Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

Zmej posted:

NO 👏 HEAT 👏 GAUGE 👏 ON 👏 GUN 👏 LANCE

Seems to have a pile bunker esque explosive tipped lance function now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Zmej posted:

NO 👏 HEAT 👏 GAUGE 👏 ON 👏 GUN 👏 LANCE

Holy poo poo I might play it again then.

It's super good in XX if you are using Normal with Braver but that is about it. Then it's a gun with a giant shield mostly

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

blade heat or something

https://my.mixtape.moe/dcvzed.mp4

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Could someone better at computers than me make a gif of the hunter eating at ~5 minutes in this vid, pls

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHChhFmgVxo&t=307s

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Countblanc posted:

Could someone better at computers than me make a gif of the hunter eating at ~5 minutes in this vid, pls

Would you like it avatar-sized?

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
no, I just want to link it to all my friends without having to time stamp a video.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

Your Computer posted:

One thing I've never liked about monster hunter is how there's essentially "the greatsword set" and "the evade lance set" and so on due to how skills work, and with (presumably) fewer monsters that's just gonna get worse isn't it? Suddenly I worry for the fashion of MHW :ohdear:

skills are just a thing you get from individual pieces of armor, no more needing to get a certain amount of points to activate the skill. if anything this makes fashion hunting easier imo since you'll always have skills even if you have 5 mismatched pieces of gear.

Countblanc posted:

https://zippy.gfycat.com/InsecureKindheartedAmericancrocodile.webm

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Countblanc posted:

no, I just want to link it to all my friends without having to time stamp a video.

Shoot, you beat me to it.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Thanks everyone!!

Zmej
Nov 6, 2005

7c Nickel posted:

Seems to have a pile bunker esque explosive tipped lance function now.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtAW2xXZ9nE
Yup, looks like it! You can reload it like anything else. Wyvern blast still has a cooldown. I'm going to miss the Rocket Dash though :smith:

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Minrad posted:

skills are just a thing you get from individual pieces of armor, no more needing to get a certain amount of points to activate the skill. if anything this makes fashion hunting easier imo since you'll always have skills even if you have 5 mismatched pieces of gear.

Oh, that does actually change things a whole lot. I'm.. cautiously optimistic about fashion now?

Here's hoping there are lots of different pieces with the same skills then, so we don't all end up wearing the same Attack Up pants :v

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

ok now im convinced mh moving to ps4 was a good idea

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vW31JosWPdI

Excited to awaken my phials

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

i'm gonna do it

i'm finally gonna hunt horn

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

this is Ideal.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
that said, Daddy needs Hammer Footage asap

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
If you can't remember your horn songs, you don't deserve to use it :colbert:

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

https://my.mixtape.moe/bbhisr.webm

:rip:

whetstones are used with your weapon out now btw

lets hang out fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Aug 23, 2017

Chekans 3 16
Jan 2, 2012

No Resetti.
No Continues.

Grimey Drawer

Oooh, we get a fade slash.

Decus
Feb 24, 2013

lets hang out posted:

whetstones are used with your weapon out now btw

Seen any footage of other weapons able to do it yet? I know some people were speculating it's a new gunlance only feature to try to balance out the heavy sharpness loss from shelling.

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHULsMO0bFU

Here is a video where someone brutally murders a Great Jagras with a Heavy Bowgun.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2G6pZyUyEvQ

Frontier is silly.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
That move is sick and the Sword Sword is a very cool weapon. Shame the fancy move looks so janky though, in all but 1 of the clips he shows his character moves forward enough that his model has to be teleported back to the monster before latching on. :(

Bananasaurus Rex posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHULsMO0bFU

Here is a video where someone brutally murders a Great Jagras with a Heavy Bowgun.
Can't wait to turn off that voice acting :yeah:

e: holy poo poo they made the Charge Blade even crazier? :stwoon: Thanks a lot internet, now I'm hyped for this game I probably won't be able to play in like 2 years

Your Computer fucked around with this message at 07:22 on Aug 23, 2017

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.
Shield thrust to super is back?

Guess I'm going back to being a Charge Blade main. :getin:

Triarii
Jun 14, 2003

pnumoman posted:

Shield thrust to super is back?

Guess I'm going back to being a Charge Blade main. :getin:

What I'm wondering is whether guard point to super is back too. That was probably responsible for the majority of my damage in 4U.

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA
Arekkz just posted an interesting interview with the producers (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMASWZrCmK0).

I'm going through it now but one big item of note is that there is no longer any distinction between Village Quests and Gathering Hall Quests. You can just dynamically choose whether to run any given quest solo or multi. They also mentioned that story will play a larger role, particularly in that it will continue into High Rank (as I recall, in MH4, the most narrative heavy game in the series, the original game's story essentially ended at the end of Low Rank, with the High Rank story content only being added in 4U).

They also speak about DLC and that home consoles give them the opportunity to do a lot more with DLC. The example they gave was time-limited DLC missions (in that you only have a certain window to access the quest).

Palico's came up, specifically Palico's riding small monsters. Tokuda says that basically your Palico (you can only bring one now) can make friends with the local Felynes on the maps and the locals can teach your Palico how to communicate with and tame small monsters on that map. It sounded like the ability to team up was persistent (maybe a learned skill or something) but the actual team-ups would be spontaneous and not persistent over different hunts.

16 player lobbies (only 4 players per hunt). That was a nice thing in earlier MH games that I missed on handhelds.

Egg quests are changed; they are more "action friendly" in that you can take action while holding the egg (possibly a one handed grip allowing you to sprint as normal and still use your slinger?)

More robust character creation than in previous games.

Looks like that's it, some interesting stuff. Early 2018 can't come soon enough!

Space Hamlet
Aug 24, 2009

not listening
not listening
Lukewarm on the lack of distinction between Guild and Village quests - multiplayer quests already tend to feel like they end too quick IMO, especially outside of G-rank, so if all multiplayer content is scaled the way the singlepayer content is... eh!

Everything else sounds great tho

Edit: ON THE BRIGHT SIDE this definitely means that the HR content will be scaled to be doable solo, which is my fav way to play

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Space Hamlet posted:

Edit: ON THE BRIGHT SIDE this definitely means that the HR content will be scaled to be doable solo, which is my fav way to play

I think this is pretty great, as I don't have any friends vastly prefer going solo. Grouping up can be fun, but it's always really chaotic and feels like a completely different game than solo (as well as the difficulty thing, like you mention) and it just doesn't keep me interested like soloing does.

Sounds like they've gone all out on the QOL changes and such in this, so I'm hyped as heck. Having only one cat means half the meowing though, which is worrying. How am I supposed to know I'm playing Monster Hunter if there's not a constant cacophony of meowing, mewing and meowling?

Abisteen
Sep 30, 2005

Oh my God what the fuck am I?

Space Hamlet posted:

Lukewarm on the lack of distinction between Guild and Village quests - multiplayer quests already tend to feel like they end too quick IMO, especially outside of G-rank, so if all multiplayer content is scaled the way the singlepayer content is... eh!

Everything else sounds great tho

I read that more that there just would not be two different places to go for single vs multi. Like if you pick solo it's scaled for solo if you pick multi it scales up like it would have in previous games. Basically no difference from earlier games aside from only getting quests from one location. Maybe I misinterpreted, though.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I'm gonna admit, I misjudged MHW in my initial impressions of it. I don't really think how it was first shown off was particularly good, though.

That being said, I'm not sure it feels like as much of a graphical leap forward as it could have been. But Capcom gonna Capcom I guess.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

being skeptical about mhw at first was just being good at pattern recognition, capcom had lost the benefit of the doubt when it came to trying to make their franchises more appealing to the west

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Yeah, I had absolutely zero interest in MHWorld after the first trailer. Open world, western-ized MH with an interactive environment and stealth elements? It was just a 'morality system' away from innovating itself into another generic AAA title. It was safe to assume it'd be a decent game, but there was also a decent chance based on that initial footage that it wasn't Monster Hunter at all.

Basically every subsequent trailer has chipped away at that initial impression though, and now I am hype as gently caress to hunt with my buddies on the Sony PlayStation 4.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Yeah, I had absolutely zero interest in MHWorld after the first trailer. Open world, western-ized MH with an interactive environment and stealth elements? It was just a 'morality system' away from innovating itself into another generic AAA title.

What the gently caress is any of this post. Is this a ChibiSoma parachute account?

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.
As someone who doesn't have a PS4 but is more than willing to buy one just for this game, what I really need to know is how the PC support will go so I can make a decision on whether to wait for MH on PC or not.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

kirbysuperstar posted:

What the gently caress is any of this post. Is this a ChibiSoma parachute account?

Oh, no, I'm not nearly that crazy. I was crazy enough to be disappointed by the initial trailer, but I still admitted that it would have been a good game, if not necessarily true to the old Monster Hunter games. I fully admit now that it was really goddamn stupid of me to think like that and basically all of that nonsense was dispelled by the second trailer.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
After watching a bunch of MHW footage I was too hype for more monhun so I booted up my 3ds and hunted some mons.

It's crazy how the good people over at Capcom managed to make a monster as bad as Rathalos, and then decided it was the single monster that has to appear in every title ever because it's so ~*~cool~*~. What a garbage fight. My new #1 wish for MHW is that Rathalos is completely redesigned because drat what a pile of poo poo. :thunk:

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Oh, no, I'm not nearly that crazy. I was crazy enough to be disappointed by the initial trailer, but I still admitted that it would have been a good game, if not necessarily true to the old Monster Hunter games. I fully admit now that it was really goddamn stupid of me to think like that and basically all of that nonsense was dispelled by the second trailer.

Right, okay, I think I get you now. My bad!

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Your Computer posted:

After watching a bunch of MHW footage I was too hype for more monhun so I booted up my 3ds and hunted some mons.

It's crazy how the good people over at Capcom managed to make a monster as bad as Rathalos, and then decided it was the single monster that has to appear in every title ever because it's so ~*~cool~*~. What a garbage fight. My new #1 wish for MHW is that Rathalos is completely redesigned because drat what a pile of poo poo. :thunk:

Just give him the pink Rathian moveset :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009

pnumoman posted:

As someone who doesn't have a PS4 but is more than willing to buy one just for this game, what I really need to know is how the PC support will go so I can make a decision on whether to wait for MH on PC or not.

I don't think any of the details for the computer version are know yet it her than they plan to release it shortly after the console version. How long that is is not known yet. Could be just a month. Could be a little longer.

Monster Hunter World was announced as being supported by XBox One X. Which just means it will be in 4k on that system. Still probably 30fps though. Hopefully the computer version supports 60 fps.

• Locked thread