Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

gently caress YOU DANNY AINGE THEY TRADED BUTLER FOR TWO D-LEAGUERS AND A KNEE GUY ARE YOU loving SERIOUS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I can't believe Cleveland plays Boston in game 1 this poo poo is more of a soap than wrestling

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

R.D. Mangles posted:

gently caress YOU DANNY AINGE THEY TRADED BUTLER FOR TWO D-LEAGUERS AND A KNEE GUY ARE YOU loving SERIOUS

Tough but fair analysis

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

R.D. Mangles posted:

lol

Constellation I
Apr 3, 2005
I'm a sucker, a little fucker.
Lmao, this loving league.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Constellation I posted:

Lmao, this loving league.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Okay is this trade concomitant on IT passing a physical? Because it looks good for Cleveland, and Boston are going to have a hard 1st half if only because they're going with an almost entirely new roster from scratch....but a very talented roster. I see them jelling in the last 20 games of the season and then who knows?

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

R.D. Mangles posted:

When you get a chance to lock down Kris Dunn you don't wait to shop around your all Star wing.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

R.D. Mangles posted:

its okay you have payne

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I'd rather have Kyrie than Butler :shrug:

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Kyrie Irving does not get last year's Bulls team to the playoffs

Maybe Irving still has room left to grow, and maybe Butler peaked last year, but yeah

edit: there's also the small matter that the Celtics package, if you remove IT, is still probably better than what the Bulls got for Irving

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

DANNY IS A loving RETARD

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Lockback posted:

To everyone saying "Cleveland should have gotten Butler" I don't think Kyrie made his trade demand until after the draft. Unless Minnesota was trading Jimmy Cleveland didn't have a shot.

Although maybe Chicago should have shopped Butler around a little more...

That's the rookie max now. It's no different %wise than it's been. Get used to the bigger caps.

He does naet deserve it, maybe the Tim Hardaway Jr contract, that's fair for Wiggins

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

What the gently caress is going on

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Mr. Mambold posted:

Okay is this trade concomitant on IT passing a physical? Because it looks good for Cleveland, and Boston are going to have a hard 1st half if only because they're going with an almost entirely new roster from scratch....but a very talented roster. I see them jelling in the last 20 games of the season and then who knows?

Dumpster fire

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/DwyaneWade/status/900134282202664964

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

:frogout:

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

verbal enema posted:

This is extremely good

Glad you liked it. I watch it before the first game of the year every season to get me hyped.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

what a big day for all the nba writer guys who feel the need to drop the word "assets" into every other sentence

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Dejan Bimble posted:

He does naet deserve it, maybe the Tim Hardaway Jr contract, that's fair for Wiggins

There would be several teams that would offer the rookie max for Wiggins. The ability to create offense is really valuable in the NBA, and i don't think the Wolves would be willing to let him walk away for nothing as another team offered him that contract during RFA. It's a pretty easy contract given the situation, despite the dumb opinions from 538.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

https://twitter.com/doylenoir/status/900132582037135365

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

fuuuuuuuuuuck

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

:eyepop:

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you.

Doltos posted:

I'd rather have Kyrie than Butler :shrug:

The version of Kyrie that is better than Butler doesn't show up enough for him to actually be better than Butler IMO. I think that is why Kyrie is so overrated, people think of the clutch 3 and ridiculous contested shot games and not all those times where he has a low impact game while playing poor defense and Cleveland wins anyway because Lebron.

Also Kyrie is a member of that weird Bieber church.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

SB nation actually!

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
So what does Jae Crowder do for the Cavs I keep thinking of someone else like a dumbass

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i don't think kyrie has ever missed a layup, the man is a goddamn wizard

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

verbal enema posted:

So what does Jae Crowder do for the Cavs I keep thinking of someone else like a dumbass
Play defense shoot some threes pass the ball he's a tidy player

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

straight up brolic posted:

He's the perfect bench player but he hates the bench so the struggle is to get him to buy in

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

RIP Jae Chowdah

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

straight up brolic posted:

Defense?! On my court?????

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Also I thought that said "shoot some peas" at first

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Cool Buff Man posted:

He's the perfect bench player but he hates the bench so the struggle is to get him to buy in

Crowder hates the bench like Russell Westbrook hates the rim, Gawd Ahmighty!

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
The Celtics traded Isaiah Thomas, Jae Crowder, Zizic, and a first for five more inches

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Mr. Mambold posted:

Crowder hates the bench like Russell Westbrook hates the rim, Gawd Ahmighty!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ee5UcAOSPqg

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Kyrie might be a better than Butler next to Lebron though. LeBron is definitely the best guy in the league for Kyrie to play next to though. I guess Hayward is kinda mini LeBron.....

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Lockback posted:

Kyrie might be a better than Butler next to Lebron though. LeBron is definitely the best guy in the league for Kyrie to play next to though. I guess Hayward is kinda mini LeBron.....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rlmxxZtRF4

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Doltos posted:

The Celtics traded Isaiah Thomas, Jae Crowder, Zizic, and a first for five more inches

I'd trade everything I own for five more inches bro.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Bigass Moth posted:

I'd trade everything I own for five more inches bro.

Case closed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
amazing https://twitter.com/103_NBA/status/899864490941882368

• Locked thread