Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
george lucas was already worth around $2bil by the mid-90s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
gfdi every thread on sa eventually loops back to loving star wars

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Darkman Fanpage posted:

is it possible to learn this power?

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

Darkman Fanpage posted:

Make Alderaan Great Again: How the Rebel Alliance from the ‘Star Wars’ films explains the rise of Donald Trump and the Alt-Right

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
dafuq dudes and ladies.

can we loop back around to nazis again?

gently caress.

hey im a veteran yell at me for being an rear end in a top hat again.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

my favortie Star Wars monster was the deer butthole with teeth

Qu Appelle
Nov 3, 2005

"If a COVID-19 pandemic occurs, public health officials may have additional instructions, such as avoiding close contact with others as much as possible, and staying home if someone in your household is sick." - Official insights from Public Health: Seattle & King County staff

sneakyfrog posted:

dafuq dudes and ladies.

Okay :)

https://twitter.com/PamelaGeller/status/899765982381690881

Qu Appelle
Nov 3, 2005

"If a COVID-19 pandemic occurs, public health officials may have additional instructions, such as avoiding close contact with others as much as possible, and staying home if someone in your household is sick." - Official insights from Public Health: Seattle & King County staff

I'm gonna go run amok now.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Qu Appelle posted:

I'm gonna go run amok now.
Halal stamps fund my running amok.

augias
Apr 7, 2009

ah pre-war germany, notable for its strong left wing government

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Just change her captcha to "Did Srebrenica happen?"

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO
May 8, 2006

yoober posted:

are you for real? star wars is a billion dollar international corporate product now. its not even close to the same thing.

the original Star Wars movie pretty much invented merchandising while it also became the second highest grossing film of all time. they sold 40 million Star Wars action figures by the end of 1978. nothing like that had ever happened before and it's been a juggernaut since

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

yoober posted:

are you for real? star wars is a billion dollar international corporate product now. its not even close to the same thing.

yes

Lol
I appreciate the posts all calling you an idiot as well.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

sneakyfrog posted:

dafuq dudes and ladies.

gently caress.

hey im a veteran yell at me for being an rear end in a top hat again.

im going to call you a baby killer lol

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

EXACTLY like pre-war germany

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Darkman Fanpage posted:

EXACTLY like pre-war germany

her main complaint about pre-war Germany is that there were too many jews

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
lmao a loving objectivist whining about a corporation being mean to her

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Gellar may have been objectivist in the past but she's 100% into "Hitler but for Muslims" broke brain now. She's just a monster.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
lmao jesus she's a bosnian genocide denier

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Jeb! Repetition posted:

They really do weep a lot.

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Jesus, has this guy recently been on a tour of Willy Wonka's chocolate factory?

e: And that neon green hoodie isn't doing him any favors either.

IWW Online Branch has issued a correction as of 22:40 on Aug 22, 2017

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Darkman Fanpage posted:

lmao a loving objectivist whining about a corporation being mean to her

they never ever realize that anything other than a state actor could be oppressive

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

augias posted:

ah pre-war germany, notable for its strong left wing government

this is what they actually believe

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

adult children break down when they know they're in trouble

what if we practiced some :biotruths: and tested their brains for adolescent development

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Darkman Fanpage posted:

im going to call you a baby killer lol

:shrug: its true

im trying to be better.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

LGD posted:

Nazis were, uh, touched upon in the first two Captain America films

Wasn't the winter soldier about the dangers of letting fascist elements seize control of the surveillance state because they'll use it to exterminate 'undesirables'

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

zegermans posted:

Gellar may have been objectivist in the past but she's 100% into "Hitler but for Muslims" broke brain now. She's just a monster.

A=A :smuggo:

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Crane Fist posted:

Wasn't the winter soldier about the dangers of letting fascist elements seize control of the surveillance state because they'll use it to exterminate 'undesirables'

It's about how you need the surveillance state because it's the only way to beat the bad guys when they try to take it over. Also I guess millionaire Robert Downy Jr. gets to take it over in the end, so you know it's in good hands.

The Nolan batman is less fascist, and he's a critique of state power.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

"objectivism" has always been a sloppy post-facto justification of why being evil is actually ok

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators
Regarding prior discussions about the ties between white supremacists and militia movements, Mark Pitcavage has dropped an excellent Twitter thread discussing the topic:

https://twitter.com/egavactip/status/900118425468628992

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

zegermans posted:

never would have expected Buffy to sink this low.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

Regarding prior discussions about the ties between white supremacists and militia movements, Mark Pitcavage has dropped an excellent Twitter thread discussing the topic:

https://twitter.com/egavactip/status/900118425468628992

I'm not sure I get his point. Militia movements are not often true white supremacists but they are often anti-Semitic and anti-multiculturalism. They play in a lot of the same sandboxes as white supremacists.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Grand Prize Winner posted:

never would have expected Buffy to sink this low.

Redpilled by Fred from Scooby Doo.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

These incidents are broadly meaningless, but gently caress if they don't get me through the rough days.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

zegermans posted:

I feel bad for her because she just wanted to hate Muslims and advocate for their exclusion/eradication, but a bunch of Nazis came along it made it hot for all the other right wing extremists. Her established decade-long grift wiped out overnight by some cosplayers.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

business hammocks posted:

It's about how you need the surveillance state because it's the only way to beat the bad guys when they try to take it over. Also I guess millionaire Robert Downy Jr. gets to take it over in the end, so you know it's in good hands.

Oh poo poo really? I haven't actually watched it all the way through

Well now I look stupid

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Agag posted:

I feel bad for her because she just wanted to hate Muslims and advocate for their exclusion/eradication, but a bunch of Nazis came along it made it hot for all the other right wing extremists. Her established decade-long grift wiped out overnight by some cosplayers.

Im' still salty about the Park51 project

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

zegermans posted:

Im' still salty about the Park51 project

I don't think its cool that it will have a mosaic tile floor made out of bone chips from dead 9/11 firemen, but that's their beliefs and we have to respect that.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

business hammocks posted:

Nolan batman is "less fascist" in the sense that he's ur-fascist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Comic books are for children