Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Teemu Pokemon posted:

fuckin drafting cargo over stanton I should be barred from playing this game for all eternity

I drafted Yelich over him. Everyone point and laugh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Stanton went 35th overall, in the 3rd round. With my 3rd round pick, 29th overall I took...

Jonathan Villar.

:smith:

(I did turn Villar, Myers, and K Davis into Springer, C Taylor, and Kershaw though, so I guess I can't be too upset at the end of the day.)

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Schweinhund posted:

Gallo OPS splits by month:
april .880
may .814
june .749
july .851
august 1.251

They were clearly down on him since they had him platooned and batting 9th for a while but his lows were never all that bad.

This is why I hate baseball stats so much. The guys barely hitting above the Mendoza line but his OPS are better than a lot of people because of the crushed dingers.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Inspector_666 posted:

Stanton went 35th overall, in the 3rd round. With my 3rd round pick, 29th overall I took...

Jonathan Villar.

(I did turn Villar, Myers, and K Davis into Springer, C Taylor, and Kershaw though, so I guess I can't be too upset at the end of the day.)

He went 4th Round, 41st pick in HGH and Centaur Paintings. Villar went 7 picks before him. It's okay, there's always some guy that rebounds spectacularly and we all feel like complete morons about it. A couple years ago it was Joey Votto.

resident
Dec 22, 2005

WE WERE ALL UP IN THAT SHIT LIKE A MUTHAFUCKA. IT'S CLEANER THAN A BROKE DICK DOG.

Inspector_666 posted:

Jonathan Villar.

I grabbed Stanton 26th overall, 2nd pick of the third round, because everyone in the next 24ish picks had some level of uncertainty and way less upside. Turns out only 3 or 4 guys from rounds 3 and 4 lived up to their draft position i.e. Springer, Cruz, and Murphy.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Doltos posted:

This is why I hate baseball stats so much. The guys barely hitting above the Mendoza line but his OPS are better than a lot of people because of the crushed dingers.

Gallo's usefulness depends so much on league scoring, but if he works, he fuckin' works. I wish I had picked him up in the goon league, where it's OBP/SLG.

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Who threw this cat at me?
Clapping Larry
Yeah I've got Gallo but my league is hth with avg/r/hr/rbi/sb for offense.

The top 3 teams in my league went 10-0 last week so I didn't put any distance on 2nd and 3rd.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
Stanton went 39th overall in my draft, but I also nabbed Villar with the 42nd pick, so I didn't win them all.

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

It's a problem you think we need to explain ourselves.
I was worried about Stanton's history of injuries, so naturally I drafted AJ Pollock two picks before him.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
I snagged Gallo in my points league and now love him

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I forgot average leagues still exist

Wrt to the Gallo discussion. Yeah he would be less valuable there . It seems the Rangers think they are in a average league as well idk. That franchise has not been run well recently .

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I missed out on picking up Gallo by like literally two hours :(

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Twin Cinema posted:

Stanton went 39th overall in my draft, but I also nabbed Villar with the 42nd pick, so I didn't win them all.

I saw him and Springer get snatched up right before me in the third round when I was debating taking both with the third pick in the second round. I took Nelson Cruz then promptly traded him and Michael Fulmer for Rougned Odor and welp

bewbies posted:

I snagged Gallo in my points league and now love him

I accidentally added Corey Spangenberg over him that was my sixth add for the week :suicide:

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

IcePhoenix posted:

I missed out on picking up Gallo by like literally two hours :(

I picked him up fully intending to keep him forever. I don't even remember why I dropped him, except that I'm really bad this year.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

in another loving season-long, bafflingly bad move courtesy of the rangers, employing deshields as a pinch runner. choo and deshields need to be 1 and 2 in that lineup everyday.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
Danny Salazar back on the DL out of nowhere. Wtf.

I've lost Salazar, Faria, Santana, McCann, Brantley, and Gallo over the last like...10 days.

Gobias Ind. fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Aug 22, 2017

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Add Cody Bellinger to that list

It owns when you think your team is finally mostly healthy and the fantasy baseball gods are like, LOL nope

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

The Pussy Boss posted:

Add Cody Bellinger to that list

It owns when you think your team is finally mostly healthy and the fantasy baseball gods are like, LOL nope

Yep, this is what I get to stare at on my DL today:

- Correa
- Contreras
- Bellinger
- Wood
- Paxton

And I only have 2 DL spots. Just in time for the playoff push. Lovely.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

i wonder how many of this season's dl stints would've been dl stints in past seasons. the 10-day really incentivizes teams and players to be more honest, which is ultimately great. but drat, it has fundamentally made fantasy a bloodbath

it definitely alters my draft strategy

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist
Someone figure out what percentage of players have spent time on the DL this year vs. this point last year.

resident
Dec 22, 2005

WE WERE ALL UP IN THAT SHIT LIKE A MUTHAFUCKA. IT'S CLEANER THAN A BROKE DICK DOG.

I'd love to have an ERA under 5 one of these last few weeks.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
I've got 6 guys on the DL right now. 4 and 5 in other leagues. It's sad. Everyone is injured.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Monday_ posted:

Someone figure out what percentage of players have spent time on the DL this year vs. this point last year.

There was a 50% increase as of mid-May, we should bug Eno to run the numbers again after the season ends.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

also, if you need hitting, bird is worth a shot

Pandanaut
May 26, 2007

goin to the fuckin moon
Great time for all of the players who get you to this point in the year to die.

I'm going to roll the dice on Glasnow (famous last words, I know). Apparently he is due to come up soon, probably after the first of the month.

Also scooped up Howie Kendrick, who for some reason is really good now. Don't expect that to last but he sure as hell should be able to give me more than Longoria has.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Pandanaut posted:

Great time for all of the players who get you to this point in the year to die.

I can't wait to see who I should have drafted not based off of how they performed this season so far but how they perform from September 11th to October 1st.

Pandanaut
May 26, 2007

goin to the fuckin moon

Doltos posted:

I can't wait to see who I should have drafted not based off of how they performed this season so far but how they perform from September 11th to October 1st.

The answer is always Adam LaRoche.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

raul ibanez

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Who threw this cat at me?
Clapping Larry

resident posted:

I'd love to have an ERA under 5 one of these last few weeks.

My pitching staff is: Sale, Kluber, Stroman, Greinke, Nola, Peacock with relievers: Robertson, Herrera, Betances, Knebel, and Hand. I had like a 4.1 ERA last week because I added Heaney on a whim and he went 5IP, 5ER.

I added Howie as well because I love him and he is having a good year. I drafted Bird and he did nothing for forever and was hurt. I've had Brantley wasting my DL spot for awhile now so I've got Gallo hiding on the bench. My lineup has 4 cardinals on it and I hate it.

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET
Going into today in the goon league I had Gallo, Gattis, Lester, Madson, Ray, Syndergaard, and Cobb on the DL. :suicide:

Can of Cloud
May 20, 2010
Any news on Andrew Miller? Im hoping he's not done for the season.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

And now Conforto goes down. August is brutal.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
Can I use Miggy's looming suspension as an excuse to finally drop his rear end?

https://streamable.com/ppy4t

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I wish I could trade him for a somewhat reasonable return in our dynasty league because I'm fairly certain that he's going to bounce back next year but I also want to win this year.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

All my players are dying :rip:

Hopefully Rhys Hoskins will save my fantasy teams

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Capsule tear means Conforto is done for the season, right? It's not something he could play through, even if they let him?

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

The Pussy Boss posted:

Capsule tear means Conforto is done for the season, right? It's not something he could play through, even if they let him?

It's the Mets, they'll make him.

(For real, yeah, this is most likely a season ender.)

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Aug 25, 2017

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

It's a problem you think we need to explain ourselves.
It's Tebow time

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Looking at this stat line :laugh:

Rand alPaul fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Aug 26, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
Buxton appears to be coming around. He's been great the last few weeks.

• Locked thread