Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

violentlycitrus posted:

got some wallets from philkop, i highly recommend you all go buy some wallets

I highly recommend the soft shell wallets from this place. Plain ones look like crumpled paper after a few days, but the soft shell ones hold up well. For someone like me that wants a minimalist wallet it's good stuff.

https://www.slimfoldwallet.com/products/thin-wallet-micro-soft-shell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

colas
Feb 14, 2007

$45 holy poo poo

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

spookygonk posted:

Bought a box of these:

Insects are the future of food (apparently).

Just like I'm OK with eating a cow if it doesn't look like a cow, I'm OK with eating a hundred maggots if they don't look like a hundred maggots :shrug:

Did it taste good?

e: I bet it would be better and healthier if they added a shitload of gluten :mmmhmm:

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

colas posted:

$45 holy poo poo

That's cheap for a quality good that will last years...

Unless you're a true goon using a nylon velcro wallet from walmart attached to you Jncos with a chain.

I bought a poo poo load of boardgames at Gencon and played them with goons. Recommend, will do again.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
Jerry, if a cow could, they'd eat you and everyone you ever cared about.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

colas posted:

$45 holy poo poo

Well it's most slim when you don't have any money left to put in it.

I bought a 35' flat white hdmi cable to run around the room instead of having a thick black 20' one going straight across the room from my entertainment center to my computer desk.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Aramek posted:

Jerry, if a cow could, they'd eat you and everyone you ever cared about.

Yes? So would a birch.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
Jerry, that's a tree. It doesn't even have a face!

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Aramek posted:

Jerry, that's a tree. It doesn't even have a face!

If a tree had a face it would eat me. I'm delicious.

Dogbrisket
Jun 10, 2009

Supradog posted:

Pizza with banana, pineapple, peanuts, chicken and curry spices.

Pretty tasty, a little sweet, but a good combination.

This looks inedible.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

"I'm made up of the memories of my parents and my grandparents, all my ancestors. They're in the way I look, in the colour of my hair. And I'm made up of everyone I've ever met who's changed the way I think"
Bought a second-hand freshwater aquarium for 300€. A running one with plants and fish (which I didn't really want, as they are real big and will eat all the other ones I was planning to put there, but well. It's their home and they can't just go down the drain, poor things). 1.5 metres long, 300 litres with a home-made T5 hood, giant-rear end filter, UV lamp, a heater that looks like a fire hazard and a CO2 store-bought system complete with an almost-full bottle. And a table I didn't need, but hey. Free table. Someone will use it.

Then the guy decided to throw in everything else he had, at no additional cost. Ended up with a handheld pump and a lot of tubing for water changes, an areation system, two timed food dispensers, a shitton of breeding boxes (I mean it, there's at least 15 in there), liquid hardness tests, liquid pH tests, strip tests for everything, a liquid pH full-time monitor system for inside the tank, more switch plugs and timed plugs than I will need for a lifetime, water priming chemicals, liquid fertilizers, a crystal scraper, a long pincer thingy for planting, some brushes for tube cleaning, at least three different-sized nets, a lot of booklets and instruction manuals, and who knows what else is still lurking inside the bags. Half of the things are still in their original packaging and/or unused.

It looked like the guy's wife convinced him to sell it. I can't really imagine why.

Lipumira
May 6, 2007

FIRE!

Bottom Liner posted:

That's cheap for a quality good that will last years...

Unless you're a true goon using a nylon velcro wallet from walmart attached to you Jncos with a chain.

I bought a poo poo load of boardgames at Gencon and played them with goons. Recommend, will do again.

Is... is that SPACE CLANK!

Holy poo poo. Going to have to look for them at PAX.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Lipumira posted:

Is... is that SPACE CLANK!

Holy poo poo. Going to have to look for them at PAX.

Yup, I like it a lot more than the first version. Feels like a 1.5 more than a reskin.

violentlycitrus
Aug 3, 2004

whelp you either like them or you dont

Lipumira
May 6, 2007

FIRE!

Bottom Liner posted:

Yup, I like it a lot more than the first version. Feels like a 1.5 more than a reskin.

Awesome. Let the stalking begin!

Kosh Naranek
Mar 8, 2008

Understanding is a three edged sword. Your side, their side, and a pair of ruby slippers.
This is the only wallet you need

Seriously the best card holder I've ever had, and even if you come from a uncivilized country that still relies on cash and checks (seriously it's 2017), this card holder has room for a few wads of (paper) cash as well. http://exentri.com/en/

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

I don't understand how people can walk around with only like 3 cards. I have at least 6 that I want on me at all times, more like 10 if I want to be prepared for all eventualities.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

gschmidl posted:

I don't understand how people can walk around with only like 3 cards. I have at least 6 that I want on me at all times, more like 10 if I want to be prepared for all eventualities.

I literally could not get through a normal work-day if I didn't carry at least three. As in, I couldn't even physically enter my workplace. That still leaves my employee ID, general ID (driver's license), and my health insurance cards, which are nice to have with me just in case.

Kosh Naranek
Mar 8, 2008

Understanding is a three edged sword. Your side, their side, and a pair of ruby slippers.

gschmidl posted:

Good thing that card holder has 6 card rooms then, and it is possible to fit more than one in a few of them before it becomes not usable.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

gschmidl posted:

Debit, Credit, Driving Licence.

What else do people need?

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Jeza posted:

Debit, Credit, Driving Licence.

What else do people need?

Auto and health insurance cards?

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

Mister Kingdom posted:

Auto and health insurance cards?

Oh yeah, USA. Those aren't things in the UK. These days I literally carry one or two cards in my pocket. Gave up a wallet years ago.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

In Canada we still have health insurance cards because we have record keeping.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Credit, debit, health, driver's, transit, NEXUS

Fits fine in my slim wallet, along with cash in the somewhat yonic inner pocket. https://forrestandharold.com/products/tyni-wallet?variant=11243040389

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Kosh Naranek posted:

Seriously the best card holder I've ever had, and even if you come from a uncivilized country that still relies on cash and checks (seriously it's 2017), this card holder has room for a few wads of (paper) cash as well. http://exentri.com/en/
Spoke like someone who clearly isn't upper class. :smug:

Seriously though, people in their 20s becoming independent boast about abandoning traditional wallets for card holders and how cash is garbage, except actual upper class people carry shitloads of cash with them to tip the doorman/driver/waiter and split a bill when they go out for drinks/dinner with friends.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Not just USA. In addition to those, there's also an id card here, plus a car registration type of thing. Then there's a card for special meal/entertainment vouchers from my employer (works just like a regular card but only for food/some entertainment services), and maybe a company credit card.

E: plus fat stacks of cash, of course.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

colas posted:

$45 holy poo poo

I got mine on sale, and kept my last wallet for about 15 years. I don't find this extravagant.

SEKCobra
Feb 28, 2011

Hi
:saddowns: Don't look at my site :saddowns:
I want a wallet that takes normal cash but at the same time stores all my ID cards and I like it to have a few windows for all the official ones. So far each one I had has come apart somewhere fairly quickly :(

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Josh Lyman posted:

Seriously though, people in their 20s becoming independent boast about abandoning traditional wallets for card holders and how cash is garbage, except actual upper class people carry shitloads of cash with them to tip the doorman/driver/waiter and split a bill when they go out for drinks/dinner with friends.

You don't split bills if you're upper class. You take turns picking them up because you don't care about the economics of a meal short of four figures, so it doesn't matter if they equal out. I have (unusually) 10 notes in my tiny wallet right now and it's still tiny.

I am not, however, in my twenties.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

Josh Lyman posted:

Hahahaha what a dumb post. Rich people don't split dinner bills or especially a bar tab, and you can tip a waiter with a credit card. Stop posing

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Jeza posted:

Oh yeah, USA. Those aren't things in the UK. These days I literally carry one or two cards in my pocket. Gave up a wallet years ago.

Two bank cards and 37 loyalty cards.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Why do people carry auto insurance cards? I always left mine in the glove of my car. I took a picture to keep on my phone in case I got a pop quiz about my policy number or something. (In California you can actually do digital presentment of insurance information to police.)

If I felt the need to keep something physical with me I'd just print or photocopy and keep a thin piece of paper.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

spog posted:

Two bank cards and 37 loyalty cards.

Yeah, this is how I moved away from a chunky wallet. I've got a small one from Ted Baker and it holds debit/credit/license one side, 3-4 loyalty cards other side. Job done.

incogneato
Jun 4, 2007

Zoom! Swish! Bang!
Yeah, I downsized my wallet to a card holder sleeve thing a couple years ago, and I've been very happy with it. To make it relevant to the thread title, I use this:

Bellroy Leather Card Sleeve Wallet Blue Steel https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00E1R8X7A/

ID, a credit card, debit card (only for ATMs), a few bills ($40-60), insurance cards, and punch card for coffee near my work. I used to carry two credit cards "just in case" but never touched the backup one.

Also lol at the guy who said only poor 20-somethings slim their wallets and fancy rich folk carry wads of cash.

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

Jerry Cotton posted:

Just like I'm OK with eating a cow if it doesn't look like a cow, I'm OK with eating a hundred maggots if they don't look like a hundred maggots :shrug:

Did it taste good?

e: I bet it would be better and healthier if they added a shitload of gluten :mmmhmm:

Nothing in the taste or texture that made me think, there's insects in this. Tasted like a cranberry, orange and nut health bar.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Does ExOfficio make a good wallet?

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
I prefer MeFundies

Kritzkrieg Kop
Nov 4, 2009
Lol if you carry a wallet instead of just taking self defense class

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I don’t need a wallet since I spent all my money on underwear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teach
Mar 28, 2008

Pillbug
Someone mugged me for my underwear, so I bought a knife and now I don't have anywhere to hide it. :(