Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
Still waiting for my manowar theme list

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Softface
Feb 16, 2011

Some things can't be unseen

chutche2 posted:

Let me take a crack at it:
"-For every 20 points of Man-o-War units and solos, you can include a free medium-based Man-o-War solo or command attachment
-You can extend your deployment zone by 2 inches
-1 unit of Man-o-Wars can get Ambush"

(please let me ambush with MoW Bombardiers or Democorps)

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Dawnguard theme force that makes Sents cheaper and have AD please.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

chutche2 posted:

Just play Sign of the Hammer at full volume

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Our little local con has grown into a big national thing: http://michigangt.com/events/warmachinehordes-events/ If you live near the Midwest, or don't mind a bit of traveling, you can get into some serious competition as well as casual fun at our GT. It's located in Lansing, Michigan, so it's easy to get to and a reasonable drive from most Midwestern states. Hell, we have people come from New York every year too. This year it's being held October 6th-8th.

We've got three days of WMH events, and you all should come! The main event (in my biased opinion) is the Michigan Cup, a WTC style team event. Saturday we have a WMW qualifier. There's also a Spelldraft and 50pt SR on Friday night.

It's seriously a super fun con- the Cup is the most popular and long-running WMH event in the state. The other events are fun as well. The GT started as a 40k focused con, and that's definitely the main draw. But last year, WMH was just behind them in overall players. There's many other games as well- Infinity, Bolt Action, X-Wing, etc.

Hope to see some of you there!

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Softface posted:

"-For every 20 points of Man-o-War units and solos, you can include a free medium-based Man-o-War solo or command attachment

Man, if ret gets their friggin dragoon for free we should be getting drakhuns for free

head58
Apr 1, 2013

Softface posted:

Will Pagani seems to be at half mast about Bombardiers under the theme. I guess ambush would help them out but I was thinking a more specific buff for them - knockdown or high explosive on their guns or something?

My dream would be that demo corps get weapon master back too.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
If demo corps got vengeance that'd be boss too

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Fyrbrand posted:

Our little local con has grown into a big national thing: http://michigangt.com/events/warmachinehordes-events/ If you live near the Midwest, or don't mind a bit of traveling, you can get into some serious competition as well as casual fun at our GT. It's located in Lansing, Michigan, so it's easy to get to and a reasonable drive from most Midwestern states. Hell, we have people come from New York every year too. This year it's being held October 6th-8th.

We've got three days of WMH events, and you all should come! The main event (in my biased opinion) is the Michigan Cup, a WTC style team event. Saturday we have a WMW qualifier. There's also a Spelldraft and 50pt SR on Friday night.

It's seriously a super fun con- the Cup is the most popular and long-running WMH event in the state. The other events are fun as well. The GT started as a 40k focused con, and that's definitely the main draw. But last year, WMH was just behind them in overall players. There's many other games as well- Infinity, Bolt Action, X-Wing, etc.

Hope to see some of you there!

Just wondering, where's your main local store? I actually live in the Lansing area and have been trying to get in more games (I've only had a handful since starting :( ).

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I feel like all the man-o-war models should have Carapace and they should ditch shield wall on shocktroopers (maybe make them arm 16 with shields, or just leave the base arm 17)

Bombardiers obviously need to have Murderous

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer

alansmithee posted:

Just wondering, where's your main local store? I actually live in the Lansing area and have been trying to get in more games (I've only had a handful since starting :( ).

I mostly place at BC Comix in Fenton. Gamers Sanctuary in Flint is much closer to me, and has better tables and terrain, but it hasn't been a good experience there lately. I know there's one or two stores in Lansing where WMH players go. Evo Games is one.

Drop me a line if you ever want to head over this way- would be happy to walk you through some games.

You might also consider joining the MI Warmachine and Hordes group on Facebook, if you do the social media thing. That's our main communication method in the community.

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.

Iron Crowned posted:

Just play Sign of the Hammer at full volume

Tch. Born of black wind, fire, and steel, dude. If that's not the theme's name, I'll be writing a strongly worded letter at PP. :argh:

Softface
Feb 16, 2011

Some things can't be unseen

head58 posted:

Will Pagani seems to be at half mast about Bombardiers under the theme. I guess ambush would help them out but I was thinking a more specific buff for them - knockdown or high explosive on their guns or something?

My dream would be that demo corps get weapon master back too.

I was just thinking about them with high explosive the other day and it would probably be the sickest thing for clearing infantry out. I'm really looking forward to how the MoW theme will actually look, and if we do get the drakhuns for free I may squeal with joy.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
No way we're getting free drakhuns but I'll look forward to a free kovnik and shock trooper UA.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

I wouldn't be surprised to see a MoW theme grant Advanced Move for units.

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

yeah i doubt the theme will bump their offensive capabilities. demos and bombs still have room for UAs

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
Anyway, I'm looking at downsizing my collection. I'm selling off my remaining Convergence (mainly a prime axiom), Protectorate, and what's left of my Rhul, as well as about half of my Skorne. Going to make an SA mart thread once I've got it all categorized if anyone's interested.

chutche2 fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Aug 22, 2017

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

albany academy posted:

yeah i doubt the theme will bump their offensive capabilities. demos and bombs still have room for UAs

I expect to see the cid overhauling them more or less as a whole. MOWs (and medium infantry in general) have been pretty sad throughout mk3 and could use some love. Realistically, I could see bombardiers getting a range buff (and maybe a bonus for being at half range such as that ret minifeat). Demo corps could use a charge distance bonus, and shocks could use turning shield wall into something that lets them move more freely without needing support pieces and warcaster babysitting. (maybe just plain old shields)

I'm also curious as to how they plan to make the MOW battle engine compete with the Gun Carriage. MOW engine only has a single gun and it's going to need to perform equally or better than a pair of POW 16s, which is going to be tough!

For_Great_Justice
Apr 21, 2010

JUST CAN'T SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT HOW MUCH I HATE GAMES WORKSHOP!
I'm glad to hear bork1 an the Hooch Hauler are so good. B1 is probably my favorite troll caster. I ran family reunion when I could as much as I could.

lokipunk
Jan 16, 2007
The mow theme is the only thing theyve said they will be doing to make Denny2 playable.

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad
I play Rhulic and Cephalyx, I basically have everything for them. What are considered to be like, tournament level lists with these armies? Cheers!

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

!Klams posted:

I play Rhulic and Cephalyx, I basically have everything for them. What are considered to be like, tournament level lists with these armies? Cheers!

I think it's Ossrum Hammer Strike and Durgen themeless, both lists run Siege Crawlers. Gorten and High Shields are both in the trash bin.

Fortunately for you, I think cephalyx theme runs double dominated Horgenhold Artillery

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
https://www.bartertown.com/trading/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=299773&p=534972

So I decided to update my bartertown listing with my current stuff for sale because SA mart rules would require me to take photos of all this poo poo in advance and I don't have time for that

But so it's some convergence and a few minions models and secret weapons minis bases, with a whole lot of protectorate and skorne.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Why are you selling your skorne stuff when I have no budget to buy mandolls.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

waah posted:

Why are you selling your skorne stuff when I have no budget to buy mandolls.

Sorry friend.

I'll probably wait until October before I start listing stuff on ebay, I'd rather sell it elsewhere first. I play 8 different miniature games and something's got to go when I move at the end of the year. My skorne and protectorate aren't painted so they're getting the axe.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

chutche2 posted:

Sorry friend.

I'll probably wait until October before I start listing stuff on ebay, I'd rather sell it elsewhere first. I play 8 different miniature games and something's got to go when I move at the end of the year. My skorne and protectorate aren't painted so they're getting the axe.

I will hit you up late September then to see what you have left.

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I should probably actually try this guy at some point.

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
night action madness nightmares
maybe i am scum

Cpig Haiku contest 2020 winner
I saw a handy steamroller quickref card with circles to fill in for objective health and turn by turn score, but I lost the link. Anyone know what I mean and have it?

lokipunk
Jan 16, 2007
Haley2 feat changed to d3+5 enemy models. Teach me to buy into a faction.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
http://privateerpress.com/community/privateer-insider/insider-08-24-2017

God help us.

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Everything in the article seems reasonable and good, so naturally Cygnar players are probably losing their loving minds.

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

My poor, poor Hunters :qq:

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Lmao they could have at least added the "you choose the order they activate" in thing back to the feat.

I'm certain she'll still be playable, but it's a little disheartening to see PP going after the cool and fun parts of the game over and over.

Edit: wait it's models instead of models/unit? What a piece of poo poo lol.

fadam fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Aug 24, 2017

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
Being denied most of a turn unless you have abilities or models that can do stuff out of activation isn't what I would call 'fun'.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

fadam posted:

Lmao they could have at least added the "you choose the order they activate" in thing back to the feat.

I'm certain she'll still be play le, but it's a little disheartening to see PP going after the cool and fun parts of the game over and over.

are you loving kidding me lmao

lokipunk
Jan 16, 2007
I hate that I just bought h2 and a bunch of stormlances. As a Cryx main I'm pretty excited.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

S.J. posted:

are you loving kidding me lmao

ahahahahaha

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Excelsiortothemax posted:

Being denied most of a turn unless you have abilities or models that can do stuff out of activation isn't what I would call 'fun'.

It is for half the people playing.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

fadam posted:

Edit: wait it's models instead of models/unit? What a piece of poo poo lol.

It's been that way for quite a while

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

S.J. posted:

It's been that way for quite a while

Yeah, but it's also been unlimited.