Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
*the posters in the Mock Thread all staring a mirror, candles burning around us* fascists. fascists. fascists. *Call Me Charlie appears behind us *aaaaactually the cooooonstitution staaaates that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Beware that, when fighting free speech, you yourself do not become a speech.

The Lobotomy Kid
Aug 27, 2011

and act like a nut.
political cartoon where someguy is about to talk about political violence creating a precedent but he trips over MLK's corpse and falls off a clif

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

The Lobotomy Kid posted:

political cartoon where someguy is about to talk about political violence creating a precedent but he trips over MLK's corpse and falls off a clif

Donkey in the corner wearing an FBI hat: I wonder what the fall-out from this will be!!

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 226 days!

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Beware that, when fighting free speech, you yourself do not become a speech.

and when you stare into the constitution, the constitution stares back into you

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Clawtopsy posted:

those are some very spicy takes though, too spicy for me, hence the need for a covert thread for nazi apologists so good posters can have a dedicated e-octagon for e-punching them

You're posting in it.

Call Me Charlie posted:

This was the "Mock Democrats" thread until the mods killed it and remade it into the "Mock Someone" thread. So all the regulars from the old thread still post here to mock the democrats and all the people that were complaining that they couldn't drop sick burns on all the regulars quickly gave up because :effort:

But it's p. cool to be called a nazi apologist and a fascist for defending the ACLU, using their talking points and saying that physical violence is a bad response to speech

Call Me Charlie has issued a correction as of 01:32 on Aug 23, 2017

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Call Me Charlie posted:

But it's p. cool to be called a nazi apologist and a fascist for defending the ACLU, using their talking points and saying that physical violence is a bad response to speech

You could always try crying some more, you whiny hand-wringing coward

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I'm going to punch Nazis and there's nothing you can do about it! I'm going to normalise political violence, deny free speech to fascists and if the ACLU has a problem with it they can blow it out of their collective asses! I'll piss on the constitution, Floyd, and if you don't like it I'll punch you as well, you weak-kneed collaborator

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
The brain trust over at NeoGAF became convinced that the exhortations to not look right at the sun during the eclipse was a troll by the alt-right to get people to miss the eclipse, with predictable, and hilarious results

passionate dongs
May 23, 2001

Snitchin' is Bitchin'
please stop posting off topic. this thread is for lamenting random tweets as the future of the democratic party, what samantha bee did, jimmy dore, and talking about how christina hoff summers is a real feminist.

any other posts will be reported to the mods.

passionate dongs
May 23, 2001

Snitchin' is Bitchin'

passionate dongs posted:

please stop posting off topic. this thread is for lamenting random tweets as the future of the democratic party, what samantha bee did, jimmy dore, and talking about how christina hoff summers is a real feminist.

any other posts will be reported to the mods.

I am not afraid to quote myself either, I'm serious

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Call me charlie voted for Trump because they were scared Hillary would start a war

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN posted:

Call me charlie voted for Trump because they were scared Hillary would start a war

now this is good mock thread material

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN posted:

So far he chose correctly.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

So far he chose correctly.

Yeah good point, since Trump got elected Hilary hasn't started any wars at all! Good call, Charlie

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

the trump tutelage posted:

But the government already suppresses the Left and I have no goddamned perspective whatsoever, so gently caress it maybe accelerationism isn't bougie whiteboy bullshit after all.

Welcome to the resistance.

Rhukatah
Feb 26, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo

The Lobotomy Kid posted:

I hope the guy, the corpse and the cliff are all labeled debt.

Kraps
Sep 9, 2011

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
https://twitter.com/charlescwcooke/status/900164419212259329

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

the trump tutelage posted:

people on this dead gay forum want all the legitimacy of punching nazis and white supremacists while simultaneously reserving the right to apply that label to anyone they (dis)like, whether its a conservative jew like Ben Shapiro, a microaggressing professor like Bret Weinstein, or an actual real life hatemonger like David Duke. if that level of intellectual laziness and opportunism doesn't scare you when it's paired with calls for vigilantism and violence against those so-labelled, then it should.

this is true

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Call Me Charlie posted:

If you legitimatize violence as a means to suppress free speech you disagree with, don't be surprised when it comes back to bite you in the rear end.

he said to the cops who broke strikes and the government agents who assassinated black leaders decades ago, after climbing into his loving time machine

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Counterpoint: nope

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Saw on my way to class today

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Call Me Charlie posted:

Let me try one more time to get through to you.

This isn't about defending nazis in the hopes that nazis will help us one day like you stupidly think. It's about defending the absolute rights given to everybody by the constitution. Once you say those rights aren't absolute, especially in the legal system, you're opening the door for the same tactics used to suppress idiot nazis to be used against you and groups you support.

I wipe my rear end with the constitution. So did America's longest serving president

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008

Venom Snake posted:

I wipe my rear end with the constitution. So did America's longest serving president

No one cares about your constitutionally protected speech acts, Venom Snake.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Call Me Charlie posted:

you're a nazi apologist and a loving coward, hth

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/maragay/status/900387397480873985

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

:golfclap:

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

zeal posted:

you're a nazi apologist and a loving coward, hth

Not unlike yourself

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
have you considered that if you are antifa you are bourgie collaborators?

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
If you identify as a lefty, please post your salary so I can mock you.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

Top City Homo posted:

have you considered that if you are antifa you are bourgie collaborators?

The established communist method for dealing with fascists is to kill them all and drive over their corpses with tanks. Pepper spray is NOT acceptable.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 226 days!

OWLS! posted:

If you identify as a lefty, please post your salary so I can mock you.

lol 'salary'

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/lachlan/status/900407619671781376

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

so their examples of the good journalism they've done includes cover george takei clapping at transphobes and "manspreading", sounds like this is a good thing

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
the problem isn't social justice it's the ethics of social justice journalism (unironically)

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Agag posted:

The established communist method for dealing with fascists is to kill them all and drive over their corpses with tanks. Pepper spray is NOT acceptable.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

the problem isn't social justice it's the ethics of social justice journalism (unironically)

A trans woman got chased off the internet by Sarkeesian for writing a series on online harassment that accurately reported the field of play in the last couple of days. Then the editor of the site decided to throw her to the wolves.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
ethics in anything presented as journalism is actually extremely important. too bad if it's presented as a "thinkpiece" on any cultural niche, ethics are 100% unimportant.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Byolante posted:

A trans woman got chased off the internet by Sarkeesian for writing a series on online harassment that accurately reported the field of play in the last couple of days. Then the editor of the site decided to throw her to the wolves.

link please?

• Locked thread