Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Yeah, when the Zelda Defense Squad comes out in full force saying that "Oh, it's not like those lovely Ubisoft games where you climb towers to reveal the map, because in this one when you climb towers to reveal the map, you have to place the icons yourself and that makes all the difference" I have to say, I totally respect that you love the game so much, but that thing makes absolutely no difference to me

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Yeah, the thing I was going to add in the previous post but deleted because I thought it was too inflammatory was the thing that pissed me off the most among the Zelda acolytes were the shitheads who characterized dislike for the game as "We are free souls and more imaginative than those normies who do not get pleasure from exploration like we, the enlightened ones, do"

This from the dolt that champions how amazing Knack is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

I do wanna see the main dungeons be a bit more bulky in BOTW 2 and 10% more durability on weapons and better menuing and shortcut handling and some of the crafting mats sourcing is dumb and annoying.

Edit: Don't need the whole blurb to skip every time I enter a shrine.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

XyrlocShammypants posted:

That's great and hopefully you don't take discussion or criticism as a personal sleight. Some people feel the same way about other games as you did about this one. Some people played this game and didn't feel anything. I think it's a polarizing game because of the risks it took. A lot of things can be seen as strengths or weaknesses or both but that it's Hyrule gave them the room to take risks. In the end it obviously paid off because the view is generally positive.

Totally. Some people like chocolate, some people like vanilla, and some people like both. I can see why people don't like it. But for me the game drew me in so fast that I wasn't even thinking about how it had a bare bones story, or no skills tree, or I couldn't ride a horse and deliver messages as a side mission.

It simply presented itself in a way that allowed me to take off my "I talk about video games on the internet" hat and for that I give it kudos.

I was constantly picking up the Switch to show my girlfriend all the little surprises.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Ometeotl posted:

Hello! This is my Splatoon 2 miiverse post :)

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Ometeotl posted:

lol what kind of moron enjoyed knack

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Knack 2 looks like some kind of quasi-DMC character action thing but I dunno who liked Knack 1

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
:chloe:

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I'm getting very excited for Mario RPG 2.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Breath of the Wild is a great puzzle game with a lot of tedious travel and bad combat encounters between puzzles

the puzzles are mostly contextless, all look the same, have too much loading/baked in animations, and are a major impediment to me replaying the game beyond a 3 hearts run where i don't have to do them again.

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president
all this zelda talk has me wishing i could play stardew valley on the nintendo switch

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

HyperPuma posted:

all this zelda talk has me wishing i could play stardew valley on the nintendo switch

Hell, same

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I just want to play good games on the Switch. Thankfully next week will address this.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Stardewhen

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
I was loving Breath of the Wild, then I got to a motion control shrine.

How many of these monstrosities are in the game, because holy poo poo that was miserable.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Policenaut posted:

Stardewhen

When the Angels win the pennant.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I just want to play good games on the Switch. Thankfully next week will address this.

Heck yeah, #sassy #nofilter
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_84x4baaKg

Dr. Fetus posted:

How many of these monstrosities are in the game, because holy poo poo that was miserable.

Did you tryflipping your controller upside down I really liked shrine puzzles, best part of the game for me

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Dr. Fetus posted:

Two of these, and two golf ones. Just flip it upside down

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I havent seen much marketing for kingdom battle but I bet it'll become really popular once Kids Youtube gets a hold of it

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Two of these, and two golf ones. Just flip it upside down

I did this and I thought I was pretty clever for doing it. Kind of sucks if you're attached to playing the game in handheld mode tho

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Policenaut posted:

Stardewhen

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Thanks all for the help, I think I'll wait on Zelda for now and pick it up later. I think I'm gonna look into the Rabbids game for my first Switch exclusive game. Then the agonizing wait for Mario Odyssey (though Wolfenstein comes out at the same time eeesh)
Please do not fight about Zelda friends, namaste

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
There have been times when you've been able to order a Switch from a retailer online and the listing would be up for the entire day, if not days in the past few months right?

I don't know why so many are saying "Also the Switch hasn't been in stock for MONTHS" today all of the sudden. :thunk:

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Ludwig van Halen posted:

I did this and I thought I was pretty clever for doing it. Kind of sucks if you're attached to playing the game in handheld mode tho

You could detach the joycon

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Motion Control Shrines posted:

Upside-down

:psyboom: Holy poo poo.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Viewtiful Jew posted:

There have been times when you've been able to order a Switch from a retailer online and the listing would be up for the entire day, if not days in the past few months right?

I don't know why so many are saying "Also the Switch hasn't been in stock for MONTHS" today all of the sudden. :thunk:

Never that long, but definitely up for a couple hours sometimes.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Yeah, when the Zelda Defense Squad comes out in full force saying that "Oh, it's not like those lovely Ubisoft games where you climb towers to reveal the map, because in this one when you climb towers to reveal the map, you have to place the icons yourself and that makes all the difference" I have to say, I totally respect that you love the game so much, but that thing makes absolutely no difference to me

get it right, we're called the zelda anti-defamation league

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I wanna get that Hori arcade stick for Pokken, all NeoGeo games, and the Namco Mueseum

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i think its funny there's a perception of a zelda defense squad now when it used to be that zelda fans hated every zelda game except their favorite one that they played when they were 12

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
BotW is the best game on the switch up until Hollow Knight is released on it, at which point it will be a tie.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Never that long, but definitely up for a couple hours sometimes.

I guess I was confusing it with certain "rare" amiibo that have gotten restocks over the past few months.

But even with them it's like the same thing, don't lump the Switch and post-2014/2015 amiibo in with this Classic Mini bullshit.

Rufio
Feb 6, 2003

I'm smart! Not like everybody says... like dumb... I'm smart and I want respect!
Why don't people just buy the amiibo cards? Do you really have shelf space in your house for that bs?

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Rufio posted:

Why don't people just buy the amiibo cards? Do you really have shelf space in your house for that bs?

They're not a replacement for any amiibos, there's just also cards for animal crossing characters that weren't popular enough to be a figure (and by all accounts some of the ones that are figures probably should have just been cards based on how they didn't sell).

Unless you're talking about the thing that lets you create your own rfid tags.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
I'm a guy who likes a lot of zelda games, but can also dislike a fair share of them.

BOTW was fine, but I feel like people hate on it because it wasn't as colorful in terms of music and characters to something like Wind Waker.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rufio posted:

It's really not that much room.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

Rufio posted:

I plan on being entombed with my amiibo, if they released enough maybe the tomb will be made out of them. They will join me in the Gaming Afterlife.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Yeah, the thing I was going to add in the previous post but deleted because I thought it was too inflammatory was the thing that pissed me off the most among the Zelda acolytes were the shitheads who characterized dislike for the game as "We are free souls and more imaginative than those normies who do not get pleasure from exploration like we, the enlightened ones, do"
You're weird and probably shouldn't read internet posts anymore.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Can someone please make a Zelda Defence Squad gangtag?

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
TLoZ: Twilight Princess is the best Zelda.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Rexroom posted:

Please do not troll the switch thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Rexroom posted:

I prefer Majora's Mask.

• Locked thread