Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

I look forward to my UK preorder getting cancelled for shipping to the states.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Why don't they use one of those stupid "highlight all squares where there are cows" verification things?

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

Nephzinho posted:

I look forward to my UK preorder getting cancelled for shipping to the states.

It's this. This is what I am afraid of.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Nail Rat posted:

It's better than going and standing in line for hours to find out they have five and you're eighth in line.

I mean, realistically what are the retailers supposed to do about a huge flood of demand for a few thousand units?

When my switch order got cancelled by gamestop i got to a walmart 2 hours before release, got to hang out with a few people and then pick one up and head home.

This was infinitely more perferrable to trying to call gamestop to get an hour of advertisements blasted in my ear before getting hung up on , then having to call and wait again to get why my order was cancelled only to be told im hosed.

Likely gonna wait and see if best buy's order doesnt cancel and if it does just get in line on launch. Worst case i just spend 2 hours , get nothing , say gently caress it and buy an 8bitdo controller for some emulators.

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

"You treat her like a lady... and she'll always bring you home."

C-SPAN Caller posted:

Reading this thread reminded me why I'm content paying an extra 20 bucks of msrp to just ship it over from the EU

Yeah I'm pretty sure that like the other guy said something will go wrong there. If I had any confidence at all that I'd actually get one for merely 20$ over MSRP I'd jump on that. Right now I'd pay anything under about double MSRP to be sure of getting one, which will go up or down when the real release happens and we find out exactly how few get delivered for buying in person.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

So anyone else calling bullshit on the "increased production" yet? I think I am.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Ahahaha they're not selling it in Quebec due to the games being English only.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

What a loving awful experience. gently caress you so hard Nintendo.

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Tengames posted:

When my switch order got cancelled by gamestop i got to a walmart 2 hours before release, got to hang out with a few people and then pick one up and head home.

This was infinitely more perferrable to trying to call gamestop to get an hour of advertisements blasted in my ear before getting hung up on , then having to call and wait again to get why my order was cancelled only to be told im hosed.

Likely gonna wait and see if best buy's order doesnt cancel and if it does just get in line on launch. Worst case i just spend 2 hours , get nothing , say gently caress it and buy an 8bitdo controller for some emulators.

I think I would honestly prefer if they had a lot more at retail than online for this reason. It's a lot easier to manage how many people are buying, and since I am not a botter it will be difficult to get one online.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Morby posted:

It's this. This is what I am afraid of.

Lol I'm shipping it to Ireland first to avoid that worry, so unless my friend stole it I'm good

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

C-SPAN Caller posted:

Reading this thread reminded me why I'm content paying an extra 20 bucks of msrp to just ship it over from the EU

I would do this if it were now an option

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Gamestop upper management must be loving livid right now. Their site has been completely unreachable for 45 minutes now.

Not that I give a poo poo about upper management at Gamestop having a bad day.

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

s.i.r.e. posted:

So anyone else calling bullshit on the "increased production" yet? I think I am.

Nah, I think the flippers have fine tuned their bot army.

Also this tee-hee midnight preorder is loving, utter bullshit.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
Apparently Europe *does* what the US *don't.*

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
I managed to get one in the 8.5 seconds they were in stock on Wal-Mart, but my old credit card info was in the system. (it's the same card number, but the old card has a different expiration date and different security code). As soon as I placed the order and saw the expiration date, I went into my account and changed it, so hopefully that works.

This all assumes that the Wal-Mart preorders don't get cancelled again.

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

I had both the Walmart and Target preorders in my cart within 30-60 seconds of the links going live and did not get one. That's really hosed. I remember when Switch pre-orders went live it was good for several hours and into the next morning. Being under a minute is outrageous.

I called my local Gamestop and asked if they were doing walk-in preorders and the manager (who is knowledgeable typically) said they were told it was coming but had no clue as to what was really going on. He was pretty angry himself. What a mess.

Solaris 2.0
May 14, 2008

Bleh Maestro posted:

Perhaps they should limit one per order...so someone doesnt check out with 200 of them?

I guarantee no one had the foresight to do this so the pre-orders run out due to a combination of the traffic flood, and re sellers buying stocks of 100+ units.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Supposedly gamestop is taking in store orders, nintendeal posted a pic of some dude's receipt. No luck yet at my local store though.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

C-SPAN Caller posted:

Lol I'm shipping it to Ireland first to avoid that worry, so unless my friend stole it I'm good

Yeah I think I'm going to change the shipping address to my sister in laws place and just deal with having to wait until January to pick it up.

Death Priest
Jun 24, 2004

univbee posted:

Jesus Christ how loving dumb is that ? That didn't stop them selling the NES classic last year and I'm pretty sure bill 101 doesn't even prohibit this.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

I strongly recommend getting to a physical EB/Gamestop store if you can. There was no lineup at my EBGames because people didn't know to line up. Websites are a crapshoot lottery and were always going to be.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Supercar Gautier posted:

I strongly recommend getting to a physical store if you can. There was no lineup at mine because people didn't know to line up. Websites are a crapshoot lottery and were always going to be.

gently caress, I might leave work early to try this.

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler

Supercar Gautier posted:

I strongly recommend getting to a physical store if you can. There was no lineup at mine because people didn't know to line up. Websites are a crapshoot lottery and were always going to be.

I got an alert 10mins ago for B&M Gamestops; there's one 3 blocks from my office. SPRINTED past this hobbling neckbeard only to be 22nd out of 20 :xd:

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

Supercar Gautier posted:

Yeah, this is my plan B. I assume I'll be able to show up at 10PM or so on 9/28 and hopefully have a chance for a unit at 12AM 9/29 at Walmart.

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

Supercar Gautier posted:

I strongly recommend getting to a physical EB/Gamestop store if you can. There was no lineup at my EBGames because people didn't know to line up. Websites are a crapshoot lottery and were always going to be.

Of course it's happening while I"m vacationing with my family and don't have a car to go anywhere. :saddowns:

I'd cheerfully pay double MSRP for one of these, but I'm not gonna get to.

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler

s.i.r.e. posted:

gently caress, I might leave work early to try this.

Sold out in under 10mins in NYC since alert went out.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

If you have time to kill try getting to a gamestop. More people are reporting being able to preorder in store.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Boosh! posted:

I got an alert 10mins ago for B&M Gamestops; there's one 3 blocks from my office. SPRINTED past this hobbling neckbeard only to be 22nd out of 20 :xd:

You know, those other three neckbeards can't have gone far... :toughguy:

Bleh Maestro
Aug 30, 2003
Just got one in person at GameStop. Better huuuuurrry.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

univbee posted:

Nintendo - very successful and also tremendously stupid

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

jivjov posted:

Supposedly gamestop is taking in store orders, nintendeal posted a pic of some dude's receipt. No luck yet at my local store though.

Saw the alert and sped off to mine, which is only 2 minutes away. I was 6th in line. By the time I was done, the line was long enough that people were going to be SoL.

So glad to not have to think about this anymore (until GS screws up and sells mine out from under me, which has happened before).

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

So they've learned absolutely nothing from the last time huh

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

TheMadMilkman posted:

Saw the alert and sped off to mine, which is only 2 minutes away. I was 6th in line. By the time I was done, the line was long enough that people were going to be SoL.

So glad to not have to think about this anymore (until GS screws up and sells mine out from under me, which has happened before).

...maybe triple msrp... :(

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

Good soup! posted:

Nintendo - very successful and also tremendously stupid

They're not using the localised french versions for the euro SNESes, either.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
My sister just happened to be at the mall and I asked her to go to the Gamestop there. She said the guy working there said they already sold out their allotment and she said he was literally sweating and the phone was ringing off the hook.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
My store knows their allotment; they're getting 5. Still can't click the button tho

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

jivjov posted:

My store knows their allotment; they're getting 5. Still can't click the button tho

hahahahaha

they totally made more this time guys

edit: just to be sure discussing ROMs is super-bannable on this forum right? I left all that poo poo behind when I was a broke-college student, and since I got a job I actually pay for things I like when I'm loving allowed to

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Nintendo is loving us again!!

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

This is insane, a re-release of a nearly 30-year-old video game console is selling out in seconds and crashing major retailers websites. I wish it was because Nintendo is THAT AWESOME but really it's just good old fashioned greed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

jivjov posted:

Yeah, gently caress Nintendo.