Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

The REAL Goobusters posted:

mario 64
zelda OOT
majoras mask
mario kart 64
mischief makers
banjo kazooie
banjo tooie
mario tennis
ogre battle
star fox 64
paper mario
pokemon loving SNAP
blast corps
f zero x
bomberman 64 (and hero, and 2)
doom 64
SNOWBOARD KIDS

You're missing Sin and Punishment as their :siren:"NEVER BEFORE RELEASED":siren: title.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

has anyone checked with GameStop, an announcement was supposed to be made to all stores.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
The N64 was a bad console that got its poo poo pushed in by a CD player that couldn't render a textured polygon right two frames in a row.

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

You're missing Sin and Punishment as their :siren:"NEVER BEFORE RELEASED":siren: title.

But they already did that on Wii.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Waltzing Along posted:

It would be easy to put a ton of games on the N64 classic. My point is that they are bad games. You listed DK64 on there. C'mon.

I listed it cause it's gonna be on it no matter what to represent the franchise. That game has value though, it's about the only place you can get an officially released arcade perfect port of the original Donkey Kong

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Waltzing Along posted:

You same people who were 8 years old when the N64 came out will be bitching about the poo poo games list when it is announced in 6 months.

"I'm not getting it, I already have all the games on there that I'd want to play again anyway."

"WTF is this poo poo? Why is X, X, and X not on there?" (because they are rare games)

"I'm getting this! Hell yeah." (1 week after release is trying desperately to sell if for 1/2 price on SA Mart.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lffg88WDRg

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Peewi posted:

But they already did that on Wii.

Sure, but not "ON OG ORIGINAL N64 CONTROLLER/HARDWARE", which is almost certainly how they'd push it.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

TheScott2K posted:

The N64 was a bad console that got its poo poo pushed in by a CD player that couldn't render a textured polygon right two frames in a row.

I totally acknowledge the shortcomings of the N64 but if I had to go back and time and do it differently, I don't believe I would. Being a kid and having four controller ports without the use of an adapter made sports games and shooters a ton of fun.

Man, if they had only used CD's...

Bird Law
Nov 5, 2009

Hummingbirds are a legal tender.

glassyalabolas posted:

has anyone checked with GameStop, an announcement was supposed to be made to all stores.

I just came here to ask if something's going on with Gamestop, I can't get to their website because of runtime errors.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Good soup! posted:

I totally acknowledge the shortcomings of the N64 but if I had to go back and time and do it differently, I don't believe I would. Being a kid and having four controller ports without the use of an adapter made sports games and shooters a ton of fun.

Man, if they had only used CD's...

Would have been a hell of a console. Third parties still would have run to Sony and MS, though, If there's one thing to learn from the Genesis, another shitbox that benefitted from Nintendo's blind spots, it's that it really didn't take much for third parties to peace the gently caress out of doing business with Nintendo.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Bird Law posted:

I just came here to ask if something's going on with Gamestop, I can't get to their website because of runtime errors.

Working fine for me.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Twitter seems to think that EBGames Canada will announce preorder details at 1PM EST. Their signup page for email updates has been taken down. My guess is that you'll be able to line up at their stores tomorrow morning to order, but that's only my guess.

There's also a rumour that the system will not be sold in Quebec stores because the packaging is English-only.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

TheScott2K posted:

Would have been a hell of a console. Third parties still would have run to Sony and MS, though, If there's one thing to learn from the Genesis, another shitbox that benefitted from Nintendo's blind spots, it's that it really didn't take much for third parties to peace the gently caress out of doing business with Nintendo.

There would have been more cross-platform porting going on, too, but IIRC wasn't the 64 a pain in the rear end to develop for? Sony still would have emerged as the victor perhaps, but it likely would have been a closer race and Nintendo wouldn't have hamstrung themselves on stupid poo poo like the 64DD which I'd imagine took up resources that would have been better spent elsewhere

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Supercar Gautier posted:

There's also a rumour that the system will not be sold in Quebec stores because the packaging is English-only.

Lol that would be really dumb

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Good soup! posted:

There would have been more cross-platform porting going on, too, but IIRC wasn't the 64 a pain in the rear end to develop for? Sony still would have emerged as the victor perhaps, but it likely would have been a closer race and Nintendo wouldn't have hamstrung themselves on stupid poo poo like the 64DD which I'd imagine took up resources that would have been better spent elsewhere

Yamauchi limited tech manuals and documentation to close partners in an effort to discourage shovelware.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Nintendo succeed in spite of their business acumen. Imagine if they were actually run well.

Solaris 2.0
May 14, 2008

Good soup! posted:

Sony still would have been the victor because it's console was easier to develop for, and Sony didn't treat third parties like poo poo. In an alternative universe where the N64 users media similar to the 64DD it still would still be proprietary media. Square was lost to Sony no matter what.

That said, it would have made it more competitive, and the possibilities of what Nintendo/Rare could have done if not constrained by the limitations of Cartridges is intriguing to think about.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

I'm not sure I'd call them bad but I do think the games on the N64 will feel like they haven't held up as well compared to the SNES games, what with the clunkiness of alot of early 3d titles. Out of the potential 3 I think the Super Nintendo is really the sweet spot platform.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
Game Boy Classic Edition

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Mercury Crusader posted:

Game Boy Classic Edition

Better than N64 classic.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Virtual Boy HD Edition

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Good soup! posted:

Virtual Boy HD Edition

The internet has proven that people are stupid enough to stare at the eclipse, so this could work.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
A N64 Classic probably wouldn't be easy to hack and add other N64 games. Don't a lot of them require different tweaks and settings in emulators?

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Kevyn posted:

A N64 Classic probably wouldn't be easy to hack and add other N64 games. Don't a lot of them require different tweaks and settings in emulators?

Only because N64 emulation has had far less interest and effort into building a robust, mature product. If the Dolphin team were doing N64 emulation, it would be perfect.

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

Mercury Crusader posted:

Game Boy Classic Edition

I legit want this to happen.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Much rather a PSX classic than an N64, I've got absolutely 0 nostalgia for the N64 outside of the one friend that used to bring it round to play 4 player goldeneye.

Not that sony would do something like that and I still have my psx/games somewhere anyway

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
It just occured to me why they are using the US boxart for the European release: a lot of those games HAVE no European box art. Super Mario RPG, Final Fantasy III, etc. didn't even get released there, so what box art would they use?

Also there is a rumor going around that preorders will be up at 1 PM EST (so 3 minutes from now) on Walmart, Gamestop, and Target but I have no idea if it's true.

XOIC of Radishes
Oct 1, 2009

I planted radishes in this special dirt and they came up all weird!
:science: :ughh:
WALMART UP

CrimsonAuthor
Nov 14, 2006
Haha Walmart, you can't fool me twice.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Walmart. Now.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Ineffiable posted:

Walmart. Now.

for about 5 seconds. I was checking out and it went out of stock. :argh:

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

WTF. I had in my cart and it wouldn't let me check out because it was already sold

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

I can't find the Walmart page for it...

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Lmao looked at my phone as soon as the alert buzzed, went right to the site, added to cart, went to checkout and it's closed.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

for about 5 seconds. I was checking out and it went out of stock. :argh:

Literally. It disappeared so fast that I'm thinking the site is glitching.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...

s.i.r.e. posted:

I can't find the Walmart page for it...

I tried to check one out maybe 45 seconds after it went up and it was gone.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
This poo poo sucks. gently caress Nintendo.

There is no way this is difficult to produce, so gently caress them.

Bleh Maestro
Aug 30, 2003
Literally one minute

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Never even saw it go up. Had the page loaded. Hitting f5. Nothing. LOL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Tender Bender posted:

Lmao looked at my phone as soon as the alert buzzed, went right to the site, added to cart, went to checkout and it's closed.

I went to the site immediately, and it was 'Out of Stock" with 'Add Alert', no way to actually add it, and it was gone in under 1 minute.