Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

zegermans posted:

they never really explained why he could outrun a car if he was just a dude in a batsuit

he's not just a dude, though I don't know what origin they're using for his powers- depending on what they crib from the comics I think you've got your choice of "panther god", "alchemy", and "suit made with magic wonder metal" (probably the latter)

though it's Wakanda so who knows, maybe it'll be Vibranium nanites or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yoober
Nov 21, 2010

super hero movies are all fascist and every moment spent engaging with them contributes to brain worms

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

LGD posted:

"alchemy"

I see they found that it's easier to chimerize people and cats after the failed experiments with people and dogs.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
If Star Wars replaces superheroes as the big tentpole movies then what does that say, though? Revolution, maybe. But then again the first Star Wars movies coincided with Jimmy Carter's failed regime and the rise of Reagan so we're screwed either way I think. And the second ones kicked off right when George W. Bush went hog wild.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Star Wars is at least about fighting nazis. I don't know if marvel is allowed to use nazis.

yoober
Nov 21, 2010

new star wars is an extended commercial for toys that you have to pay to watch

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

business hammocks posted:

Star Wars is at least about fighting nazis. I don't know if marvel is allowed to use nazis.

Nazis were, uh, touched upon in the first two Captain America films

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Hydra are Nazis in everything but name, but the Marvel movies are stupid anyway. They're at least inoffensively liberal authoritarian whereas DC movies have been overtly fascist.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

yoober posted:

super hero movies are all fascist and every moment spent engaging with them contributes to brain worms

i mean sure but in this one the protagonist is literally a monarch so thats kind of a step further

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Guardians of the Galaxy is good because it's not really a superhero movie at all.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Guardians of the Galaxy is good because it's not really a superhero movie at all.

Qu Appelle
Nov 3, 2005

"If a COVID-19 pandemic occurs, public health officials may have additional instructions, such as avoiding close contact with others as much as possible, and staying home if someone in your household is sick." - Official insights from Public Health: Seattle & King County staff

https://twitter.com/greatopinionman/status/899811306953375745

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

:yeah:

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

My SO has informed me that one of her coworkers got fired because he called another coworker a neo nazi. She said it was a last straw sort of thing but yeah...

When you out nazi coworkers, do it anonymously!

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

https://twitter.com/KrangTNelson/status/899696254019543042

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

send HR a link to their nazi facebook from a throwaway email address that you send from starbucks.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Hydra are Nazis in everything but name, but the Marvel movies are stupid anyway. They're at least inoffensively liberal authoritarian whereas DC movies have been overtly fascist.

Its really weird to have a ww2 movie with hydra and not the actual nazis to fight but i suppose the movies are made with no balls.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
my catchphrase "hitler did nothing wrong" is really popular with nazis!!!!

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Panzeh posted:

Its really weird to have a ww2 movie with hydra and not the actual nazis to fight but i suppose the movies are made with no balls.

also hydra was somehow more evil???

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Panzeh posted:

Editing offensive content out of a WW2 movie for the German market and such is too much work, so just don't talk about Nazis at all.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Panzeh posted:

Hydra was explicitly the actual Nazis in that movie though, they were just a mystical/superscience branch of the Nazis

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

yeah a superhero movie kinda needs a villain that you can name 5 seconds after leaving the theater.

Also, a planet to save that anyone cares about.

I did not like the original GotG.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Editing offensive content out of a WW2 movie for the German market and such is too much work, so just don't talk about Nazis at all.
*nodding to self* just like they made all the sailors italian in the German cut of Das Boot

coathat
May 21, 2007

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

The first German release of Casablanca is supposed to be insane because of this.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Why would Germans want to see a movie called "Captain America" anyway?

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

jBrereton posted:

*nodding to self* just like they made all the sailors italian in the German cut of Das Boot

afaik if you make art that displays any imagery of unconstitutional groups, then it can only be purchased by adults - and that's inherently problematic for a PG-13 movie.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

It was actually called The First Avenger in most international markets

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

ChristEvansShirtless.gif

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Germans are people too

coathat
May 21, 2007

BONGHITZ posted:

Germans are people too

[citation_needed]

Qu Appelle
Nov 3, 2005

"If a COVID-19 pandemic occurs, public health officials may have additional instructions, such as avoiding close contact with others as much as possible, and staying home if someone in your household is sick." - Official insights from Public Health: Seattle & King County staff

When you love being a Proud Boy so much you make a lovely collage video about it, and set it to a Rick Derringer song.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xn5cx-GUtP0

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Qu Appelle posted:

When you love being a Proud Boy so much you make a lovely collage video about it, and set it to a Rick Derringer song.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xn5cx-GUtP0

I thought they were Canadian

Qu Appelle
Nov 3, 2005

Jeb! Repetition posted:

I don't even loving know anymore.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

LGD posted:

Hydra was explicitly the actual Nazis in that movie though, they were just a mystical/superscience branch of the Nazis

And there's even that scene where several other Nazis show up to berate Red Skull for not delivering on his promises to Hitler, their mutual boss, because they are all Nazis.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Jeb! Repetition posted:

I think Canadian is more likely one of their *wink*wink* code words

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

yoober posted:

so was old star wars
what's your point

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

yoober posted:

Also, new Star Wars started with episode 6, presumably.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

:yeah:

The system works.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yoober
Nov 21, 2010

Relevant Tangent posted:

so was old star wars
what's your point

are you for real? star wars is a billion dollar international corporate product now. its not even close to the same thing.

Vox Nihili posted:

Also, new Star Wars started with episode 6, presumably.

yes