried to just take up a position with heavier mechs and force you to move to them?

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
Just curious, but what else has hairbrained done besides the Shadowrun games? I'm just curious if they've made anything bad.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

veedubfreak posted:

Just curious, but what else has hairbrained done besides the Shadowrun games? I'm just curious if they've made anything bad.

they did a roguelike 3d action game called Necropolis which i think was reviewed as "yep, it's a roguelike 3d action game. who cares."

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Zaodai posted:

Could be. Definitely one of those things I'm anxious to be able to test. I can't wait for the single player open ended campaign one way or the other.

I am curious as to whether that extra armor balances out taking more damage getting into fighting range though. Especially with smaller machines being much harder to hit, it seems like they might die the death of a thousand cuts as they fight those 2 or 3 engagements trying to move on a base or whatever.

Maybe Urban environments would be where they shine? They'd be big Urbies and Hunchbacks!

you know that 'good an in urban environment' is a BT euphemism for 'bad', right

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Captain Foo posted:

you know that 'good an in urban environment' is a BT euphemism for 'bad', right

It is one of the many things that means "bad" in BT. But yes, I was aware. At least they would have a niche use instead of just being completely worthless? I dunno. I'm just trying to have hope for Assaults, okay? :negative:

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

Zaodai posted:

It is one of the many things that means "bad" in BT. But yes, I was aware. At least they would have a niche use instead of just being completely worthless? I dunno. I'm just trying to have hope for Assaults, okay? :negative:

It's still beta. There could be numerous balance passes between now and launch, and PVP could have many different scenarios at launch too as far as I know. I'm not sure if they said it would just be deathmatch or not

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

Zaodai posted:

The Battlemaster is a legit beast right now, the Awesome was underrated pre-patch, I'm not worried about Assaults.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

Q_res posted:

The Battlemaster is a legit beast right now, the Awesome was underrated pre-patch, I'm not worried about Assaults.

I have trouble getting good use out of the Awesome and Battlemaster compared to the Atlas or sometimes an Orion. Is it just a matter of sucessfully standing back and hammering people with the longer ranged energy weapons?

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

Battlemaster, you want to get up close and personal. The PPC is to keep them honest as you close and help the rest of your Lance with long range focus fire.

The Awesome only looked bad because the AC/5 and AC/10 were overbuffed. The pre-patch PPC was literally just the TT PPC, but hotter. With the Breach + Multi stack, gentler heat curve and the targeting debuff it should be legit now.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

Does anyone else really like the change to the mineral fields? I have liked it a lot so far

Thanks for the Assault words Q. I'll have to try the Battlemaster again. I just always feel like I would rather spend the extra ATT :10bux: for an Atlas

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

"I like Ur and Kavodel and Enki being nice to people for some reason."

Wrong Voter amongst wrong voters
I think a thing that could bring up assaults a bit is if they got an extra chunk of bonus move when they sprint, representing that when an assault does get up to speed they can have a lot of momentum keeping their bulk going to combine with an assault size amount of myomer. Disadvantage could be absolutely no wiggle room to change facing.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

what do the mineral fields do now? Can't seem to find a tooltip for it. In general it feels like there's less feedback on what terrain features do.

n/m found it

Cyrano4747 fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Aug 21, 2017

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

And yeah, after playing a few matches assaults really are traps in MP right now. The way to go is 3 mediums (I've been running 3 kintaros) and a light heavy.

Phrosphor
Feb 25, 2007

Urbanisation

Rygar201 posted:

Phosphor, has no one tried to just take up a position with heavier mechs and force you to move to them?

Because of the speed of the Quickdraw and being able to stack evasion on it (thanks Paradise). I can usually jump it into the perfect position and disrupt them for a turn, then when they have all turned to shoot at the QD and it has matrix dodged a turn worth of fire I can move in my other mechs and jump it back out.

Something that is probably overpowered is that sprinting in the pre-engagement phase doesn't generate heat. If I do it properly I get two turns of sprinting straight at my enemy and when we detect each other all me mechs are sitting on 5-6 stacks of evasion before I have even done anything.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Phrosphor posted:

Because of the speed of the Quickdraw and being able to stack evasion on it (thanks Paradise). I can usually jump it into the perfect position and disrupt them for a turn, then when they have all turned to shoot at the QD and it has matrix dodged a turn worth of fire I can move in my other mechs and jump it back out.

Something that is probably overpowered is that sprinting in the pre-engagement phase doesn't generate heat. If I do it properly I get two turns of sprinting straight at my enemy and when we detect each other all me mechs are sitting on 5-6 stacks of evasion before I have even done anything.

Part of me wants the solution to that to be a time-warped Warhawk C appearing from the mists and just obliterating the entire lance in like two turns through their evasion because TarComp and superior range!

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

Rygar201 posted:

Does anyone else really like the change to the mineral fields? I have liked it a lot so far

Thanks for the Assault words Q. I'll have to try the Battlemaster again. I just always feel like I would rather spend the extra ATT :10bux: for an Atlas

Try using the Bulwark + Evasive Pilot in the Battlemaster.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I could see Evasion Stacks not adding up if the mech has not been / is not currently spotted. Or the Evasion Stacks being halved.

OptimusWang
Jul 9, 2007

Anyone know how much it is for a kickstarter backer to upgrade their pledge into the beta?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phrosphor
Feb 25, 2007

Urbanisation

Evasion also suffers from diminishing returns:

quote:

Your base chance to hit with a ranged attack is 65% + 2.5% per point of Gunnery skill. This is then reduced for
each point of Difficulty. The first 10 points of Difficulty reduce your chance to hit by 5%
each. All points past 10 reduce your chance by 2% each.