Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
thats amazeing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
I can't click it, because, I'm at work.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
its worth gettin fired for

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

Skip My Posts posted:

its worth gettin fired for

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

some fight week promotion from showtime
https://twitter.com/C2tungbenga/status/899809365527547905

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Jack B Nimble posted:

Time: Pay-per-view card will begin at 9 p.m. ET

There we go : )

There is also a pre event card that starts at 7 on fox

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

There is also a pre event card that starts at 7 on fox

Does that include fights? My work break room has cable but my antennae doesn't get fox.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
You guys keep saying fights but for the record there will be no fights, just boxing.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
And what's with these guys at grappling competitions calling themselves fighters?!

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

They usually call themselves "wrestlers" or "judo/jujitsu players" depending on the competition iirc

Vladimir Putin
Mar 17, 2007

by R. Guyovich
A judo player is called a judoka.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Floyd Mayweather doesn't kniw how to read his business card, so who knows what he's called

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb, Destroyer of Seeb.
Does Floyd "The Most Hateable Athlete on Earth" have any fans? At all? He seems to be a pretty repugnant dude.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

As an athlete who ruled his sport for years and has tons of money not only does he have fans but he's also someone many young people aspire to be like. I mean, Michael Jordan is a terrible person too and look at his legacy.

Often times people don't give a poo poo about the personality behind the athlete because hey look how good they are at something. But you knew that already.

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008

Captain Log posted:

Does Floyd "The Most Hateable Athlete on Earth" have any fans? At all? He seems to be a pretty repugnant dude.

Conor McGregor for one

Vladimir Putin
Mar 17, 2007

by R. Guyovich
In order to be the absolute generational best I think it's almost certain you have to be a massive rear end in a top hat in your personal life. A notable exception to this is probably Lebron James.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

Vladimir Putin posted:

In order to be the absolute generational best I think it's almost certain you have to be a massive rear end in a top hat in your personal life. A notable exception to this is probably Lebron James.

yeah gently caress Wayne Gretzky, what a oval office

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

lol
https://twitter.com/arielhelwani/status/900107433938268160
https://twitter.com/arielhelwani/status/900109971324522497

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

dana is behind this

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

I find the stories of an illiterate Mayweather holding up checks to rooms full of his relatives and hanger-ones and ranting about how money is all that matters.

When legitimate ex-gangster 50 Cent calls you out for being stupid and illiterate, it says something.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Does McGregor have any realistic chance of winning besides Mayweather showing up drunk or something?

Was the purse for the fighters ever confirmed?

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Captain Log posted:

When legitimate ex-gangster 50 Cent calls you out for being stupid and illiterate, it says something.

So I guess 50 Cent is stupid and illiterate?

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Does McGregor have any realistic chance of winning besides Mayweather showing up drunk or something?
They asked Mosley that.
I think if only Mayweather gets a freak bad injury, like torn Achilles, ACL, something that he might not be able to coast on.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

Captain Log posted:

I find the stories of an illiterate Mayweather holding up checks to rooms full of his relatives and hanger-ones and ranting about how money is all that matters.

Floyd is one of the nicest dudes there is from what his friends say anyway. The money stuff is to sell tickets. I don't get why people hold up him not being able to read as some indictment of Floyd. He was a poor black kid who was completely failed by the American education system and the only positive role models he had were fighters.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

I think he is a lovely role model. The thought of waving a check in front of kids in a locker room saying, "This is all that matters!" While being illiterate and being open about treating women like objects is unreal. He might be nice in personal interactions but it doesn't excuse being a douche infront of children.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uakNbrTkfh4

Paulie seems reasonable once again

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
August 27th - Paulie Malignaggi stars in an episode of Cribs where he shows off his pastebin pro account

August 29th - Video emerges of Paulie Malignaggi angrily confronting the producer of Cribs demanding that they "release the full video" which he alleges show instances where he wasn't apopleptically caremad

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Mechafunkzilla posted:

yeah gently caress Wayne Gretzky, what a oval office

He showed his balls on the forums and it was really funny. It takes dedication to being a really funny poster, but I wouldn't call him a oval office.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

I dunno how much having a boxing ref do the boxing face off prep talk, but that must be part of Conor's The Secret
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUxhqsrZoBA

e: what does he say at 4:52?

kimbo305 fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Aug 23, 2017

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Captain Log posted:

he just seems like a regular person to me .. most people have some rough edges but they usually mean well

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
:moonrio::moonrio::moonrio::moonrio::moonrio::moonrio::moonrio::moonrio::moonrio::moonrio::moonrio::moonrio::moonrio::moonrio:

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Eat This Glob posted:

He showed his balls on the forums and it was really funny. It takes dedication to being a really funny poster, but I wouldn't call him a oval office.

Uh, what am I missing here?

I.N.R.I posted:

he just seems like a regular person to me .. most people have some rough edges but they usually mean well

I agree with the statement but still think Floyd has a corrosive philosophy on life that he eagerly spreads.

gently caress, I'm even alright with Mike God Damned Tyson.

Vladimir Putin
Mar 17, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Here's a strategy for McGregor. We all know what Floyd will do. He's going to observe McGregor for about 4 rounds then he's going to dismantle him. What if McGregor rope a dopes for like 4 rounds then waits for Mayweather to attack. If he hasn't knocked McGregor out by about round 8 he's going to start pressing and McGregor can start taking advantage.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Captain Log posted:

Uh, what am I missing here?

Forums poster Wayne Gretzky posted a bunch of pictures of his nuts in new and funny ways like 5 years ago.

e: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3481130 here's a thread that can explain more

butros
Aug 2, 2007

I believe the signs of the reptile master

kimbo305 posted:

I dunno how much having a boxing ref do the boxing face off prep talk, but that must be part of Conor's The Secret

Mouthguards with 14k gold and one hundred dollar bills :wtc:

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord
"Check out this dud's nuts -- here's a link!"

uh no thanks

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Vladimir Putin posted:

and McGregor can start taking advantage.

lol yes, that's the ticket.

Vladimir Putin
Mar 17, 2007

by R. Guyovich

kimbo305 posted:

lol yes, that's the ticket.

I have to admit my plan fell apart right when I hit that part.

Anyway I guess one way McGregor can win is if Mayweather hurts his hand from slamming it into his skull too many times. Then again Gatti hurt his hand and wound up defeating Ward with one hand.

Also Mayweather doesn't have to knock McGregor out or take him to 12 rounds. He can hit McGregor in the face so many times that the ref or his own corner stops the fight because McGregor can't defend himself.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
If Mayweather wins by KO that may be the most shocking and hilarious result.

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof

kimbo305 posted:

It's like being in the womb again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Just to clarify -

I do not think Conor will win.

But if he does, within four rounds is the ticket. That way you can put modest cash with good payouts on McGregor by round and not feel bad when the worst match ever happens.

• Locked thread