Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

terror

flaps

bithc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

NoNostalgia4Grover posted:

Destiny players, is the Traveler Durandal from the Marathon games?

This would be the only thing that made me play Destiny. Marathon was such an amazing series with such in depth and fascinating writing. Leela Tycho and Durandal were all great.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Destiny barely had any writing or story at all from what I could tell. I looked at a couple of the cards on the website but it seemed like kind of an insane way to figure out the story to a game. Is there actually a "rich, deep lore" to it?

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

TheGreasyStrangler posted:

Destiny barely had any writing or story at all from what I could tell. I looked at a couple of the cards on the website but it seemed like kind of an insane way to figure out the story to a game. Is there actually a "rich, deep lore" to it?

Destiny has a hell of a lot of lore and background, but Bungie picked a poo poo way to disseminate it. You had no way to read the lore ingame, and had to use the Destiny app to look at the cards you collected.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

I swore off Destiny 2 at least initially for the first year but I'll probably just get it when it drops like everyone else :sigh:

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

We're all consumer whores :sigh:

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I don't think you could replicate marathon again. The way the internet is and how gamers digest game stories it would have to be doing some new next-level poo poo.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
The footage I saw of Destiny 2 looked great except for the bullet sponge enemies and balance being based primarily around PvP so PvE folks like me get hosed. It was that poo poo that drove me out of The Division :argh:

also lmao shotgun ammo is in the same pool with rocket launchers and poo poo now apparently

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

Marathon chat: This is what you need to play Marathon games on modern systems.
https://alephone.lhowon.org/

AlephOne is the opensourced Marathon 2 game engine that runs on modern hardware. Oh yeah, Multiplayer support is baked into AlephOne too.
Bungie released all 3 Marathon games(Marathon 1, Marathon 2, Marathon Infinity) for free distribution online back in 2005.

Marathon 1: runs ok so far with AlephOne. Mouselook is funky, mouselook was always funky in marathon games though.
Windowed mode works best if your system has extreme display resolution/scaling settings.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
THEY'RE loving MAKING AGE OF EMPIRES 4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYwZ6GZXWhA

I'M KIND OF LOSING MY poo poo

E: now that I'm no longer losing my poo poo quite so much, AoE2 was the first computer game that I really got into and which clued me into just how great they could be. I liked AoE3, I know some people didn't, but the series didn't deserve to die. I'm so happy they're bringing it back!

Redeye Flight fucked around with this message at 08:30 on Aug 22, 2017

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

i'm down

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
I still play AOE2.

3 was fun, but didn't hold my attention well.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Aoe2 holds up really well, 3 not so much.

Would kill for a proper Rise of Nations sequel though.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I loved RoN

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
very bad shooter brink is now f2p

why no one knows

http://store.steampowered.com/app/22350/BRINK/

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
rear end Creeds have never been the same since the Ezio games, but gently caress man, they always make a bitchin cinematic : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGq7ZCth7QY

Hopefully going back to ancient times makes poo poo interesting again, but I won't get my hopes up.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
The Ezio games were by far the best. GTA: blackbeard was the best part of the others, but I did like Syndicate.

There were some very ordinary games in the series though.

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

Red Faction: Guerilla is the best Assasins Creed game.
The effete assasination gauntlets were replaced by a sledgehammer & everything is set on Mars now.
Plus NANOMACHINES + dead NPCs from the Saints Row series.

Red Faction 1 was a solid Half-Life ripoff saved by the destructible terrain feature.
Red Faction 2 was horrible and looked like a shittier Nintendo64 GoldenEye
Red Faction Armageddon is, I have no idea honestly.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Red Faction 1 is one of my favorite FPS games ever.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

not caring here posted:

The Ezio games were by far the best. GTA: blackbeard was the best part of the others, but I did like Syndicate.

There were some very ordinary games in the series though.

Syndicate owned as you could slice chumps up with a kukri.

Also Egypt Creed looks really interesting, the devs have gone on a bunch about how they've taken inspiration from the Witcher series in big open world design and such

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
hopefully theyve made good use of the extra year of dev time

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
I did not know that about the Witcher influence. That's a big plus for me because I have put an embarrassing amount of hours into witcher 3 before I finally uninstalled it.

Also I played through the main quest like 4 times and got a different ending all 4 times. It seemed i lucked upon the best ending last run through.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

NUKES CURE NORKS posted:

yes it owned. even online was a blast if could find a server that didnt have some dude running around with a fully automatic nuke launcher

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

Careful now.
Red Faction 1 was fun to play, however the single player story had more than a few annoying things in it.
It stripped away your weapons & armor twice to be like Half Life 1, there was a annoying disguise yourself level, vehicle levels didn't have the geo-morph damage enabled (wtf), and the final thing in the game was a timed puzzle to solve or else game over/gently caress you.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

NUKES CURE NORKS posted:

Hell yeah. I got pretty good at the multiplayer before it was invaded by hackers.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

NUKES CURE NORKS posted:

First game I played on console with free look.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I kind of want to start a revival of Natural Selection 2 but I am pretty sure the wraiths of the leet players that lurk would strangle anyone wanting to learn how to play it in a public server.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
when you can count the amount of higher tier players on just a human amount of limbs you could've strangled your internet community.

holy poo poo this thread has more views than all threads in their forum

Grognan fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Aug 23, 2017

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
shadow warrior 2013 owns and is free until 10 am pst today

:waycool:

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different
oh my god

I think that picture just might be peak Germany

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
How does that image make you feel, Jerry?

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Was out grabbing some lunch yesterday when I got the alert that Gamestop was taking preorders for the SNES Classic. Walked in and got a preorder in five minutes later. Glad I got that over with in a relatively painless fashion.

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

No Chrono Trigger, no buy.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

ive been looking at ebay for a sony bvm monitor

working on crt scares the poo poo outta me but i think its time i start learning

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I'm really excited for new basketball and racing games next month you guys.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

im excited for anime golf

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

Apparently there now exists a bleak as hell cyberpunk RPG voiced by Rutger loving Hauer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3xSyjKA4iQ

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
yeesh :stare:

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Every step, a fucking adventure.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNRfWkbHi9s

Far cry 5 looking pretty good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Do the first three Uncharted games hold up well? I hear the second one is one of the best games of last gen consoles and I just finished the 4th one and thought it was pretty good.

Naughty Dog is a really good studio.