Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?
Makes it easier for HBO to work up a sequel series in a couple years if the end is basically return to status quo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

TheRat posted:

They've been posted on basically every page of this loving thread.

wrong

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Yeah sometimes you guys go a solid 5 pages with no references to where the leaks are other than UGH GOD DAMMIT THEY WERE JUST POSTED QUIT ASKING

OP last updated forever ago. Shame

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Okay I've now read the entire leaks attentively and I'm a true believer.

Also they're pretty good and make more sense than what folks itt led me to believe, they're much better than seasons 5,6,7.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Yeah sometimes you guys go a solid 5 pages with no references to where the leaks are other than UGH GOD DAMMIT THEY WERE JUST POSTED QUIT ASKING

I've been following this thread like a hawk and I haven't seen the loving link to the leaks yet, just the link debunking them.

E: VVV Thanks!

WampaLord fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Aug 21, 2017

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
http://www.desinerd.co.in/game-of-thrones-season-8-leaks-spoilers/

here is the link someone posted this morning

I really haven't read it though. Anyone got tl;dr version?

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

emanresu tnuocca posted:

Okay I've now read the entire leaks attentively and I'm a true believer.

Also they're pretty good.

How does that right there not immediately tell you they're fake?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

some guy on the bus posted:

How does that right there not immediately tell you they're fake?

It's a 50/50 goon split on Best Thing Ever/Worst Thing Ever, which means it's 100% true!

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

loving hell, right at the start of the spoilers they even say:

quote:

Probability of these being fan fiction is very high.

loving lmao at the dumb goons who are taking these seriously

Yudo
May 15, 2003

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

lol i was thinking it might be an interesting coda where they have to integrate and (at least the dothraki who aren't doomed to die out this generation) meld with westerosi culture.

tadashi posted:

In spite of the thread title, I was trying to avoid reading the leaks because I just find the whole thing annoying. This makes sense, though. This is like reading that Jon is all-but-confirmed to be Rhaegar's kid. If Dany doesn't die, she would have to rule Westeros as a Westerosi for it to work. The continent is too big and too divided politically.

Like Pac-Manioc mentioned, I can also buy the idea that one of the invading forces stays and integrates culturally, just like the First Men and the Andals did. I guess the Unsullied can't leave much of a genetic legacy but their style of fighting could affect things.

Killing them all off because writing a more creative story of cultural integration is just weak. Historically, many nomadic people went sedentary when they found land that wasn't garbage agriculturally. There are lots of examples: the Yuan of China, Hungary and Bulgaria etc. Gurm likes to write with plot points and themes with historical precedent: rarely were nomadic people's annihilated rather than settled/assimilated.

Further, how would fan beloved Danny look if she uprooted an entire people to be used as zombie dragon kindling, leading them to their annihilation as kewl cgi effects in a land far away?

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

texaholic posted:

tl;dr: Leaks that come before scripts/production have started are never anything but dumb fanfiction so dont even bother.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

WampaLord posted:

loving hell, right at the start of the spoilers they even say:

loving lmao at the dumb goons who are taking these seriously

You know the final season is going to be godawful, might as well accept the first publishedfanfiction as canon and be at peace with world.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

TheRat posted:

tl;dr: Leaks that come before scripts/production have started are never anything but dumb fanfiction so dont even bother.

Shooting starts this october. The scripts are certainly written.

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/news/game-of-thrones-season-8-filming-date-release-episode-count-6-7-a7904166.html

Yudo
May 15, 2003

TheRat posted:

I think the bigger issue is that the show has gotten so silly that the line between fan fiction and the plot from a multi million dollar blockbuster are indistinguishable.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

texaholic posted:

Night King invades Winterfell. Bran, Pod, Tormund, Meera and Rhaegal die here. Heroes retreat South. Meanwhile Cersei and Euron get the Golden Company into Storm's End.

Theon takes back Pyke. Euron goes back to Pyke and kills Theon. Night King fucks around Pyke for a bit.

Night King invades the Vale. Jon, Jaime, Gendry and Bronn kill him. Brienne dies. Meanwhile Daenerys dies giving birth to Jon's child. Sam hides baby. Golden Company takes Daenerys' body.

Arya kills Cersei. Hound and Nymeria kill the Mountain. Euron is crowned king. He hangs Dany's rotting body to a gate and peasants fling poo at her.

Jon, Jaime and others charge into King's Landing. Euron shoots down Drogon, who lands in the Dragonpit. Jon and Jaime fight and kill Euron. Drogon accidentally sets a cache of wildfire ablaze. Dragonpit explodes and everyone dies.

-Timeskip to 3 years later-

Arya fucks off to Essos.

Sansa marries Gendry and they rule the North, the Vale and Storm's End.

Edmure rules Riverrun. Probably episode will have a previously on to remind people who the gently caress Edmure was.

Bronn marries Tyene and they rule Dorne.

Sam gets the Reach.

Yara rules the Iron Islands.

Dany and Jon's daughter gets crowned ruler of the 7 kingdoms. Tyrion rules in her place till she comes of age. Tyrion fucks Missandei. He drops the show's title.

A White Walker is taking Bran's corpse to an altar where he is reborn as the Night King. Winter is coming.

lezard_valeth fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Aug 21, 2017

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Basically all the leaks that have been real have been from people who have been present at the filming, hence why they never include details that would be done in CGI/greenscreen. This season we didnt even get that, did we? It was all from spanish translators?

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Well those supposed leaks are kind of poo poo but entirely believable. We know the actress who plays Dany is over this poo poo and wants nothing to do with spinoffs. Arya got her spinoff set up real nice on the other hand. Killing off a bunch of principle characters in a random explosion is super dumb but I can see them doing it.

Who knows, I guess we'll see in a year or whatever.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

TheRat posted:

Basically all the leaks that have been real have been from people who have been present at the filming, hence why they never include details that would be done in CGI/greenscreen. This season we didnt even get that, did we? It was all from spanish translators?

We had CGI knowledge in this season's leak.

For instance, Jaime charging towards Daenerys and Drogon. They were wrong in that they said Jaime was charging towards Drogon instead of Daenerys, but the gist of it was right.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

TheRat posted:

The spoilers posted 10 months ago for Season 7 were before filming started and all proven to be true.

Check this: https://www.reddit.com/r/freefolk/comments/57g8yf/compilation_of_spoilers_by_awayforthelads/

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

lezard_valeth posted:

We had CGI knowledge in this season's leak.

For instance, Jaime charging towards Daenerys and Drogon. They were wrong in that they said Jaime was charging towards Drogon instead of Daenerys, but the gist of it was right.

And didn't that all come from the translators, which is why it leaked to late compared to previous seasons?

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

LIKE THE WAVES IN THE OCEAN I WILL DIG IN YOUR FAT AND SEARCH FOR YOUR CLITORIS, BUT I WON'T SLAM WHALE
Those leaks actually sound pretty legit

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

emanresu tnuocca posted:

The spoilers posted 10 months ago for Season 7 were before filming started and all proven to be true.

Check this: https://www.reddit.com/r/freefolk/comments/57g8yf/compilation_of_spoilers_by_awayforthelads/

That was made almost 2 months after production started, and it's an extremely rough outline.

kzin602
May 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
It was a while ago but the Nights Watch takes a vow of celibacy because sex is political when all of politics hinges on bloodlines and family. If you have an exiled noble having babies while on the watch, they still exert political influence. If that same noble knocks up a mole town prostitute there's plausible deniability.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

emanresu tnuocca posted:

They are not all true:

quote:

Beric Dondarrion will be killed by the WW

We'll get a flashback from Rhaegar and Lyanna's wedding.

The "Northern girl" will be Alys Karstark.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I skimmed the spoilers but I thought it initially said that Dany dies in childbirth BETWEEN seasons which would be so loving hilarious I almost want it to be true now.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

TheRat posted:

That was made almost 2 months after production started, and it's an extremely rough outline.

Filming started in october, actually just about the time those were posted.

They can't possibly come from extras or translators and have to have been based off of the plot outlines, just like current batch of alleged spoilers.

WampaLord posted:

They are not all true:

Sure but there was also stuff that wasn't true in the authentic plot outlines we got for episodes 4 & 5, some details get changed and also those are all non-critical details while all of the big plot points, including CGI poo poo, is mentioned.

Solaris 2.0
May 14, 2008

lezard_valeth posted:

Arya kills Cersei. Hound and Nymeria kill the Mountain. Euron is crowned king. He hangs Dany's rotting body to a gate and peasants fling poo at her.

Jon, Jaime and others charge into King's Landing. Euron shoots down Drogon, who lands in the Dragonpit. Jon and Jaime fight and kill Euron. Drogon accidentally sets a cache of wildfire ablaze. Dragonpit explodes and everyone dies.

This sounds dumb as poo poo. So of course this will be what ends up happening.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

emanresu tnuocca posted:

Filming started in october, actually just about the time those were posted.

" Filming began in Belfast on August 31, 2016 and ended in February 2017"

E: Here's a report from watchersonthewall from august 31st that says filming has started and extras in mormont gear have been spotted.

TheRat fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Aug 21, 2017

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Just look at the season 7 spoilers on the very same site and when they were released:
http://www.desinerd.co.in/game-thrones-season-7-spoilers-episode-1/

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

emanresu tnuocca posted:

Just look at the season 7 spoilers on the very same site and when they were released:
http://www.desinerd.co.in/game-thrones-season-7-spoilers-episode-1/

June 1, 2017?

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
The new leaks are so real I just can't.

Like you guys need to accept the realness of these leaks, which have always been real.

Cornflakes
Dec 3, 2006

The only parts of the leaks I think are decent:

-Arya going back to Essos because I can't really see her integrating into noble society again
-Gendry getting Storm's End

I so hope that Tyene is still alive lmao

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

TheRat posted:

June 1, 2017?

gently caress i'm having a series of brain farts here.

I still believe.

Rated PG-34
Jul 1, 2004

if the spoilers are real, what happened to all that poo poo about breaking the wheel

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Rated PG-34 posted:

if the spoilers are real, what happened to all that poo poo about breaking the wheel

wheel breaks you

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Spoilers sound awesome

Yudo
May 15, 2003

The talk of Danny's heir and that heir's significance sure does fit in to the leaked plot's conclusion.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

Rated PG-34 posted:

having a baby for a monarch is sort of a paradigm shift, I suppose

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yudo
May 15, 2003

PupsOfWar posted:

having a baby for a monarch is sort of a paradigm shift, I suppose

It very often has led to civil war.

• Locked thread