Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
Baltimore needs to hurry up and get a USL team. As long as they don't play in loving Towson, at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
:siren: Rumor has it :siren: Sacramento is the favorite for MLS expansion by year's end. The other expansion favorite? Well, I hope you like the Miami drama that's been going on for years, because St. Louis will look to replicate it in America's unsexiest city.

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
I thought St Louis was dead because voters rejected a stadium plan last year?

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮

camoseven posted:

I thought St Louis was dead because voters rejected a stadium plan last year?

Again, rumors, but MLS is considering a 'conditional' expansion bid that will essentially clog up the system for years until it actually happens.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.
You getting these from anywhere in particular? MLS sometimes does dumb things but going with St. Louis for 25/26 seems particularly dumb when there are better options for the first two AND there are guaranteed to be two more picks made later while they've had time to maybe get their poo poo together.

They were contractually obligated to allow for the Miami process to work out (plus, similar to NYCFC, the market itself is one they wanted enough to put up with all kinds of obstacles to the process rather than just walking away), STL isn't remotely that compelling.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
Does 'unnamed source' counts as 'somewhere'? Because it's one of those off-the-record things.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

all-Rush mixtape posted:

:siren: Rumor has it :siren: Sacramento is the favorite for MLS expansion by year's end. The other expansion favorite? Well, I hope you like the Miami drama that's been going on for years, because St. Louis will look to replicate it in America's unsexiest city.

Ponzi scheme running low on cash?

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
NYCFC are moving their home game vs Houston on September 23rd to.... East Hartford, CT. According to Google Maps that's 107 miles away, and currently 2 1/2 hours by car.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Pretend I repeated :laffo: until I broke the character limit.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

camoseven posted:

NYCFC are moving their home game vs Houston on September 23rd to.... East Hartford, CT. According to Google Maps that's 107 miles away, and currently 2 1/2 hours by car.

Lol that's halfway to Boston. So about as close as Gillette :v:

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

move it to CT permanently imo, and try again with NYC3

clandestine cactus
Feb 5, 2009

Hot Rope Guy

Azerban posted:

move it to CT permanently imo, and try again with NYC3

The Connecticut Yankees in Don Garber's Sport

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

camoseven posted:

:stonklol: What the loving gently caress. Red Bull Stadium is available on the 23rd, but I guess that would have been too easy.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

binge crotching posted:

:stonklol: What the loving gently caress. Red Bull Stadium is available on the 23rd, but I guess that would have been too easy.

gently caress off, we're full.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

clandestine cactus posted:

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Easily my favorite ever TRP post.

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

:perfect:

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

:five:

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

Oh my god

clandestine cactus
Feb 5, 2009

Hot Rope Guy
I should retire from posting I'm pretty sure I'll never approach anything like that again.

It was nice knowing you all.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Playoff schedule and TV details announced. Once again half of the knockout games are on Unimas only. Lame.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

whypick1 posted:

Playoff schedule and TV details announced. Once again half of the knockout games are on Unimas only. Lame.

If the Sounders finish at either #1 or #2 they'll have a double-header with the Seahawks on the 5th of November.

And why the gently caress are the conference finals being played on a Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday?

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
My guess is so as to get more people watching on TV. Your average Joe is going to be watching the NFL on Sundays and college football on Saturdays.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

all-Rush mixtape posted:

My guess is so as to get more people watching on TV. Your average Joe is going to be watching the NFL on Sundays and college football on Saturdays.

If we had a traditional day like that, it'd be fine. Instead, ain't nobody know there's a Tuesday playoff game unless you're already a hardcore junkie. Can't grow the game that way.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮

Your Boy Fancy posted:

If we had a traditional day like that, it'd be fine. Instead, ain't nobody know there's a Tuesday playoff game unless you're already a hardcore junkie. Can't grow the game that way.

Frankly, there's no easy solution. Saturday is the traditional MLS day, and there is 0 chance ESPN uses any of its linear channels on soccer on a November Saturday, and Fox Sports is only adding more college football. Sunday, you're going up against the number one sport in the nation on broadcast TV.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

binge crotching posted:

And why the gently caress are the conference finals being played on a Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday?
Because the league is so desperate to be on national TV that they'll take whatever time slot a network will give them.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

binge crotching posted:

Because the NCAA and NFL exist in the fall.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
In more :thunk: news:

https://twitter.com/J_Cortinovis/status/900138873983991808

Tigren
Oct 3, 2003

I wouldn't read too much into it. It could be/probably is for whatever USL team Austin has. They also own all of these:

code:
Akronfc.com
Alburquerquefc.com
Anaheimfc.com
Bakersfieldfc.com
Cincinnatifc.com
Clevelandfc.com
ColoradosPringsfc.com
CorpusChristifc.com
Denverfc.com
detroitfc.com
elpasofc.com
fresnofc.com
longbeachfc.com
mesafc.com
minneapolisfc.com
neworleansfc.com
norfolkfc.com
oaklandfc.com
phillyfc.com
pittsburgfc.com
raleighfc.com
sanantoniofc.com
stocktonfc.com
tusconfc.com
virginiabeachfc.com

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Austin 316

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Tigren posted:

code:
mesafc.com

The perfect place to play during the summer. Think Vegas would do prop bets on number of players dead from heat stroke during the season?

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

Hello I would like to report that Giovinco is the studiest stud to ever stud.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
I think Toronto might just have the best season in MLS history this year. Of course, they need to win the Cup in order for this to even be a question.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
If DC played Atlanta every week, they'd have the greatest season in league history.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

For those of you keeping track at home, United have taken 9 of 12 points from United and United, while United and United have a just a single win against United and United, respectively. However, both United and United still have one game left against United and United.

Tigren
Oct 3, 2003

trem_two posted:

If DC played Atlanta every week, they'd have the greatest season in league history.

And somehow still end up with 0 goals scored.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
The Rapids suck so bad that they can't even win the wooden spoon.

edit: like, the next time I go to a Rapids game, I'm going to show up to section 117 in Chivas USA gear that I bought on eBay for mixed change.

Star Man fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Aug 24, 2017

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Oh hey, something about MLS on my news fe-

http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2017/08/25/ricardo-velazco-sex-with-minor/

:stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Living in Salt Lake does weird poo poo to your head, man.

• Locked thread