Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Good job not looking at the last few pages of the thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Skeleton King
Jul 16, 2011

Right now undead are at the top of my shit list. Undead are complete fuckers. Those geists are fuckers. Necromancers are fuckers. Necrosavants are big time fuckers. Skeletons aren't too bad except when they bleed everyone in the company. Zombos are at least not too bad.

Why does anyone care who's a tangerine? When the throne gets usurped, nobody gives a gently caress about the old royals anymore. People don't care who's in charge, they just live with it because they have poo poo to do.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

The Skeleton King posted:

Why does anyone care who's a tangerine? When the throne gets usurped, nobody gives a gently caress about the old royals anymore. People don't care who's in charge, they just live with it because they have poo poo to do.

The smallfolk dont care, the lords and ladies do however.

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

euron as final boss owns

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

Neurotic Roleplay posted:

euron as final boss owns

He still feels like a reverse deus ex machina though, shoehorned in because they needed someone cooler than cersei...

Dont agree on some of the "characters to kill for no real reason", why brienne?

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Is there such a thing as eating too much rear end? How much is too much? What is the appropriate amount of rear end to eat?

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
Science has yet to find an answer. Better eat some more rear end just to be on the safe side.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
What about when you are eating rear end and your tongue is buried deep and just at the tip you feel something. Something that isn't flesh. Is this the point when you have eaten too much rear end?

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

If she shits in your mouth it just means you ate doing a good job

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
Once the spoilers came out, they should have re-shot the final scene where the NK revives the dragon.

Instead, he tries several times, fails repeatedly, then kicks the dead dragon in the mouth out of frustration. A giant then steps on a distracted nearby White Walker and half his army dies.

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

Someone get tinfoil papercut a job at HBO immediately

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017

Instead of whatever next episode is, we get a 53 minute long scene of all the hot girls porking eachother during a night of passion

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

bloom posted:

Doesn't the NK have some magic horn in the books that's supposed to knock down the wall when you toot it? The way the show is doing it the main bad guy is only a threat because the good guys are real loving dumb.

There is also some speculation that Bran moving past the wall with the NK's mark on him will screw up the protective magic on the wall the same way it screwed up the protective magic when he was chilling with Tree Raven Man.

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008
Why are they trying to sell me in arya being some stone cold badass when she spent every single moment of her training failing at everything and never showing an ounce of real competence?

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!

bag em and tag em posted:

Why are they trying to sell me in arya being some stone cold badass when she spent every single moment of her training failing at everything and never showing an ounce of real competence?

I think that it might have something to do with the writers being bad.

Disgusting Coward
Feb 17, 2014
She's the fantasy equivalent of that one dingus who studied abroad for a year. Realistically they never saw anything other than their room and the nearest Le McDonald's and got sneered at by the natives non-stop, but then they come back home and are like OH YEAH IN FRANCE I TOTALLY WAS A BOHEMIAN MAURESQUE DRINKER AND SMOKED GAULOISES WITH AUDREY TAUTO AND SERGE GAINSBOURG EVERY NIGHT IT WAS SOOOO BOHEMIAN and it's like yeah buddy sure. Now imagine instead of mauresques it's blood and instead of gauloises it's unsuspecting fools and instead of audrey tauto and serge gainsbourg it's Jackie Haha and The Wave.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Yolomon Wayne posted:

He still feels like a reverse deus ex machina though, shoehorned in because they needed someone cooler than cersei...

Dont agree on some of the "characters to kill for no real reason", why brienne?

Because fans like her and she is fairly unique in the story being a real badass warrior women. She was destined to die for shock value.

FAGGY CLAUSE
Apr 9, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Trast posted:

Because fans like her and she is fairly unique in the story being a real badass warrior women. She was destined to die for shock value.

I hope Tormund accidently fucks her to death and screams in horror like Chris Farley in that dinner scene in Tommy boy

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017

Gendry: can traverse the north in a day (in an afternoon?) on foot in the snow during winter

Night king and lads: 7 years and counting, still not at the wall

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
gendry: can run to the wall in one afternoon.

gendry: takes 5 years to row to kings landing

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Robb Stark must feel like a loving idiot lmao everyone else is teleporting their armies around and he got killed trying to use a bridge.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
Is skellymans dragon going to spew cherry slushie instead of fire?

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

Disgusting Coward posted:

She's the fantasy equivalent of that one dingus who studied abroad for a year. Realistically they never saw anything other than their room and the nearest Le McDonald's and got sneered at by the natives non-stop, but then they come back home and are like OH YEAH IN FRANCE I TOTALLY WAS A BOHEMIAN MAURESQUE DRINKER AND SMOKED GAULOISES WITH AUDREY TAUTO AND SERGE GAINSBOURG EVERY NIGHT IT WAS SOOOO BOHEMIAN and it's like yeah buddy sure. Now imagine instead of mauresques it's blood and instead of gauloises it's unsuspecting fools and instead of audrey tauto and serge gainsbourg it's Jackie Haha and The Wave.

To write a post about a namedropper, one must himself become the kind of poster who drops names

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

im a faceless man
heres my bag of faces

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
I hope a giant steps on some more people.

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
How come I haven't seen the dragon stepping on anyone?

Is Dany that much of a noob that she just spams the one skill on the toolbar while everything else is ready to pop?

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

FuhrerHat posted:

im a faceless man
heres my bag of faces

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

proof of concept posted:

I hope a giant steps on some more people.

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
just FYI to anyone complaining about "teleportation" or whatever, the people making the show dgaf: http://www.avclub.com/article/game-thrones-director-admits-shows-timeline-strain-259742

“If the show was struggling, I’d be worried about those concerns, but the show seems to be doing pretty well so it’s OK to have people with those concerns.”

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Toilet Shoes posted:

Let's work this thought.

Foreign leader, concerned with the destabilization of the southern nation states decides to send contingents south in order to scout the unrest that is happening.

Intelligence reports that no stability is to be gained within the short term and only with some form of overwhelming force, or an outside threat, will reunite them. Thus returning an entire continent to peace.

Yeah, this poo poo has no real life basis. We've never looked at this poo poo, from an outside perspective, and said, gently caress off, you figure out your own poo poo and leave us the gently caress out of it.

Nah. We've never seen a force outside, but included, in a continent's strife attempt to do this exact thing.

You are loving eh right that the night king is the protagonist, by way of being forced into antagonism.

Sometimes you need to give people a unifying hatred of an enemy to ensure peace.

Independence Day anyone?

This is why the Night King is Bran

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

bloom posted:

just FYI to anyone complaining about "teleportation" or whatever, the people making the show dgaf: http://www.avclub.com/article/game-thrones-director-admits-shows-timeline-strain-259742

“If the show was struggling, I’d be worried about those concerns, but the show seems to be doing pretty well so it’s OK to have people with those concerns.”

I'm glad they at least acknowledge it is a thing and their reasoning behind doing it is fair enough.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
So their response is "if the show was bad I'd worry about plot convenience but since it's good gently caress off with the questions"

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich

bloom posted:

The complaints about teleportation are autistic as gently caress. That's like complaining about the guns not jamming in battlefield 1. No one wants more walking. Go watch lord of the rings or something for that poo poo

FAGGY CLAUSE
Apr 9, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
If they weren't speeding things up, everyone would just complain about having 9 or 10 seasons or whatever they'd need to even out the pace. Not sure what they'd throw in there as content filler. Jon Snow watching him gently caress his Aunt in the flames maybe. Sam Tarly becoming Lord of his ancestral home. People would just have more time to complain about how slow thing were moving.

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Having things paced well is kind of the opposite of "too slow moving" no?

facebook jihad posted:

The complaints about teleportation are autistic as gently caress. That's like complaining about the guns not jamming in battlefield 1. No one wants more walking. Go watch lord of the rings or something for that poo poo

They're not autistic as gently caress, it is called suspension of disbelief based on context and events of the show and the traveling around willy nilly is stretching it considering Robb Stark died essentially because he had to travel a certain way and Dany's entire issue the first several seasons was "how do I travel around."

I mean even the showrunners are saying yeah we're aware but we figured it was more important to get the plot points hit. Which is fair but stop pretending like "it's weird how fast people are moving around" isn't a legit thought to have at all.

COMRADES fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Aug 22, 2017

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Drogon learned the Instant Transmission Techinique when he was stranded in space following the Frieza saga.

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

they shoulda done 18 seasons instead of rushing it

FAGGY CLAUSE
Apr 9, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

COMRADES posted:

Having things paced well is kind of the opposite of "too slow moving" no?

That depends on if you think there's enough interesting content that the show could successfully pad the major events with. I don't think that there is and I'm not sure the show creators would handle it well. So I'd rather just have fast.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
They shoulda been had teleportation so this show could have ended in 3 years ago

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

el B posted:

They shoulda been had teleportation so this show could have ended in 3 years ago

But then the world would never had known about Fake Sansa