Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

The Management posted:

we are living in the worst possible future

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZLAt3zwEpQ

thank goodness for sliders

peace out i'm gonna kill hitler and the Goa'uld

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

syscall girl posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZLAt3zwEpQ

thank goodness for sliders

peace out i'm gonna kill hitler and the Goa'uld

that is a fat anthony anderson

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

The Management posted:

headphone jacks are dead. deal with it.

lol no

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

it's true. by the end of next year there won't be a single high end phone on the market with a headphone jack. poverty tier products will still have them for years like lovely laptops had vga ports

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

The Management posted:

it's true. by the end of next year there won't be a single high end phone on the market with a headphone jack. poverty tier products will still have them for years like lovely laptops had vga ports

there already isnt a single high end phone with a headphone jack

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
a titanium phone would be pretty cool actually. make it happen tim

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Silver Alicorn posted:

a titanium phone would be pretty cool actually. make it happen tim

legit want carbon fiber

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Dislike button posted:

there already isnt a single high end phone with a headphone jack

the iPhone se is the best phone in the world and it includes a headphone jack

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

hell yeah

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

the stebe edition is good

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

same, but the iphone 6s.

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

akadajet posted:

same, but the iphone 6s.

the se is the 6s but in a non-phablet form factor

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

fart simpson posted:

the stebe edition is good

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

Mister Facetious posted:

legit want carbon fiber

imageine if iPhone made phones out of luxury materials like hardwood, marble, ivory

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

Silver Alicorn posted:

imageine if iPhone made phones out of luxury materials like hardwood, marble, ivory

they would be amazingly cool and good

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
want my regularly water exposed phone to swell up just like my bathroom tabletop hell yeah

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

want my regularly water exposed phone to swell up just like my bathroom tabletop hell yeah

want to cut sausage on my phone like on my countertop

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Silver Alicorn posted:

lol yeah because vertu is doing awesome

quote:

In its most recent financial report in 2014, the company made a loss of £53 million on sales of £110 million.

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
not even russian oligarchs buy vertu anymore lmao

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

qirex posted:

lol yeah because vertu is doing awesome

Have you considered not getting a Nokia?

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Schadenboner posted:

Have you considered not getting a Nokia?

nokia was smart enough to sell vertu to some investment morons and make some coin before it was too late

also nokia is cool & good, they just got microshafted

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Silver Alicorn posted:

https://techcrunch.com/2012/11/25/sandbenders/

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Asymmetric POSTer posted:

nokia was smart enough to sell vertu to some investment morons and make some coin before it was too late

also nokia is cool & good, they just got microshafted

microsoft bought the company, destroyed it, and laid everyone off. lol

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Dislike button posted:

yeah, but at least they didn't piss their pants to stay warm!

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Dislike button posted:

to be fair nokia didn't really have a plan to stay relevant with or without microsoft

but microsoft definitely made things a lot worse, shoulda just made anroid phones i guess :newlol:

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

they actually understood good design and they had that here map poo poo and stuff, they probably could have cobbled together their own ~*nokia ecosystem*~ on top of anroid ala amazon fire phone/amazon app store but less terrible

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
android, but without all those pesky apps!

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
here maps is so good it really didn’t deserve the slow windows mobile death microsoft made it suffer

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

infernal machines posted:

android, but without all those pesky apps!

android, but 60fps

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Dislike button posted:

first Microsoft sent a Trojan horse into Nokia to become the CEO, wipe out their Linux projects (which were admittedly bad) and then sell the company to them at a discounted price.

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

The Management posted:

first Microsoft sent a Trojan horse into Nokia to become the CEO, wipe out their Linux projects (which were admittedly bad) and then sell the company to them at a discounted price.

its really a stunning chain of events

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

here maps is so good it really didn’t deserve the slow windows mobile death microsoft made it suffer

It's good but fwiw I think bmw owns it now

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

google launched a new version of android today, oreo.

by "launched" i of course mean, it's technically available if you want to janitor your phone by installing it via a computer and it's one the phones no one actually buys, which aren't even getting it ota yet. otherwise, it's not actually out.

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Endless Mike posted:

google launched a new version of android today, oreo.

by "launched" i of course mean, it's technically available if you want to janitor your phone by installing it via a computer and it's one the phones no one actually buys, which aren't even getting it ota yet. otherwise, it's not actually out.

sounds like it should be 'launched' into the trash can with the rest of the androids, where it belongs

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Dislike button posted:

sounds like it should be 'launched' into the trash can with the rest of the androids, where it belongs

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe

Dislike button posted:

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

Dislike button posted:

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

Dislike button posted:

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Dislike button posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

A Bad King posted:

I will never not buy a Pixel or Apple device again.

This Saturday, I bought a LG G6 at $500 thinking that it was the sweet spot in price for a flagship that felt like something out of the iPhone 4/4S build quality camp. I return home to a consistent band of condensation internal to the display. It lingered along a very distinct splotch of grime that was left from the manufacturing process, so I did what anyone would do and went back to the store to replace it.

The new LG G6 is just...weird. Built one month before the previous device with the grime issue, it started feeling immediately and unusually hot. Then it started heating to 68-70C in my pocket. Turned it off and reported it to LG, and I'm waiting for a response. Also, check out the weird build standards in the image below:

The G6 at top was the original that I purchased on Saturday of the prior weekend. Look how its topmost chamfer running along the screen differs from the replacement unit on the bottom? I kept telling the T-Mobile rep that something was odd about the replacement...These two units were built only a month apart. One was built with dirty hands, and one overheats to dangerous temperatures.

LG is bad.