Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
Have you tried not playing DnD

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Serf posted:

they made this. it was called the book of nine swords and it ruled. made being a fighter actually good.

they built that into the basis of 4e and it ruled

also what out of combat mechanics was 4e missing

skill challenges werent nearly as robust or interesting as combat and you cant even pretend they were

contrast that poo poo w agon or reign

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

4e shouldnt even have had a skill system

maaaaybe a background/profession one, but not a list of skills w yr # rating for each

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

reignonyourparade posted:

Have you tried not playing DnD

Hello /tg/ Support line have you tried not playing dnd

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Squizzle posted:

skill challenges werent nearly as robust or interesting as combat and you cant even pretend they were

there's a bit of a difference in acknowledging the flaws in 4E's implementation of skill challenges and pretending that previous editions and 5E had better (or even equivalent) rules for handling such things

as long as we're edition warring I'd say the average "4venger" has much better odds of knowing other RPGs exist and being able to appreciate their various strengths and weaknesses than unironic fans of 3.x or 5e

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://mobile.twitter.com/daveweigel/status/900115817261662210

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

huh, who could've ever predicted that bad-dem incumbents would only give lip servide to medicare-for-all to avoid primary challenges?

quote:

quote:

Short version is this: As you know, "Medicare for All" is language that can either refer to Medicare as a public option or Medicare as a vehicle for single payer. It's intentionally confusing (my DC consultants advised me to use this language, and I told them I wanted to be very clear about where I stood). The language below (including talking about Medicare for All in the context of "access to health care for all" and "improving on the successes of the ACA") sounds consistent with the public option version of Medicare For All and not a single payer approach.

He was referring to his opponent's notice. On a follow up phone call he went on and on about the DCCC and their associated consultants are telling their candidates to say whatever it takes to trick Democratic primary voters. Admirably, he refuses but he's one of the few who is refusing. So now, I guess, we have to ask candidates for fuller explanations about why they're for Medicare-For-All and if they will pledge to co-sponsor John Conyers' Medicare-For-All legislation, H.R. 676, as 116 House Democrats have, the most recent being the just-elected Jimmy Gomez, who won a special election in Los Angeles this summer, beating a conservative "ex"-Republican.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Relevant Tangent posted:

Surely killing our natural allies will make us stronger when the fascists come for us!

who are "our" natural allies

Serf
May 5, 2011

Squizzle posted:

yeah but that's a d&d issue, not a 4e issue

personally now that i've seen 13th age's backgrounds, fae's approaches and blades in the dark's clocks i'll never go back to skills again

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

loquacius posted:

I also have less of a dog in this fight because my go-to class in 3e was rogue and rogues are always the best

Rogues 4 life. :respek:

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Squizzle posted:

is yr av from a dark ages vampire book

Yes. Its the picture that coined the term "fish-malk"

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE
How come when a male president invades a country nobody says anything but Hillary does it and all of a sudden everyone's anti-war??

Khaleesi Clinton will rain fire down upon those loving terrorists :swoon:

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

Bernie thinks the WMD is nothing but a story made up by wet nurses to frighten children, no worse than grumkins or snarks

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat
I like how you all are stumbling over yourselves to prove which system is better. Much like establishment dems, you can't see that the systems are fundamentally flawed due primarily to the entrenched class divisions.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

but his emails

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

am i the only person who would never even think to use their personal email for work stuff? that's weird as hell

Zhulik
Nov 14, 2012

The Montreal Star
All d&d is bad, but the best class in every edition of it is actually Bard.

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

Zhulik posted:

All d&d is bad, but the best class in every edition of it is actually Bard.

which was introduced in........... adnd 1st edition. huh

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Corky Romanovsky posted:

I like how you all are stumbling over yourselves to prove which system is better. Much like establishment dems, you can't see that the systems are fundamentally flawed due primarily to the entrenched class divisions.

what games even do classless progression that well? vagrant story? though you can't exactly specialize in magic, you can get a bit more mp and spells but it's just a bonus to chain combat

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Corky Romanovsky posted:

The class system is not the problem with d&d.

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

:yikes:

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

mutants and mastermind no classes

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat
Generic
Universal
Role
Playing
System

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
What's the Marvel vs Capcom 2 of tabletop RPGs?

AstheWorldWorlds
May 4, 2011

punk rebel ecks posted:

What's the Marvel vs Capcom 2 of tabletop RPGs?

Munchkin

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

The class system is not the problem with d&d.

It's not THE problem because DnD has many problems, but it is like 9/10s of the problems.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

reignonyourparade posted:

It's not THE problem because DnD has many problems, but it is like 9/10s of the problems.

Sounds like you should play a different game, tbqh.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

I think I figured out how Trump won - ICE was on his side.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

ok then whats super smash bros

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
What's everybody's opinions on barbecue?

AstheWorldWorlds
May 4, 2011

Shear Modulus posted:

ok then whats super smash bros

Playing with action figures.

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

here are 2 opinion on barbeque:

1. apparently in australasia, bbq is just a generic term for putting meat on a grill. this is dumb and bad

2. bbq sauce is mustard/vinegar based

thanks

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Thoguh posted:

I'm generally for it

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Calibanibal posted:

here are 2 opinion on barbeque:

1. apparently in australasia, bbq is just a generic term for putting meat on a grill. this is dumb and bad

2. bbq sauce is mustard/vinegar based

thanks

oh THAT'S why aussies get all weird about BBQ being an american invention.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

LGD posted:

I'm generally for it

What style is best?

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Thoguh posted:

What style is best?

honestly I don't have a strong enough regional preference to call something "the best", it's really about what I'm in the mood for and the actual execution

Alabama-style is unambiguously the worst though

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Thoguh posted:

carolina style supremacy

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

zeal posted:

carolina style supremacy

north and south carolina are very different...

Pinbacker
May 7, 2007
I enjoy barbecue, including my own local regional variety

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
south carolina obv

brisket w/ mustard sauce forever

• Locked thread