Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

ballistics statistics posted:

Not a single alert from nowinstock. Awesome.

I got one last night for Best Buy but that's all. Use ZooAlerts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*

Bird Law posted:

Managed to snag a pre-order in person at Gamestop. They only had 6 available (small town) and I got the last one. They were pretty upset about the way it was handled, said they had no warning until the last minute and their system had been slow and crashing since it started.

I felt pretty awful for the guy at the counter calling 50+ people on a list to tell them preorders were open only to have to close tonight. Almost everyone he called is gonna come in to the store pissed.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Chris Christie posted:

Pretty much.

Got screwed on my NES Classic purchase. Figured I'd be ON THE BALL this time and not have to pay a scalper.

WELP.

Got a Wal-Mart pre-order by sheer luck a few weeks back. Happened to be staying up late out of the blue when I got a text from nowinstock. CANCELLED.

Best Buy goes live while I'm asleep. SORRY.

Amazon goes live through a new link, so I didn't get an e-mail from them OR nowinstock. TOUGH LUCK.

See that Wal-Mart will do pre-orders AGAIN at 1pm EST. Log into account, re-enter CC info, park on product page, refresh like crazy just before 1pm EST until it says pre-order, click instantly, error message over and over again for the few seconds it was available. THANKS FOR SHOPPING WITH WAL-MART.

Click link that pops up on Wario64's twitter for Gamestop. SITE CRASHED.

Ditto for Target link. OH GREAT I HAVE TO CREATE AN ACCOUNT BUT I MANAGED TO GET IT IN MY CART SO SURELY IT'S ALL MINE AS LONG AS I FILL OUT MY LIFE STORY IN A TIMELY MANNER OH WHAT'S THIS THE SITE IS FREEZING DURING INPUTTING MY PAYMENT INFO AND NOW IT HAS EMPTIED MY CART FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUU

If it makes you feel any better, I barely thought about the SNES Classic, randomly checked this thread at 4:50 AM and was able to preorder one from Amazon. :feelsgood:

Solaris 2.0
May 14, 2008

literally a hog posted:

I always thought the PS3 was the crazier of the launches, I must have missed all this nonsense by not trying to get one early.

At least with most system launches if you are not insane and just a little patient, you can grab one at MSRP.

This limited production bullshit by Nintendo is just asinine.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

SeANMcBAY posted:

Got one from Best Buy and another at GameStop to flip that will pay for the first one.:cool:

Interested in selling it on SA?

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Chris Christie posted:

Pretty much.

Got screwed on my NES Classic purchase. Figured I'd be ON THE BALL this time and not have to pay a scalper.

WELP.

Got a Wal-Mart pre-order by sheer luck a few weeks back. Happened to be staying up late out of the blue when I got a text from nowinstock. CANCELLED.

Best Buy goes live while I'm asleep. SORRY.

Amazon goes live through a new link, so I didn't get an e-mail from them OR nowinstock. TOUGH LUCK.

See that Wal-Mart will do pre-orders AGAIN at 1pm EST. Log into account, re-enter CC info, park on product page, refresh like crazy just before 1pm EST until it says pre-order, click instantly, error message over and over again for the few seconds it was available. THANKS FOR SHOPPING WITH WAL-MART.

Click link that pops up on Wario64's twitter for Gamestop. SITE CRASHED.

Ditto for Target link. OH GREAT I HAVE TO CREATE AN ACCOUNT BUT I MANAGED TO GET IT IN MY CART SO SURELY IT'S ALL MINE AS LONG AS I FILL OUT MY LIFE STORY IN A TIMELY MANNER OH WHAT'S THIS THE SITE IS FREEZING DURING INPUTTING MY PAYMENT INFO AND NOW IT HAS EMPTIED MY CART FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUU

ya got owned bitch

Morby
Sep 6, 2007
I'd imagine working at GameStop is lovely on the best of days. Between this and XboneX at around the same time, I'd imagine today is especially lovely.

Chris Christie
Dec 26, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

literally a hog posted:

I always thought the PS3 was the crazier of the launches, I must have missed all this nonsense by not trying to get one early.

I missed out on PS2 launch nightmare because it came out during the extremely short span during my life when I wasn't a sad video-game playing loser and was busy with high school football/girls.

Eventually while dating my now wife I saw her little brother playing GTA: Vice City on his PS2 which was amazing because it (A) was everything kids my age had always dreamed of over the years - a game where you could go anywhere and do anything, and (B) it was basically Miami Vice: The Video Game with the soundtrack of my childhood. So I bought a PS2 and got back into video games and SURPRISE I'm a sad middle-aged man-child with a wife and kids who is REAL MAD about not being able to buy a $80 toy.

Applesnots
Oct 22, 2010

MERRY YOBMAS

What if nintendo is the real scalper?

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

What is happening with the Xbone today?

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

literally a hog posted:

People expected craziness around the PS3, but the actual demand wasn't that high due to the insulting price. The grey market fell through pretty fast and it got overshadowed by the Wii launching the same weekend.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

ColonelJohnMatrix posted:

Preorders for the special editions. Also Madden comes out today.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

ColonelJohnMatrix posted:

Xbox One X went on sale today

efb

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Supercar Gautier posted:

People expected craziness around the PS3, but the actual demand wasn't that high due to the insulting price. The grey market fell through pretty fast and it got overshadowed by the Wii launching the same weekend.
It took a good year for the Wii to finally be readily available. I remember standing in front of a Circuit City and getting shut out of the 8 they got, because one guy brought 4 of his family members to stand in line so he can flip them. He was bragging about the whole time.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

Chris Christie posted:

I missed out on PS2 launch nightmare because it came out during the extremely short span during my life when I wasn't a sad video-game playing loser and was busy with high school football/girls.

Eventually while dating my now wife I saw her little brother playing GTA: Vice City on his PS2 which was amazing because it (A) was everything kids my age had always dreamed of over the years - a game where you could go anywhere and do anything, and (B) it was basically Miami Vice: The Video Game with the soundtrack of my childhood. So I bought a PS2 and got back into video games and SURPRISE I'm a sad middle-aged man-child with a wife and kids who is REAL MAD about not being able to buy a $80 toy.

If it makes you feel any better, you're not middle-aged, that starts at 45 :eng101:

quote:

What if nintendo is the real scalper?

I legitimately would not be surprised.

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

Scalp an SNES and I'll scalp you, bub. The only difference between you and me is I do this poo poo for free

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Terrific Accident posted:

Scalp an SNES and I'll scalp you, bub. The only difference between you and me is I do this poo poo for free

as said by your av

Chris Christie
Dec 26, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I miss Comp USA. Used to be able to stroll in there any drat time you felt like it and pick up whatever hot video game console/game just came out since no one shopped there.

Unfortunately no one shopping there was kind of a problem for staying in business.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Terrific Accident posted:

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Target's product page disappeared just now.

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

shyduck posted:

Xbox One X went on sale today

efb

Ah ok, so nothing of importance then.

Big mistake on Microsoft's part to put their new cutting edge system for sale at the same time as the Super Nintendo.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Chris Christie posted:

I miss Comp USA. Used to be able to stroll in there any drat time you felt like it and pick up whatever hot video game console/game just came out since no one shopped there.

Unfortunately no one shopping there was kind of a problem for staying in business.
Apparently places like Kohl's and Sears are good for this, because they carry current games and systems, but nobody ever thinks to check there.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

Target's product page disappeared just now.

It's still showing for me, but I get an out of stock notification every time I hit the pre-order button. Allegedly people have had it randomly pop back in stock but no luck here.

Airspace
Nov 5, 2010
Kohl's, really?

I thought they were just a clothing store.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

FilthyImp posted:

So basically once someone in the mod community gets one of these they'll:

Figure out how the FX Chip functionality is implemented to reverse engineer a copy

Figure out how to load more sweet romz on it

Figure out how to loaf NES games on it

Right??
Because if thats the case and I get an FX compatible Everdrive out of this clusterfuck then nintendo can go ahead with their limited supply bullshit.

Even after having already bought a SD2SNES, I would probably double dip for a new one that can do the full library.

With that being said, the SNES Classic already plays pretty much every relevant game that the SD2SNES can't play.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

hcreight posted:

It's still showing for me, but I get an out of stock notification every time I hit the pre-order button. Allegedly people have had it randomly pop back in stock but no luck here.

yeah, it disappeared for a minute or two then came back up.

AutomaticPrince
Jun 14, 2013
I was just able to add it to my cart on Target but it disappeared during checkout. gently caress my life.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

gently caress, Target let me put it in my cart again, then hosed me in the rear end again.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Airspace posted:

Kohl's, really?

I thought they were just a clothing store.
Yep, I was surprised too. I've been to a couple of Kohl's in the area and it's usually a small section in the back of the store. It's basically just video games and bluetooth speakers.

Atheist Sunglasses
Jul 26, 2003

All the candy you want. Crotton crandy, crandy apple. I like to go on the best ride first. Name of roller croaster.

I HAD IT IN MY loving CART AT TARGET AND IT SUDDENLY VANISHED

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Atheist Sunglasses posted:

That was probably a technical mistake more than anything.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Drowning Rabbit posted:

Even after having already bought a SD2SNES, I would probably double dip for a new one that can do the full library.

With that being said, the SNES Classic already plays pretty much every relevant game that the SD2SNES can't play.

Yeah, sd2snes is amazing and the SNES mini complements it perfectly. Plus if this ultimately leads to the developer reverse engineering the FX chip even better.

Can't believe the utter madness with this. It was like a cat 5 hurricane you could see coming but nothing can be done to prepare for it.

I'm just grateful I got lucky to be up at 5 am to get it from Amazon.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Atheist Sunglasses posted:

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Ballz posted:

Yeah, sd2snes is amazing and the SNES mini complements it perfectly. Plus if this ultimately leads to the developer reverse engineering the FX chip even better.

Can't believe the utter madness with this. It was like a cat 5 hurricane you could see coming but nothing can be done to prepare for it.

I'm just grateful I got lucky to be up at 5 am to get it from Amazon.

Yeah, and for the handful of games the SD2SNES doesn't work with you can just use your PC. I'm sure within a day or two of this thing being out we will have the Starfox 2 rom online.

Solis
Feb 2, 2011

Now you can take this knowledge and turn it into part of yourself.
I managed to pick up one of the ripoff bundles through the GameStop mobile app but I honestly would rather pre-order through somewhere that isn't scummy as gently caress.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

YESSSSS I JUST GOT ONE FROM TARGET!!!!!

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Solis posted:

I managed to pick up one of the ripoff bundles through the GameStop mobile app but I honestly would rather pre-order through somewhere that isn't scummy as gently caress.

When? I was able to get to but not complete checkout on the app a few hours ago, but as of now i'm just getting an error adding it to cart.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/StarFire2258/status/900058318525222913

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

YESSSSS I JUST GOT ONE FROM TARGET!!!!!

How? What did you do?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atheist Sunglasses
Jul 26, 2003

All the candy you want. Crotton crandy, crandy apple. I like to go on the best ride first. Name of roller croaster.

is this target poo poo a bug? I entered my payment and hit submit and then it emptied my cart....like what in the gently caress happened? i was on the last step....I...I pressed SUBMIT