Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
I had a coworker that used to do "Yes, that's me" reply every time someone said his name. Then konosuba happened and I chuckled every time and now he stopped :rip:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Lord Koth posted:

That's an... interesting change. I don't recall the skill point cost of Explosion magic ever coming up in the main LN (since Megumin already knows it), and it's set at 50 skill points in the prequel LN series following Megumin, not 40, which illustrates just how absurd it is to take that skill given how much more it costs than even Advanced magic.

Also never covered in the main series, so unlikely to get a mention in the show, but the school in the village Megumin is from gave out skill up potions (1 pt each) for being top of the class in various activities, or answering certain topics correctly. Megumin managed to gather so many of them so quickly that she had not that far off double the number Yunyun did despite both joining at the same time - and Yunyun herself had the second most in the class. It's not an exaggeration to say that she really is an incredible prodigy well above Yunyun, just she's so obsessed with Explosion magic to the exclusion of all else that Yunyun is generally better due to being far more versatile (and Yunyun's definitely a prodigy as well).

The manga adaptation had Yunyun mention she tried to do well but not super well because she was trying to keep pace with Megumin so they could graduate together, dunno if that was in the LN side story.
It did show Megumin and Yun2 as 1st and 2nd, though. And Megumin the murderer of adorable duck-shaped Pokemon.

The 40SP cost did feel weird, considering they mentioned the other two magics between Advanced and Explosion (I forgot the names).

Kyte fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Jul 31, 2017

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Finally had a chance to watch the new OVA and

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

a kitten posted:

Finally had a chance to watch the new OVA and

I liked the rest of the party discussing how, really, they should sympathize with him soon. Just, you know. Once they're done laughing at him.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
Just watched all of this show its very good, unlike Aqua who is a trash goddess. I'm glad theres going to be another season.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

GodFish posted:

unlike Aqua who is a trash goddess

Horrible Eris (who pads her chest) worshipper! Begone!

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
I must prefer Eris not just because Aqua endlessly see-saws between being rude bullying and heart-breaking sympathy, but also because as soon as I saw Chris in the opening I was like "okay, that's my favorite character because that is probably Yuffie." And her 3 minutes of screentime also turned out to be "probably Yuffie" as well so prediction delivered.

It wasn't until a throwaway line about the padding that I realized what was going on.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.

Mokinokaro posted:

Horrible Eris (who pads her chest) worshipper! Begone!

I don't mind if she pads her chest!

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

GodFish posted:

I don't mind if she pads her chest!
I personally think that good asses compensate for flat chests, and not the other way around.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
Everybody is making fun of the main heroine and it is uncalled for.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Nalin posted:

We're talking about Aqua here, not Megumin Darkness Wiz Yunyun Chris Kazuma's Prosecuor and Warden Adventurer's Guild Lady.

marathon Stairmaster sesh
Apr 28, 2009

ALL HAIL CEO NUGGET
1988-PRESENT

Nalin posted:

Megumin is a perfect archmage who just happens to embody the nuke. Why can't we make a religion of her and her explosions? There's one about Nanoha and her Starlight Breaker from her anime. :colbert:

Telarra
Oct 9, 2012

EponymousMrYar posted:

We're talking about Aqua here, not Megumin Darkness Wiz Yunyun Chris Kazuma's Prosecuor and Warden Adventurer's Guild Lady Chomsuke.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

EponymousMrYar posted:

We're talking about Aqua here, not Megumin Darkness Wiz Yunyun Chris Kazuma's Prosecuor and Warden Adventurer's Guild Lady Chomsuke Chunchunmaru.

Herbotron
Feb 25, 2013

EponymousMrYar posted:

We're talking about Aqua here, not Megumin Darkness Wiz Yunyun Chris Kazuma's Prosecuor and Warden Adventurer's Guild Lady Chomsuke Chunchunmaru Yuiyui.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

EponymousMrYar posted:

We're talking about Aqua here, not Megumin Darkness Wiz Yunyun Chris Kazuma's Prosecuor and Warden Adventurer's Guild Lady Chomsuke Chunchunmaru Yuiyui the Holy Sword Excalibur.

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

EponymousMrYar posted:

We're talking about Aqua here, not Megumin Darkness Wiz Yunyun Chris Kazuma's Prosecuor and Warden Adventurer's Guild Lady Chomsuke Chunchunmaru Yuiyui the Holy Sword Excalibur.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Got an email yesterday that the Megumin nendo is delayed until September.

On one hand :negative: but on the other hand I've seen how detail oriented they are about their products so if Good Smile says they need more time, they need more time.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

Got an email yesterday that the Megumin nendo is delayed until September.

On one hand :negative: but on the other hand I've seen how detail oriented they are about their products so if Good Smile says they need more time, they need more time.

They probably needed more time to carefully pack the explosives into each box.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

There Bias Two posted:

sup NSA people who got an alert thanks to this post.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Josuke Higashikata posted:

sup NSA people who got an alert thanks to this post.

Do you think they're more Eris or Aqua worshippers?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Eris for sure.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

eris pads her chest

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

el dorito posted:

eris pads her chest
I DON'T MIND IF THEY'RE PADDED, THOUGH! :blush:

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Wark Say posted:

I DON'T MIND IF THEY'RE PADDED, THOUGH! :blush:

nsa account spotted

honeypot successful

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Aqua is cool, imo

marathon Stairmaster sesh
Apr 28, 2009

ALL HAIL CEO NUGGET
1988-PRESENT

On one hand Eris pads her chest but on the other Darkness worships Eris.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Hail Eris, all hail discordia.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Shinjobi posted:

Aqua is cool, imo

She is a true goddess and also a true bully target

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

There Bias Two posted:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Josuke Higashikata posted:

She is a true goddess and also a true bully target

This is also true

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Aqua on Saturdays, Eris on Sundays.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
On the First day, Aqua did spake the question of light and lo'! There was Light. Thus did she then protest that the Light was too bright and lo'! There was Night.

On the Second day Aqua did drink her heavenly sacrament until she let forth a mighty exhalation and lo'! there was the Sky. Satisfied with her work she did then bend over and bless the new sky with Rainbows.

On the Third day Aqua did practice her noble water craft and lo'! The Seas were born. Tiring of mere water craft she sprinkled in rocks and minerals and things and lo'! there was Land that Nature did take root in. In gratification the plants did welcome her into their embrace.

On the Fourth day Aqua did look to the Light once more for she had grown weary that it was only ever on or off. With a mighty swing she scattered the Light throughout the Night and lo'! The Stars were born. Excited at her triumph she did bade the largest and grandest star to be the new Light over our world.

On the Fifth day Aqua did look to her Seas and lamented at their emptyness. Thus did she sprinkle Life in those waters for they brought her cheer. In gratification did the animals of the sea swim and dance with her merrily as they invited her into their realm.

On the Sixth day Aqua did look at her Land and bemoaned at Nature's dominance over it. Thus did she sprinkle Life upon it so that Nature could be kept in check. In gratification the animals of the land did chase her merrily from dawn until dusk.

On the Seventh day Aqua did catch her breath, wearying of the exultation she was given. Thus did she create Man so that he could take gratification from the plants and animals and bless it unto her in a timely fashion. In gratification Man did worship Aqua and the Heavens.

On the Eighth day Aqua grew concerned as Man did stray from her light, giving more worship unto the Heavens than Herself. Thus did she share the greatest secret of the Gods with Man, that they might understand their folly and return to her grace. And thus did Eris wept, as is it should be.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

did someone already mention the yun yun nendo?

https://twitter.com/goodsmile_us/status/900085174800699392

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map

EponymousMrYar posted:

On the First day, Aqua did spake the question of light and lo'! There was Light. Thus did she then protest that the Light was too bright and lo'! There was Night.

On the Second day Aqua did drink her heavenly sacrament until she let forth a mighty exhalation and lo'! there was the Sky. Satisfied with her work she did then bend over and bless the new sky with Rainbows.

On the Third day Aqua did practice her noble water craft and lo'! The Seas were born. Tiring of mere water craft she sprinkled in rocks and minerals and things and lo'! there was Land that Nature did take root in. In gratification the plants did welcome her into their embrace.

On the Fourth day Aqua did look to the Light once more for she had grown weary that it was only ever on or off. With a mighty swing she scattered the Light throughout the Night and lo'! The Stars were born. Excited at her triumph she did bade the largest and grandest star to be the new Light over our world.

On the Fifth day Aqua did look to her Seas and lamented at their emptyness. Thus did she sprinkle Life in those waters for they brought her cheer. In gratification did the animals of the sea swim and dance with her merrily as they invited her into their realm.

On the Sixth day Aqua did look at her Land and bemoaned at Nature's dominance over it. Thus did she sprinkle Life upon it so that Nature could be kept in check. In gratification the animals of the land did chase her merrily from dawn until dusk.

On the Seventh day Aqua did catch her breath, wearying of the exultation she was given. Thus did she create Man so that he could take gratification from the plants and animals and bless it unto her in a timely fashion. In gratification Man did worship Aqua and the Heavens.

On the Eighth day Aqua grew concerned as Man did stray from her light, giving more worship unto the Heavens than Herself. Thus did she share the greatest secret of the Gods with Man, that they might understand their folly and return to her grace. And thus did Eris wept, as is it should be.

And thus Aqua looked down upon this thread and said, "This is a Good Post."

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

el dorito posted:

nsa account spotted

honeypot successful
Curses! :argh:

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

EponymousMrYar posted:

10/10, praise Aqua.

EDIT: Also I went to Summer Comiket and got myself the Turn Undead Aqua shirt. I wanted the Megumin one too, but they were fairly pricey so I had to do some soul searching and ultimately decided Aqua was my true favorite because she is the best of the worst.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

paragon1 posted:

Aqua on Saturdays, Eris on Sundays.

Megumin every day, all day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Worship the Explosion.