Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

RCarr posted:

It's hard for me to believe that a grown man can collapse to the ground in tears, after walking off the field and into the tunnel, over an injury that isn't a big deal. I know he's a drama queen, but come on.

I still think it's going to be revealed that it's something more serious.

He's not a grown man. Isn't he like 23?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
I definitely think OBJ is bitchmade, but part of it could have been relief that he didn't die/gently caress his knee up on that tackle.

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

RCarr posted:

It's hard for me to believe that a grown man can collapse to the ground in tears, after walking off the field and into the tunnel, over an injury that isn't a big deal. I know he's a drama queen, but come on.

I still think it's going to be revealed that it's something more serious.

Looked to me like the kneeling down in the tunnel was more him being pissed off/scared that he got hurt, right before that he was walking ok with a slight limp and then came back out on the field without the uniform shortly after

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
And then dude straight jogs into the locker room after the game is over.

https://twitter.com/tomrock_newsday/status/899828796253241348

He's fine most likely

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
He's bitchmade.

Side note, Sleeperbot says there's still no timetable on Luck's return. I just drafted TY in the late 3rddddd, come onnnnnn

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

89 posted:

He's not a grown man. Isn't he like 23?

drat, he's probably going to be like 7 feet tall when he's done!

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I need to fill one more roster spot and I can off the waiver wire. I do have Mark Ingram. Who would you rather have in 0.3 PPR?

Alvin Kamara
Randall Cobb
James White (I have Burkhead)

This would come at the expense of Jonathan Williams (I have McCoy), Burkhead, or Rishard Matthews.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Fall luck fall luck fall

There's plenty of qb15s I can plug in waiting for him to get back up to speed

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Side note, never played in a 0 PPR league before. Standard settings with a flex. RB heavy, yeah? I'm 12th out of 12 pick though 🙄

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I need some help deciding my third keeper. Currently I have OBJ in the first (after seeing that his injury isn't serious I am ok with this now) and DJ in the sixth (lol).

I'm just gonna post this screenshot for scoring because it's kinda weird

The rest of the scoring is pretty normal.

Debating between (in order of how I'm leaning):
Tyreek (7)
Gurley (5)
Jameis (13)
Dak (14)

Kept players cost one slot higher than the round you drafted them in (undrafted waiver wire guys cost a seventh) but you can keep your first round pick for a first so the chances of me getting anyone better than OBJ in the first are almost nil, even if I draw the first pick.

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Aug 22, 2017

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

89 posted:

Side note, never played in a 0 PPR league before. Standard settings with a flex. RB heavy, yeah? I'm 12th out of 12 pick though 🙄

WRs drop in relation to RB, though I think Julio and AB would go in the first still. Guys who get more passes than yards drop off as well. Fitz is a notable example, top 5 in receptions last year, doesn't make the top 20 in yards. Grab a cheat sheet, really.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Julio and AB absolutely go in the first in a 12 team 0 ppr league. Other receivers as well. You're overthinking the value difference.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

quote:

Colts coach Chuck Pagano said there's still no "timeline" for Andrew Luck's (shoulder) return.

Per Stephen Holder of the Indy Star, the Colts have just two practices next week and four the week after before heading off to Los Angeles for Week 1 against the Rams. That means that even if Luck is activated off PUP in the next week, he'll have just six practices to shake off the rust before the regular season gets underway. Simply put, Luck is running out of time. Mike Chapell of IndySportsCentral "doubts" Luck will be ready for Week 1 while suggesting Week 3 against Cleveland as a more realistic timeframe. None of this comes as good news for fantasy owners invested in Luck, T.Y. Hilton, Donte Moncrief or Jack Doyle.

With this in mind, I'm feeling compelled to have a backup plan for Luck. Carr is curiously still on the WW and I want to pick him up now. Who would you drop in a half PPR league:

John Brown
James White
DeAndre Washington
CJ Prosise
Rex Burkhead

Team is currently:
QB: Luck
RB: Gurley, Riddick, Rawls, White, Washington, Prosise, Burkhead
WR: Julio, Cooper, Diggs, John Brown
TE: Kelce

I'm leaning towards Washington, who would only have value if Lynch goes down. Thoughts?

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

VietCampo posted:

And then dude straight jogs into the locker room after the game is over.

https://twitter.com/tomrock_newsday/status/899828796253241348

He's fine most likely

I sprained my ankle last night. It didn't start sucking really bad until 4-5 hours later.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

With this in mind, I'm feeling compelled to have a backup plan for Luck. Carr is curiously still on the WW and I want to pick him up now. Who would you drop in a half PPR league:

John Brown
James White
DeAndre Washington
CJ Prosise
Rex Burkhead

Team is currently:
QB: Luck
RB: Gurley, Riddick, Rawls, White, Washington, Prosise, Burkhead
WR: Julio, Cooper, Diggs, John Brown
TE: Kelce

I'm leaning towards Washington, who would only have value if Lynch goes down. Thoughts?

Definitely Washington. Lynch goes down and Washington still has Jalen Richard to split carries with.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

RCarr posted:

Julio and AB absolutely go in the first in a 12 team 0 ppr league. Other receivers as well. You're overthinking the value difference.

Yeah, that's true. I think there's more of a gap between those two and the guys behind them though.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Marshmallow Blue posted:

I sprained my ankle last night. It didn't start sucking really bad until 4-5 hours later.

I've absolutely destroyed my ankle after rolling it playing basketball. Like, my entire foot, heel to toe, turning black from all the internal bleeding, crutches for almost a month, swollen to larger-than-a-grapefruit size. Believe it or not, I didn't lay on the ground crying. Dude's a bitch.

(I'm a Giants fan)

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

pubic works project posted:

Definitely Washington. Lynch goes down and Washington still has Jalen Richard to split carries with.

Done. Thanks for verifying I'm not crazy.

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

IcePhoenix posted:

I need some help deciding my third keeper. Currently I have OBJ in the first (after seeing that his injury isn't serious I am ok with this now) and DJ in the sixth (lol).

I'm just gonna post this screenshot for scoring because it's kinda weird

The rest of the scoring is pretty normal.

Debating between (in order of how I'm leaning):
Tyreek (7)
Gurley (5)
Jameis (13)
Dak (14)

Kept players cost one slot higher than the round you drafted them in (undrafted waiver wire guys cost a seventh) but you can keep your first round pick for a first so the chances of me getting anyone better than OBJ in the first are almost nil, even if I draw the first pick.

The gently caress kind of bonuses are these?

A guy runs for 99 yards for 9.9 points and one guy runs 1 more yard and gets 20? My league has bonuses too but not to that extreme. With those bonuses, I would keep Gurly. Highest ceiling imo.

ROFL - If any RB or WR goes over 200 yards the game is just over.

200 yards = 45 points. That's ludicrous.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Do that quickly. Carr shouldn't be unowned. Even if Luck was healthy I'd do this simply so an opponent couldn't have him.

What QB's are owned over Carr? Big Ben? Dak? That's terrible.

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

RCarr posted:

I've absolutely destroyed my ankle after rolling it playing basketball. Like, my entire foot, heel to toe, turning black from all the internal bleeding, crutches for almost a month, swollen to larger-than-a-grapefruit size. Believe it or not, I didn't lay on the ground crying. Dude's a bitch.

(I'm a Giants fan)

No time to bitch when your toddler is riding off into the sunset on a Power Wheels.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

coronaball posted:

Do that quickly. Carr shouldn't be unowned. Even if Luck was healthy I'd do this simply so an opponent couldn't have him.

What QB's are owned over Carr? Big Ben? Dak? That's terrible.

The following QBs were drafted ahead of Carr: Rodgers, Ryan, Brees, Luck, Cousins, Prescott, Stafford, Taylor, Wilson, Dalton, Mariota, Brady, Winston, and Newton.

Had I known that would happen I would have never drafted Luck.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

Spoeank posted:

Fall luck fall luck fall

There's plenty of qb15s I can plug in waiting for him to get back up to speed

I got him in the 8th and my "starter" until he comes back is Tyrod. I still feel confident since the Bills at least should try in the first few games before they totally tank.

Besides I have nothing better to choose from...

Alfalfa fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Aug 22, 2017

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Marshmallow Blue posted:

Yea, but you probably also don't have a team doctor and various coaches that would most likely tell you not to jog around if it was really that serious.

I mean sure he'd be dumb enough not to listen but doubtful.

ib4tornacl

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Alfalfa posted:

I got him in the 8th and my "starter" until he comes back is Tyrod. I still feel confident since the Bills at least should try in the first few games before they totally tank.

Besides I have nothing better to choose from...

I would quickly start Cutler or Bradford over Taylor, at this point. Buffalo hates him and hates winning, like literally they are tanking the season.

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

RCarr posted:

(I'm a Giants fan)

Yeah I broke the off the end of my fibula and tore all of the ligaments, completely internally detaching my foot from my leg (skin intact), and I didn't cry. Although I'll admit I was definitely in shock when it happened.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

CompeAnansi posted:

Yeah I broke the off the end of my fibula and tore all of the ligaments, completely internally detaching my foot from my leg (skin intact), and I didn't cry. Although I'll admit I was definitely in shock when it happened.

4hr surgery for the same thing. Bone was coming out of the skin till I pushed it back in and straightened my foot out from pointing backwards.

No crying because I am a better specimen of man than OBJ in every conceivable way.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
I've never broken a bone and would cry like a baby if I did, just like Odell

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

The following QBs were drafted ahead of Carr: Rodgers, Ryan, Brees, Luck, Cousins, Prescott, Stafford, Taylor, Wilson, Dalton, Mariota, Brady, Winston, and Newton.

Drafting Luck was still absolutely the right move. You just needed to make sure you have insurance. Luck can be a championship piece. Luckily for you, Carr could be one too, because the rest of your league is dumb. :v:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

RisqueBarber posted:

The gently caress kind of bonuses are these?

A guy runs for 99 yards for 9.9 points and one guy runs 1 more yard and gets 20? My league has bonuses too but not to that extreme. With those bonuses, I would keep Gurly. Highest ceiling imo.

ROFL - If any RB or WR goes over 200 yards the game is just over.

200 yards = 45 points. That's ludicrous.

Yeah, they're stupid, but I'm not really in any position to complain about it. I think in one of my playoff matchups I could have benched literally everyone except OBJ and DJ and still won.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Sataere posted:

Drafting Luck was still absolutely the right move. You just needed to make sure you have insurance. Luck can be a championship piece. Luckily for you, Carr could be one too, because the rest of your league is dumb. :v:

They actually draft pretty well. Not sure why Carr wasn't picked up, but I'm not complaining.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

drat, QB is stacked this year.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

SouthShoreSamurai posted:

drat, QB is stacked this year.

It really is. And that doesn't include players with high potential, like Jared Goff.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

What's everyone's thoughts on Carson Wentz? I got stuck with him in my work league and I'm just wary on relying on him.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

What's everyone's thoughts on Carson Wentz? I got stuck with him in my work league and I'm just wary on relying on him.

As a QB1? Not exactly a starter but certainly the potential exists with his line and weapons. Last year he had the second most drops, which played a big role in why he only had one Top 10 finish. Overall I would say you could do worse, but I'm surprised you can't do better.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

As a QB1? Not exactly a starter but certainly the potential exists with his line and weapons. Last year he had the second most drops, which played a big role in why he only had one Top 10 finish. Overall I would say you could do worse, but I'm surprised you can't do better.

It was a 14 team auction league and everyone was snagging two QBs.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

It was a 14 team auction league and everyone was snagging two QBs.

I fully expect this to happen tomorrow in my money league.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Here are some Wentz feel goods:

"Wentz started off his NFL career on a roll, throwing for 1,007 yards with a 7:1 TD:INT ratio in his first four games. He was on pace to be a backend fantasy QB1 before he lost Left Tackle Lane Johnson for ten games due to suspension. In those ten games, Wentz had six touchdowns and twelve interceptions, and was an absolute mess. He regained his positive TD:INT ratio in the last two games upon Johnson’s return. Wentz did well with a protected blindside. He now has Alshon Jeffery and Torrey Smith at his disposal, with Nelson Agholor taking over for Jordan Matthews in a massively overhauled receiving corps."

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Spoeank posted:

Here are some Wentz feel goods:

"Wentz started off his NFL career on a roll, throwing for 1,007 yards with a 7:1 TD:INT ratio in his first four games. He was on pace to be a backend fantasy QB1 before he lost Left Tackle Lane Johnson for ten games due to suspension. In those ten games, Wentz had six touchdowns and twelve interceptions, and was an absolute mess. He regained his positive TD:INT ratio in the last two games upon Johnson’s return. Wentz did well with a protected blindside. He now has Alshon Jeffery and Torrey Smith at his disposal, with Nelson Agholor taking over for Jordan Matthews in a massively overhauled receiving corps."

Unless he did a Freaky Friday swap with Jason Peters, Lane Johnson doesn't play LT.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Why the gently caress did I write that like he played LT.

I know he plays RT. :psyduck:

Either way Wentz line good Wentz play good Wentz line bad Wentz play bad

• Locked thread