Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Romulux posted:

I can't wait for this game. I played the poo poo out of Destiny on Xbox 360 and One. Is the Serious Overchill clan the one you all are joining? I'd like to get into some goon games and I plan on streaming.

I play in 16:10 and my vertical FoV is loving PHAT. It's actually op in fps games.

I think some of us are playing with SRS OC and some are playing with the old clan from D1, I'm not sure

Pretty much everyone in srsoc will be newbies to the series and it's going to be extra kawaii

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Was it Destiny 1 where goons were stealing codes off of bags of Cheetos in store or am I thinking of another game.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
No that's pretty much it.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Is it worth playing the original to know what's going on?

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Sinteres posted:

We still don't know what happened in the first one so I think you're good

Oovee
Jun 21, 2007

No life king.

Sinteres posted:

Just read the grimoire cards online to get a gist of it.

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS

Oovee posted:

Just read the grimoire cards online to get a gist of it.

But also don't because they're abandoning most of that story

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Maker Of Shoes posted:

We still don't know what happened in the first one so I think you're good

Lmao I want to retort buuuuuuuuuuut

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Destiny 1: story sucked rear end but it was the funnest game to blow poo poo up in because you had rad powers, sold 5 billion copies

Destiny 2: they spent a lot of time on the story now, but your powers are bad, will sell [xxxxxxx] copies

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

Tomahawk posted:

But also don't because they're abandoning most of that story

thats a gross oversimplification of what has been stated numerous times but also a convenient narrative

to the other guy: you don't need to play D1 but reading some of the stuff from the first game might give you some helpful context

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
im looking forward to playing

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

it's going to be extra kawaii

Hell yeah I'm into KAWAII

Killing
All
White
Anime
Indulging
Individuals

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
lol if u dont like anime

Romulux
Mar 17, 2004

E V O L V E D

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Got some bad news for you lol

Okay I give.. what is it?

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

Legs Benedict posted:

thats a gross oversimplification of what has been stated numerous times but also a convenient narrative

to the other guy: you don't need to play D1 but reading some of the stuff from the first game might give you some helpful context

It has basis in some truth, the darkness which was a major plot point in the original is taking a back seat for now, and a major plot figure in the year 1 story won't be appearing again in Destiny 2 according to the lead dev.

Destiny 2 has a brand new story where you don't have to know the backstory from the original. Destiny 1 is still worth playing though, it's never too late to get into it and will still have tons of players long after Destiny 2 has come out.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

I think some of us are playing with SRS OC and some are playing with the old clan from D1, I'm not sure

Pretty much everyone in srsoc will be newbies to the series and it's going to be extra kawaii

Remote Destiny 2 hype boy for SRS OC checking in, it's going to be :krad:

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

The darkness still exists, a bunch of rear end in a top hat cabal are coming from far away to put the traveler in a ziplock bag so we can't have any light.

The darkness is just a void outside the solar system bungie summons bad guys from when we need a new boss to kill.

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

some info coming out of Gamescom today:
- Des2ny will support HDR
- SLI is also supported
- Battle.net chat features will be supported in game (like cross game whisper, party chat, etc)

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

The PC version supports HDR, that's a pretty huge deal. HDR looks amazing. I've been playing RE7 PC with it on and it's unreal. 4k resolution, uncapped frame rate and now HDR support. PC D2 is going to be something pretty special.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

Bungie's senior technical artist has just directly answered a question I asked him on Reddit, the PC game has support for resolution scaling, a feature not yet mentioned until now.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/6v20gl/destiny_2_pc_has_hdr_sli_support/dlxmsdb/?context=3

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!
I'm concerned that they haven't fired their lead writer yet. It'll be really hard to remove the story from the game with him around. Don't they care at all for consistency?

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
What

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

So it's borderlands with less jokes right?

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

And Tyler Too! posted:

So it's borderlands with less jokes right?

Pretty much

But with way better multiplayer/matchmaking

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!
The guns are less crazy than in Borderlands, but they feel good.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

But with way better...matchmaking

what loving alternate dimension are you from

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

what loving alternate dimension are you from

well its gotta be better matchmaking than borderlands i think

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
I hope we can duel with fireteam members and make dupes of guns

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I lovingly curated the ultimate destiny playlist

https://play.google.com/music/m/Bunx7pzci3sistn7v6cl3csppaa?t=Moana_Original_Motion_Picture_SoundtrackDeluxe_Edition_-_Various_Artists

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Oh.. oh no

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
feel free to add any of those tracks to your montages

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

I think you could have gone heavier on the Drum'n'Bass but overall a solid playlist

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

It's been mentioned here before, there is also a PS4 + PC Clan
Click interact, then join clan. You may need to set it as active or primary once you are accepted.

the discord that goes with it is really active and has a lot of people who have played more destiny than they have sense

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!

Don't worry I picked the best ones for you:

We Know the Way (AKA Cru Cru music) 
How Far I'll Go (Aksis Part 2)
I Am Moana (Crota) 
Know Who You Are (Warpriest)

JorgeHWB
Jan 15, 2016

Aww, ugly duckling...
bawk-bawk

Insane Totoro posted:

Don't worry I picked the best ones for you:

We Know the Way (AKA Cru Cru music) 
How Far I'll Go (Aksis Part 2)
I Am Moana (Crota) 
Know Who You Are (Warpriest)

Shiny works better for Aksis Pt. 2

You also forgot:

You're Welcome (works for any matchmade event where pubbies are present)

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
is this game going to be good? I never played the first and I dont know if that game was good or only good for a console shooter.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Uh here's the actual Destiny 2 Playlist

Steel Panther: Glory Hole (repeat)

https://youtube.com/watch?v=diYS8jyOcFc

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

Fauxtool posted:

is this game going to be good? I never played the first and I dont know if that game was good or only good for a console shooter.

first game was really good after a few expansions and they learned what makes a game fun, so hopefully they get it right early on this time but it could be garbage at launch again

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
The first game was really fun, as he mentioned, after they fine tuned poo poo over the course of three years. The thing that always made it good, no matter how hosed up the meta or progression was, is the gun feel on console. Not sure how that will translate to PC.

They've also made some pretty dramatic changes to the overall level of your super, grenades and melee. I think it sucks major rear end but some people love it.

Play the beta.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JorgeHWB
Jan 15, 2016

Aww, ugly duckling...
bawk-bawk

• Locked thread