Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

exquisite tea posted:

Any current gen PC can blow the PS4's specs out of the water but Square ports are super hit and miss, mostly miss.

Which doesn't make sense because didn't they design the PS4 hardware to be similar to a regular development PC?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Some companies don't divert enough resources to a dedicated PC team. Other big companies also don't do this, see Warner Brothers.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
It's a miracle they got FF13 running on anything other than the PS3 and Xbox. The sparse encounters in Lightning Returns weren't really a purposeful decision but a return to being realistic about what that hunk of junk could handle.

FF15 is based on the same tech but has had a once over by the FF14 tech lead who similarly made the engine into something that would run on PCs and PS4. So out of the box it has a better chance than any of the FF13s did.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Super glad that they finally confirmed XV PC but what the gently caress, 170 gigs, I am the cheapskate who only has one 250 gig SSD.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I still have a 128gb SSD that I got back when those were still expensive

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Super glad that they finally confirmed XV PC but what the gently caress, 170 gigs, I am the cheapskate who only has one 250 gig SSD.

are you doing 4k, because that is 4k specs

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Even if you aren't running 4k they're still going to make you download all the textures.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
I want those textures so I can anti-alias the resources from my SSD for maximum digital occlusion for z-fighting shadows on my 4k resolution screen to enhance the ambient nvidia ansels with my fps.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Word

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

exquisite tea posted:

Even if you aren't running 4k they're still going to make you download all the textures.
This is what I am assuming. I hope I'm wrong and they do Skyrim-style "high resolution" as a separate DLC download you can opt out of. But it's SE.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Sleeping Dogs made high texture a separate download.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
I'm glad we have a new contender for "but can it run Crysis" after all these years.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
the dlc and patches will still be going when the pc version comes out

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I wish I liked the gameplay in Type-0 better because the story is fairly interesting in an 'everyone is an rear end in a top hat' kind of way.
The bits where you're obviously expected to go out and grind for a while suck a big one though, doubly so all those 'go and kill 30 of these' tasks.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
So phone FFXV huh, dunno how I feel about se running the franchise into the ground but on the other hand the style looks hilarious but on the third hand they gotta recoup those 10 years of development and yet playing a long form rpg on mobile seems like misery

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Oh yes, this in particular is SE running FF into the ground.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Meow Meow

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Also, and I can't believe I'm saying this immediately after posting a link to Final Fantasy-themed pizza, but FF generally isn't a cash-in brand name. There's some games that get the name slapped on to improve sales (namely the three Game Boy SaGa games) and the rare piece of poo poo rushed out the door to milk money from fans (All The Bravest), but generally every game with the FF name has some sincere motive to stand out as a game in the series, even if sometimes the idea is very misguided. There's too much work put into stuff like World of FF or the various supplementary materials for FF15 that I wouldn't call SE running the name into the ground. Even with the terrible games like Dirge of Cerberus there was at least some intent to have it stand as its own game rather than taking some piece of poo poo, calling it Final Fantasy to boost sales, and phoning it in and calling it a day.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I would play it if it's possible to play it offline

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

When I last saw Distant Worlds, they served chocobo-themed cocktails.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

I'm not sure I want giant bird flavored drinks

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Final Fantasy sold out as soon as it turned out it wasn't the final fantasy after all. Whatever happened to truth in advertising?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Hi I just wanted to pop in to remind everyone that FF9 has amazing music.

Carry on.

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

Pureauthor posted:

Hi I just wanted to pop in to remind everyone that FF9 has amazing music.

Carry on.

:yeah:

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Norns posted:

Or drinks that taste like grasshoppers, the attachable second seat to a motorcycle, or a large island off the southern coast of new york state.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Barudak posted:

Or drinks that taste like grasshoppers, the attachable second seat to a motorcycle, or a large island off the southern coast of new york state.

Yeah that all sounds pretty bad

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Norns posted:

It was just the color yellow and tasted sweet like a mimosa even though it was called something like a chocotini.

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

isn't there an energy drink called final fantasy potion or something?

anyway, where's my gysahl beer?

CeallaSo
May 3, 2013

Wisdom from a Fool

Attitude Indicator posted:

isn't there an energy drink called final fantasy potion or something?

anyway, where's my gysahl beer?

Not sure why you would want gysahl beer when the vegetable in question is usually described in-game as having an overpowering stink and being practically inedible to humans.

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

idk man, i'm not up to date on FF plant lore

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Did anyone ever pronounce Gysahl until Lightning Returns? I remember thinking that's not how it sounded in my head.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

CeallaSo posted:

Not sure why you would want gysahl beer when the vegetable in question is usually described in-game as having an overpowering stink and being practically inedible to humans.

Well a lot of people like durian.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

CeallaSo posted:

So... it'd be an IPA.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
The Chocobo farm in FFXV sells Gysahl chips but if I remember correctly an NPC comments that they test like crap.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Has there ever been mentions of an alcoholic beverage in Final Fantasy? I know Jecht is the token drunk dad of the series but they never mention what he drinks.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
7th Heaven has signs that say DRAFT BEER and uh...TEXAS.

So I guess they drink TEXAS

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
At the very least in Final Fantasy 6, the old man's cider was booze or sake or something. As well as all the token cafes being bars. That got changed in the localization.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

seiferguy posted:

Has there ever been mentions of an alcoholic beverage in Final Fantasy? I know Jecht is the token drunk dad of the series but they never mention what he drinks.

Auron has a huge gourd of presumably sake.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

seiferguy posted:

Yeah, a bunch, but they're usually just beer/ale/whisky/etc, there's no like Specific FF Themed Alcoholic Beverage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot

ROFL Octopus posted:

Auron has a huge gourd of presumably sake.

Inexplicably flammable juice, you mean?