Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

I played spaceship last night and immediately regretted it. Welp, that's my story!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

DisgracelandUSA posted:

I played spaceship last night and immediately regretted it. Welp, that's my story!

good end

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

DisgracelandUSA posted:

did your spaceship have tiny italian boobs

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

ugh its Troika posted:

lol if you still think losing ships matters at all with regards to winning or losing a war in 2017

You could kill 10 supercaps an hour for a month and if you still don't manage to make the enemy stop posting then you arn't winning poo poo

BuckFiddy
Aug 4, 2017
So... Apparently Horde is coming over?

:allears:

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 16 hours!)

Chikkun i am sad to say I am moved to Denmark now.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Rust Martialis posted:

Chikkun i am sad to say I am moved to Denmark now.

wow what a nerd

rip torontogoons

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb
so good guys won after 2 weeks? nice1

Omniblivion
Oct 17, 2012
what happened this time

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Omniblivion posted:

what happened this time

Near as I can tell TEST made a lot of bad decisions re: what to do in the north creating a united front rather than a split front, then hosed off back south. IDK what we are doing.

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
GSF declared victory after 20 days and ~1T in losses and is now headed back to delve

something something "dirty hellwar foreverwar" or whatever the terms were which your leadership used 3 weeks ago, seems to have not panned out

Omniblivion
Oct 17, 2012

Rhymenoserous posted:

Near as I can tell TEST made a lot of bad decisions re: what to do in the north creating a united front rather than a split front, then hosed off back south. IDK what we are doing.

why did we not just bait and blast TEST for the never ending number of times they've done stupid poo poo

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009

Omniblivion posted:

why did we not just bait and blast TEST for the never ending number of times they've done stupid poo poo

Over the past 16 months GSF has been proven to be an effective krab alliance, but nothing more:

provi campaign=failure
fountain campaign=failure
winter war=failure
august 2k17 northern war=failure

But I guess your krab numbers are good and you've dropped plenty of keepstars around delve, so you have that going for you

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

are you off meds or something

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

are you off meds or something

my spaceguild is better than your spaceguild rah rah rah

Omniblivion
Oct 17, 2012
Steve Bannon, is that you?

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
We just missed the creature comforts of home, like system names we recognised

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
stop replying to ordo he's basically one of the maga chuds making GBS threads up the laugh at trump thread just ignore his need for attention~

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

stop replying to ordo he's basically one of the maga chuds making GBS threads up the laugh at trump thread just ignore his need for attention~

nice tilde wannabe mittani

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

Landsknecht posted:

This is awful. Which is inline with your posting history, but you were much less bad for the past nine months or so. And then in the last week you've been worse than ever. Did you suffer a head injury, and then another one that reversed the initial effect?

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
literally one post, the gently caress is wrong with your brain

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Landsknecht posted:

on average how much time per day do you think you spend thinking about narcissists in red shirts

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

At this point this thread is going to turn into an orgy with that many people needing to JUST gently caress ALREADY.

Omniblivion
Oct 17, 2012
this thread is now a fishing expedition

and boy are the waters ripe

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
whats this now poo poo

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

Landsknecht posted:

GSF declared victory after 20 days and ~1T in losses and is now headed back to delve

something something "dirty hellwar foreverwar" or whatever the terms were which your leadership used 3 weeks ago, seems to have not panned out

we didn't declare victory, numbnuts.

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009

dragonshardz posted:

we didn't declare victory, numbnuts.

nice job losing, losers

Rapulum_Dei
Sep 7, 2009

iospace posted:

At this point this thread is going to turn into an orgy with that many people needing to JUST gently caress OFF.

FTFY

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!

Rhymenoserous posted:

Apparently Pandemic Horde decided to spend a little time in Delve because it's the cool place for the cool kids or something :confused: and God forbid our ADMs were disrupted even a little bit. So we're going back.

grimmmy
Jul 20, 2017

Daler Mehndi posted:

Apparently Pandemic Horde decided to spend a little time in Delve because it's the cool place for the cool kids or something :confused: and God forbid our ADMs were disrupted even a little bit. So we're going back.

They made an attempt to place a few citadels there over the weekend. I know two got popped, probably more. Didn't even make any attempt to defend them....

BuckFiddy
Aug 4, 2017

Landsknecht posted:

nice job losing, losers

So you agree we did something right?

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

Daler Mehndi posted:

The announcement that we were heading back was posted before the PH deployment was announced.

Loky11
Dec 12, 2006

Pull on the new flesh like borrowed gloves and burn your fingers once again

dragonshardz posted:

The announcement that we were heading back was posted before the PH deployment was announced.

thatsthejoke.jpg

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009

grimmmy posted:

They made an attempt to place a few citadels there over the weekend. I know two got popped, probably more. Didn't even make any attempt to defend them....

this sounds like you're describing GSF in the north

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Landsknecht posted:

nice job losing, losers

If your bad posting is a result of your lack of sex, go get yourself a hooker. Its on me.

If not, get a life. Seriously, you're pathetic. Consider who's telling you this. Its proof of just how unhinged you are.

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009

Dalael posted:

If your bad posting is a result of your lack of sex, go get yourself a hooker. Its on me.

If not, get a life. Seriously, you're pathetic. Consider who's telling you this. Its proof of just how unhinged you are.

resorting to ad hominem attacks, nice1 m8

you're just spacesad and spacemad that you're spacebad

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!

dragonshardz posted:

The first thing I saw was a pastebin of PH's announcement, and the second was our announcement in The War Room, which included that pastebin.

Omniblivion
Oct 17, 2012
What's the actual reason that goons are/were getting dunked so much in the north (this time)? Fleet comps? Skill difference? Outnumbered?

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009

Omniblivion posted:

What's the actual reason that goons are/were getting dunked so much in the north (this time)? Fleet comps? Skill difference? Outnumbered?

typhoons were a poor choice of doctrine, especially in heavy tidi

We were willing to commit supercaps on all major timers, and this wasn't countered with dreads at all.

The GSF FC team wasn't competent at heavy tidi battles, and made overall poor choices about how to use dreads, as shown a few days ago.

Overall the choice of staging location was poorly thought out, as it's directly accessible from both PL and NC keepstars, making it much easier for us to both fight in what was the staging (hakonen) and use supercaps whenever a GSF fleet moved through trib/vale.

Starting choice of objectives was poor; staging in Hak and shooting NCdot structures probably wasn't a good way to avoid getting 300 supercaps thrown around. If the announced plan had been followed (shoot darkness), GSF might've been able to gain a bit of momentum instead of being stomped on for a few weeks and then running home.

I think everyone was hoping that this would be a good, few months long war that went back and forth and had wins/losses on both sides, and generated some real content. Instead we were shown that the GSF FC team (probably asher and thomas lear) didn't really know how to run a campaign or deal with heavy tidi battles, which are currently the defining meta in EVE. As much as the goalposts were shifted to "this was a distraction so init could take moneymoons in syndicate," it became relatively obvious that this excuse was needed to cover such a poorly thought out deployment.

You could see that hope was needed with how much backpatting there was after killing a DCed darkness nyx in hakonen; meanwhile PL has been killing supercaps in delve almost daily - even if this doesn't hurt the alliance, it must have a morale effect.

• Locked thread