Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!
I wasn't expecting to land one of these, so I'm pleasantly surprised. The classic line really scratches that "desperately search high and low and maybe even line up in the freezing cold" itch now that preorders for modern systems and things are almost always easy to get if you do it within a few hours on the day they go up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunchboxx
Jun 19, 2004

His name is Head. Dick Head.
I got in on the BestBuy pre order and it would not let me put in more than one. When I put two in the drop down box it said that there was a one per person limit or something.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

Lunchboxx posted:

I got in on the BestBuy pre order and it would not let me put in more than one. When I put two in the drop down box it said that there was a one per person limit or something.

One per order is what it looks like.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

PneumonicBook posted:

Good.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

PneumonicBook posted:

The Amazon ones apparently had no limit

Rufio
Feb 6, 2003

I'm smart! Not like everybody says... like dumb... I'm smart and I want respect!
I went to sleep 10min before I got the email. Rip me

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
We can expect GS, WM, TRU and Target to go up within the next day or two so that's good.

Amazon trolling the world by going up at 130 in the morning is insanely hosed up.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

It makes sense for Amazon to let people order with no limits. Where are a lot of resellers going to do business at jacked up prices? Amazon, and they'll get a cut.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

I'm no expert but it seems like if both Amazon and Best Buy did pre-orders so close to each other then I would think that you can expect Target/Gamestop to follow suit really soon too.

Axetrain fucked around with this message at 14:26 on Aug 22, 2017

Aardvark Barber
Sep 7, 2007

Delivery in less than two minutes or your money back!

Yeah. Now that unboxings and preview videos are coming out, it looks like the marketing/pre-order push has started.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007
It would be super nice if I could get a preorder at a decent time EST. Or some kinda advanced warning. It really sucks.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
Interesting note, I didn't get the NowInStock alert like most people because, like most people, it was pointing to the old placeholder page that *wasn't* Nintendo Digital or whatever.

Well now, when I went to edit it, I find that the NiS link magically takes you to that one instead of the original link.

So hopefully you'll get updated now.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
GS should be putting pre-orders today. Possibly in store, too.

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:

univbee posted:

As an East coaster with an 8:30-4:30 job, gently caress all y'all :negative:

:same:

Solaris 2.0
May 14, 2008

Waltzing Along posted:

GS should be putting pre-orders today. Possibly in store, too.

That would be nice, but I'm hoping against hope Nintendo really ramped up production of SNES classic units to at least attempt to meet demand. If not, then, welp.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Solaris 2.0 posted:

That would be nice, but I'm hoping against hope Nintendo really ramped up production of SNES classic units to at least attempt to meet demand. If not, then, welp.

There's basically no way they increased it enough for the even more rabid demand of this one. On top of being a better package, the NES Classic showed waiting for normal supply won't work so people are responding accordingly.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
And there is still no VC on the Switch. A console that will sell in the tens of millions and be available for years.

Nintendo make good games but man are they bad at business.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

univbee posted:

There's basically no way they increased it enough for the even more rabid demand of this one. On top of being a better package, the NES Classic showed waiting for normal supply won't work so people are responding accordingly.

I dunno; a lot of the dads I talk to in my neighborhood were totally obsessed with getting an NES Classic and they don't care about the SNES one at all. I think the SNES is the greatest console of all time so I don't get it but there's my incredibly useless anecdote.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Please.....I need more of this

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

I have no nostalgia attachment to the US color scheme so I'll be perfectly happy with the EU version I preordered.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

C-SPAN Caller posted:

I have no nostalgia attachment to the US color scheme so I'll be perfectly happy with the EU version I preordered.

I just hope it won't be cancelled or won't be permitted to be shipped to the States at this point.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

I think the craze for snes classic is going to be crazier because people now know it's going to be discontinued at the end of the year.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
So zooalerts, is that literally just a webpage to keep open at all times? Because I don't see any kind of text/email alert situation on here.

Of note, how are people setting up the google group alerts to text them? I had seen that people had ways to get it to be an annoying as poo poo alert with rooted android, but I'm on an old as poo poo iPhone 4s that is not jailbroken. Not quite sure what voodoo magic people are doing with phones and the google groups to get it to text you.

I also joined the google group, but have received not 1 message from it.

Zooalerts is just open in a tab at work now at least. Hopefully I can jump on Target/Gamestop when they put it up ( Hopefully during a decent hour for people on the eastern coast -_- ).

E: Nevermind, found the text alerts on Zooalerts

Solaris 2.0
May 14, 2008

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

I dunno; a lot of the dads I talk to in my neighborhood were totally obsessed with getting an NES Classic and they don't care about the SNES one at all. I think the SNES is the greatest console of all time so I don't get it but there's my incredibly useless anecdote.

I think its just an anecedote. As the poster above me hinted at there are several things working against those who can't nab a pre-order:

1) Increased knowledge and hype. The NES classic came out of no-where and people wern't sure if they really wanted one or if they could "wait". It quickly became apparent that it was a limited run, and by the time the majority of us figured that out and decided "ok I want one" they were all gone and going for $150+ on Ebay. Hype for the SNES classic has been building since the spring, and I highly doubt Nintendo has learned from their mistakes with the NES classic production

2) Better games and better recognized games. Maybe its a generational thing, but the games list on the SNES classic is FAR superior to that of the NES classic. Many of the games listed are all-time greats that hold up today, and not just neat nostalgic throwbacks.

3) Two controllers! And they are official Nintendo reproductions of the SNES controllers! Maybe not a big deal for some but for me, it's huge.

4) No VC console on the Switch yet. I'm not sure how big of a factor this is, but it is a factor

5) And finally, Starfox 2. While I personally do not care for Starfox, it is neat and I am sure there are Nintendo fanboys who will claw over themselves for a chance to play a completed version.

Solaris 2.0 fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Aug 22, 2017

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
oh yeah man, all of those are points I agree with. I almost poo poo myself when the SNES classic was announced.

I just think for non-hardcore gamers a lot of people ended up with a Genesis and no SNES.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

I had a Mega Drive and no snezz and I'm still getting one of these

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
Old news, but I just noticed Pilotwings isn't on this. What the hell?

Solaris 2.0
May 14, 2008

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

I just think for non-hardcore gamers a lot of people ended up with a Genesis and no SNES.

This was me. The Genesis was my first console because I was 6 and I thought Sonic and blood-enabled Mortal Kombat were "cooler" than stupid Mario. :colbert:

Of course I was an idiot, and I look at the games list on the SNES classic and regret having never played them. It's the primary reason why, unlike the NES classic, I want one so bad. FFIV, Contra, Chrono Trigger, SM World AND Link to the Past on one machine? Yes please!

eiddetham
Sep 22, 2003

Tap bitch.
I usually hate when I have to get up at 4am to pee, but not this time!

And I saw the alert for Bestbuy, which I was asleep for and missed, but didn't get a now-in-stock alert for the amazon listing. I'm guessing that is due to them using that different listing.

I'm really glad I didn't turn off those wario 64 twitter alerts as they were getting annoying going off constantly during the night.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

I'm hoping Amazon will hold onto a large stock to put on their Treasure Truck. That's how I got my NES Classic at MSRP a few weeks ago.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

DizzyBum posted:

I'm hoping Amazon will hold onto a large stock to put on their Treasure Truck. That's how I got my NES Classic at MSRP a few weeks ago.

I hope so, too. But this time not in your area but in mine.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

Solaris 2.0 posted:

This was me. The Genesis was my first console because I was 6 and I thought Sonic and blood-enabled Mortal Kombat were "cooler" than stupid Mario. :colbert:

Of course I was an idiot, and I look at the games list on the SNES classic and regret having never played them. It's the primary reason why, unlike the NES classic, I want one so bad. FFIV, Contra, Chrono Trigger, SM World AND Link to the Past on one machine? Yes please!

Chrono Trigger isn't part of the package (though it sounds like it'll be fairly easy to put on there should you so desire)

Also it's FFVI, not FFIV

the good fax machine fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Aug 22, 2017

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Had nowinstock.net alerts set up.

Did not get alerted :(

Edit: gently caress I didn't get an alert because you have to refresh that poo poo every few weeks. Gdi

MarcusSA fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Aug 22, 2017

Solaris 2.0
May 14, 2008

the good fax machine posted:

Chrono Trigger isn't part of the package (though it sounds like it'll be fairly easy to put on there should you so desire)

Also it's FFVI, not FFIV

Ah thanks I miss-typed and meant FFVI. Also Chrono Trigger isn't on it? I could have sworn it was mentioned for the US release a few months ago. You are right it is not on any of the recent games list, maybe it got removed? Like you said tho, I'm sure modders will come to the rescue.

Solaris 2.0 fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Aug 22, 2017

ProjektorBoy
Jun 18, 2002

I FUCK LINEN IN MY SPARE TIME!
Grimey Drawer
Had an alert set up directly with Amazon and got no notification whatsoever. Not even an email. Weird.

Got my Best Buy order though.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

ProjektorBoy posted:

Had an alert set up directly with Amazon and got no notification whatsoever. Not even an email. Weird.

Got my Best Buy order though.

That's because the product page for Amazon (that Now In Stock was using) was *not* the actual product page they went up for sale on. So Now In Stock had no idea.

They've since corrected it.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

DizzyBum posted:

Yeah same here, I feel like that's my only hope of getting one of these things

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

"You treat her like a lady... and she'll always bring you home."

Good soup! posted:

Yeah same here, I feel like that's my only hope of getting one of these things

My only hope is probably getting blackout drunk some night and paying 400+$ to a scalper. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

"You treat her like a lady... and she'll always bring you home."
doubled