Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Which, while a step down, was still significantly better than the hot mess that was F8.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Timby posted:

Which, while a step down, was still significantly better than the hot mess that was F8.

It's also the one where it becomes a spy movie instead of a heist movie.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Gonz posted:

Wan either produced or directed all of the Saw movies, and Lionsgate has been involved with stuff like the Saw series, Hostel, Cabin Fever etc;etc, and Wan is a fairly big name these days so I say let him go for it.

He directed one Saw movie, and is better known for his numerous bloodless family horror flicks and tentpole blockbusters. It's like going, man we need a guy who does body horror, get Spielberg on the line. That's not the movie he's gonna make. Even Saw is not a relentless blast of transgression.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

FilthyImp posted:

Civil War nailed it when his room was full of repurposed/salvaged stuff. Not much of that is in Homecoming, and he does attend a gifted STEM school (presumably under a scholarship or due to his test scores). Theres a lot of stuff that grounds the character, like using school lab equipment for his superhero supplies, his home-crafted costume, and his earnestness/inexperience. His challenges are more of thr awkward/cringey Hughes film variety than Aaaaaaangst.

SPIDER-MAN: CHEMICAL CRIMINAL!

well that's the headline I see in my head if they ever introduce Jameson

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

Prepare to bring it on for the 6th time - Bring It On: Worldwide #Cheersmack

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3ieJOAdlaE

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Do you think they'll release The Day the Clown Cried now?

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

hiddenriverninja posted:

SPIDER-MAN: CHEMTRAIL CRIMINAL!

Alex Jonah Jamerson.

got any sevens posted:

Well, at least I didn't find out in the meme thread.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Tars Tarkas posted:

Prepare to bring it on for the 6th time - Bring It On: Worldwide #Cheersmack

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3ieJOAdlaE

I think a better route for turning Bring It On into a franchise would have been the Undisputed route, where the main rival school of each movie was the protagonist of the next. But I don't understand dance film series at all and it seems like that's what this has become.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

got any sevens posted:

It's in The Library of Congress and there was already a public release date for it, I think in about ten years. Barring someone leaking it, it's probably still on the same timeline, since i'm pretty sure Jerry Lewis chose the date because he was pretty sure it'd be well after he died.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

wyoming posted:

Alex Jonah Jamerson.

Hahaha

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Skwirl posted:

It's in The Library of Congress and there was already a public release date for it, I think in about ten years. Barring someone leaking it, it's probably still on the same timeline, since i'm pretty sure Jerry Lewis chose the date because he was pretty sure it'd be well after he died.

I can't wait. It's like some kind of doomsday clock for the release of an ancient, sealed horror only spoken of in whispers.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Skwirl posted:

I'm praying it gets leaked before then. I have a feeling I'm going to regret actually watching it, but the curiosity is just too great.

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
It sucks that there's no way The Day the Clown Cried can possibly live up to our warped expectations. It probably just sucks, but not in a terribly interesting way past its very existence

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

ALFbrot posted:

It sucks that there's no way The Day the Clown Cried can possibly live up to our warped expectations. It probably just sucks, but not in a terribly interesting way past its very existence

Harry Shearer has seen it and said it absolutely lived up to his warped expectations.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

I had an idea for a movie but I'm pretty sure it's just Beetlejuice.

A family moved into a house and the standard horror movie creepy poo poo starts to happen only they just stiff upper lip through it all with a level of steely resolve on par with Shaun of the Dead. And by the end the ghosts have either given up and now make themselves useful or the family just carried on through their day.

"Honey watch out for the blood in the doorway on your way to the bus. You know how much Miss Grumpydriver hates when you track blood inside."

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

Harry Shearer has seen it and said it absolutely lived up to his warped expectations.

Yes, but that just warps my expectations even further.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Len posted:

A family moved into a house and the standard horror movie creepy poo poo starts to happen only they just stiff upper lip through it all with a level of steely resolve on par with Shaun of the Dead. And by the end the ghosts have either given up and now make themselves useful or the family just carried on through their day.

"Honey watch out for the blood in the doorway on your way to the bus. You know how much Miss Grumpydriver hates when you track blood inside."

I want something kinda similar, and its also kinda an idea that sorta has been done before, where you see from the ghosts perspective of them trying to scare people. But what I want is like a movie where the ghost like really kinda nerds out about it and really plans and it does research, almost like making an encounter for his tabletop rpg campaign.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice

Snooze Cruise posted:

I want something kinda similar, and its also kinda an idea that sorta has been done before, where you see from the ghosts perspective of them trying to scare people. But what I want is like a movie where the ghost like really kinda nerds out about it and really plans and it does research, almost like making an encounter for his tabletop rpg campaign.

I mean that's kind of inbetween the original treatment for Monsters Inc, and Monsters University.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Len posted:

The Simpsons kinda did it. The haunted house ended up destroying itself rather than try to live with them.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Inescapable Duck posted:

The Simpsons kinda did it. The haunted house ended up destroying itself rather than try to live with them.

That and it's basically Beetlejuice with a minor change.

It's a Beetlejuice remake pitch.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I would watch that movie, probably.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Beetlejuice is basically ghosts getting so sick of the living people who moved in their home they summon a professional scary ghost who's better at haunting.

The Others had a kinda funny ending implying multiple generations of ghosts in the same haunted manor having to come to terms with their undeath and learn to get along.

Edit: A bunch of ghosts call the Ghostbusters to try and bust the other ghosts, they all end up on Venkman's talk show like it's Dr Phil for the undead.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Len posted:

Maybe there are four ghosts: a lanky one, a fat one, a smelly one and their friendly nephew.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Rick posted:

I would watch that movie, probably.

I kind of want to wait for Tim Burton to die and then be cast in it as CGI, like Peter Cushing or Carrie Fisher style.

Definitely not to direct.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Gavok posted:

Maybe there are four ghosts: a lanky one, a fat one, a smelly one and their friendly nephew.

I remember having the Casper movie on VHS. Mostly notable for having a Ghostbusters cameo, it was otherwise pretty crap.

A lot of those 50s-60s comic book icons really, really haven't aged well.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

A Ghost Story is kinda a serious take on it, and has excellent reviews.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Shageletic posted:

A Ghost Story is kinda a serious take on it, and has excellent reviews.

For whatever reason I'm not sold on that one.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Inescapable Duck posted:

I remember having the Casper movie on VHS. Mostly notable for having a Ghostbusters cameo, it was otherwise pretty crap.

I recall the animated series spinoff being way better than it had any right to be.

Also, the movie had Cathy Moriarty, who is also in this summer's delightful underdog film Patti Cake$, now in theaters under limited release! :toot:

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Inescapable Duck posted:

I remember having the Casper movie on VHS.

Casper is a lot more emotionally complex than it has any right to be. I'm also blinded by nostalgia and Ricci was a big crush of mine in the 90s, but there is a real sadness to the film, and it has significant emotional merit for children.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I like it when the fat ghost makes a reference to Oprah

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Because she was fat at the time you see much like the fat ghost

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Calaveron posted:

Because she was fat at the time you see much like the fat ghost

She got breast reduction surgery.

And good on her for taking that move. Her and Christina Applegate because they valued their lives more than their backs or boobs.

Now let's talk about R.I.P.D.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrjTFTAY3nI

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

Inescapable Duck posted:

Ghostbuster cameo is great because Dan Aykroyd couldn't even be bothered to shave his 'stache.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

The prop makers for Good Time is so good, Robert Pattinson might have accidentally committed a federal crime.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I thought this would be about him jerking off the dog.

Blastedhellscape
Jan 1, 2008

Len posted:

Clive Barker’s short story The Yattering and Jack has basically this premise, except it’s an invisible imp instead of a ghost, and there’s a bit of a twist at the end. Barker and his friends also performed the story as a play at some point back in the day.

Oh, and looking it up, apparently they adapted the story into an episode of Tales from the Darkside.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I read an article a couple of years ago about how difficult it is to create fake money for movies/TV. The whole thing is a super hassle for everyone involved and the Secret Service is always bugging the companies who make the fake money.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

muscles like this! posted:

I read an article a couple of years ago about how difficult it is to create fake money for movies/TV. The whole thing is a super hassle for everyone involved and the Secret Service is always bugging the companies who make the fake money.

There's a story about how secretive they had to be shooting the forging scene in 'To Live and Die in LA' since they basically forged money and filmed it. There was no other way to do it convincingly.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

In Exit Through the Gift Shop Banksy talks about how he had a scheme to do funny money but realized that they made it look too realistic and so he had to scrap the whole thing after already printing up a bunch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Snowman_McK posted:

There's a story about how secretive they had to be shooting the forging scene in 'To Live and Die in LA' since they basically forged money and filmed it. There was no other way to do it convincingly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xG6oCrtef5A

• Locked thread