Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
About 10 years ago managed, through sheer stupidity to cut myself with one of those knives. I needed 4 stitches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Magnus Manfist posted:

I accidentally walked through airport security with a boxcutter in a backpack last year. For some reason didn't get caught when the bags were scanned, I was getting a coffee in the department lounge, put my hand in the bag to get a book and realised I had it. I poo poo myself and hid it in a plastic bag and chucked it in a bin, probably looking super suspicious in the process.

That's my knife story, everyone share yours, anything that's ever happened to you involving a knife

I had one when I went to Paramount's Great America https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/California%27s_Great_America#Paramount_Parks_Era_.281992.E2.80.932006.29

Currently known as California's Great America.

When it set off the metal detectors my plot to get Commander Data to help me kill Snoopy was foiled.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Magnus Manfist posted:

I accidentally walked through airport security with a boxcutter in a backpack last year. For some reason didn't get caught when the bags were scanned, I was getting a coffee in the department lounge, put my hand in the bag to get a book and realised I had it. I poo poo myself and hid it in a plastic bag and chucked it in a bin, probably looking super suspicious in the process.

That's my knife story, everyone share yours, anything that's ever happened to you involving a knife

That's why I always keep at least one change of clothes in my carryon

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Nice new thread title there.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
I once managed to sneak one of those weird credit card multitool knives through a metal detector at our courthouse by hiding it so well in my wallet that even I forgot I had it, and forgot that part of my wallet had a pocket, even though the detector went off. I hadn't set off the metal detector the couple of days before that, and I hadn't changed anything about my wallet, so I was insistent that I didn't have one. I even opened my wallet and showed the guard that I had no such implement on me, and he let me move on. Boy was I surprised when I got home that day to find the thing.

BovineFury
Oct 28, 2007
I moo for great justice!
When you try to carjack a bunch of football players, don't expect a good mugshot.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/08/2...l?ICID=ref_fark

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

zakharov posted:

You absolutely must click this link. This is the good stuff.

https://twitter.com/AskAManager/status/900012605732868098

This is a pro-click.

That's 'pro' as in 'I hope she hires a PROfessional killer'

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

spog posted:

This is a pro-click.

That's 'pro' as in 'I hope she hires a PROfessional killer'

Seriously seconded.

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy

syscall girl posted:

A piece of meat in between two buns?

Yeah it is.

A dick in a butt is a sandwich by extension.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Is askamanager.org a site for just fetish wank fantasies or do they also have other types of content?

TheSpiritFox
Jan 4, 2009

I'm just a memory, I can't give you any new information.

dialhforhero posted:

But where does Calzone fit?

Same category as a burrito prob.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

Magnus Manfist posted:

Going to Mexico with my Dad and girlfriend. Dad is FREAKING OUT that we're gonna miss the flight that we are like 3 hours early for (despite him taking us to the wrong airport first).
Girlfriend is starving AND has to use the bathroom. Dad thinks that getting food and using the restroom before standing in a long rear end security line for at least an hour is a terrible idea. Girlfriend says that she's gonna do it anyway, or she's gonna poo poo in line.
Dad storms off with his bags and decides to go through security himself, leaving us to catch the plane on our own. Cool, he's just gonna be sitting at the gate for a long time by himself, but that's fine.

GF and I get through security, get to the gate. Dad's not there. I'm thinking that maybe he got lost, or is trying to get a drink, or is at the wrong gate and doesn't know it... but he's not answering his cell phone so whatever.
Plane boards in 10 minutes and he's still not there. "Welp, looks like it's just us going to Mexico, I suppose."
Just as they start boarding the plane, Dad comes rushing to the gate with no bag.
"Dad, where the gently caress were you, and what happened to your luggage?"
Apparently he had to check it because there was an 8" hunting knife in his duffel that he thought he had lost like 10 years prior.
I scratch my head and pull my switchblade out of the frame of my backpack right there at the gate and say "wait, we're not supposed to have these on the plane?"

BovineFury posted:

When you try to carjack a bunch of football players, don't expect a good mugshot.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/08/2...l?ICID=ref_fark

From article:

quote:

Authorities said the gun wasn’t real, but Martinez also was carrying a knife and a note reading: “Give me the keys to your wip (car) and a nobody get heart. I know where you live so don’t make me kill.”
He couldn't steal the car, but he definitely stole my heart. Kill.

GnarlyCharlie4u has a new favorite as of 21:44 on Aug 22, 2017

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Wow do they allow people to post from Guantanamo these days??

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Karate Bastard posted:

Is askamanager.org a site for just fetish wank fantasies or do they also have other types of content?

Askamanager.org is a loving fantastic resource site. The blog runner fields all sorts of work culture related advice stories that aren't anywhere near that sensational. The truly sensational ones end up getting posted in the schadenfreude thread or in the r/relationships thread

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Magnus Manfist posted:

I did the same thing about 10 years ago except it was like 20 utility blades in the cartridge. I had been using my backpack at work and completely forgot to empty it before I traveled. I didn't notice it until I got to where I was going though, so they were with me on the plane.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

im pooping! posted:

Just be white and it won't be a problem. I've been arrested with two assist open knives in my pockets and the deputy handed them back to me when I was bailed out. For the record I wasn't arrested for carrying the knives. Also the article if I'm not mistaken is about laws in New York, where they also stop and search people for no reason.

The problem with NY's laws is that they were written up 2-3 generations ago versus German paratroopers yet still manage to get broadly interpret every knife in the city as a gravity knife. Being a tradesman and white and not having a conviction will get you at worst a warning and at best nothing but if you're not you risk getting 5 years just because you had a prior conviction, you need to cut poo poo at work, and the cop decided to stop and frisk you that day. It's a bullshit law used for bullshit reasons by a bullshit police department.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

I'm pretty sure I've told this story on this site several times but I had a carry on loving hand searched by the TSA in ORD and the agent grabbed a butterfly knife I'd forgotten in there, shifted it to look behind it, and handed me my bag with everything still inside.

I'm glad we have such competent people keeping our airways safe.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

zakharov posted:

You absolutely must click this link. This is the good stuff.

https://twitter.com/AskAManager/status/900012605732868098

"Oh well I've done lovely things in the pa- THREE YEARS"

I've never eaten any of these

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
What I've learned from this thread is a lot of you dumbasses willfully carry knives into airports and planes.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

Malachite_Dragon posted:

What I've learned from this thread is a lot of you dumbasses willfully carry knives into airports and planes.

I've only been stopped and told to throw out my safety razors once. But they didn't find my backup stash so I was fine.

RaspberrySea
Nov 29, 2004

Randaconda posted:

somebody please do the needful

Rasmus
Jul 13, 2016

I wish I was brian Blessed

Malachite_Dragon posted:

And how effective TSA's attempts to stop them are.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

There are, in fact, knife rights activists. Illinois had its switchblade ban repealed a week ago and I think there's still a bill in the pipeline to get rid of New York's "gravity knife" bullshit.

Rasmus
Jul 13, 2016

I wish I was brian Blessed
Meanwhile, TSA flips their poo poo when I put a folding keyboard on top of my laptop before putting it through the metal detector. Yes, that 4X4 inch square is where I hide all my contraband.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

I've only been stopped and told to throw out my safety razors once. But they didn't find my backup stash so I was fine.

Yeah it seems to completely depend on the competence and whims of whoever's working the checkpoint that day.

I've flown for years with a little pair of scissors that I use to trim my beard. It's got short enough blades to be legal in carry-ons. I'm not sure if you can measure the length of the blades through the x-ray software, but only once has someone pulled the bag aside to measure them in person.

I've also flown a dozen times with a safety razor with a blade loaded inside, because I assumed that it was allowed, like any other razor. Most of the time, no response. One security agent once pulled it out to look at it, then put it back in without a word (she was more interested in my fountain pen, which "doesn't look like any pen I've ever seen"). On another trip, a different agent took the razor out, removed the blade, and searched both my bags for the extra blades she believed I was carrying.

I've also flown with a pocket knife accidentally at least twice. Once the x-ray person caught it the second my bag went into the machine; once I found it while I was digging in my bag on the plane.

When I was a little kid I had a laser pointer in my pencil case, and the (pre-TSA) agents took it out and played with it for a while, seeing how far they could shine it down the terminal.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

http://i.imgur.com/0sA0SYB.mp4

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

"Oh. So much for that. Hi human!"

Oh, and I once found a machete under our living room couch when I was a kid. Schadenfreude is on my brother, I guess, because I told my dad about it because holy gently caress why do you have a machete we live in the suburbs.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Why would you hide it under the goddamn couch is a better question :psyduck:

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Look at these coddled newbs who don't understand the need for a couch machete.

Next you'll be saying it's weird to keep your handguns in the vegetable crisper.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Next you'll be saying it's weird to keep your handguns in the vegetable crisper.

You keep it in the freezer, idiot. Why do you think it's called icing someone? Smdh

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

Crisper is an extra step to get into. Just tape it to the inside of the door.

When I was a kid, our machete was kept in with the canned food.

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr

Malachite_Dragon posted:

There are knife sellers whose entire business models are buying up auction lots of confiscated knives from the TSA and selling them wherever. So they get hundreds of knives for pennies each and then sell them for like $5 each for cheap poo poo, more if they find something fancy.

Man this is an awesome gif clip

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Why would you hide it under the goddamn couch is a better question :psyduck:

Right? Everyone knows that you're most likely to need a weapon while you're in bed.

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

EmmyOk posted:

You keep it in the freezer, idiot. Why do you think it's called icing someone? Smdh

You keep them in with the cereal, obviously.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

That's only if you're a patholigical killer like, bundy or dahmer. See this is why im the modrenator

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

EmmyOk posted:

See this is why im the modrenator

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Stormfront Nazis think the alt-right are idiots

Nazi lacking any sense of self-awareness posted:

"Some were carrying swastikas and that isn't good for our image, because of the propogabda [sic] embedded into everyone's minds," wrote user pontypool, although he later added that he was "glad for any whites uniting, even, the morons."

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Isn't stormfront also on Cloudflare? I wonder why they didn't take them down too, only the DailyStormer?

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Goon Danton posted:

You keep them in with the cereal, obviously.

This is exactly what came to mind when I thought about home defense. Vivica Fox's butt was awesome in that fight. :pervert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

A cereal killer