Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Haifisch posted:

Look at these two buying textbooks from the campus store like a scrub. :rolleyes:

Look at these nerds having text books for college classes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Call your mom, she worries

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

karmicknight posted:

Look at these nerds having text books for college classes.
I dunno about you but when I was in college, the only books it made sense to buy from the campus store were books the professor published for their own class, aka 'ones you could literally only buy there'.

Textbook prices are highway robbery either way, but buying them online makes them slightly less so. :v:

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Classic Dinette Set plans ahead.

Working Daze is not user friendly.

Super-Fun-Pak-Comix incepts.

FrumpleOrz
Feb 12, 2014

Perhaps you have not been to the *Playground*.
The *Playground* is for Taalo and for Orz, but *Campers* can go.
It more fun than several.
You can go there for too much fun.
The Lockhorns

Brewster Rockit Space Guy

On The Fastrack

Safe Havens

Kevin & Kell

Mother Goose & Grimm

Hagar The Horrible

Old New Yorker Cartoons

treasureplane
Jul 12, 2008

throwing darts in lovers' eyes, &c.
King Aroo (March 28, 1952)

Nancy (May 16, 1944)

Wash Tubbs (January 13, 1930)

Gasoline Alley (February 11, 1924)

Lil' Abner (October 11, 1937)

Barney Google (February 12, 1923)

Alley Oop (May 14, 1934)

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Johnny Aztec posted:

So, one year of awesome Pirate lady and 29 years of boring smugness?
Well, that in itself is a small slice inside of the much larger and better Chatu storyline, so you're the one being boringly smug.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Dude managed to make like two weeks of the Phantom and Chatu hanging out in the jungle waiting to get Ebola pretty riveting so

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Haifisch posted:

I dunno about you but when I was in college, the only books it made sense to buy from the campus store were books the professor published for their own class, aka 'ones you could literally only buy there'.

Textbook prices are highway robbery either way, but buying them online makes them slightly less so. :v:

And even then it's often a good idea to wait to buy until after the prof assigns reading from the book. Because they will absolutely assign a shitton of books and then you only touch one the whole semester.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Ghostlight posted:

Well, that in itself is a small slice inside of the much larger and better Chatu storyline, so you're the one being boringly smug.

Remember the time he showed off all his incredibly important and valuable historical artifacts then erased their memories?

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

treasureplane posted:

Wash Tubbs (January 13, 1930)

Mods pls change my user name to Bozo McSneeze, Turf Operator, thx

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Johnny Aztec posted:

Remember the time he showed off all his incredibly important and valuable historical artifacts then erased their memories?
Yeah, it had terrible pacing and was kind of stupid because in fact he didn't erase her memories - he had the Bandar gaslight her into thinking they were a concussed delusion.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Evil Mastermind posted:

Is this the same art from one of the previous "Gwen's Blog" strips? The weird neck-breaking poses look familiar.

Strontium posted:

Four months ago to the day.

I made this just because.

My Lovely Horse posted:

Would it be taking your service for granted if I pointed out that you're missing Wallace the Brave from Vargo's lineup? :shobon:

Actually I might as well put my money where my mouth is, here's the last two:

Should have gone with Fanny Flambeaux.
Oh wow I can't believe I missed that, and yeah thanks for posting cause I love it. I don't think Wallace is daily and so maybe that's why?

Savidudeosoo
Feb 12, 2016

Pelican, a Bag Man

Haifisch posted:

My major doesn't really have textbooks. It's great.

Maldraedior
Jun 16, 2002

YOU ARE AN ASININE MORT

Stultus Maximus posted:

Newspaper comics: the only place in the country where school still starts in September.

There have been billboards up all over everywhere announcing school's start date because there is always a huge truancy issue with parents who give no fucks not sending their kids back until after labor day

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Arlo and Janis

Arlo and Janis Classic (January 1, 1996)

Garfield Classic (January 1, 1986)

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.

Johnny Walker posted:

I made this just because.

And I love you for it.

Intelligent Life

Take It From the Tinkersons

Dark Side of the Horse

Viivi & Wagner

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Nancy

Dustin

Mandrake

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

"I literally own a mountain and my home is on top of it. My wife is your king's sister. Why the hell should I care about money?"

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

e - some comics are huge because seattlepi is being lovely about ads lately, and things aren't loading.

Transmodiar
Jul 9, 2005

You're a terrible person, Mildred.
Modesty Blaise

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Did kids ever really act like this? Especially at--what is Micheal supposed to be here, 10? 11? They are clearly past the "ew girls are icky" thing anyways.

F Minus

Another good idea.

Mark Trail

"Do you see that?"
"No."
"Well, it's there, and there's also some other stuff you can't see."
--James Allen, professional storyteller/cartoonist

Mary Worth

Dawn will give this away by lunch tomorrow.

The Phantom

Pooch Cafe

Rex Morgan MD

If she doesn't believe in signs, then there's no reason to bring up this bit of trivia.

Apartment 3-G

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Flash Gordon

2002 Scooby Doo

The Amazing Mole Man

Tina's Groove

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Johnny Walker posted:

Did kids ever really act like this? Especially at--what is Micheal supposed to be here, 10? 11? They are clearly past the "ew girls are icky" thing anyways.

If you're asking if kids try to ruthlessly embarrass each other when they detect that one of their number is, at that moment, concerned with looking cool, the answer is yes.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

BC

Phoebe and Her Unicorn

Baldo

I didn't realize until now how much this comic ventures into cloying territory. It's like just a few pegs below Rose is Rose. Well OK RiR is way off the scale but still.

Wizard of Id

Big Nate

Curtis

Baby Blues

Wallace the Brave

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen
Gil

Heathcliff

Piranha Club

Dick Tracy

Judge Parker

9 Chickweed Lane

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

When The Phantom is good, it's really good :allears:

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Zippy

Ripley's

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Sucks about Brooke getting a stroke, because strokes generally suck. Having said that, I'd be perfectly happy with his strips ending, as they're almost offensively bad and pretentious in the worst way.

computer angel
Sep 9, 2008

Make it a double.
Reply All

Zits

Pretty weird considering summer is essentially over and he volunteered at the zoo the entire time.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Here mom, this was in my friend's hole

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool

Strontium posted:

And I love you for it.

Intelligent Life

I am not sure what character they mean with Star Trek here. Is it just they can't NOT say something about Star Trek in this cuz I'd believe that.

Also the little sister in Baldo feels like she's channeling some of the more obnoxious parts from late seasons Lisa Simpson.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

Good Listener posted:

I am not sure what character they mean with Star Trek here. Is it just they can't NOT say something about Star Trek in this cuz I'd believe that.

The captain in Star Trek: Discovery is a woman. Man, remember that loving weird Intelligent Life where Gwen turned into the ship from Discovery?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

catlord posted:

Man, remember that loving weird Intelligent Life where Gwen turned into the ship from Discovery?
I do now. gently caress

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

How did he pull that out of Pierce without bending it? :stare:

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Rhymes with Orange

Pros and Cons

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

Johnny Walker posted:

It's like just a few pegs below Rose is Rose. Well OK RiR is way off the scale but still.

subtle but i caught it

ewwwww!!!! that was like impaled into his brain!!! :gonk:

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

Johnny Walker posted:

BC

Phoebe and Her Unicorn

Baldo

I didn't realize until now how much this comic ventures into cloying territory. It's like just a few pegs below Rose is Rose. Well OK RiR is way off the scale but still.

Wizard of Id

Big Nate

Curtis

Baby Blues

Wallace the Brave

Yo, Johnny Walker and My Lovely Horse, thanks for picking up the slack for me!
I'm back at home now, so I can take over again tomorrow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

Johnny Walker posted:

Wallace the Brave

Eyebrows toddler is v good.

• Locked thread