Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Caros
May 14, 2008

Jeb! Repetition posted:

I really wish they'd kept the "coldly beautiful" aesthetic. It was a lot more interesting than just regular wrinkly emaciated undead.

It'd also just look better on screen. Something gorgeous and perfect raising hordes of the terrifying undead gives you a wicked contrast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?
Imho the Others are lovely do-nothing villains to begin with and Martin obviously doesn't really know how to follow through on their plot, so I'm not surprised the geniuses that run the show couldn't come up with anything better than Cool Ranch Darth Maul.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

The first few seasons they looked like strands of spaghetti frozen together.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

JBP posted:

I think they were afraid of making snow elves, but they look kind of dumb in their current form. They also have this slow, plodding aspect. I don't know if that's deliberate, but NK's buddy could have brought him more than one spear.

They should move as smoothly as a swirl of fresh frost blown off a snow bank, imo.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Is the She-Other having an orgasm by shooting lasers out of her eyes?

Clearly we got the crappy adaptation in the tv show

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

LIKE THE WAVES IN THE OCEAN I WILL DIG IN YOUR FAT AND SEARCH FOR YOUR CLITORIS, BUT I WON'T SLAM WHALE
Hearing the finale leaked. Not sure if real.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

InFlames235 posted:

Hearing the finale leaked. Not sure if real.

Where are you hearing this? I couldnt find anything on r/freefolk, twitter or torrent sites

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.

TheRat posted:

Where are you hearing this? I couldnt find anything on r/freefolk, twitter or torrent sites

that subreddit just stickied a post about fake leaks, so I'm gonna say that the leak was fake

Adonis
Oct 15, 2004
Greek gods almighty!
Dany dies and gets shat upon and Jon adopts drogon and the other one u herd it here first.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
I strongly doubt the validity of those spoilers. But they'd be worth it just for the incredibly negative fan reaction they would get.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Kawalimus posted:

I strongly doubt the validity of those spoilers. But they'd be worth it just for the incredibly negative fan reaction they would get.

Oh the outrage would be absolutely delicious.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

IT BURNS posted:

That's some Dark Tower level bullshit if the series ends where it began with a new Night King/army of White Walkers...

I said it before and I'll say it again: Littlefinger is The Man In Black

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I misread the spoilers for next season but now that I'm thinking about it, I really want Dany to die between seasons. Have her go out on a high note this season, end with her finding out she's pregnant, then first shot of season 8 is Jon standing in the frame with a baby and a stupid look on his face as they figure out how to pull a Weekend at Bernie's with Dany's corpse.

ruddiger fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Aug 23, 2017

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

ruddiger posted:

I misread the spoilers for next season but now that I'm thinking about it, I really want Dany to die between seasons. Have her go out on a high note this season, end with her finding out she's pregnant, then first shot of season 8 is Jon standing in the frame with a baby and a stupid look on his face as they figure out how to pull a Weekend at Bernie's with Dany's corpse.

I think it'd be a great ending for her to die without an heir and jon never find out he could be king. So whoops, time to fight over a stupid chair again, whoever still wants it.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

ruddiger posted:

All the named characters except for Bronn and Tyene die between seasons. Last season is just Bronn and Tyene stabbing things and loving, repeat as necessary.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.

quote:

Davos tells Sam he’ll probably returns to his wife since he has left her alone for far too long

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

skasion posted:

Imho the Others are lovely do-nothing villains to begin with and Martin obviously doesn't really know how to follow through on their plot, so I'm not surprised the geniuses that run the show couldn't come up with anything better than Cool Ranch Darth Maul.

He definitely has an end planned out for them and has a "reason" written for them too. How the characters reach that now he hasn't got his five year gap? That's what's hosed it up.

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

and another thing: im not mad. please dont put in the newspaper that i got mad.
gently caress "cellar door." "Cool Ranch" is the most beautiful phase in the English language.

-The American Tolkien, probably

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Remember when Arya served Tywin Lannister for like half a year even though she could have easily had Jaqen kill him at any point or just escape cause no one knew who she was and she wasn't under any form of duress?

Cause I think Arya forgot all about that when she bitched at her sister.

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

emanresu tnuocca posted:

Remember when Arya served Tywin Lannister for like half a year even though she could have easily had Jaqen kill him at any point or just escape cause no one knew who she was and she wasn't under any form of duress?

Cause I think Arya forgot all about that when she bitched at her sister.

She also forgot the way Sansa reacted when Ned died.

And before that happened, Joffrey told the crowd that Sansa begged him for her father's life. Arya forgot that too.

The latest Preston Jacobs review points out that she even forgot how the first Winterfell scene in the show went.

some bust on that guy fucked around with this message at 12:35 on Aug 23, 2017

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

Adonis posted:

Dany dies and gets shat upon

We never got to see the famous scene of Dany making GBS threads herself in a field, but I guess this would be almost as good. :unsmith:

Drunk in Space
Dec 1, 2009

some guy on the bus posted:

And before that happened, Joffrey told the crowd that Sansa begged him for her father's life. Arya forgot that too.

The latest Preston Jacobs review points out that she even forgot how the first Winterfell scene in the show went.

That's because it's actually Syrio Forel Jaqen wearing Arya's face.

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Comrade Koba posted:

We never got to see the famous scene of Dany making GBS threads herself in a field, but I guess this would be almost as good. :unsmith:

Still time for some fanservice (unless Dany dies offscreen during childbirth, lol).

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
"you should drink, your grace"
"The more I drink the more I poo poo."
*Turns to camera and winks*

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

Arya knows that Sansa was under duress she just doesn't give a gently caress. She doesn't respect that Sansa "tried" to stop it by rolling over like a weak little girl and she's spent 5 seasons dealing with her survivors guilt by living in denial that she's a little girl too.

The people saying "it's because arya is the waif/jaqen" are mistaking the subtext for the actual text. She's acting like the psycho killer characters because she's been directly modelling herself on them as the newest prodigy of their death cult. The waif was no one. Arya is no one. Arya is the waif now.

massive spider fucked around with this message at 14:43 on Aug 23, 2017

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme
You made a critical error: You assumed there is still subtext in GoT. There isn't. The poo poo you see is all there is. No depth, no thought, no meaning, just tits & dragons.

Drunk in Space
Dec 1, 2009
Not even that many tits anymore. :(

Bates
Jun 15, 2006

Drunk in Space posted:

Not even that many tits anymore. :(

It appears tits and dragons are inversely proportional.

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

Bates posted:

It appears tits and dragons are inversely proportional.

In that case I vote for way less dragons.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

"Summer found the episodes squatting in the DVR, groaning. Every episode was looser than the one before, and smelled fouler. By the time autumn came up the show was making GBS threads brown water. The longer the show went on, the more it shat, but the more it shat, the thirstier the circlejerk of casual viewers grew, and they send it crawling to the stream to suck up even more casual viewers."

- Tolkien of Somthing Awful (probably)

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Game of Thrones’ Drive to the Finish Line Is Crippling Its Ability to Tell a Story

http://www.slate.com/blogs/browbeat/2017/08/23/as_it_nears_its_climax_game_of_thrones_is_falling_apart.html

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

emanresu tnuocca posted:

"you should drink, your grace"
"The more I drink the more I poo poo."
*Turns to camera and winks*

Lol

Decius posted:

You made a critical error: You assumed there is still subtext in GoT. There isn't. The poo poo you see is all there is. No depth, no thought, no meaning, just tits & dragons.

Yeah I've noticed that when people try to base predictions or interpretations on subtext and not overt text, they always end up being proven wrong either by what happens or what D&D say in some interview.

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

massive spider posted:

Arya knows that Sansa was under duress she just doesn't give a gently caress. She doesn't respect that Sansa "tried" to stop it by rolling over like a weak little girl and she's spent 5 seasons dealing with her survivors guilt by living in denial that she's a little girl too.

The people saying "it's because arya is the waif/jaqen" are mistaking the subtext for the actual text. She's acting like the psycho killer characters because she's been directly modelling herself on them as the newest prodigy of their death cult. The waif was no one. Arya is no one. Arya is the waif now.

If Arya is upset at Sansa for not getting herself killed by trying to stab to death the Queen, the prince, the Hound, and the rest of the Lannisters. I'm not sure that's any better than having a poor memory. That's a thought that an angry child would have. It feels like should be coming from 11 year old Season 1 Arya, not adult Arya. Even with that attitude, it's still stupid of her to act like Sansa was on the side of the Lannisters and betrayed her family. She can call her weak for not committing suicide (Which is awful enough) without genuinely believing the letter. Her reading Sansa saying "The Lannisters are treating me well and providing me with every comfort." and believing it's sincere despite the fact that Joffrey said she begged him for her father's life makes no sense. Also if the story is just that Arya is really hosed up, then Sansa should be treating it as that. She shouldn't be concerned about the Northern Lords discovering the letter. That's so stupid.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Is he talking about the arrow thing? Because she's pretty clearly describing a different time.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

JBP posted:

I think they were afraid of making snow elves, but they look kind of dumb in their current form. They also have this slow, plodding aspect. I don't know if that's deliberate, but NK's buddy could have brought him more than one spear.

Yeah in the books they're graceful and deadly which I kinda like better than the Terminator style WW's we've got in the show.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

DrNutt posted:

Is he talking about the arrow thing? Because she's pretty clearly describing a different time.

No, because she's talks about Bran training as if it was his 20th session and it was her first time shooting an arrow, but in the first scene of the show she's already good enough to hit the bullseye while Bran is clearly still brand new to it.

It's a massive loving mistake to make considering it's literally the first scene of the entire show, it happens 40 seconds after the credits are over in the first ever episode.

E: VVV It's not sperging. It's wanting consistency with events we have literally seen on screen, it's another mark of the bad writing that has plagued the show since Season 4. We enjoy complaining, if you don't enjoy reading it, don't read it.

Just because I like to use cuss words doesn't mean I'm actually sitting here posting with my forehead vein pulsing, lmao

WampaLord fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Aug 23, 2017

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

WampaLord posted:

It's a massive loving mistake to make

Relax dude, Jesus Christ. Normal people don't sperg the gently caress out over minor details from 6 years ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
I mean, it's along the lines Tony Soprano saying in the sixth season that he went to Dr. Melfi because of erectile dysfunction, I mean sure, most people won't care or notice but by golly it's still a massive loving mistake.

• Locked thread