Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
accipter
Sep 12, 2003

BIFF! posted:

So I played with some nerd named Xfactor last night who's apparently some youtuber/streamer. I accidentally TKed him from a car. Can anyone figure out how the heck I shot him? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEjijMjy51g

Hit boxes in cars are also massive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004

Lol.i halbve already saod i inferno circstances wanttpgback

accipter posted:

Hit boxes in cars are also massive.

Really? Trying to shoot a motherfucker out of a car feels harder than threading the eye of a needle with a drat camel. I can see blood coming off but I never seal the deal.

Maluco Marinero
Jan 18, 2001

Damn that's a
fine elephant.

NerdyMcNerdNerd posted:

Really? Trying to shoot a motherfucker out of a car feels harder than threading the eye of a needle with a drat camel. I can see blood coming off but I never seal the deal.

https://clips.twitch.tv/SneakyLazyEchidnaKlappa?tt_medium=clips_api&tt_content=url

Just shoot if chocotaco is anyone to go by. If you get plenty of practice spraying them down, and you've got enough ammo, then it can be a practically uncontested kill.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
Sorry about your impending ban, Biff.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008
Has it been confirmed whether or not the gamescom crates will disappear or if keys will be available after the event ends?

Edit:

quote:

Once Gamescom is complete, on August 27th, the Gamescom Invitational Crate will be no longer available and removed from the game. We will then return to the free-to-open system. The Gamescom Invitational Crate, Wanderer Crate and Survivor Crate will be tradeable on the Steam Community Market going forward. Keys for a Gamescom Invitational Crate purchased on the Steam Community Market will still be available to purchase in-game.
Source: http://steamcommunity.com/games/578080/announcements/detail/1438189263188767278

lohli fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Aug 23, 2017

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
Is anyone else getting this particularly aggravating bug?

Basically, PUBG will lock up and you have to kill the task. This doesn't, however, kill all the tasks (there's three associated with PUBG) and one of them can't be terminated. So, you need to restart your whole computer because Steam won't let you re-open PUBG until that task is gone.

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

ken park is my favorite movie

Cybernetic Crumb

Milky Moor posted:

Is anyone else getting this particularly aggravating bug?

Basically, PUBG will lock up and you have to kill the task. This doesn't, however, kill all the tasks (there's three associated with PUBG) and one of them can't be terminated. So, you need to restart your whole computer because Steam won't let you re-open PUBG until that task is gone.

PUBG is the only app I've run on my machine in the last 10 years that requires me to regularly have to use the physical restart button my computer. It locks up so hard for me ctrl+alt+del doesn't even work.

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004

fletcher posted:

PUBG is the only app I've run on my machine in the last 10 years that requires me to regularly have to use the physical restart button my computer. It locks up so hard for me ctrl+alt+del doesn't even work.

When it does lock up for me or fails to load or whatever, all I can do is sign out of my Windows account and log back into my computer. It cannot be killed in task manager.

I love this game but gently caress I wish it worked better.

Dollas
Sep 16, 2007

$$$$$$$$$
Clapping Larry
Those of you with that lock up problem, I have had success using windows key+tab to open a new desktop and killing the pubg process there and then going back.

Confer
Feb 28, 2017

NerdyMcNerdNerd posted:

I feel the same way except with a motorcycle. That poo poo is hard as gently caress to hit if they're moving at full speed.

accipter
Sep 12, 2003

fletcher posted:

Same here, and I am on a nearly clean install of Windows. It's quite frustrating.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Set task manager to always on top

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
holy poo poo this network lag detected thing is probably the most annoying issue i've run into in a game in years, I just love getting the drop on someone and getting a single shot off before my entire game freezes and I feed them a free kill

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

lohli posted:

Has it been confirmed whether or not the gamescom crates will disappear or if keys will be available after the event ends?

Edit:

Source: http://steamcommunity.com/games/578080/announcements/detail/1438189263188767278

They can't take things like that out of your inventory. They'd get sued pretty quickly. They can just stop distributing them.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

I finally got to experience Crayola-Vision™

Someone else dropped at the top of prison with me. I guess this game mode also lets you glitch through walls so i did that- grabbed an UMP- then glitched right back out and shot them. The game was entirely unplayable as I was lagging around everywhere so after someone further down shot me a few times I just jumped off the cliff to end it. C- could use work but I could see this mode catching on.

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004

Driving a motorcycle in FPP is the most engaging horror game I have ever played :stonk:

Rex-Goliath posted:

I finally got to experience Crayola-Vision™

Someone else dropped at the top of prison with me. I guess this game mode also lets you glitch through walls so i did that- grabbed an UMP- then glitched right back out and shot them. The game was entirely unplayable as I was lagging around everywhere so after someone further down shot me a few times I just jumped off the cliff to end it. C- could use work but I could see this mode catching on.

I get this a lot more often than I'd like in FPP. It's less frequent in 3PP by a large margin, but still annoying. Game runs fine most of the time but that first minute or so can just go to poo poo sometimes, which means I'm dropping into the sticks more often than not. Real shame, because I've had a few drop-in fights around the school when the game decided to actually load and it was a lot of fun.

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell

NerdyMcNerdNerd posted:

Driving a motorcycle in FPP is the most engaging horror game I have ever played :stonk:

I only drive motorcycles in FPP if I am desperate, and even then I drive like I'm 85 years old

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM
Accidentally found a dead guys crate in a bush I was hiding at and contained therein was a mk14 and 8x. About 25 people left in duo fpp. Much chicken was had.

That kind of luck will never find me again.

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004

Sir DonkeyPunch posted:

I only drive motorcycles in FPP if I am desperate, and even then I drive like I'm 85 years old

I was riding around on one with a sidecar and I was forced to Go Fast because assholes were shooting at me. Fell into a roadside ditch, accelerated going up the other side- oh gently caress I'm airborne gently caress I'm spinning sideways why is this happening

As I was barrel-rolling over the road, the motorcycle dumped me into the path of an oncoming car and I died. The car didn't even stop. Motherfucking motorcycles.

Linstar
Apr 21, 2010

VulgarandStupid posted:

They can't take things like that out of your inventory. They'd get sued pretty quickly. They can just stop distributing them.

Aye, very famous example is the m4a4 howl skin from cs:go. They found out the image was skin creator stole the art so they couldn't sell anymore. They just stopped distributing it so the ones in circulation are worth a lot.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Motorcycles are really fun in fpp

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

They really are.

I just did a thing with one
https://gfycat.com/FearlessBareIggypops

how do I embed that?

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
add .mp4 to the end of the link, and "giant", "fat", "small", "tiny" or "zippy" in front of the url depending on the size you want

So your link with the fastest load time is

code:
https://tiny.gfycat.com/FearlessBareIggypops.mp4
To get this:

https://tiny.gfycat.com/FearlessBareIggypops.mp4

It still looks huge on my screen but I think it's the lowest file size there

Also that kill was loving sweet

Memento fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Aug 23, 2017

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Sweet, you killed not only that guy but the whole page formatting.

succ
Nov 11, 2016

by Cyrano4747
this owns, gently caress grimmz

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wv-c0Libe-k

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

amazing

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

imagining being so mad at people honking a horn that you try to get them banned for interrupting your sicknasty twitch superstar career and becoming very depressed

Oovee
Jun 21, 2007

No life king.

Beautiful video, I feel inspired.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
Grimmz is a bitch, Ninja is a cry baby. Doc just takes it all in his stride and doesn't give a poo poo. lol at all the cry babies in the comments too :allears:

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Doc gets pretty mad in the epilogue

all streamers suck, put them against the wall

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell
I like everyone who is all "conflicted" about it.

a big whiny child posted:

this is so funny but I hate the idea of stream sniping

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Sir DonkeyPunch posted:

I like everyone who is all "conflicted" about it.

Hes just an Ethical Gamer.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.

Unfunny Poster posted:

Sweet, you killed not only that guy but the whole page formatting.

Keep posting gfys they're the only good part of the forums anymore.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf
Is there a preferred, updated loot map? Most interested in car spawns.

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

Memento posted:

add .mp4 to the end of the link, and "giant", "fat", "small", "tiny" or "zippy" in front of the url depending on the size you want

So your link with the fastest load time is

It still looks huge on my screen but I think it's the lowest file size there

Also that kill was loving sweet

Thanks!

Zigmidge posted:

Keep posting gfys they're the only good part of the forums anymore.
Highlights is making it really easy to make these

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
Grimmmz copyright claimed the honk video, what a little loving baby

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell

underage at the vape shop posted:

Grimmmz copyright claimed the honk video, what a little loving baby

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

You can copyright claim content that's basically you playing somebody else's Intellectual Property? Wow.

• Locked thread