Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

DC Murderverse posted:

i think i just did an auction draft with coma patients. (10 teams, $200 budget)

QB: Russel Wilson ($8)
WR: Allen Robinson ($17)
WR: Michael Crabtree ($16)
WR: Martavis Bryant ($10)
RB: David Johnson ($75)
RB: Demarco Murray ($41)
TE: Tyler Eifert ($11)
DEF: Minnesota ($1)
K: Mason Crosby ($1)

QB: Phillip Rivers ($1)
WR: Emmanuel Sanders ($5)
WR: Pierre Garcon ($3)
RB: Bilal Powell ($5)
RB: Mark Ingram ($5)
TE: Zach Ertz ($1)

I started out thinking I wouldn't' get any good receivers and then Robinson and Crabtree fell into my lap back to back and then man how the gently caress did I get Ertz for a dollar?

edit: three guys ended the draft with $12, $20, and $27 dollars each, and another guy dropped to only being able to bid $1 after just 5 roster slots. despite all of those facts, someone spent $6 on Justin Tucker.

Overall I'd give it about average. Got some bright spots, got some issues. With attentive management, should make a top 4 playoff spot.

Getting three WRs with ADP of ~18-24 isn't really "falling in your lap" in a ten team league.

A good way to "test out" an auction team is to pretend it was a snake draft and see how your first 6 or so rounds went.
So, first you got DJ. That means you would have had to have first pick in a snake draft.
Therefore, Murray at the end of the second round (pick 20) is a nice deal.
Third round...? Robinson, Crabtree, and Bryant all have ADP in round 4-5... So it's a reach here
Fourth Round... Crabtree... a reasonable ADP
Fifth Round... Bryant... reasonable
Sixth round... Powell? Ingram? Both are going about round 6-7 in ten team leagues
Seventh Round... Ingram/Powell

When I look at it this way, it seems like the team ended up about as good as if it had been in a snake draft: One reach, one good value pick, the rest right on ADP. One should always want one's team to look better than a draft team, because there is much more flexibility in auction.

For next time, I'd use the knowledge that "Top 10 Tight Ends will go for $1 in 10 team leagues" and use that $11 for Eifert, combine it with the $8 for backup WRs, and use that $19 to hang in for some more top 3 round ADP guys

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I'm trying to pry Kareem Hunt away from my buddy. He wants Brandon Marshall in return. Should I do it?

10 team, 0.5 ppr, standard scoring (QB/2RB/3WR,TE,FLX)

My Team:

QB- A. Rodgers
WR- A. Brown, J. Nelson, T.Y. Hilton, W. Snead, B. Marshall, Robby Anderson
RB- S. Ware, J. Mixon, T. Coleman, C.J. Anderson, M. Gillislee, Duke Johnson, Gio Bernard, T. Rawls, Rex Burkhead
TE- Olsen

I'm absolutely stacked at WR, so I can certainly bear the loss of Marshall. I also have to drop 3 players before the season starts to pick up a kicker, defense, and defensive back.

Thoughts?

I'd like to package two of my bench RB's in return for Hunt, but I doubt he accepts that.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
You would drop Marshall anyway as one of the 3 you have to drop for K, DEF, LB right?

Edit: And then you would drop Kareem Hunt for a K, DEF, LB too most likely. I don't know who you would drop to keep Hunt on the team I guess.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Spermy Smurf posted:

You would drop Marshall anyway as one of the 3 you have to drop for K, DEF, LB right?

Edit: And then you would drop Kareem Hunt for a K, DEF, LB too most likely. I don't know who you would drop to keep Hunt on the team I guess.

Honestly, I'm not sure who I plan on dropping right now. Robbie Anderson, Gio Bernard, and... someone else?

My RB's are trash so I'd like to have Ware and Hunt, to know I have a starting RB in an offense that runs the ball.

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Who would you guys take here? I like Olsen in case Gronk goes down but I also hate the idea of starting two tight ends.

14 team |Passing: 6 PPTD, 0.04 PPY, -3 Int , 0.2 Comp | Rushing: 6 PPTD, 0.1 PPY | Receiving: 6 PPTD, 0.066 PPY, 1 PPR

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination
Which group do you prefer in 0.5 PPR:

(A) Zeke + T.West + Garcon, or
(B) Ingram + T.Coleman + Tyreek

The latter is more well-rounded, but the former has the upside of Zeke in the 2nd half of the season. Here's the rest of the roster for reference:

QB: Mariota
RB: David Johnson, Powell, Gore
WR: Tate, Fitz, Crowder, Diggs
TE: Rudolph

As you can see, I'd have decent fill-ins for Zeke until his return, but I'm also hurting at WR without Tyreek.

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

CompeAnansi posted:

Which group do you prefer in 0.5 PPR:

(A) Zeke + T.West + Garcon, or
(B) Ingram + T.Coleman + Tyreek

The latter is more well-rounded, but the former has the upside of Zeke in the 2nd half of the season. Here's the rest of the roster for reference:

QB: Mariota
RB: David Johnson, Powell, Gore
WR: Tate, Fitz, Crowder, Diggs
TE: Rudolph

As you can see, I'd have decent fill-ins for Zeke until his return, but I'm also hurting at WR without Tyreek.

I'm taking A.

Garcon, Tate, Fitz, Crowder, and Diggs are very well rounded. One of them should break out and then when Zeke comes back you should be good in shape.

Also:

https://twitter.com/Rotoworld_FB/status/899710211526623236

RisqueBarber fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Aug 21, 2017

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
Guys I heard it

The hottest take

Just had a guy tell me in all sincerity that Ted Ginn is going to lead the Saints in receiving

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Now I don't feel so bad about taking Ginn in the 3rd.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Teemu Pokemon posted:

Guys I heard it

The hottest take

Just had a guy tell me in all sincerity that Ted Ginn is going to lead the Saints in receiving

He might get 'em, but he ain't catching 'em.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
So LeGarrette Blount got fat and there's now increasing smoke that he won't even make the Eagles' final roster. That fifth-round ADP looks more baffling by the day.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Benne posted:

So LeGarrette Blount got fat and there's now increasing smoke that he won't even make the Eagles' final roster. That fifth-round ADP looks more baffling by the day.

Beat reporters are once again hyping up the Wendell Smallwood train.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
At what point would you guys drop John Brown?

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

At what point would you guys drop John Brown?

I did it this morning because someone dropped Doctson and he has a slightly better chance of seeing the field and producing. (Only slightly though)

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Benne posted:

He'll make the roster. The Eagles were evaluating him with the passing and stretch stuff, his job is merely to push the line when we need him to.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Diqnol posted:

He'll make the roster. The Eagles were evaluating him with the passing and stretch stuff, his job is merely to push the line when we need him to.

He's 30 years old, the hell is there left to evaluate? Everybody already knows he sucks in the passing game.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Benne posted:

He's 30 years old, the hell is there left to evaluate? Everybody already knows he sucks in the passing game.

Is it really that surprising that in the preseason they would look at the things he doesn't traditionally do?

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Ty1990 posted:

The Eagles backfield sucks and you shouldn't draft any of them outside of Sproles late in PPR.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I literally drafted Beckham 30 seconds before he hosed his knee. He's out for a while...

EDIT: gently caress

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/899799206092832768

Might sit out Week 1, but could've been much worse.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

It looked worse than that. I think he's out for a few weeks at least.

Antrodemus
Mar 8, 2002
Looking for some opinions / back-patting / etc. on this draft I just put together. Got a feeling I may have assembled the best team of 2013, but we'll see. Drafted 8th in a 12-person non-PPR snake draft, round # in parentheses:

QB: Mariota (6), Cutler (14)
RB: Freeman (1), DeMarco Murray (2), Frank Gore (8), Derrick Henry (9), Darren McFadden (12)
WR: Alshon Jeffrey (4), Emmanuel Sanders (5), Tyrell Williams (7), Donte Moncrief (10), Adam Thielen (11)
TE: Kelce (3)
K: Prater (13)
DEF: ATL (15)

McFadden is an automatic start for the first 6 weeks, right? Yahoo still has him projected for 10 points all year.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
^ I think your draft went well.

What do we think of Randall Cobb? He went undrafted in my 10 man 0.3 PPR league. Do I drop someone for him?

QB: Brady
RB: LeSean McCoy
RB: Melvin Gordon
WR: TY Hilton
WR: Larry Fitzgerald
TE: Jimmy Graham
FLEX: Mark Ingram
K: Gostkowski
DEF: Eagles

Bench:
Mariota
Tevin Coleman
Terrance West
Julian Edelman
Eric Decker
Richard Matthews
Rex Burkhead
Jonathan Williams

paternity suitor
Aug 2, 2016

I thought Smallwood looked alright last year but yeah, I wouldn't touch any Eagles RB.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Finished my second draft of the year last night. 10 team, non-ppr.

QB- Matt Ryan (68)
WR- Odell Beckham Jr. (8)
WR- Michael Thomas (13)
RB- Jordan Howard (28)
RB- Leonard Fournette (33)
FLEX- Isaiah Crowell (48)
Bench- Mark Ingram (53)
Bench- Jarvis Landry (73)
Bench- Pierre Garcon (88)
Bench- CJ Anderson (93)
Bench- Kenny Britt (108)
Bench- Kareem Hunt (113)
Bench- Robbie Anderson (128)
Bench- Jamaal Williams (133)
Bench- Ted Ginn Jr. (148)

A lot of guys slid pretty far down the board (Jordan Howard @ 28, etc). I think I did well. I literally drafted Beckham 30 seconds before he got hurt last night though :(

How does it look?

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

RCarr posted:

Finished my second draft of the year last night. 10 team, non-ppr.

QB- Matt Ryan (68)
WR- Odell Beckham Jr. (8)
WR- Michael Thomas (13)
RB- Jordan Howard (28)
RB- Leonard Fournette (33)
FLEX- Isaiah Crowell (48)
Bench- Mark Ingram (53)
Bench- Jarvis Landry (73)
Bench- Pierre Garcon (88)
Bench- CJ Anderson (93)
Bench- Kenny Britt (108)
Bench- Kareem Hunt (113)
Bench- Robbie Anderson (128)
Bench- Jamaal Williams (133)
Bench- Ted Ginn Jr. (148)

A lot of guys slid pretty far down the board (Jordan Howard @ 28, etc). I think I did well. I literally drafted Beckham 30 seconds before he got hurt last night though :(

How does it look?

Can't believe you got Howard in the third. That looks like a real solid team to me.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

MacheteZombie posted:

Here's my draft: .5ppr, 1 qb, 1rb, 1 wr, 1 te, 3 wr/te/rb flex, 1 k, 1 dst. 10 Team league. I'm the 6th team (McCoy 1st round)

How'd I do?

shameless self quote.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

MacheteZombie posted:

shameless self quote.

It's easier if you write it out but your team did pretty great. I have no idea why people are so down on Matt Ryan this year he's probably going to be QB1 or 2 again.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Doltos posted:

It's easier if you write it out but your team did pretty great. I have no idea why people are so down on Matt Ryan this year he's probably going to be QB1 or 2 again.

fair enough. I usually post the pic of the draft board for others to pick out better teams or trash on bad ones.

Yeah I don't get the Matt Ryan hate either. He had a season low in turnovers last year and looked really sharp all season.

I was really surprised Delanie was still available in the 11th. With our 3 flex spots he should be a great there if Kelce plays well too. I'm a bit nervous about my WRs

MacheteZombie fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Aug 22, 2017

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/900029955832242177

I think I can relax a bit after spending $10 on Blount in my main league.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

MacheteZombie posted:

shameless self quote.

For whatever it's worth, I think pretty well. I have a personal bias against Keenan Allen and Abdullah after drafting them last year. My initial thought was that I'd want more receiver depth, but really that's mitigated by all the flex spots. I think with that many flexes, it all comes down to how well you play it during the year. You've got enough upside that it should be competitive.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

pubic works project posted:

https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/900029955832242177

I think I can relax a bit after spending $10 on Blount in my main league.

In my league this past week, he went 4th round

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

89 posted:

In my league this past week, he went 4th round

How? How is this possible?

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Sorry, 5th round. But still ahead of guys like Mixon, Ingram, and CJA lol

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

89 posted:

Sorry, 5th round. But still ahead of guys like Mixon, Ingram, and CJA lol

Good lord. I mean, with the rest of my roster he's good filler. But I would never take him in the 5th. I'd much rather have Ingram (actually I have both in my other league).

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

When are we supposed to get the news on Beckham's injury?

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

RCarr posted:

When are we supposed to get the news on Beckham's injury?

https://twitter.com/giants/status/899994908357951488

He doesn't sound real worried.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

It's hard for me to believe that a grown man can collapse to the ground in tears, after walking off the field and into the tunnel, over an injury that isn't a big deal. I know he's a drama queen, but come on.

I still think it's going to be revealed that it's something more serious.

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

RCarr posted:

I know he's a drama queen, but come on.

This. He's fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
I had no idea my dad/uncle post here.

• Locked thread