Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

radintorov posted:

Yes unless you use the stealth kit: it's a pretty loud clunk followed by more thumping noises as the pilot goes for the battery.

Still most people do use the stealth kit since the alternatives are somewhat lacklustre.

If you have the stealth kit it doesn't show the alert but still plays all the noises?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?
With Low Profile the Titan you're jumping on doesn't hear you jumping on and the Rodeo warning pops up a few seconds later, but by the time they see it it's too late to really do anything other than get ready to turn around and punch the pilot.

Wazzit fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Aug 22, 2017

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

BitBasher posted:

If you have the stealth kit it doesn't show the alert but still plays all the noises?
No: stealth kit muffles sounds considerably, both jump pack and rodeoing.
I think that if the titan is perfectly stationary and there's nothing going on you might be able to sort-of make out a pilot rodeoing you, but in any normal situation you won't hear them until they are about to pull out the battery.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Wazzit posted:

New Amped Wall execution I'm assuming?

Oh how I have waited for this day.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Oh great a bunch more people using amped wall...

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Hey amped wall spitfire is fun and all that :getin:

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I'm gonna Build A-Walls to keep out the foreign hordes,

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

I use Amped Walls on Angel City and Crash Site because I'm a trash person.

http://i.imgur.com/dVDF8jH.gifv

Also, old gifs but on the topic of Rodeoing, here's some fun things to do if you're being rodeo'd!

http://i.imgur.com/fNARttU.gifv

http://i.imgur.com/MACmRHR.gifv

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Wazzit posted:

Also, old gifs but on the topic of Rodeoing, here's some fun things to do if you're being rodeo'd!
http://i.imgur.com/MACmRHR.gifv

Holy poo poo this one killed me :laffo:

I know what I'm trying to do next time.

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

Guillermus posted:

Holy poo poo this one killed me :laffo:

I know what I'm trying to do next time.
The new Rodeo mechanics are "good" like that. :v:

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Never played TF1 more than 2 hours on the 360 so I can't tell but I'm fine with what we got right now. Sometimes I fake a rodeo so the titan's pilot just freaks out and I keep shooting with the anti titan weapon or do something else.

I don't usually go for the rodeo unless I see the titan is REALLY distracted with a lot of poo poo, some people sit away enough from the TV so they have tunnel vision. I play next to my PC on a 22" screen and except for the controller I'm at PC awareness so when I'm getting rodeo'ed, I pop smoke and wait for the pilot to jump and get the kill a lot of times. Monarch's maelstrom is awesome since it deals a lot of damage and even popping it early means that I get a kill more often.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

They should just keep making GBS threads out maps for frontier defense

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

vyst posted:

Yes.
Anything to further distance me from wargames possibly showing it's face is welcome

Exposure
Apr 4, 2014

vyst posted:

They are. Scrolling down the comments, Angel City and Eden at least have already started being worked on.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Ohhh angel city would be fun

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
They added a foregrip to the R-101 and no one uses it, either in third or first person, which pisses me off way more than it should

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm never going to stop using this revolver with the ricochet bullets...I'm so bad at this game after not playing for months but now all I do Is go for stupid around the corner trickshots

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

The one time I had a pilot do this when I was stood there I remembered this gif and made use of this fuckery. The pilot desperately hitting the double jump trying to scramble back to terra firma made me laugh so hard. I can imagine the killcam of that felt awful.

So thank you.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
For weapons I was using Devotion for a long time, but it takes a little while to spin up and you're vulnerable.

Now I use LSTAR all day erry day. It's a blast watching them explode into meaty chunks.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Just a tiny bit related to this thread but Noclip back in may released another interview with Hugo Martin and Marty Stratton (Doom 2016) and they pointed that TF2 is their favourite mp game (and they love Bloodborne):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWtcEJvHiTc

I like the fact that Hugo Martin worked on Pacific Rim with the design of the Jaegers and that might drive him to like TF2 too.

Skyscraper
Oct 1, 2004

Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

I'm hoping the new update brings new warpaints for guns I actually use.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

New FNN Update with new trailer for next week's DLC "Postcards from the Frontier"

http://www.respawn.com/frontier-news-network-08-22-2017-postcards-from-the-frontier

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbdQPdaPme4

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

Bummed that the only new map is for Live Fire.

Oh well, new F_D maps! :dance:

So what's left? Corporate, Colony, Glitch and Relic?

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Definitely looks like the last, or next-to-last legitimate update.

Or who knows, maybe they'll continue long enough to commemorate the 1-year anniversary. :shrug:

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong
I get wanting to move on, but how can you when you talk about numbers and users being at an all time high?

Severedseven
Jun 6, 2007

Heavy and light

radintorov posted:

Yes unless you use the stealth kit: it's a pretty loud clunk followed by more thumping noises as the pilot goes for the battery.

Still most people do use the stealth kit since the alternatives are somewhat lacklustre.

I may just be remembering wrong or maybe I just have my headphone volume cranked up, but to me the grapple connection sound and the zipline sound that the pilot makes always seem pretty clear to me. I can't find anything definitively confirming or denying it with a simple google search though.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

I skimmed past the banner section and didn't realize they were adding these these fan made Restaurant backgrounds from a few months back as banners. That's pretty cool.

Ion banner is probably my least favorite but I'll still rock it.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

xxEightxx posted:

I get wanting to move on, but how can you when you talk about numbers and users being at an all time high?

Where's the money at though? Are people buying enough cosmetics to keep it afloat?

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT
More FD maps but I bet I'll still play WarGames five times in a row!

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Wazzit posted:

I skimmed past the banner section and didn't realize they were adding these these fan made Restaurant backgrounds from a few months back as banners. That's pretty cool.

Ion should be Laser Tag

xxEightxx posted:

So they can use that base that they've taken pains to build up and sell them all a 3rd game!

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

So they can use that base that they've taken pains to build up and sell them all a 3rd game!

Maybe THIS time they will not do something crazy like make it XBONE exclusive or release between the two most highly anticipated shooters of the year.

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Salad Prong

frakeaing HAMSTER DANCE posted:

Where's the money at though? Are people buying enough cosmetics to keep it afloat?

Man I think I'm the whale because I've bought everything they throw at me because this game is a rare breed of an actual Good Game in a sea of hype and disappointment.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

xxEightxx posted:

Man I think I'm the whale because I've bought everything they throw at me because this game is a rare breed of an actual Good Game in a sea of hype and disappointment.

I bought the big Angel City pack but yeah nothing else so far. I love their model of giving all the maps and content away for free but it really seems hard to monetize that way

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Wazzit posted:

Are you kidding he has a party hat

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

frakeaing HAMSTER DANCE posted:

I might buy that sick looking R-101 skin in that trailer if its like 99 cents.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

In Training posted:

I might buy that sick looking R-101 skin in that trailer if its like 99 cents.

They're $5 a pop, unfortunately.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Hulk Krogan posted:

Good God

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Salad Prong

Hulk Krogan posted:

It's like a cheeseburger for a pack of skins, right?

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

Severedseven posted:

I may just be remembering wrong or maybe I just have my headphone volume cranked up, but to me the grapple connection sound and the zipline sound that the pilot makes always seem pretty clear to me. I can't find anything definitively confirming or denying it with a simple google search though.
I was replying to this bit specifically

BitBasher posted:

If you jump on and don't grapple is there still a sound?

radintorov fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Aug 22, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte

xxEightxx posted:

It's like a cheeseburger for a pack of skins, right?

Nonono that's $5 per weapon skin singular.
I want the Mozambique one.