Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

so like i said, i've been thinking a lot about trying out the aigaion trial lately. i've got something like eight snow so i can rush two champion belts and the trial gives the fist and fist mastery which wont put me far off a bis aileen. i would like to get world destroyer but honestly that can wait, so i was thinking of this team. anyone feel like giving me their thoughts on it?

refia/earth veritas/rikku/meliadoul/ling/friend a2

my initial thoughts are that replacing meliadoul with a maxwell and a2 with a freyvia might be faster, but that also assumes conditionally that the freyvia has machine killer, which i guess i could ask one of you guys to pop machine killer on to her for me when i try the trial. aigaion can be spirit broken so i figure it might be a little faster, although a2 or 2b have their innate machine killer and then i dont have to bother anybody. i actually think i might even try replacing rikku with a 9s but i am not entirely sure how much either of these potential parties will require rikku LB to survive later phases. i have both rikkus pouch and pod 153 so either my tank or maxwell can do a lot of extra lifting during the fight with aoe healing to top stuff off as well as a little extra mitigation. 9s seems preferable to rikku if i dont need her lb since his damage reduction is on demand with no setup, but if EV has free turns in the fight he can totally cover damage reduction too. he'll miss out on the free healing that WoL presumably has during the fight, but he will also generate an absolute shitload of crystals with his counters which i think will be more helpful for rikku. being able to cast eccentrick with either EV or Maxwell along with EV countering should help keep her LB topped off.

i was also thinking that if i bring a physical friend unit like a2 or 2b that i could actually skip ling since the spirit debuff will be pointless, and i could bring my aileen instead. her MP regen isn't as high as lings but it still might be adequate? and she can also do a little bit of spot healing and has built in machine killer.

so basically any feedback would definitely help, the teams i am considering then would be

refia/ev/rikku or 9s/meliadoul/aileen or ling/aileen or a2 or 2b
refia/ev/rikku or 9s/maxwell/ling/freyvia

i assume a 9s with pod 153 can cover the healing gap that would be missing from using al bhed potion on rikku, and would have one or two more free turns since he doesnt need to use synthesis (or hell, he doesnt even need to cast the damage reduction if EV can) but again, i dont know how big of a problem it will be potentially forgoing rikku lb.

and again, i am not sure if i NEED to be using wol instead for his self healing that i assume the attacks proc. armor eraser doesnt matter since i can bring ling and that still only matters if i use a freyvia, and EV should build way more crystals for rikku lb and he can also damage reduce the party. i don't know, i really feel like a refia/ev/rikku/meliadoul/aileen/friend aileen or 2b or a2 team can totally do this. help goons?? also am i forgetting anything crucial

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
Sorry for all the posts but I made a much cleaner guide to infinite XP farming with Noctis: https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/6vgm70/infinite_xp_farm_with_noctis_companions/

edit: Got the macro up and running on MEmu. hamsystem, your Noctis is dominating. I've already ripped through 73 turns with him in about 15 minutes with a macro.

dangerous.hotdog fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Aug 23, 2017

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

dangerous.hotdog posted:

Sorry for all the posts but I made a much cleaner guide to infinite XP farming with Noctis: https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/6vgm70/infinite_xp_farm_with_noctis_companions/

edit: Got the macro up and running on MEmu. hamsystem, your Noctis is dominating. I've already ripped through 73 turns with him in about 15 minutes with a macro.

Posting a guide on reddit is how you get these things nerfed :(
Also, killers and elements don't work on jumps. Just go with pure attack.

Anyways, I setup my Reberta to be able to do this, too.

First turn, Fire Breath with her. Then target the Great Malboro and use Recovery Jump. Let the rest of the party die to speed things along. Then for keep retargeting the GM and repeating Recovery Jump.

Don't just hit repeat, if you don't kill the GM each turn, it may kill you.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

dangerous.hotdog posted:

i tried this with your noctis and he died in two rounds :confused:

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

rabidsquid posted:

i tried this with your noctis and he died in two rounds :confused:

What moves did you use? Did you land on Big Malboro with the jump?

jetz0r posted:

Posting a guide on reddit is how you get these things nerfed :(
Also, killers and elements don't work on jumps. Just go with pure attack.

Snap. Thanks.

edit: hamsystem, your Noctis just died. :( Maybe that counter heal materia is necessary.

dangerous.hotdog fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Aug 23, 2017

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i think the issue might be that in the imgur album it says to do pro but i see in your thread there its adv?

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

rabidsquid posted:

i think the issue might be that in the imgur album it says to do pro but i see in your thread there its adv?

Oh poo poo, I'm retarded. :( I'm so sorry! It should be ADV (10 energy).

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

yeah i will definitely give it a go on adv when your unit refresh or hamsystem pops up, since i just pulled my third ashe i guess i should level all three for arena purposes

edit: hamsystem popped up literally one engels fight after i posted this, weeeeeeeeee

second edit: and his noctis also died in like eight turns. this isnt entirely foolproof and i've got some really great luck to show it off :v:

rabidsquid fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Aug 23, 2017

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
I put Mechanical Heart on my Noctis and a bit more HP/Evade. I'm doing a test run now and it's a lot smoother.

edit: Ok, so he died that run and what I observed was that Malboro would live with 1% HP and that would gently caress up the run. I got rid of all killers and Evade since that's useless and just piled on the ATK and HP (removed the counter heal too). He should have no problem 1-shotting Big Malboro and take less than 2k damage per round, what his Point Warp will recover.

I'm on turn 69 of that build run right now. So far so good. If you accidentally kill an add with Point Warp, use a Flask and resume the Point Warp rotation.

edit 2: Turn 139.

edit 3: Turn 300.

dangerous.hotdog fucked around with this message at 08:27 on Aug 23, 2017

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less
for what it's worth, my Noctis is set up as well. 865 ATK. I will note that you could probably make it safer by losing the Bracer and adding Dragoon Gauntlet instead, 100% jump damage would be more than offsetting the ATK loss. but this seems to work, so shrug?

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
I got more garbage. One more daily roll I guess. I've basically given up hope on getting 2B at this point.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
Sitting waiting for my son to go into surgery and let him pull a ticket and a 1/2.

21O (I think #13) and Cecil.

Not great, but it let him calm down a little.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

hagie posted:

Sitting waiting for my son to go into surgery and let him pull a ticket and a 1/2.

21O (I think #13) and Cecil.

Not great, but it let him calm down a little.

I was going to say "Man, can't even give the kid a 10+1 pull?" but since you probably live in America and will be broke or in debt after paying hospital bills I guess you'll probably need to save that cash.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

Mostly minor elective surgery for adenoids and tonsils. The way my wife and I are in the room you would think it was stage 20 cancer. Kid snores as bad as I do, so we figured it would be best for his quality of life in the long run.

Still not cheap but not crushing medical bill debt. Plus he is on my wife's insurance and not my high as gently caress deductible.

He doesn't care what shows up he thinks everything is cool, so I didn't bitch when 21O showed up.

But for real I'm done pulling on this banner now.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

Nuebot posted:

I got more garbage. One more daily roll I guess. I've basically given up hope on getting 2B at this point.

I actually broke my streak of boring low priority units/TMs with 21O. I've completed one Mechanical Heart so starting a second is pretty cool.

My ticket got me gold, maybe a 3rd 9S? Nope. It was Seven. Type-0 really sucks. At least I actually went some time without drawing one.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

How many of these 21O should I hold on to and should I smoosh?

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
For as many Mechanical Hearts as you want/need.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

For as many Mechanical Hearts as you want/need.

2 copies of the TM is probably enough. That said HP and SPR is a pretty strong combo that almost anyone can take advantage of, so I'm going to keep a pair of 210 around in case I decide to shoot for 4. Why 4 and not 5? Well my tank is probably going to be using Hp 30%s and SPR 40%s so he doesn't really need and the heal counter is less good on someone that I either need to full heal or full raise every turn.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
Weird my Noctis was dying. I tested it out last night and did about 300 rounds with no problems.

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.

rabidsquid posted:

so like i said, i've been thinking a lot about trying out the aigaion trial lately. i've got something like eight snow so i can rush two champion belts and the trial gives the fist and fist mastery which wont put me far off a bis aileen. i would like to get world destroyer but honestly that can wait, so i was thinking of this team. anyone feel like giving me their thoughts on it?

refia/earth veritas/rikku/meliadoul/ling/friend a2

my initial thoughts are that replacing meliadoul with a maxwell and a2 with a freyvia might be faster, but that also assumes conditionally that the freyvia has machine killer, which i guess i could ask one of you guys to pop machine killer on to her for me when i try the trial. aigaion can be spirit broken so i figure it might be a little faster, although a2 or 2b have their innate machine killer and then i dont have to bother anybody. i actually think i might even try replacing rikku with a 9s but i am not entirely sure how much either of these potential parties will require rikku LB to survive later phases. i have both rikkus pouch and pod 153 so either my tank or maxwell can do a lot of extra lifting during the fight with aoe healing to top stuff off as well as a little extra mitigation. 9s seems preferable to rikku if i dont need her lb since his damage reduction is on demand with no setup, but if EV has free turns in the fight he can totally cover damage reduction too. he'll miss out on the free healing that WoL presumably has during the fight, but he will also generate an absolute shitload of crystals with his counters which i think will be more helpful for rikku. being able to cast eccentrick with either EV or Maxwell along with EV countering should help keep her LB topped off.

i was also thinking that if i bring a physical friend unit like a2 or 2b that i could actually skip ling since the spirit debuff will be pointless, and i could bring my aileen instead. her MP regen isn't as high as lings but it still might be adequate? and she can also do a little bit of spot healing and has built in machine killer.

so basically any feedback would definitely help, the teams i am considering then would be

refia/ev/rikku or 9s/meliadoul/aileen or ling/aileen or a2 or 2b
refia/ev/rikku or 9s/maxwell/ling/freyvia

i assume a 9s with pod 153 can cover the healing gap that would be missing from using al bhed potion on rikku, and would have one or two more free turns since he doesnt need to use synthesis (or hell, he doesnt even need to cast the damage reduction if EV can) but again, i dont know how big of a problem it will be potentially forgoing rikku lb.

and again, i am not sure if i NEED to be using wol instead for his self healing that i assume the attacks proc. armor eraser doesnt matter since i can bring ling and that still only matters if i use a freyvia, and EV should build way more crystals for rikku lb and he can also damage reduce the party. i don't know, i really feel like a refia/ev/rikku/meliadoul/aileen/friend aileen or 2b or a2 team can totally do this. help goons?? also am i forgetting anything crucial

there's a thread on reddit about using enhanced soleil but it also mentions two a2 - other replies make it seem like the two a2 part is more key :sigh:

my enhanced soleil is still up anyways if needed

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

The price of meat has just gone up, and your old lady has just gone down

Pod-153 on Marie was really helpful in the Alg trial. Rikku was 100% necessary for the way I beat it anyway. Her pouch was not, still not done, but I'd have appreciated it - there was one nail biter of a turn where I ALMOST had her LB up, but didn't, and just had to end the turn hoping the Right Hand wasn't about to smack my party to death (after the body died, no more LB crysts, but if i'd had the pouch it'd have been full from killing the body). Tillith was helpful but not 100% necessary, I was relying on items for MP recovery in the end and using her for full heals from about the first World Destroyer on - but even so, the combination of things she brought to the table was great - full party heal, raise the decoy, mana battery when damage was coming in slower, and every once in a while 40% all stats buff.

Earlier in the fight, Marie's Love You All was half my healing (unbuffed was managing about 2600/turn) and Prism Heal was the other half, as the robot wasn't yet doing more damage than that was taking care of by and large. That helped save MP recovery items 'til later in the fight when they were necessary. Marie by FAR had the most free turns so I gave her Odin for Fingersnap and Pod-153 for damage reduction. As far as I can tell her Love You All and the Pod regen don't stack, so there was no need for that. The phys damage reduction was BOSS AS HELL for turns where they do a lot of direct attacks.

I removed +Atk and put on +HP 'til my A2 was over 6.5K, lowest HP in the trial was Olive at 5K, Rikku was at 7.6K and Tillith had 6K. Marie was only 5.5k.

I had no tank for it but it worked out. I put Golem on my Olive decoy, and every time she lived into a turn (thank you Rikku!) she'd provoke to soak some hits before they started wailing on the rest of the party.

I didn't get World Destroyer, because I used Rikku's Dispel from an esper to make certain parts of the fight smoother. Marie was Fingersnapping via Odin, Rikku could Dispel. Tillith even got in it w/ Pretty Steel a few times when she had a free turn. It was not too common but sometimes Olive would soak so much from her Provoke'd corpse that the party didn't take much damage, and also had MP that turn from recent scroll or other recovery items. Getting the body and hand damage down is tremendous, left arm not so important as it doesn't do anything unpredictable

Agreed fucked around with this message at 14:50 on Aug 23, 2017

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
Did Aigaion 'body first' in about 35 minutes last night with double A2s. Didn't get the no magic because of some spot healing but ehh.

Tilith, Rikku, WoL, Rem, A2, friend A2 (not using Excalibur).

Rikku would usually use her Barrier, LB, or mass res as needed.

Tilith had Refresh and Dark Fina's Swim Suit so she was able to use her party-wide HP/MP recovery for a net cost of 25 MP. Did some Full Heals every now and again for herself.

WoL would Light is With Us to damage soak and do some dispelling or debuffing as needed.

Rem would auto-res A2 every turn.

Both A2s would just OHC every turn. I'm on an iPhone 6s so I wasn't getting a single combo, but the 2x 25s were enough damage. MP manage was the biggest issue as I don't have a traditional MP battery. But WoL or Rikku were sneak in an ether every now and then.

Burn the right arm low, work on the body, Rikku LB for World Destroyer, kill body, then right arm ASAP, then left arm. Pretty clean fight all things considered. Much better than the last three hour expedition I tried last week.

Now my A2 can finally play in the 1K ATK club!

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

Dual wield Olive w/ Pod-153 owns. I'm using Sparky and that lighting element hammer with 70-something attack power and +15% hp and her Atk is consistently higher with shittier materia than my Fohlen. She's doing more damage chaining AOE than he does. Most of her gear doesn't overlap with other phys attackers. Plus, True Shot still hits really hard, twice, which is cool, and her other abilities continue to be useful thanks to how radically overpowered she was at release :3:

Attack that hangs w/ current units, chains great, and it's easy to get her Spr above 300 without 5* TMRs so the regen works really well from her

Every time I point her toward the bench she finds a way off it

Y'all if you don't have a 9S yet keep pulling if you can, this thing is a game changer

Agreed fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Aug 23, 2017

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.

Appologies if this has been posted before: https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/6t3ovx/summon_rates_are_not_what_we_believed_statistical/

This is probably why I've got 3 Eves, 6 non-banner 4*s and no 9S.

Ugh.

I don't know, I used 20 tickets + dailies and got A2, 4x 9s, Eve, and 7 21O's... sooo

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

McSpankWich posted:

I don't know, I used 20 tickets + dailies and got A2, 4x 9s, Eve, and 7 21O's... sooo

:mad:

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

Ive seen two eves, atleast 10 210s and a whole lot of off banner golds. So that jives with my experience, anyway.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

I did about 100 pulls and got 1 2B,1 9S, 5 Eves, and about 25 21Os. I didn't track my off-banner golds though but I got quite a few, I wouldn't be surprised if there was 18 or so.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Yeah, ultimately the on-banner is still a coin-flip (4 Eves, 1 9S here) but getting on-banner is a much lower rate.

gently caress Troll-0.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
Quick update on the infinte XP trick with Noctis: Seems like 850+ ATK is necessary with immunities and Diabolos. Weapon element doesn't matter and using the jump accessory lowers the threshold. Killers have 0 effect on jumps.

I also tested with iOS Switch Control this morning and it works beautifully. Now I'm farming a fuckload of XP on my phone here at work automatically. Turn 200 at work so far using Switch Control.

Updated info here: https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/6vgm70/infinite_xp_farm_with_noctis_companions/

edit - Killed the Switch Control macro after 30 minutes because I was capping on XP

dangerous.hotdog fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Aug 23, 2017

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

Man I wish I had some units that needed leveling, that's crazy

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Yup.

Agreed posted:

Man I wish I had some units that needed leveling, that's crazy

Sure you do. I don't even put gear on my exploration units because they are all maxed out already...

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Sure you do. I don't even put gear on my exploration units because they are all maxed out already...

Literally just going down the list and leveling all these worthless units because... I can.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

I kept feeding all my 21Os to another until I maxed its trust and then kept the rest. That leaves me with three individual 21O total with one day left. Plenty.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

UHD posted:

I kept feeding all my 21Os to another until I maxed its trust and then kept the rest. That leaves me with three individual 21O total with one day left. Plenty.

I kept 10 for the inevitable 10 man trial that suppresses healing skills. :v:

MonkeyBench
Apr 3, 2012

Scrublord Prime posted:

Send me a friend request! 479.088.281, IGN Buttz. I can solo the Elite raid. Just add SA or something goonish in your friend message so I know to accept your request.

As for the raid, what characters do you have and which ones are 6* lv100? If you can only do ADV it might just be a case of just not having enough power in general. Do ADV for now, hopefully you'll get cactuars to level up your characters. 6* mats are hard to come by early on though.

Engels is vulnerable to his stats being broken. Rain for example has Undermine which reduces all stats of an enemy by 30% for 3 turns. The damage algorithm in this game is exponential so -30% ATK means more than just reducing the damage you take by 30% too. There's other Full Breakers as well that don't need 6*, like Agrias, Vaan, or Faris but they don't level up as quickly. Other notable breakers are Warrior of Light and 9S if you have them, but both need 6* and quite a few levels to get them.

DEF buffs will help too, healers like Fina, Lenna, and Refia have Cheer / Embolden which is +40%/+45% ATK & DEF which will help give you some staying power. If you have Rikku she can use Hyper NullAll after a turn of Synthesis which gives 30% damage mitigation as well.

Some people here share a unit that can solo the Gilgamesh trial. Doing that can get you the Genji Blade, one of the best katanas in the game, an ATK+30% materia, Bushido Freedom which is an AoE attack with Dispel, and if you're lucky and can finish Gilgamesh with a limit break (there need to be a barely visible sliver of health left to do this) a trust moogle for future super equipment or materia. Hopefully somebody who's sharing one will post their friend code. This should be a nice buff to your party's offense.

The start of the game can be rough, you need EXP and awakening materials to get your party going. With your roster we should be able to give some more specific tips though (which hopefully aren't "just reroll")

Thank you all for the help for Units i have got lucky and pulled 9S, 210, Eve, Ashe among others as for 6* i only have 3 at the moment that have made it to that lvl Veritas of the Flame, Emperor, And Exdeath, i need to lvl up Tidus & Ramza and Rikku only been able to clear a few trials need to work on that Cartoonman was nice enough to put up his Marie that helped with the current trial.

PDQ Law posted:

My current friend unit is a 9S who can solo Engels ELT. I'm PDQ in-game, ID: 364 859 209

On auto he'll take around 15 minutes to beat Engels.
His support skills are good for this battle too. His stat-breaking skill Purge: ATK/DEF will reduce the damage you take by 75%, while doubling the physical damage your team does. Engels doesn't do magic damage, so Purge: MAG/SPR is only useful to double the magical damage your team does. Just don't use 9S's self destruct skill, for obvious reasons.

thank you for the advice.

/\/\/\ Yep!

Are we friends? My 100% evade Fohlen can solo it, but it takes a while. Maybe one of the other goons has someone that can do it faster.

(Hint: post your friend code so we can all friend you.)

You want a decently geared full team of level 100 units, with one tank, one support, one healer, and 2 DPS if you're trying to do it on your own.

I have some work to do i only have 2 of those. and here is my friend code.

Edit:Sorry about the size trying to shrink it.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Sent you a request, but you're already full. If you add more slots, hit me up at 796,613,573.

MonkeyBench
Apr 3, 2012

Kheldarn posted:

Sent you a request, but you're already full. If you add more slots, hit me up at 796,613,573.

Sent thank you greatly.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Y'all got any more of those... *sniff* Marlboro Nocti?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PDQ Law
Aug 4, 2011

dangerous.hotdog posted:

Thanks for figuring this out and writing it up. This is the kind of thing that keeps me interested and amused by this game.

• Locked thread