Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I will not be excited until they announce Sue and don't announce Dr Arthur Light.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gorelab
Dec 26, 2006

Plastic Man is the better stretchy superhero dammit. :colbert:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Gorelab posted:

Plastic Man is the better stretchy superhero dammit. :colbert:

You shut your whore mouth

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Shorty got that what what

Shorty got that good good

e:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2R2pFk7dAZ4

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Aug 1, 2017

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Shorty got that what what

Shorty got that good good

e:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2R2pFk7dAZ4

Pouring one out for Don't Trust the B. Van Der Beek really needs to do a cameo on Jessica Jones.

Bozart
Oct 28, 2006

Give me the finger.

Rhyno posted:

You shut your whore mouth

go back to science city zero where you can try to explain how Randall Dowling isn't guilty of crimes against humanity

R-Type
Oct 10, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Elongated Man evokes visuals of a person with a stupidly oversized cock and all the hilarity that ensues from trying to stow it and appear normal

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

As long as he's played by Michael Cera.

Gorelab
Dec 26, 2006

I also realize that I have no clue what the difference between Plastic Man and Elongated Man is except Plastic Man showed up in Brave and the Bold way more.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Plastic Man is a goofy showman, lech, and jokester. Elastic Man is a serious guy and he's very serious.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
Plastic Man owns, Elongated Man sucks.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

both are good OP

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Also this is pretty cool news Elongated Man was always buds with Barry so it will be neat to see him on the show.

(they better do the nose twitch)

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Plastic Man is a goofy showman, lech, and jokester. Elastic Man is a serious guy and he's very serious.

Funny thing is, when they started out they were both the opposite.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

They should definitely be a buddy cop-style superhero teamup, that sounds like the perfect personality combo.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Plastic Man also has the more extensive powerset than EM. EM has a powerset that's a bit more like Reed Richards, but maybe just a little less dynamic. Plastic Man more resembles Rubber Band Man from the Static Shock cartoons in that he can alter his appearance and form (but not his color scheme or texture) to just about anything.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmGXN92wBiY

The depictions as to the extent of their abilities do vary, but at peak depictions, EM never got all that much further than Plastic Man while Plastic Man rivaled most A-listers in how durable he was to the point of near invincibility due to his extremely ductile nature and the ability to regenerate, invulnerable to telepathy, and possibly immortal. His only weaknesses are certain chemicals and extreme temperatures which affect him like how one would affect silly putty.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

McSpanky posted:

Funny thing is, when they started out they were both the opposite.

One might even say... the reverse?

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

Guy A. Person posted:

Also this is pretty cool news Elongated Man was always buds with Barry so it will be neat to see him on the show.

(they better do the nose twitch)

Just wait until Barry kills his wife

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Didn't they make Plastic Man super powerful recently or am I remembering wrong?

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Scyantific posted:

Didn't they make Plastic Man super powerful recently or am I remembering wrong?

Plastic Man suffered a lot from power creep. At some point in the 90s or 00s, he was depicted as nigh invulnerable and could regenerate among other tricks. He could even reassemble himself if torn to pieces and didn't seem to age. His most recent appearance was under super secure lock and key under Batman's watch as a sort of secret weapon

The nature of this incarceration hasn't been revealed.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Gorelab posted:

I also realize that I have no clue what the difference between Plastic Man and Elongated Man is except Plastic Man showed up in Brave and the Bold way more.

Plastic Man can change his shape, Elongated Man can stretch.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Xelkelvos posted:

Plastic Man suffered a lot from power creep. At some point in the 90s or 00s, he was depicted as nigh invulnerable and could regenerate among other tricks. He could even reassemble himself if torn to pieces and didn't seem to age. His most recent appearance was under super secure lock and key under Batman's watch as a sort of secret weapon

The nature of this incarceration hasn't been revealed.

I think when he was torn to pieces and scattered, it took him like two thousand years to reassemble himself, which, fair enough.

metztli
Mar 19, 2006
Which lead to the obvious photoshop, making me suspect that their ad agencies or creative types must be aware of what goes on at SA
Isn't Plastic Man also completely insane, or am I thinking of someone else?

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free
No, you're right. Plas has gone off the deep end.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Al Borland Corp. posted:

I think when he was torn to pieces and scattered, it took him like two thousand years to reassemble himself, which, fair enough.

He wasn't actively reassembling himself, the Justice League had to do it, if I'm remembering right. Hearing him talk about having an itch on his nose for a thousand years really bugged me.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
So what reason exactly did Wally have to torpedo that attempt of changing the future by Barry marrying Iris? Went above my head.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Combat Pretzel posted:

So what reason exactly did Wally have to torpedo that attempt of changing the future by Barry marrying Iris? Went above my head.

It was kind of insulting to his sister and his family, that Barry asked her to marry him under false pretenses and not for love. He was offended and protecting his sister from the immediate emotional manipulation.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

I guess that's why I don't agree with it. They love each other, it would have happened anyway (as per future newspaper), and per running logic as of that episode, it would have likely aided in saving her life. All that got dismissed over some some family honor bullshit he shouldn't have that much of a stake in, given he's sorta a late addition.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

I thought the point was that it wouldn't change anything because it doesn't directly apply to the scenario?? It's like if he told her to wear a different sweater that day, it maybe "changes the future" but not in a helpful way at all.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

I don't know, things are confusing. At least in the next episode, they clarify why the time wraith didn't tear Barry a new one after his flashpoint antics.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Katee Sackhoff will be a recurring villain next season. She'll play Amunet Black aka Blacksmith. In the comics she's a meta with the ability to reshape metal and on the show she'll be running a black market for metas.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Remember the metapocalypse?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Wheat Loaf posted:

Remember the metapocalypse?
No, when did this happen?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

FactsAreUseless posted:

No, when did this happen?

The end of season 2, Zoom brought in an army of Metas from all around the Multiverse

Flash defeated them all off-screen between episodes

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Guy Goodbody posted:

The end of season 2, Zoom brought in an army of Metas from all around the Multiverse

Flash defeated them all off-screen between episodes
I completely forgot this happened. Why did Zoom do that?

ZRM
Nov 25, 2007

FactsAreUseless posted:

I completely forgot this happened. Why did Zoom do that?

To give you hope, of course. So that the Flash writers could take it away.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
They ran outta money.

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
I thought Flash defeated the legion of supervillains between the cold open where some cars got flipped and the episode proper, which annoyed me even more

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free
https://youtu.be/lCEoQQXZGZI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Digging the new title screen logo

• Locked thread