Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
who is the biggest fail club
This poll is closed.
arsenal 9223372036854775807 100.00%
not arsenal 1 0.00%
Total: 23 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008

Tahirovic posted:

This poo poo is hilarious, he's an ok player but 15mil? This transfer pretty much fixes our budget for the next 4 or 5 years. Thanks PSG for loving up the market I guess?

To be honest I'm half hoping his visa application fails because it seems like a massive risk with the likely result being that he ends back in the swiss league in a few years time on a free.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

Xabi posted:

Dirk Kuyt.

:3:

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
soton got/are getting a dutch defender from Lazio, Wesley Hoedt

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/08/22/southampton-sign-15m-centre-back-wesley-hoedt-virgil-van-dijks/

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

Jason Sextro posted:

In another instance of this being an absolutely mental transfer window, France Football's reporting that Lille is prepared to pay 40M Euros for Michy Batshuayi.

How does a middling French club find money like that :raise:

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!

PirateBob posted:

a lille bit at a time

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
how does the 6th place team in England find 200 million pounds

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004
Mr Potato personally hands it to them

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

lol at that last ultimatum
https://twitter.com/SkySportsNews/status/900130974062825472

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

PirateBob posted:

they got bought out by some Luxembourg Formula One guy named Gerard Lopez who was in the market for Marseille, promising to bring back Marcelo Bielsa, until OM got sold to Major League Baseball's embezzling-est owner Frank McCourt

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

They should just take the deal, even with the incentives, sign Draxler, move on.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
Changed my mind now, that's loads of money that, sell him

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...
Is Coutinho that great of a player? He always seemed "very good" but not more than that, though I didn't see Liverpool play much last year.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Coutinho is in no way worth the money Barca is offering but selling him basically fucks Liverpool in both leagues this year because their team is so reliant on him and can't replace him this late in the window. I can see the argument for both sides but gently caress that is a lot of money.

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

The "but who would they buy" argument only works up to a certain point. 138 mil is so much more than coutinho is worth and more than will ever be offered for him again. Lol if we reject it

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

TheBigAristotle posted:

They should just take the deal, even with the incentives, sign Draxler, move on.

I want more details. If it's anything like the first 3 bids, it'll be something like 80 million pounds spread out over 5 yearly installments and conditional 30-50,000,000 in highly unlikely incentives like winning Double and/or Trebles and also winning a Balon D'Or.

I'm pretty sure FSG will say no.

I blame Neymar.

EDIT: Also realized that this is timed right before Liverpool's home leg against Hoffenheim. You have to hand it to Barca. They're definitely timing the bids for maximum disruption.

Brony Car fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Aug 23, 2017

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Brony Car posted:

I want more details. If it's anything like the first 3 bids, it'll be something like 80 million pounds spread out over 5 yearly installments and conditional 30-50,000,000 in highly unlikely incentives like winning Double and/or Trebles and also winning a Balon D'Or.

I'm pretty sure FSG will say no.

I blame Neymar.

EDIT: Also realized that this is timed right before Liverpool's home leg against Anfield. You have to hand it to Barca. They're definitely timing the bids for maximum disruption.

They bid on Nice's Jean-Michael Seri (iirc) hours before they played Napoli, too.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Draxler is available so just sign him for 40m or whatever and bank almost 100m

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

Draxler is available so just sign him for 40m or whatever and bank almost 100m

Maybe it's all paper talk, but Draxler's agent says Draxler doesn't want to leave and other reports seem to indicate PSG want to hold on to Draxler a bit longer.

http://www.espnfc.com/story/3182594/julian-draxler-not-interested-in-leaving-paris-saint-germain-agent

The whole situation sucks.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Brony Car posted:

Sky also reporting 101m upfront + 37m in add-ons linked to UCL appearances.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Tell Barca 138m up front in cash from the Neymar deal and then take it imo, Barca are insane

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Yeah take the money if you're Liverpool

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I'd ask for it in twenties

138 of these

JFairfax fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Aug 23, 2017

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

I wouldn't sell Coutinho unless we have someone lined up already and the price is concrete. We get a hundred and thirty million in our pocket and suddenly everyone is going to cost a whole lot more.

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Or Liverpool act like pissants about this, hold on to Coutinho lose in the first knockout round, and make less than 70m. Best case probably

And I say this as a Liverpool fan

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Oh good another day where I have to explain how we don't need the money

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

This thread is Groundhog Day with the same posts about Coutinho over and over again forever

brasstassels
Oct 26, 2007
Rumours floating around that Aurier to Spurs is all but wrapped up, though the transfer is contingent on his assault charge being dropped.

Also seeing that Hellas Verona have made a bid for George-Kevin N'Koudou. Not sure why Spurs would want to sell. They're short on wingers and he's young. Looked fairly sharp every time I've seen him play, too. Energetic, can take on defenders and put in a decent cross. Guess he's not good enough to get much first team playtime.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
gently caress Barca, I'd keep him out of spite at this point.

Manc Hill
Jul 19, 2001

^^this is u ^^this is me
I hope the Coutinho transfer rumbles on until the last day of the window in fact until hours after the window closes causing maximum disruption with wild claims and counter claims, causing rifts and bad blood in Liverpool's dressing room and boardroom and among the fans which has repercussions for months to come.

Whether he stays or goes I couldn't give a steamy shite :D :D :D

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Manc Hill posted:

I hope the Coutinho transfer rumbles on until the last day of the window in fact until hours after the window closes causing maximum disruption with wild claims and counter claims, causing rifts and bad blood in Liverpool's dressing room and boardroom and among the fans which has repercussions for months to come.

The same thing basically happened with DeGea and the Utd fans didnt seem to give a poo poo that he didnt go, neither did the players, Klopp has already welcomed him back with open arms as he understands this poo poo happens all the loving time.

If Coutinho doesnt go nothing is going to change as hes not being acting like a child about it the way that Dembele has been, he handed in a transfer request (I dont buy the whole Barca forced him to do that, thats some revisionist poo poo). But hes been really civil over this loving abortion of a transfer saga,

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Brony Car posted:

EDIT: Also realized that this is timed right before Liverpool's home leg against Hoffenheim. You have to hand it to Barca. They're definitely timing the bids for maximum disruption.

Isn't he still "injured" anyway?

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Apparently he now has an illness.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
yeah he's got Catalan Fever

Manc Hill
Jul 19, 2001

^^this is u ^^this is me

CyberPingu posted:

The same thing basically happened with DeGea and the Utd fans didnt seem to give a poo poo that he didnt go, neither did the players, Klopp has already welcomed him back with open arms as he understands this poo poo happens all the loving time.

If Coutinho doesnt go nothing is going to change as hes not being acting like a child about it the way that Dembele has been, he handed in a transfer request (I dont buy the whole Barca forced him to do that, thats some revisionist poo poo). But hes been really civil over this loving abortion of a transfer saga,

sounds like you're getting riled up about it

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
This whole thing is funny, basically Liverpool are saying 1 season from one player is worth 100mil. Which might be true, if they get into the CL Semis or do well in the league, but it's Liverpool.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Well, not quite, he'll still have four years left on his contract after this year and he probably won't be worthless then.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Simone Poodoin posted:

This thread is Groundhog Day with the same posts about Coutinho over and over again forever

but what if he gets injured

in other news, Fabinho apparently told Monaco he was hoping to move to PSG this window but, get this, would not behave like a petulant oval office to get his way and would respect the decision regardless. Imagine!

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Manc Hill posted:

Barcelona haven't even put in a new formal bid yet either. Imagine how spicy it gets once details can actually be confirmed.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

[quote="“Tahirovic”" post="“475653089”"]
This whole thing is funny, basically Liverpool are saying 1 season from one player is worth 100mil. Which might be true, if they get into the CL Semis or do well in the league, but it’s Liverpool.
[/quote]

It’s true even if you just consider the amount you have to overpay on players when you aren’t in the Champions League.

E: Are these weird quotes an iOS 11 thing? Or just a problem with the latest version of the Awful app?

wicka fucked around with this message at 14:12 on Aug 23, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
Metz have somehow been tricked into buying Riviere for £7m (:)) and De Jong is probably going back to Ajax (:(), which mean we might be able to afford Praet for what seems like too much money (€18m)

Lazaar might be off too

• Locked thread