Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

Oh Snapple! posted:

i swear to loving god if i ever have to write the word "influencer" seriously ever again

What about phrases like "thought leader" or "on trend"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
tastemaker

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Lumpy the Cook posted:

[visibly straining to think as hard as possible of a black person] How... about... DC Comics and Warner Bros. Pictures present Wonder Woman, coming to theaters Summer 2017

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

jfc vox already wrote this article a week ago. people who Create Content these days don't have a single original thought. thought catalog was patient zero of the woke thinkpiece virus and it spread its way up to the times

somebody people will decide en masse that there are real-life people, both living and dead, that are better role models than fictional characters and brands. i'd venture a guess that they have now and these guys are just pissing in the wind

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Martha Stewart Undying posted:

i work in advertising and i write a lot of american corporate morals

im high af when im doing this guys

im high and drunk af

Dude, get me this job, I'm more than qualified:

1) I can appear functional when I'm intoxicated

2) I have a basic understanding of human empathy

3) I can make up bullshit that "proves" a campaign worked

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

get that OUT of my face posted:

jfc vox already wrote this article a week ago. people who Create Content these days don't have a single original thought. thought catalog was patient zero of the woke thinkpiece virus and it spread its way up to the times

somebody people will decide en masse that there are real-life people, both living and dead, that are better role models than fictional characters and brands. i'd venture a guess that they have now and these guys are just pissing in the wind

im pretty convinced that the only people who buy into this thinkfluencer bullshit are other thinkfluencers

they're able to keep each other afloat in some insane circlejerk because they've looted the working class for all they're worth and spend their days hustling VC money out of each other while rome burns

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 219 days!

Oh Snapple! posted:

i swear to loving god if i ever have to write the word "influencer" seriously ever again

influencer

warfighter

thought leader

shitposter

corpromancer

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Martha Stewart Undying posted:

i work in advertising and i write a lot of american corporate morals

im high af when im doing this guys

im high and drunk af

This owns, keep up the great work!

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Mic is basically dead after a pivot to video and here's an excellent deep dive into everything that went wrong. No mention of the guy who lied about his friend dying so he could go build a treehouse.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

quote:

Mic had already exhausted its outrage vocabulary by the time Trump’s election supercharged civil rights violations.

quote:

“It kills me when I think about the contribution of liberal media in what happened in the election,” said a former employee who was with the company until this year. “When I think about the role Mic played in growing that sentiment of moral outrage — and it then bleeding into publications that you think should have risen above it — it doesn’t feel good.”

Yyyyyyup.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

I feel like they're being too hard on themselves lol. Not everything is about Mic. Very little is about Mic.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
I've never even heard of Mic.

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

pouring one out to my friend mick

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

wasn't it basically vox

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
rip military industrial complex, had a good run

1982 Subaru Brat
Feb 2, 2007

by Athanatos
I didn't know about Mic but that article is an perfect summary of everything that is/was wrong with woke editorials. I'm almost suspicious of it, it seems good to be true.

Co-founded by a literal Goldman Sachs employee who stopped pushing his own opinions when he realized the liberal ones were pulling in more money. Oh my God :discourse:

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

I've never even heard of Mic.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
WTF is Mic

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

withak posted:

WTF is Mic

Basically it's just another Upworthy

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

ESPN pulls Asian-American announcer from Virginia football game because he has a Confederate general's name

quote:

In the wake of the events in Charlottesville, Va., ESPN decided to pull one of its announcers from calling a University of Virginia football game -- because his name is Robert Lee.
The network's full statement: “We collectively made the decision with Robert to switch games as the tragic events in Charlottesville were unfolding, simply because of the coincidence of his name. In that moment it felt right to all parties. It's a shame that this is even a topic of conversation and we regret that who calls play-by-play for a football game has become an issue.”

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

The best part of the modern age is being old and out of touch means not having to care about what kids today are doing because it's gone before you even learn about it.

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

super sweet best pal posted:

The best part of the modern age is being old and out of touch means not having to care about what kids today are doing because it's gone before you even learn about it.

loving Amen.

Makes you wonder about all the other things in life you don't have to suffer through knowing about.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

ESPN sucks rear end

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
i know a guy named Robert E. Lee because his immigrant parents wanted him to have an 'american' name and its hilarious

we had the wedding invitation up on our fridge with the name spelled that way and my wife's black aunt went 'what the hell' until we explained he was korean

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

you kinda suck dude

Kraps
Sep 9, 2011

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

lmao

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

AAAAAAaaaahahahahahahahahahaha

Kraps
Sep 9, 2011

*deep breath*

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!

https://twitter.com/ACLU/status/900459882989600768

(THE REPLIES HAVE IT)

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
foolish of the aclu to put all of its hopes and dreams into a single child

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

A future for white children??? I knew them defending Nazis all the time was suspect!

Kraps
Sep 9, 2011

https://twitter.com/ACLU/status/900472710354128896

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
a future
for the United States is doom for us all

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Kraps posted:

*deep breath*

(THE REPLIES HAVE IT)

lol

Can you imagine someone who doesn't believe in the original (racist) sin, how terrible. Why I bet they even think all people should be treated equally.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Ok the comment thread with an American woman flipping out on a Palestinian-born journalist for 'not understanding racial oppression' is A M A Z I N G

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Kraps posted:

*deep breath*

(THE REPLIES HAVE IT)

Took me a second to get what the problem was.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Ok the comment thread with an American woman flipping out on a Palestinian journalist for 'not understanding racial oppression' is A M A Z I N G

I'm not ready to see that level of wokeness right now.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
the ACLU just can't stop loving up lmao

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I agree with the ACLU that only babies would have a hardline fetishization of some vague ideal of "free speech"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Business Gorillas posted:

im pretty convinced that the only people who buy into this thinkfluencer bullshit are other thinkfluencers

they're able to keep each other afloat in some insane circlejerk because they've looted the working class for all they're worth and spend their days hustling VC money out of each other while rome burns
this is also why the stock market isn't going to crash any time soon