Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dejawesp
Jan 8, 2017

You have to follow the beat!

sexy mouse posted:

finally woke up my dk. is it worth it to upgrade the blue weapon or should I just use the +10 green it comes with. I'll probably never get to the point where I get a dande or have enough money to snipe one

Sell the blue, throw away the green and buy a pri weapon right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stump collector
May 28, 2007
I used the green +10 until I could buy a duo ultimate blue

TVDinna
Feb 17, 2013
Reminder to please set your names in Discord to match your in game name. Doesn't matter if it's family or character, although family is preferable since most people display family name in chat these days.
Going to kick everyone in discord that I don't recognize in a couple days.

Also, these new accessories make it a good time to be new and catch up. Tons of welfare stuff going on and 580mil is all you need to get full DUO green gear and the 2 blue weapons (which will get you about 400 GS). Let's you do p much all the content around although still a little dangerous if you're not careful.

TVDinna
Feb 17, 2013
End of September will be the big Discord purge. Please remember to set your name in Discord to your IGNs.

Also, for those that weren't around in guild chat, we're going to start recruiting pubs so we can man up the guild for doing some node wars.
GS doesn't matter as much as them not being a giant poo poo lord. With the new Asula set, it literally takes 1 month to get 400 GS.

If you're partying with pubs for a grind group or have any interactions with any, please keep an eye out to see if they're unguilded or a small no name guild.
Time to Make Goons Great Again.

Also, this will mean changes to payouts as well. Currently, I've been going off a 100k activity bar between contracts to gauge the payouts, but if we add mouths, it'll mean we'll lower the payouts for everyone. Again, this will be a fluid change as needed to maintain the guild bank at a decent level.

Ramba Ral
Feb 18, 2009

"The basis of the Juche Idea is that man is the master of all things and the decisive factor in everything."
- Kim Il-Sung
So does that mean you'll be doing recruitment posts in server chat? :v:

Dejawesp
Jan 8, 2017

Ramba Ral posted:

So does that mean you'll be doing recruitment posts in server chat? :v:

"We offer goodposts and all the :catdrugs: you can eat"

TVDinna
Feb 17, 2013
Not going to do recruitment spam, but going to clean up the in game guild page a little bit.

Also kicked a bunch of people from Discord. If you had your name set as in game name of some sort already, I apologize. Just rejoin.

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

I tried out Black Desert Online for a bit. I spent a while toggling off all the system messages that were flashing about other players' achievements. The Chat window was being flooded with dozens of system notifications about trading, when I wanted to only hear messages from players in the vicinity. So I spent a while toggling off UI elements. It was annoying that I couldn't adjust my UI until after completing the tutorial, and it doesn't make this obvious, it just makes the UI button in the start menu do nothing. The Black Sprite is a lot worse than Clippy and I was disappointed to find out that it's nearly the only source of quest material, but I should have expected that from the words "sandbox game". I keep looking for things that aren't there, like a way to show NPC vendor types on the world map, only to realize after a while of trying that there's no way to do that.

The upsides are that the game has the best graphics of any I've ever seen, I like that they made objects climbable and NPCs have shove animations like in Assassin's Creed, and it's nice that all the NPCs have something to say like in Final Fantasy games. I wish the NPC voiced dialog were the same as the NPC text dialog so there'd be closed captioning, though. It also has the most versatile character creator and a fun, unique form of combat.

galenanorth fucked around with this message at 07:11 on Sep 14, 2017

Cheap Shot
Aug 15, 2006

Help BIP learn gun?

galenanorth posted:

I keep looking for things that aren't there, like a way to show NPC vendor types on the world map, only to realize after a while of trying that there's no way to do that.

Next to the minimap there's a little magnifying glass symbol and if you click it it shows you a list of NPC types. Clicking one will set an auto path point to the nearest one and pressing T will auto run (or ride if you're on a horse) you to them.

Sometimes things are hidden under many layers of korea, or they exist, but in some completely absurd form. It's a confusing confusing game. I'm really enjoying it, but some of the systems and design decisions make me want to bash my head in.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
There are a lot of things that doesn't make a lot of sense, for example how you are unable to hire workers if your inventory is full (This is because you buy a worker item, which get auto consumed from your inventory, so you need to have an open space in your inventory)

Most of these features are annoying but they are not there for malicious purposes, the game is just programmed a bit impractical.

BDO is a fun game, the grind is real but if you just ignore the community and "what is the best class?" and just enjoy the ride there is a lot of fun to be had. I have tried going back to other MMOs after having played BDO (e.g. WoW, GW2, FFXIV) and everything about those games feels so archaic after having played BDO. I hope that the BDO combat system in particular is how MMOs will be designed from now on.

TVDinna
Feb 17, 2013
Guild boat is to be stored/staged in Epheria for easy access for the Smokey Chromis guild fishing mission. A significant chunk of the guild can take it out and use it but please make sure it goes back.
Someone took the guild boat out and just left it in Veila without putting it back into the dock.
Don't be that guy who ruins a good thing for everyone else.

Also, guild payout structure will be changing slightly with the following change:
Anyone with less than 10k activity since last renewal will be set at 1 mil daily payout.
3mil for active players but under the 100k activity mark.
5mil for the 100k+ activity players.
Also considering changing the 100k benchmark to be a little higher.

Goal is to promote activity by rewarding with more payouts and maintain the guild bank to not get taxed.

TVDinna fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Sep 17, 2017

Dejawesp
Jan 8, 2017

Advice I was given as a new player but ignored because I'm dumb:

Save your weapon stones
Save your armor stones
Save your memory fragments

One day you will need them.

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Anyone got one of those referral codes? I think I got pretty close to 30 before my trial ended.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

Stuntman posted:

Anyone got one of those referral codes? I think I got pretty close to 30 before my trial ended.

Assuming this is the person that asked in discord, I got this

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Just reinstalled and holy poo poo there's so much spam right in your face.

Is the guild still on Calpheon?

dkj fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Sep 18, 2017

stump collector
May 28, 2007
serendia 4

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

I was able to login with the same character on Serendia 4. Are there any limitations to playing a character on a server it wasnt orignally created on?

Cheap Shot
Aug 15, 2006

Help BIP learn gun?

dkj posted:

I was able to login with the same character on Serendia 4. Are there any limitations to playing a character on a server it wasnt orignally created on?

Nope. One love baby.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).

Dejawesp posted:

Advice I was given as a new player but ignored because I'm dumb:

Save your weapon stones
Save your armor stones
Save your memory fragments

One day you will need them.

Save all boss items you might be lucky enough to get from login/event rewards (this includes ogre ring, while technically not a boss item)
Save all hard/sharp fragments and their upgraded items
Save all logs and rough stones, these can only be gotten manually and not from workers and are worth A LOT more than the ~650 they apparently sell for on the market. (i had to pay 20k per rough stone to get any from my previous preorder)
Save all weapon/armor reform stones
Save those orange, expensive, black spirit stones you might get from login/event rewards
Save lucky magic gathering tools (The ones with a "blue mist" around the icon), these sell for a pittance but are nigh impossible to get when you do need them

TLDR; save everything that you cannot use workers to gather

wellwhoopdedooo
Nov 23, 2007

Pound Trooper!
Saw the boob I mean character creator, started download.

Skimmed the rest of the OP, looks pretty standard. I'll read it closely during boring scenes, and decide where to go from there ... unless! If somebody has a post they can link to or something, maybe titled "how to get over the learning curve and not sell incredibly important stuff you can't use yet or hoard small healing potions", that'd be pretty cool. Anyway see ya in tomorrow or next month or never!

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

wellwhoopdedooo posted:

Skimmed the rest of the OP, looks pretty standard. I'll read it closely during boring scenes, and decide where to go from there ... unless! If somebody has a post they can link to or something, maybe titled "how to get over the learning curve and not sell incredibly important stuff you can't use yet or hoard small healing potions", that'd be pretty cool. Anyway see ya in tomorrow or next month or never!

There's a Wikipedia for it. I currently have no idea what to do so I'm just questing and grinding and I'll figure the rest out later.

Also if you press T while you have a waypoint you will autorun to it.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

wellwhoopdedooo posted:

Join discord.

Any time you think it would be fun to do anything in BDO ask first in discord so Yutaka can tell you how stupid you are for doing whatever you thought was a good idea.

This will get you to endgame.

Dejawesp
Jan 8, 2017

Poke me on discord if you want free buff food and such for your character. The game gives you "health xp" from eating which causes health level ups and that increases your max HP/MP so just gobble all the food you can get.

wellwhoopdedooo
Nov 23, 2007

Pound Trooper!

Dejawesp posted:

Poke me on discord if you want free buff food and such for your character. The game gives you "health xp" from eating which causes health level ups and that increases your max HP/MP so just gobble all the food you can get.

god dammit i want a game with belly and jowel physics for gobbling everything in sight and I want it to be this game

just floatin around harkkonen style

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Are any of those DLC packs on steam worth grabbing at 40% off?

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

ugh its Troika posted:

Aren't those just the game and the corresponding premium packages?

Cheap Shot
Aug 15, 2006

Help BIP learn gun?

ugh its Troika posted:

Not terribly no. Explorers is a little less useless than the Travelers cause you get a permanent horse flute. It's a good time for current players to buy it for others tho, and get referral rewards.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

If you plan on actually playing the game, the top package is a good buy even if you only care about a couple of the items

Malthuras
Feb 23, 2012

Go away
i'm still sad about this game it had such potential...I think I have my wizard somewhere still.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Is it possible to steal and/or kill people's horses in this game?

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

You can kill them either by flagging up or dragging mobs onto a parked one

Cheap Shot
Aug 15, 2006

Help BIP learn gun?

Drythe posted:

You can kill them either by flagging up or dragging mobs onto a parked one

Do the latter.

PadreScout
Mar 14, 2008

Dejawesp posted:

I think my RPG barbie might be jewish :ohdear:

Edit: Or a satanist. I'm not well read on the directions.

Beep, beep - all about the orange train!

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
oh hey you can make yourself look like a xena warrior princess character :haw:

Dejawesp
Jan 8, 2017

PadreScout posted:

Beep, beep - all about the orange train!

Sadly way out of date now.

PadreScout
Mar 14, 2008
Wow. It's like high fashions meets demon possession. Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn , eh what, sport?

Dejawesp
Jan 8, 2017

PadreScout posted:

Wow. It's like high fashions meets demon possession. Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn , eh what, sport?

Hah thanks. It's actually a kitty face mask tattoo turned sideways with 100% color density and then inverted slightly.

You have to work with what you got!

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

cool idea! as much as you can fiddle with the character's looks, it sucked that most of the transmog stuff was cash shop only. like, I was hoping I could endlessly grind areas for specific outfits, but afaik that's not in the game.

J
Jun 10, 2001

mike12345 posted:

I was hoping I could endlessly grind areas for specific outfits, but afaik that's not in the game.

Yeah, it's not. This game actually really sucks for playing dress up unless you're willing to buy cash shop outfits. Technically you can buy outfits off the market for silver but you have to get really lucky to win the bid. Without an outfit most gear in this game has you looking like a homeless person.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

J posted:

Yeah, it's not. This game actually really sucks for playing dress up unless you're willing to buy cash shop outfits. Technically you can buy outfits off the market for silver but you have to get really lucky to win the bid. Without an outfit most gear in this game has you looking like a homeless person.

You don't have to be that lucky compared to most other cash shop items, but you're probably not going to win on the first try