Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres
Freep tries to describe Antifa:

quote:

Many of the young women of Antifa wear tattoos on their arms, legs or on the backs of their necks. Some of them have their hair cut very short on the sides and/or back. Some of them have their black hair or parts of their black hair dyed to unnatural shades of red or pink (not true redheads). They tend to be rather pushy and large in girth. Many of them are drawing Social Security disability pay for mental problems, obesity, etc. Most of them are on drugs. Many of the young men of Antifa are effeminate in some way or other.

Many of the older women of Antifa, public school teachers, college instructors, government office employees or corporate office employees.

29 posted on 8/21/2017, 12:19:24 PM by familyop ("Welcome to Costco. I love you." --Costco greeter in the movie, "Idiocracy")

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

quote:

Many of the older women of Antifa, public school teachers, college instructors, government office employees or corporate office employees.

So that's what, 80% of all women, then?

Pembroke Fuse
Dec 29, 2008

TapTheForwardAssist posted:

Freep tries to describe Antifa:

Those kids with their rock and roll and their roller discos and their punk hair and their bipping and their bopping. I know I'm mixing a few references here, but seriously, is this the most ancient of all pearl clutching, or what?

"The children now love luxury. They have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place of exercise." -Socrates

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres
This is some straight Stormfront malarkey:

quote:

I think most posters, here, ARE using alternate search sites.

The point being made is - and I’m surprised it wasn’t glaringly obvious to you - that a search on Google or Bing for “white couple” (at least up until a few minutes ago) brought up (for me) ONE
white couple and the rest were mixed race couples. Versus a search for “black couples” brought up only black couples.

Seeing the obvious social engineering attempts, by Google, isn’t rocket science.

30 posted on 8/21/2017, 12:56:35 PM by Jane Long (Praise God, from whom ALL blessings flow.)

They're all advising each other to instead use a search engine called Duck Duck Go, which I've never heard of.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

They're all advising each other to instead use a search engine called Duck Duck Go, which I've never heard of.

Pretty sure that's one of those ones that you get redirected to/fucks up your browser if you have a virus lol.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Duck Duck Go is (was?) one of the open internet oriented ones designed to 'break out of the Google filter bubble'. It was mostly aimed as schools and stuff rather than internet people and is pretty benign unless your reasons forusing it are more to do with white genocide than usability. It's also one of the ones popular with Tor users who aren't the Tor users using Tor for other more hidden reasons.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Pembroke Fuse posted:

"The children now love luxury. They have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place of exercise." -Socrates

Fun fact, this is not something Socrates said, it was coined in 1907 :eng101:

quote:

It was crafted by a student, Kenneth John Freeman, for his Cambridge dissertation published in 1907. Freeman did not claim that the passage under analysis was a direct quotation of anyone; instead, he was presenting his own summary of the complaints directed against young people in ancient times. The words he used were later slightly altered to yield the modern version. In fact, more than one section of his thesis has been excerpted and then attributed classical luminaries. Here is the original text [CAMB]:

The counts of the indictment are luxury, bad manners, contempt for authority, disrespect to elders, and a love for chatter in place of exercise. …

Children began to be the tyrants, not the slaves, of their households. They no longer rose from their seats when an elder entered the room; they contradicted their parents, chattered before company, gobbled up the dainties at table, and committed various offences against Hellenic tastes, such as crossing their legs. They tyrannised over the paidagogoi and schoolmasters.

Chortles
Dec 29, 2008

Cythereal posted:

Yup. Muslims used to be a very reliable Republican voting bloc. Similar social values, often well educated and wealthy, and well above average tendency to vote. After 9/11, Muslims quickly became a reliable Democrat voting bloc.
This was alluded to in the current arc of Marvel Comics' Ms. Marvel by the title character's brother, a self-identified Salafi. (Bonus: the prior issue opens with the isolation/already-malignant/star-in-own-story take on radicalization.)

Pembroke Fuse
Dec 29, 2008

WampaLord posted:

Fun fact, this is not something Socrates said, it was coined in 1907 :eng101:

Interesting. The history of misquotations probably proves something about how easily bad information spreads in society.

I need to get google to delist that search result then. :p

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that

Guavanaut posted:

Duck Duck Go is (was?) one of the open internet oriented ones designed to 'break out of the Google filter bubble'. It was mostly aimed as schools and stuff rather than internet people and is pretty benign unless your reasons forusing it are more to do with white genocide than usability. It's also one of the ones popular with Tor users who aren't the Tor users using Tor for other more hidden reasons.

Yeah the site is fine. I use it because I'm not a fan of how nosy google gets about user data. It really is a dumb name for a site though.

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!
Surely freep can't gently caress up the eclipse. Surely. Americans stake out prime viewing spots to watch the eclipse (LIVE THREAD) posted by freeper Kaslin

It starts out with plenty of pessimism. The link was to CNN.

quote:

quote:

To: Kaslin

OMG!!! OMG!!! COVER YOUR EYES AT ALL TIMES OR YOU WILL GO BLIND! BLIND! BLIND!

Okay, folks. A bit of a reality check here. Yeah, you should cover your eyes by using special dark lenses for most of the eclipse in the path of totality. HOWEVER, for the brief time that it is a total eclipse (moon completely covering sun) it is okay to watch with naked eye. In fact, you will see much more detail and color that way than if you keep the dark glasses on. I know because I have seen a total eclipse. Here is a relevant quote from this ARTICLE:

"The only time you can look at the sun with your naked eye is A) if you're in the path of totality, where the sun will be completely covered by the moon, and B) during those two minutes or less when the sun is completely covered.

During those brief and geographically constrained moments, the brightness of the sun is reduced to that of a full moon, which can be viewed safely without anything over your eyes."

5 posted on 8/21/2017, 9:19:03 AM by PJ-Comix (It is OK to view the TOTAL Eclipse with the Naked Eye)

We are a nation full of illiterates and barely literates. You are making distinctions that will elude or confuse a very large percentage of people.

I know a few in particular that didn’t even know the eclipse was happening until several days ago when my wife told them.

I’m in the 97% of totality band. At my age I’m always cautious with what remains of my vision (not too bad) and hearing (horrible).

13 posted on 8/21/2017, 9:26:11 AM by ChildOfThe60s (If you can remember the 60's....You weren't really there)

quote:

I hope Hillary is out staring at the sun all day today.

14 posted on 8/21/2017, 9:26:26 AM by Alberta's Child ("I was elected to represent the citizens of Pittsburgh, not Paris." -- President Trump, 6/1/2017)

quote:

To: CygnusXI

Some TV dude aid that during an eclipse the dangerous rays (or whatever) are 10,000 times stronger, or more dangerous, than normal. Sounds like an exaggeration to me but what do I know?

37 posted on 8/21/2017, 10:02:50 AM by MayflowerMadam ("Negative people make healthy people sick." - Roger Ailes)

:psyduck:

quote:

61 posted on 8/21/2017, 10:27:13 AM by doug from upland (Mayflower Hotel --- hotel of choice for Dem officials and their hookers)

quote:

is it true that College Students with Safe Space, Tolerance and Diversity training don’t need any more special protection and can stare directly at the sun without worry??

62 posted on 8/21/2017, 10:29:08 AM by eyeamok (Idle hands are the Devil's workshop)

Oh good, I didn't have to hunting for their reaction to Shep Smith.

quote:

To: newfreep

Was fun to see it grow dark in oregon.....I'm here is Pa...sun behind clouds now ...

watched Nasa views and a few others....but by far nobody was as stupid and ‘girly’ as Shep Smith on Fox....oh my gosh what a complete embarrassment he is!....Worse than a hormonal teenager who could have certainly done far better reporting on this.

67 posted on 8/21/2017, 10:37:18 AM by caww

So, what are they complaining about? Here's a highlight reel.
https://twitter.com/JMKTV/status/899734847878565888

How exactly would this work? Are they describing the pinhole method?

quote:

To: MayflowerMadam

You can use a colander to view it if you dont have glasses. Still cant look at it directly

71 posted on 8/21/2017, 10:39:56 AM by RummyChick (can we switch Don,Jr for Prince Kush and his flak jacket. From Yacht Party to Warzone ready to wear.)

The past ten posts have been mostly about hating Shep Smith.

quote:

To: caww

Lighten up on Shep.

Of all the FOX talking heads, he always has the best mascara and that’s gotta count for something.

80 posted on 8/21/2017, 10:45:19 AM by newfreep ("If Lyin' Ted was an American citizen, he would be a traitor.")

This was bolded, and is surprisingly one of the only posts in the thread invoking religion in any serious way.

quote:

Couldn't help but start singing this today. It's about time America recognizes that the God of the Universe wants us to RETURN our hearts back to HIM... REvive America Lord, Revive her again!!

Lyrics for The Majesty and Glory of Your Name by Tom Fettke
[lyrics snipped]
hxxps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7yp_bu9ydw

Not the best recording but the words are here........

156 posted on 8/21/2017, 11:42:01 AM by pollywog (" O thou who changest not....ABIDE with me")

quote:

Drove 40 miles down I-5 to Brooks, Oregon to get a minute and a half of totality. Impressive but I probably wouldn’t make the effort again.
I think it’s a religious experience for some people(mostly liberals), and they’ll go to great lengths to see an eclipse again and again.

160 posted on 8/21/2017, 11:45:17 AM by Ronald_Magnus

quote:

To: RayChuang88

Even though it reached 78% in Sacramento at 1017 hours, you could really feel the temperature drop as the Sun’s light output dropped to 1/4 its normal level.

All just goes to show climate cannot be controlled because they cannot control the sun....

190 posted on 8/21/2017, 12:09:38 PM by caww

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger
I'm surprised they aren't crowing about how awesome and cool big daddy donnie looked straight at the sun without eye protection LIKE A MAN.

Also, there is a nonzero chance now that the president of the united states of america will wake up blinded or with permanent vision damage tomorrow because no one was willing to supervise him during the eclipse and he acted like a five year old.

Chortles
Dec 29, 2008
The version I heard was that he looked up specifically after someone shouted at him to not look up.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
Freep isn't happy about Trump's new plan for Afghanistan. Also they can't make up their collective mind of teleprompters are good or bad for him

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3579514/posts

Polyseme
Sep 6, 2009

GROUCH DIVISION

McGlockenshire posted:

How exactly would this work? Are they describing the pinhole method?

https://twitter.com/steveholland1/status/899697104851009536

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!
^^ Weird, thanks.

Scratch Monkey posted:

Freep isn't happy about Trump's new plan for Afghanistan. Also they can't make up their collective mind of teleprompters are good or bad for him

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3579514/posts

These posts are from that. There are multiple large threads.

This freeper is right. Also, over there the tagline comes across as HTML entities. The forums fixed it here. It machine translates as "Again we make Am"

quote:

To: kvanbrunt2

The beginning was really weird.

2 posted on 8/21/2017, 6:09:04 PM by kvanbrunt2 (снова сделаем Ам)

LET THE PURITY TESTING BEGIN! Also, this post gets attacked repeatedly, continuously, harshly.

quote:

quote:

This is a huge mistake in my opinion. This is the breaking of a promise . This is a disaster for trump . His base will not support this in my opinion. Not good!!

4 posted on 8/21/2017, 6:10:57 PM by raiderboy (All leftist terrorist are"Anti- Trump"!!)

You, apparently, are not part of his base.

6 posted on 8/21/2017, 6:12:48 PM by Road Warrior ‘04 (Molon Labe! (Oathkeeper))

quote:

quote:

quote:

To: joesbucks

He’s got to lose the teleprompters.

7 posted on 8/21/2017, 6:12:51 PM by joesbucks

He’s much better with the teleprompters. Without them, he gets sidetracked.

10 posted on 8/21/2017, 6:14:27 PM by BenLurkin (The above is not a statement of fact. It is either satire or opinion. Or both.)

Then he needs to make it look more natural.

11 posted on 8/21/2017, 6:15:37 PM by joesbucks

Yes, yes they did.

quote:

I accidentally had it on ABC. They ‘helpfully’ displayed a graphic showing Afghan war casualty numbers before Trump even started. I wondered if they did the same any time during the Obama years.

12 posted on 8/21/2017, 6:16:31 PM by relictele

Keep a careful eye on Breitbart. If they keep this line up, things are going to get very ugly. For Trump.

quote:

To: raiderboy

Agreed. I thought Trump already apologized for bombing Syria?

This is ALL McMaster, probably what Bannon was fighting...

This article was written over a week ago... says McMaster is pushing Trump to go to Afghanistan.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-bloggers/3579512/posts

13 posted on 8/21/2017, 6:16:59 PM by Sontagged (Lord Jesus, please frogmarch Your enemies behind You as You've promised in Your Word)

Lots and lots of confusion and disagreement tonight.

quote:

Mr President, fight a WAR not a police action. Follow the advice of a former general that said that-war is hell, the more hellish we make it the sooner it will be over.

14 posted on 8/21/2017, 6:17:16 PM by crz

quote:

Constitutionally declare war if it REALLY IS that serious.

17 posted on 8/21/2017, 6:18:11 PM by Carl Vehse

quote:

agreed he drank the cool aid when he bombed syria. spooks own him now. He should have pulled all troops two weeks ago. send all i mean all cia top to bottom to Afghanistan and seek out all terrorists and report back and then bomb the s**t out of them.

18 posted on 8/21/2017, 6:19:00 PM by kvanbrunt2 (снова сделаем Ам)

quote:

Donald attacked one air depot, to underscore a principle. That principle will continue to govern. Donald is wiser than he looks.

21 posted on 8/21/2017, 6:21:12 PM by HiTech RedNeck (Tryin' hard to win the No-Bull Prize.)

Who will, exactly?

quote:

He slandered Islam when he said the terrorists will not be rewarded in the next life. They’ll be all over him for that.

24 posted on 8/21/2017, 6:24:29 PM by Terry Mross (Liver spots And blood thinners.)

quote:

To: HiTech RedNeck

What do think now that he gave his speech? I thought it was powerful and effective.

I don’t know why people complain about the teleprompter. To me he sounds much more natural than the phony lying Obama did.

37 posted on 8/21/2017, 6:34:01 PM by be-baw (still seeking...)

quote:

I like everything he said and agree with him 100%

Some of comments on this site made wonder if was on FR or Dem. Underground.

47 posted on 8/21/2017, 6:39:27 PM by elpadre (AfganistaMr Obama said the goal was to "disrupt, dismantle and defeat al-hereQaeda" and its allies.)

quote:

To: rwilson99

I agree with you. It was a real good speech. How many times did he say "no more nation building" and "no imposing our style of government on others"? He was also real strong about Pakistan's hypocrisy and that India is more of an ally for us.

I can't imagine how anyone can complain about the approach laid out in that speech.

49 posted on 8/21/2017, 6:39:50 PM by grania (Deplorable and Proud of It!)

quote:

If it’s just more of the same, I’m against it. Too many good men have died or been maimed, for what?

If Trump changes the rules of engagement, and takes the gloves off, I will tentatively support it.

50 posted on 8/21/2017, 6:40:05 PM by Lucas McCain (Liberalism is the willful embrace of abject stupidity.)

It's all Obama's fault!

quote:

To: ObozoMustGo2012

This war was already going on when Trump took office.

Yes. For 17 years. 8 of those as nothing more than as a political play thing of Obama.

Either kick rear end or get out!

55 posted on 8/21/2017, 6:41:22 PM by llevrok (A group of baboons is called a "congress." Just sayin' .....)

By which he means a forever war.

quote:

So, he is going full Obama?

63 posted on 8/21/2017, 6:46:25 PM by nickcarraway

quote:

To: 100American

It’s hard to police all those poppy fields. But many Afghans can see no other way to survive.

The prohibition accentuates the clandestine trade problem. If people got smashed without it, the poppies would be growing here.

Drug problems are ultimately godlessness problems. With no Prince of Peace, people seek chemical peace.

65 posted on 8/21/2017, 6:46:58 PM by HiTech RedNeck (Tryin' hard to win the No-Bull Prize.)

quote:

If he will not be persuaded to become a nation builder, and he has indeed changed the rules of engagement, and he holds Pakistan accountable, then I will withhold judgement. On the other hand, I will have a horrible pit in my stomach when one more American life or limb is lost.

73 posted on 8/21/2017, 6:51:34 PM by Rusty0604

quote:

100% agree.This man is well focused, very bright and takes counsel from many different views; makes an educated decision. Using the pillars to spell out a very articulate and good plan moving forward was helpful. There is an end in sight to this; he is not over there to change the world... he has us over there to kill terrorists.Laser-focused and not just using military force for a change...he is hitting them on all sides.

As far as the teleprompters, HE IS NOT A POLITICIAN; that is not who we put in office. I could care less how he looks reading the teleprompter. It will may better with time...he’s only been doing it for a short time for God sakes. You all try to do it if you’re all so expert on teleprompter usage. It is like “rapid reader” from the 50s...it is very difficult. Settle down-he’s doing fine. Of course, we could go back to the melodic speeches of Barack Obama and have him bust into ghetto speak every now and then... how would that sound? Thanks anyway, I will take this President who speaks from the heart, who is natural and means what he says. He speaks to Americans - not Harvard graduates.

74 posted on 8/21/2017, 6:52:20 PM by connyankee (#covfefe lives!)

Trump has previously (allegedly) brought up a desire to get to that wealth in order to help pay for military costs.

quote:

Well, it’s now a question of who ends up exploiting the considerable mineral wealth that’s there. My money is still on the Chinese.

80 posted on 8/21/2017, 6:54:52 PM by JimSEA

quote:

To: Carl Vehse

That’s a good idea. If all these hawks in congress are pushing for war let them vote for a resolution authorizing military action - “war” by any other name.

81 posted on 8/21/2017, 6:55:00 PM by ichabod1 (Smoke does not mean fire when someone threw a smoke grenade.)

quote:

To sum up the speech: Get ready for a prrnanent presence in Afghanistan and Iraq. Think Korea and Germany.

82 posted on 8/21/2017, 6:55:06 PM by NKP_Vet ("Man without God descends into madness")

I'd somehow forgotten how much they loathe Obama.

quote:

To: nickcarraway

No, Obama sent a lot of troops into Afghanistan - a huger surge. All to fight for a victory that’s impossible. I guess we will just keep making the same mistake again and again.

Obama sent troops in with their hands tied behind their backs... because he knew it would demoralize us. Trump's not doing that.

Also, Obama's global strategy was to give Muslims more power... his goal in Egypt, Libya, Syria (and eventually Europe/USA) was to get a radical Islamic caliphate up and running to counter our evil Western culture.

Trump's not doing that either.

83 posted on 8/21/2017, 6:55:37 PM by Cementjungle

Woo, holy war!

quote:

Allah has us in their crosshairs. This is their third invasion of Europe and the democRATs are importing them to invade us too. They all seem to want the failure of western civilization. I think I will fight them!

91 posted on 8/21/2017, 6:58:28 PM by MtnClimber (For photos of Colorado scenery and wildlife, click on my screen name for my FR home page.)

quote:

To: T Ruth

If Pakistan wants to be refractory, US will side with India against Pakistan

Wow. It was about drat time fifty years ago. We have been on the wrong side of that dispute since the Partition. It was a crowning error of American foreign policy that we could not tolerate Nehru's third way.

94 posted on 8/21/2017, 6:59:19 PM by AndyJackson

quote:

I am Trump base and this speech was smarter on Afghan policy than anything I have heard before. Finally the POTUS is listening to military leaders instead of political hacks. This Afghan policy is the only chance to succeed against Taliban and radical Islam in the medium to long term.

Kudos to POTUS Trump.

100 posted on 8/21/2017, 7:03:19 PM by entropy12 (Why Republicans woo & pursue people who will never vote for them (liberals & media) ?)

I would hatewatch the gently caress out of this, but only if it was unscripted and we could see raw, unfiltered Trump.

quote:

To: Sacajaweau

Trump should recreate the Apprentice set and do weekly group discussions..much like the old fireside chats but with more participants...he could bring in Bannon on some of these as well as Roger Stone.

It would be popular IMO.

101 posted on 8/21/2017, 7:03:48 PM by Bobalu (Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses, yearning to be freeloaders.)

P R O J E C T I O N

quote:

To: rbg81

They are going to heap that on top of the pile of things they already call him/accuse him of. It doesn’t matter what he does they will trash him for it, if he doesn’t they will trash him for that.

Those of us that support him have to have his back, we need him far worse than he needs us. I always remember he could easily have decided to retire on a beach somewhere and not concern himself with the problems this country faces.

105 posted on 8/21/2017, 7:04:58 PM by Tammy8 (Please be a regular supporter of Free Republic !)

Jesus, freep.

quote:

To: DivineMomentsOfTruth

I think it’s obvious that Trump has to give full authority to the military to fight to win. If that means using nukes, so be it. I think we need every option open. Afghanistan has a lot more valleys for terrorists to hide in. That is where we should use the nukes.

116 posted on 8/21/2017, 7:09:51 PM by GodAndCountryFirst

quote:

We will keep sending troops and keep spending money until we run out of troops or we run out of money.

In the meantime this country continues its death-spiral.

123 posted on 8/21/2017, 7:19:41 PM by TTFlyer

quote:

To: elpadre

Me 3!!!.....lots of hand-wringers here.....

his hair...his teleprompters.... his delivery ...guess they should listen to the speech on the Radio before the chew their fingers off!!....

125 posted on 8/21/2017, 7:21:40 PM by M-cubed
Freepers: his hair...his teleprompters.... his delivery ...

quote:

We have no choice but to support Trump.
He will always be better than the alternative would have been.

But we don’t have to agree with him on everything.
And I don’t agree with this decision.

137 posted on 8/21/2017, 7:58:19 PM by Lorianne

There's been this side thread about Declaration of War vs Authorization for Use of Military Force, and it eventually reaches thread title territory. Freepers:

quote:

To: Hugin

Thomas Jefferson didn’t have thermonuclear weapons deliverable by ICBMs from land or beneath the sea.

139 posted on 8/21/2017, 8:00:33 PM by Carl Vehse

So many titles tonight. Freepers:

quote:

To: HiTech RedNeck; connyankee

And that’s why we voted for him.

He’s a street fighter, not a cuck politi-critter.

144 posted on 8/21/2017, 8:19:06 PM by WildHighlander57 ((WildHighlander57, returning after lurking since 2000)

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...
http://freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3579482/posts

quote:

To: jazusamo; All

*SIGH*

What are we...16 years IN with this sh#t? We and NATO haven’t trained the Afghan Troops in that time? Are they THAT dumb? The US Army turned sweet-little-old ME into a Killing Machine in about 16 weeks time! :)

This is starting to look like some kind of racket...

*SMIRK* (War is ALWAYS a, ‘racket.’)

This had BETTER be some kind of final PUSH and some unleashing of The Dogs of War, to get us the HELL OUT of there, and bring our kids (and Grandkids) home!

Dammit. Just, DAMMIT!

11 posted on 08/21/2017 4:09:33 PM PDT by Diana in Wisconsin (I don't have 'Hobbies.' I'm developing a robust Post-Apocalyptic skill set!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

quote:

To: Diana in Wisconsin

16 years - that is almost a ghetto generation. Even the Crusades took a break every few years.

25 posted on 08/21/2017 4:22:34 PM PDT by Bernard (If we could tax Stupid, Congress could balance the budget)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 11 | View Replies]

quote:

To: Mariner

We have no business being in Afghanistan

Or Libya, Egypt, Syria, Ukraine, Sudan,...... So how do we unravel 28 years of presidencies either hell-bent on the global domination script or too lazy to stop it?

What I'd do is stay long enough to give each local government the opportunity to elect leaders without our interference. We certainly no longer have moral authority to be an example of respecting the results of elections and the peaceful transfer of power. Don't support any national government, financially or otherwise. Have another election with us helping the military with security, but no more picking winners. Then leave.

We were better off when we weren't blowing up Muslim countries. When they were stable, the Muslims stayed in their homelands.

30 posted on 08/21/2017 4:29:23 PM PDT by grania (Deplorable and Proud of It!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 9 | View Replies]

quote:

To: jazusamo

For the first time he has been televised, I will not watch the President tonight. I can hear all I need to.

More money thrown down the toilet in Afghanistan would go along way to getting our military back in shape and many American lives would be saved.

54 posted on 08/21/2017 5:07:35 PM PDT by laplata (Liberals/Progressives have diseased minds.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

quote:

To: JudyinCanada

Finally someone who gets it.Afghanistan is all about the poppys. Nothing else! Other than that it's a huge barren sh!t hole that no one wants or cares about!

The villagers in Afghanistan don't care if we run the village,the tally bong runs the village, isis or al queda,its all the same to them. They will deal with anyone they don't care! Their lives are crap. Nothing to live for. Little to anticipate,the only reason to be anywhere near Afghanistan is the poppy fields which supply 90% of the world's heroin and its not even talked about other than here!!

62 posted on 08/21/2017 5:21:35 PM PDT by rodguy911 (Home of the free because of the brave!MAGA!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 4 | View Replies]

I didn't think woke Freepers were possible but Trump has somehow managed it. :psyduck:

Jagged Jim fucked around with this message at 06:24 on Aug 22, 2017

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!
Here's Trump’s Afghanistan War Strategy Expected to Increase Pressure on Pakistan posted by freeper be-baw

Breitbart article. They're going hard against this and blaming it on McMaster. Fox News is backing Trump, though. We can expect this drama to make freep cry a lot.

I hate agreeing with Alberta's Child

quote:

To: be-baw

Erik Prince had a plan to send thousands of U.S. military/defense/security contractors over to Afghanistan. That plan was bizarre on its face. What exactly is the political (and legal) justification for using mercenaries in a foreign country like that? Who would they be working for? That sounds like a complete cluster-flock from day one.

2 posted on 8/21/2017, 5:52:39 PM by Alberta's Child ("I was elected to represent the citizens of Pittsburgh, not Paris." -- President Trump, 6/1/2017)

This was bolded.

quote:

The first question should be: What is the compelling national interest at stake that would justify the presence of the U.S. military as a foreign occupying force SIXTEEN YEARS after they were originally sent there?

If nobody can answer that question clearly, then the U.S. military should have been withdrawn years ago.

3 posted on 8/21/2017, 5:54:16 PM by Alberta's Child ("I was elected to represent the citizens of Pittsburgh, not Paris." -- President Trump, 6/1/2017)

quote:

Great!

We have Soooooo many critical AMERICAN interests in Afghanistan, eh..?

Hey, we’ve only been in there with those drug-dealing BOY HUMPERS for —what? SIXTEEN FRIGGIN YEARS..??

CANNOT believe we’re doing this..!

THANKS JAVANKA..!

6 posted on 8/21/2017, 6:00:40 PM by gaijin
Freepers: THANKS JAVANKA..!

Freepers:

quote:

Soros bigger threat than taliban

7 posted on 8/21/2017, 6:00:46 PM by RummyChick (can we switch Don,Jr for Prince Kush and his flak jacket. From Yacht Party to Warzone ready to wear.)

Yes, of course loving gaijin is for loving mercenaries

quote:

To: gaijin

Prince Plan:

Fewer Americans
Way smaller budget
ONE guy who stays on there many years who’s in charge of everything.

What’s confusing about it?

The SUPER expensive confusing way they’ve been doing it has involved 15 guys in charge over the course of just 12 years at one point. The guy in charge STARTS to figure it out A LITTLE, then he gets called back to the USA, losing all that experience.

THAT IS STUPID.

Look we shouldn’t probably be there in the first place but the low-intensity operator supreme is Eric Prince.

Yeah, we should go with his plan.

11 posted on 8/21/2017, 6:08:32 PM by gaijin

quote:

To: Thibodeaux

Thank goodness you have no power. You would have us go to the arena and get eaten by lions while you mumble prayers

Oh, sure. Yeah we'll really, really clean-up Afghanistan, eh? Brits couldn't, USSR couldn't. Even friggin' Genghis Khan --whose policy was to kill EVERY Afghan male encountered over the age of 12 years-- proved unable to conquer all of Afghanistan. It seems YOU want to make a personal hobby of jumping into any lion's dean you run across. BE MY GUEST. Enjoy the boy humping and heroin, btw...

13 posted on 8/21/2017, 6:11:40 PM by gaijin
Goddamnit. Freepers: Enjoy the boy humping and heroin, btw...

quote:

There is no intention to win. The goal is eternal war. Trump has to rely on military experts and unfortunately many of those are in the service of Soros and the World Bank. If our troops were brought home this would be financially devastating to many contractors and the Reps and Senators they bribe. I fear he is being purposefully mislead. No one can win in Afghanistan. And we have to fight them here already. Fighting over there has not “kept them out” and instead is a major recruitment tool for radicals. This will not end well. It’s not meant to.

18 posted on 8/21/2017, 7:02:11 PM by Seruzawa (FABOL - F*** A Bunch Of Liberals)

quote:

To: yefragetuwrabrumuy

bzactly.

We’ve been not fighting Pakistan for years.

Does anyone seriously believe the Pakis didn’t know bin Laden was right there?

The Taliban is just a Paki force to the North.

22 posted on 8/21/2017, 8:46:55 PM by Uncle Miltie (The Washington Post is Jeff Bezos' Fake News unregulated SuperPAC.)

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
It's really uncomfortable when you agree with freep even for the wrong reasons (About pulling troops out of Afghanistan not the Soros jew world order stuff)

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Everything's coming up explodey!

Pillbug

quote:

Of course, we could go back to the melodic speeches of Barack Obama and have him bust into ghetto speak every now and then... how would that sound?

...Please?

quote:

I think it’s obvious that Trump has to give full authority to the military to fight to win. If that means using nukes, so be it. I think we need every option open. Afghanistan has a lot more valleys for terrorists to hide in. That is where we should use the nukes.

...Please, no.

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!
And now for something completely different: ELEVEN Cleveland Browns kneel during the National Anthem posted by freeper longsufferingjetsfan

Here's the ESPN article with autoplaying video. The actual title of the article is "12 Browns players kneel in prayer over racial, social injustice"

One white, the rest black, knelt in a prayer circle during the anthem. A few more, again one white, stood around the circle, one hand on the shoulders of their teammates, one hand over their heart.

There are just shy of two hundres posts in this thread, and most of them are like the first few.

quote:

To: longsufferingjetsfan

Are tehy trying to get people to stop watching the NFL?

2 posted on 8/21/2017, 8:14:30 PM by TBP (0bama lies, Granny dies.)

quote:

Keep it up, assholes.

Keep it up.

Mod, feel free to pull this for my intemperate language.

3 posted on 8/21/2017, 8:15:05 PM by Lurker (President Trump isn't our last chance. President Trump is THEIR last chance.)

quote:

To: TBP

Cancelling my Sunday ticket tomorrow. Had enough.

5 posted on 8/21/2017, 8:15:46 PM by ilgipper

quote:

I guess we now know which team Kaepernick is going to end up on mid-season.

6 posted on 8/21/2017, 8:15:50 PM by CatOwner

quote:

To: budj

What’s the NFL?

I think it stands for Nazi Fascist Liberals.

12 posted on 8/21/2017, 8:16:39 PM by TBP (0bama lies, Granny dies.)

quote:

So sad that we’ve had so many good men and women sacrifice so much for those losers.

I hope they all get injured and lose every dime they have before they go to prison.

By the way, I didn’t see it happen because I am BOYCOTTING THE NFL.

14 posted on 8/21/2017, 8:17:20 PM by boycott

pinko commie

quote:

I used to love the nfl and nba. I am boycotting both.

I’ve always felt college sports was pinko commie....not paying grown adults, while the schools rake in the millions.

I also boycott magazines, newspaper, TV, TV news, radio....

I have lots of free time.

27 posted on 8/21/2017, 8:24:06 PM by Professional

Go ahead, click through to the image. That image represents a thug loser.

quote:

Here is a photo of Isiah Cromwell in high school. He was just a thug loser that there is no way he could have gotten into a college on his on without football. This POS thug would be in prison without people propping his loser self up. I hope he blows a knee and gets sent back to the ghetto before he ends up in prison. He's just a POS thug and I don't pull for crap like him.

https://assets.sbnation.com/assets/539003/71526_101124429955863_100001749184644_3485_3023451_n.jpg

29 posted on 8/21/2017, 8:24:52 PM by boycott

Freepers:

quote:

This Nielsen family won’t be tuning in to the National Fascist League. Guaranteed.

33 posted on 8/21/2017, 8:26:22 PM by lodi90

quote:

Roger Goodall will do nothing.

Wimps. America haters are now mainstreamed and applauded.

see: NFL, Antifa, BLM.

And next election, let’s make the quislings pay.

40 posted on 8/21/2017, 8:27:32 PM by SoFloFreeper

quote:

Comment #49 Removed by Moderator

The racial composition of NFL players has been brought up.

quote:

To: ichabod1

I haven't heard anyone complain about too many blacks playing football. It is my favorite sport to watch. I have never thought of race when watching it. I just want to see a good game.

This whole thing has got to be proof that the supposed race problem is manufactured by the left.

50 posted on 8/21/2017, 8:32:09 PM by Slyfox (Are you tired of winning yet?)

"I know exactly what will solve the problem of black NFL players quietly protesting during the national anthem: the free market!"

quote:

It’s time to put an end to the professional sports oligarchies known as the NFL, NBA, and MLB. The spoiled attitude that is allowed to permeate among the players is a direct result of the hybrid legal construct under which the major sports leagues are organized. They operate as monopolies yet avoid the regulation that other natural monopolies deal with to protect the interests of the general public.

When an attempt is made to put a limit to player’s salaries, or limit free agency, the player’s unions and their lawyers/agents complain that it violates free market principles, and yet the leagues themselves restrict competition from other teams that may want to participate in their annual tournaments. Their club mentality enforces a scarcity which drives up their profit margins and drives up wages for those few players fortunate enough to make the cut. The only losers are the fans.

59 posted on 8/21/2017, 8:38:39 PM by mbrfl

Oh gently caress you

quote:

That is so ghey

Were they proposing to each other?

Paging Reverend Moon

61 posted on 8/21/2017, 8:39:14 PM by Syncro (Facts is facts)

Go to hell, dp0622.

quote:

Are tehy trying to get people to stop watching the NFL?

They just did

i’m glad this thread was posted

i LOVE football

they can all go #### their mothers. Probably costs 20 buck on a crack infested corner

NONE of them, i’m SURE, knows what battle the song is about.

And I have to stop three are I will be removed from the board

87 posted on 8/21/2017, 8:52:35 PM by dp0622 (The Left should know that if Trump is kicked out of office, it is WAR!)

So many thread titles tonight. Freepers:

quote:

What a bunch of mentally and emotionally stunted people.

88 posted on 8/21/2017, 8:52:49 PM by grimalkin (You have enemies? Good. It means youÂ’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Churchill)

The free market circlejerk is becoming more frantic, and our favorite pizzagate supporter has a contribution. "They" here is team owners.

quote:

To: MinuteGal; All

Plus, they’re big recipients of WELFARE.

Tax dollars (7 billion and counting) are used to build these new stadiums to house these teams. We’re all paying for these clowns to insult our country.

Pathetic. Need to close up shop and find some athletic competition where the participants don’t ridicule their fans and their country.

90 posted on 8/21/2017, 8:54:14 PM by TigerClaws

Jesus, they're upset tonight.

quote:

To: All

Keep it up you witless baboons. You’re only slitting your own throats.

101 posted on 8/21/2017, 8:59:31 PM by rockrr (Everything is different now...)

quote:

http://www.nfl.com/contact-us

IT TOOK A MINUTE TO TELL THEM TO GO #### THEMSELVES.

REMIND THEM OF WHY THE ANTHEM WAS WRITTEN AND WHAT WAS GOING DURING THE WRITING OF IT

I’M THE LAST HOLD OUT HERE. NOW I’M DONE.

#### FOOTBALL

103 posted on 8/21/2017, 9:01:21 PM by dp0622 (The Left should know that if Trump is kicked out of office, it is WAR!)

quote:

To: budj

“What’s the NFL?”

NFL: Negros, Felons, and Liberals.

No one else invited or wanted.

107 posted on 8/21/2017, 9:04:43 PM by CodeToad (Victorious warriors WIN first, then go to war! Go TRUMP!!!)

quote:

Never heard of any of them. Don’t even know if I have any Topps cards of theirs and couldn’t get two craps.

By the way, shouldn’t they be protesting the name of their team, the Cleveland Browns” as “racist” and demanding that it be changed to the “Cleveland Criminals”? More appropriate for that city.

What a bunch of weenies. Guess whose games I won’t be watching and I’ll be telling the stations that carry them, and the sponsors, about it.

109 posted on 8/21/2017, 9:05:12 PM by MadMax, the Grinning Reaper

"HOW DARE YOU EXPOSE ME TO PEOPLE PROTESTING HOW INJUSTLY THE SYSTEM TREATS BLACK PEOPLE! HIDE IT! HIDE IT FROM SIGHT!"

quote:

To: Xeroes80

It is. They should’ve found a way to put a stop to it asap now it’s festering out of control.

Perhaps keeping the teams in the locker room during the national anthem

124 posted on 8/21/2017, 9:17:33 PM by longsufferingjetsfan

Not a single mention of the fact that they were praying until this post, and then...

quote:

I think we deplorables should run some commercials thanking the kneelers for showing some reverance and patriotism by kneeling... as if they were praying....

127 posted on 8/21/2017, 9:19:30 PM by bitt (The press takes him literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literal)

"THEY ARE RUUUUINNNIIINNGGG FOOTBALL BY PROTESTING SILENTLY AT THE START!!"

quote:

To: dp0622

Thanks, I wrote too. We need a massive national movement fast, to boycott the NFL and submit emails, petitions etc. Their fanbase needs to show a sudden decline in order to have any hope of influencing the league. Crush their TV ratings and ticket sales.

Let these bastards know that they are risking their prosperity and future.

We’ve had enough!!!!

133 posted on 8/21/2017, 9:26:13 PM by Enchante (Searching throughout the country for one honest Democrat....)

Wimps.

quote:

To: erkelly

The fans allowing it is the worst part. Bunch of wimps. None of them should say they support (us) troops

Wimps. The fans can do something about it but they are wimps

134 posted on 8/21/2017, 9:27:10 PM by stanne

quote:

The death of football is coming a lot sooner than Rush predicted. Guess I don’t really care what happens to these overpaid SJW jackasses.

148 posted on 8/21/2017, 9:41:40 PM by LesbianThespianGymnasticMidget (God punishes Conservatives by making them argue with fools. Go Trump!)

Pretend it's all bolded.

quote:

To: dowcaet

All these millionaire black players saying they’re oppressed. Give me a break. Don’t we all wish we were “oppressed” NFL spoiled brat millionaires like them. Looks like my Sundays in the fall will be occupied with things other than watching the NFL.

If all these “NFL spoiled brat millionaires” keep acting like this, and tickets/advertising revenues fail, they will be out there flipping burgers and stuffing tacos at Taco Bell, thus fulfilling Trump’s wish to bring back jobs for Americans.

However, he didn’t say how smart they had to be or whether they got their college degree in Gender Studies or “Racism 101”.

The football players I met in the late 50s/early 60’s from the championship Baltimore Colts had class, were nice to their fans, spoke understandable English, created or bought businesses, were role models for the young, and a credit to the city of Baltimore.

I met Unitas, Marchetti, and Art Donovan of the Colts, and one of the “Four Horsemen of Notre Dame” (the Gipper’s guys), Jim Crowley. Now those were real football players, not the poseurs and Jim Dandy’s of today.

152 posted on 8/21/2017, 9:50:34 PM by MadMax, the Grinning Reaper

I'm out of screamy fake outrage. I just hate these people.

quote:

To: I Drive Too Fast; All

I wish the photographers would STOP taking photos and videos of these idiots. They are getting the attention they want! Just stop!

159 posted on 8/21/2017, 9:58:29 PM by toldyou (Even if the voices aren't real, they have some pretty good ideas.)

Freepers hate the very concept of change as much as I hate them.

quote:

Yes.

The Peoples’ Cultural Revolt is on.

Tearing down statues??

The whole drat world has torn down virtually EVERY ‘old’ stadium. The arenas of record and memory and youth have been torn down EVERYWHERE. Wembley? Gone. Yankee Stadium? Gone. et al

Accept “change”, your “memories” of how things “used to be” are a thing of the past.

169 posted on 8/21/2017, 10:18:29 PM by a fool in paradise (Did Barack Obama denounce Communism and dictatorships when he visited Cuba as a puppet of the State?)

quote:

To: dowcaet

blacks hate each other....they are obsessed with how light skinned they are...look at the killings in these cities...their movies and tv shows, all they do is insult each other...the rappers kill each other...kill each other over shoes..it goes on and on. Most bizarre, most violent race on earth...you cant help but stare in disbelief...

173 posted on 8/21/2017, 10:34:15 PM by basalt

The bold is original.

quote:

I guess the Cleveland Browns already have so few fans that losing a few more won't make much difference.

F-ck the Cleveland Browns and every player who disrespected the national anthem; f-ck their cuck coaches who can't instill any team discipline; and f-ck the NFL commissioner for not doing anything about this.

I definitely won't be watching any Cleveland Browns games this year, and, of course, they'll end up at the bottom of their division rankings—which they will richly deserve, at this point.

At this rate, the NFL will see yuge fan attrition again this year—probably worse than last year.

When I'm watching an entertainment product, I don't need spoiled millionaire players injecting their ignorant political views into the product. It tends to greatly detract from the whole "entertainment" thing. Furthermore, why do they insult and anger the fans—who can do precisely jack sh-t about what these dumbasses are supposedly b-tching about?

The NFL is cutting its own throat "big league", and I'll just be content to watch it bleed out. I'll avoid teams that make such shameful displays, and I'll go out of my way to avoid the advertisers who are sponsoring this hateful disrespect.

I hope the NFL and its sponsors are reading this...

175 posted on 8/21/2017, 10:43:22 PM by sargon ("If we were in the midst of a zombie apocalypse, the Left would protest for zombies' rights.")

quote:

To: basalt

Most bizarre, most violent race on earth

False.

Before Lyndon Johnson's welfare policies were instituted, Black families had as low a rate of out of wedlock births as White families did. Violent crime rates were also immensely lower. Government policy has almost single-handedly created this mess—dependency, hopelessness, and the destruction of the Black family unit.

It's nothing genetic or intrinsic. It's cultural, economic, and political. As usual, Blacks have the Democrats to thank for their modern "prosperity"...

181 posted on 8/21/2017, 10:53:49 PM by sargon ("If we were in the midst of a zombie apocalypse, the Left would protest for zombies' rights.")

commie crap

quote:

To: zeestephen

I sold my personal seat licenses this year. Don’t these idiots know that the fans do not accept this commie crap like those who do but do not go to games?

195 posted on 8/21/2017, 11:20:06 PM by arrogantsob (Check out "CHAOS AND MAYHEM" at Amazon.com)

Would someone please explain to me why they keep comparing these protests to communist actions? Is it because of the historical support for civil rights (for destabilization purposes) from the USSR? Is it because they've glommed BLM and Antifa together? Is it because they are fundamentally broken people?

Also of note, nobody mentioned the white players standing in solidarity, and the sole mention of the prayer circle was the one posted here.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

I guarantee all of these idiots will keep watching football, they'll just tune in after the anthem.

Actually, they love to do the 2 minute hate, they'll watch it and rant and rave for a bit then the game will start and they'll forget about it.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

I googled and it came back with a page of white couples, unless this gently caress means like sheet of paper white

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

McGlockenshire posted:

Surely freep can't gently caress up the eclipse. Surely. Americans stake out prime viewing spots to watch the eclipse (LIVE THREAD) posted by freeper Kaslin

Lol at the ones bitching about nanny states constantly reminding people to be safe by doing the obvious. You know who stared up at the sun today? Donald J Trump did, the dumbass

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

McGlockenshire posted:

And now for something completely different: ELEVEN Cleveland Browns kneel during the National Anthem posted by freeper longsufferingjetsfan

Remember kids, shouting racist poo poo and inciting violence and murder because you're a nazi fuckstick is patriotism. Taking a knee to show your disapproval during the anthem is loving traitorous commie behavior and you should be strung up in the nearest tree

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

quote:

Donald is wiser than he looks.

I mean, that isn't really saying much.

quote:

send all i mean all cia top to bottom to Afghanistan and seek out all terrorists and report back and then bomb the s**t out of them.
I have this great mental image of plane load after plane load of CIA employees being dropped off at the airport. Hundred of HR employees suddenly trying to discreetly infiltrate the Taliban.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
"Hey everyone this dude drank and went to parties during high school. WHAT A THUG!"

Is Freep full of grown up nerds still bitter about their teen years?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
I'm sure some of them are old enough to be in their teens during school integration, so yes.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Fathis Munk posted:

I mean, that isn't really saying much.

I can't think of the guy's name, but his trial made media attention because of the jurors they had to toss out. But I remember one saying something like "I know what a snake looks like, and that's a snake". Well, Trump does the same with stupidity. The sheer look even before he got all political just screamed arrogant dumb rear end in a top hat who has no worth as a human. An idiot dickhead disguised as a human. A smug turd that has no friends because he treats them like commodities he can buy and sell. I wasn't particularly shocked he's been married, money can buy that. But having kids? What desperate woman would let him diddle her dingle? I can only imagine what smugness looks like in that. "I'm the best at it, of all time, the best, it's bigly. All the sex in history isn't as great as me."

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

A relaxing walk in the woods
Grimey Drawer

SocketWrench posted:

I can't think of the guy's name, but his trial made media attention because of the jurors they had to toss out. But I remember one saying something like "I know what a snake looks like, and that's a snake". Well, Trump does the same with stupidity. The sheer look even before he got all political just screamed arrogant dumb rear end in a top hat who has no worth as a human. An idiot dickhead disguised as a human. A smug turd that has no friends because he treats them like commodities he can buy and sell. I wasn't particularly shocked he's been married, money can buy that. But having kids? What desperate woman would let him diddle her dingle? I can only imagine what smugness looks like in that. "I'm the best at it, of all time, the best, it's bigly. All the sex in history isn't as great as me."

Martin Shrekeli.

quote:

Juror No 59: “Your Honor, totally he is guilty and in no way can I let him slide out of anything because – ”

The court: “OK. Is that your attitude toward anyone charged with a crime who has not been proven guilty?”

Juror No 59: “It’s my attitude toward his entire demeanor, what he has done to people.”

The court: “All right. We are going to excuse you, sir.”

Juror No 59: “And he disrespected the Wu-Tang Clan.”

quote:

Juror No 144: “I heard through the news of how the defendant changed the price of a pill by up-selling it. I heard he bought an album from the Wu-Tang Clan for a million dollars.”

The court: “The question is, have you heard anything that would affect your ability to decide this case with an open mind? Can you do that?”

Juror No 144: “I don’t think I can because he kind of looks like a dick.”

quote:

Juror No 1: “I’m aware of the defendant and I hate him.”

Benjamin Brafman, Shkreli’s lawyer: “I’m sorry.”

Juror No 1: “I think he’s a greedy little man.”

The court: “Jurors are obligated to decide the case based only on the evidence. Do you agree?”

Juror No 1: “I don’t know if I could. I wouldn’t want me on this jury.”

The court: “Juror No 1 is excused.”

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006
I really appreciate the big Freep post collections. I really do. But anyone else find themselves just reading the first few of each post and then scrolling on down cause they just can't read that much bullshit at once?

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Tony Phillips posted:

I really appreciate the big Freep post collections. I really do. But anyone else find themselves just reading the first few of each post and then scrolling on down cause they just can't read that much bullshit at once?

Yeah this is me too.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Freepers are angrier at black people quietly kneeling in protest than an actual Nazi murdering an American in a terrorist attack.

Not saying that's surprising, just reiterating it.

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!

Tony Phillips posted:

If you think what's posted here is bad, you should try dealing with the raw source. The thread on the Browns added another hundred posts overnight, and it's still just as bad.

And yeah, I'm actually totally with you on this. One of the reasons I bold the worst poo poo is so skimmers can get to it easier.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Tony Phillips posted:

Yea, I'd be fine if they were like 1/3rd the size, honestly.

McGlockenshire, you can do less work if ya want to.

E: Fixed unfortunate typo

WampaLord fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Aug 22, 2017

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

McGlockenshire posted:

If you think what's posted here is bad, you should try dealing with the raw source. The thread on the Browns added another hundred posts overnight, and it's still just as bad.

And yeah, I'm actually totally with you on this. One of the reasons I bold the worst poo poo is so skimmers can get to it easier.

It's definitely appreciated. It's nice to have the basics of the horror when the scrolling instincts take over.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.
I generally read them in small batches, it's like 3-4 to finish a typical post I'd say. Too much negativity at once usually unless they're upset like the Obama election or when gay marriage passed.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?
Any threads about how Trump has bankrupted the secret service and grifted them to the point that they won't have any money by the end of September?

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Neeksy posted:

Any threads about how Trump has bankrupted the secret service and grifted them to the point that they won't have any money by the end of September?

Ill be fair and say the secret service did say this has been a long term problem even before Trump. He's certainly not helping but its just a matter that the neccesary steps to protect the president continue to get more elaborate and they're required by law to follow all of them wheyher the president wants it or not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres
Just how totally-not-racist is Freep?

Here’s Where to Eat During Support Black-Owned Restaurants Week (Oregon)
The Williamette Week ^ | August 21, 2017 | Sophia June
Posted on 8/22/2017, 4:51:50 PM by 2ndDivisionVet

quote:

Popeyes?

2 posted on 8/22/2017, 4:52:55 PM by kaktuskid (And)

Is Sambo’s still doing business?

5 posted on 8/22/2017, 4:56:04 PM by ButThreeLeftsDo (MAGA!!!)

I’m going to eat at a restaurant where blacks with a chip on their shoulder have a golden opportunity to spit in my food. I’ll pass.

8 posted on 8/22/2017, 4:58:23 PM by who knows what evil? (Yehovah saved more animals than people on the ark...https://www.siameserescue.com)

Church’s Chicken and Wafflehouse

11 posted on 8/22/2017, 4:59:02 PM by bar sin·is·ter (Climate Scientology - another example of science fiction morphing into a religious cult)

annual Support WHITE-Owned Restaurants Week

Oh wait that would be racist. Who else is sick of the hypocrisy out there, and the white liberals who push this crap?

16 posted on 8/22/2017, 5:01:58 PM by manc ( If they want so called marriage equality then they should support polygamy too.)

Same down here with a Mexican restaurant with La Raza and Mexican flags. They don’t have to spit on your food, they just handle the food imported from Mexico with unwashed hands.

17 posted on 8/22/2017, 5:02:35 PM by Grampa Dave (Voting for Trump to be otur President, made 62+ million of us into Dumb Deplorable Racists, Nah!!)

Oh my, no need to check out pages 2 and 3 after this winner:

quote:

My taste for bodily fluids and dirty fingernails never properly developed. I don’t eat food prepared by characters from Mordor.

18 posted on 8/22/2017, 5:03:12 PM by Stentor