Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Consensus seems to be try R201, Spitfire, CAR in their respective categories.

Did they make the R101 different or is it still an identical clone to the R201?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

I use the Devotion :getin:

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Bounty hunt has actually been pretty evenly matched tonight. Crazy

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Lemon-Lime posted:

Did they make the R101 different or is it still an identical clone to the R201?

identical only with unremovable scope

yes it makes no sense

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

identical only with unremovable scope

yes it makes no sense

Hey, you can still replace the scope with a RDS, so it makes even less sense because the lovely scope is just its ironsights. :v:

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Why the gently caress is this game matchmaking me into games where the game is half over and my team has half the opponents score? I had this happen now 4 times in a row. Then it counts the game on my map w/l record? If I look at the score and leave immediately it still counts as a loss? What the Christ?

I just realized it was doing this.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

I believe it only doesn't count as a loss if you play through it.

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.

BitBasher posted:

Why the gently caress is this game matchmaking me into games where the game is half over and my team has half the opponents score? I had this happen now 4 times in a row. Then it counts the game on my map w/l record? If I look at the score and leave immediately it still counts as a loss? What the Christ?

I just realized it was doing this.

Notice the big popup which says "you've joined a losing match in progress, this loss will not be recorded?"

Play the game out and chill. Don't quit. (The reason you're getting matched into these is because people like you are dropping out of them!)

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013
Volt, EVA8 and Devotion kill slowly enough for somebody to whip around with the CAR and just kill you first

positioning can mitigate that TTK difference, and the game is all about crazy movement so that isn't a big deal. I just don't understand people who say the Spitfire is really good. It jumps around all over the place both ADS and hipfire.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Pubbies have been really cool today

http://i.imgur.com/lglVK6g.gifv

http://i.imgur.com/F0mhSvD.gifv

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
also why the hell do people refuse to buy turrets on the lower levels of the game?

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009

s.i.r.e. posted:

A good chunk of us do, the guild is "Titanfall Goons."

Oh cool. I find the game oddly compelling, even if most of my matches are me getting stomped or stomping pubbies. At least 80% of the games I've played have been one way stomps, and maybe 20% if i'm being generous were actually close.

Regardless though, I managed to name my profile after the best character from TF1.

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

[quote="“moist turtleneck”" post="“475561425”"]
also why the hell do people refuse to buy turrets on the lower levels of the game?
[/quote]

I never buy em on any difficulty because other people usually go overboard with them anyway (but then put them in stupid places where they get disabled constantly).

Arc traps all day every day for me.

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

Haha! It's finally over! No more asking everyone on my friends list if they want to do Insane every day!

Totally worth it. There's all of three people with this patch playing, and I'm one of them. I also got insanely lucky and managed to get fishsticks for Monarch on both her chassis and weapon within a few hours of each other despite the fact that I had left her completely untouched at level 1. Clearly this was a sign from RNGesus and I've been playing her exclusively since then and absolutely wrecking house with her.

also been using holopilot + LSTAR + gravity star and having a shitload of fun. I decided it was worth it to do a little VPK modding and customized my LSTAR + crosshair for maximum lulz:

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/UnevenGlisteningBluefintuna-mobile.mp4

Today was a good day.

Hugh G. Rectum fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Aug 20, 2017

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
Had a hankering for some TF2 so I reinstall the game the other day. First game I played something really stuck out. A guy on the other team was doing nothing but running around with cloak and primed grenades to get instant unavoidable kills. Is this what the ~pros~ are doing now?

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Lemon-Lime posted:

Hey, you can still replace the scope with a RDS, so it makes even less sense because the lovely scope is just its ironsights. :v:
Which makes me sad because I loved the R-101's iron sights with the red dot front post (like how the Spitfire sights are) and wish they were in the game.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Where are people placing turrets on our beloved map, War Games?

I've been placing them on the two raised corners of the starter area but that's kinda it. I'm not sure where else to place them.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

YO

you big rectum, resize dem images

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Because the goof is all mine.

Flipswitch posted:

Where are people placing turrets on our beloved map, War Games?

I've been placing them on the two raised corners of the starter area but that's kinda it. I'm not sure where else to place them.

I'm a real big fan of putting them on the Leave Match button

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
War games sucks for FD and if it had a statue I'd tear it down so we'd never have to play it again

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Back when I used to stay in matched on War Games, I'd just toss em on the pillars around the harvester, hoping that they would swat the ticks before they got owned and and then never repair them inbetween my assassinating all of the goddamn mortar titans by myself.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

SpookyLizard posted:

Oh cool. I find the game oddly compelling, even if most of my matches are me getting stomped or stomping pubbies. At least 80% of the games I've played have been one way stomps, and maybe 20% if i'm being generous were actually close.

Regardless though, I managed to name my profile after the best character from TF1.

The game owns, but god drat do I hate Angel City in this game. It's total poo poo.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I'll play Angel City all day over Relic.

wintrrmute
Jul 28, 2002

(Borat voice) "MAH WIFE!"
360 woop that trick

http://i.imgur.com/AzR2Tbd.gifv

wintrrmute
Jul 28, 2002

(Borat voice) "MAH WIFE!"
once you get a bit of practice you can rodeo v easily with the grapple

no one talks about this

http://i.imgur.com/AtABpcJ.gifv

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

You don't really need practice to rodeo easily with grapple. You just shoot it at the thing and the game does the rest. It's a pretty well known thing which is why no one talks about it.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
Pretty sure they mean maneuvering around so you don't get murdered the second you latch on.

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013
Too bad Grapple does nothing for escaping after nabbing a battery

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

wintrrmute posted:

once you get a bit of practice you can rodeo v easily with the grapple

no one talks about this

http://i.imgur.com/AtABpcJ.gifv

Useful in FD but in regular multi the pilot gets a great big 'GRAPPLED' warning on their HUD so expect a nice warm, electrified smoke welcome before you get close to stealing a battery or dropping a grenade in.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I had one round in attrition with Monarch and maelstrom wich resulted in three pilots getting zapped by two electric smokes in like 5 seconds because they really wanted to rodeo me.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

I think the pro strat is to grapple, and then immediately break the grapple, so they pop their smoke cherry early.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

If you have the stealth perk doesn't it not let them know you are grappling?

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?
There's a short delay until the message pops up for the Titan, but long enough that by the time they see it and hit their smoke you'll already be more than halfway through the battery pullout animation. Grappling hooks display a message regardless of having Low Profile equipped or not. Usually if I see someone grappled on and the popup disappears without the rodeo message, I just assume they are rodeoing with Low Profile and pop the smoke.

I don't really think rodeoing is as effective as using an anti-titan weapon from far away and chipping away at a Titan building your Titan meter. Most of the time if I get rodeo'd and I don't have a esmoke charge I'll wait until I hear the battery removal sound and turn 180 and punch the pilot midair. The timing is more or less the same all the time.

e: I totally misread that post. :doh:

Wazzit fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Aug 21, 2017

Severedseven
Jun 6, 2007

Heavy and light

BitBasher posted:

I play with headphones on and hear the grapple connect every time it happens. If I can't swing around 360 and punch the pilot midair then I pop the smoke. If you know the sound, it's even better than the "GRAPPLE" notification.

edit: I may be crazy but I think the sound is even directional if your headphones support it.

Severedseven fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Aug 21, 2017

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I was leveling up Northstar to get the faster charge up in F_D and was basically topping the scoreboard from easy to hard games on all maps. Got the charge upgrade and... :stare:

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

BitBasher posted:

You still get a big red GRAPPLED on screen but when the pilot lands on your titan, the notification goes away until the RODEO alert pops up instead instead of appearing immediately like it usually does.

Edit: you can see it at the start of this video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8y85qze-73I
The pilot grappled me, then the notification disappeared making me think he aborted and then the rodeo notification popped up right when he pulled the battery out.

radintorov fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Aug 21, 2017

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?
New trailer tomorrow for what I think is the last DLC drop? New Amped Wall execution I'm assuming?

https://twitter.com/Titanfallgame/status/899677707058855936?s=09

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Hey I'll take anything at this point 🤷🏽‍♀️

Fair amount of DLC tbh. Could have used more maps all around but hey. Hoping for that TF3 :pray:

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

Severedseven posted:

I play with headphones on and hear the grapple connect every time it happens. If I can't swing around 360 and punch the pilot midair then I pop the smoke. If you know the sound, it's even better than the "GRAPPLE" notification.

edit: I may be crazy but I think the sound is even directional if your headphones support it.

You can hear the grapple connect even though there is no visual indicator?

lovely. I have hearing damage, I hear absolutely nothing. Ouch. I didn't know there was a sound.

If you jump on and don't grapple is there still a sound?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

BitBasher posted:

You can hear the grapple connect even though there is no visual indicator?

lovely. I have hearing damage, I hear absolutely nothing. Ouch. I didn't know there was a sound.

If you jump on and don't grapple is there still a sound?
Yes unless you use the stealth kit: it's a pretty loud clunk followed by more thumping noises as the pilot goes for the battery.

Still most people do use the stealth kit since the alternatives are somewhat lacklustre.