Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Highlight of the night is the Trump Bots passing this around as the most violent footage they could find

https://twitter.com/TEN_GOP/status/900204893130162176

Wherein nothing happens

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
Ban all the stupid gimmick troll accounts Jesus Christ they add nothing and make the thread insanely tedious

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

So many Confederate memorials below the President heads.

ThisIsWhyTrumpWon
Jun 22, 2017

by Smythe

Hastings posted:

I'm going to assume this is a half asset troll, but as a Christian I always was confused by this fatalistic evangelism. The entire end goal for Christianity is to bring heaven to earth.... to unity the Body with Christ and know fellowship. The end of the world is something just alluded to, that happens in Revelations. No where does it command us to bring it forth. If anything, Christians are called to spread peace and are to rid themselves of malicious dissent.

I'm not trying to bring forth anything.

This is happening naturally. Christians have nothing to do with this - at least not directly. The flawed state of mankind is leading the world to its end as was foretold.

Christians - true Christian's will continue to try to bring peace to others. But the signs point to the fact that the end of the world is inevitable. There's nothing we can do outside a miracle.

But this was always going to happen.

Mankind, much like the internet - was a mistake.

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

ThisIsWhyTrumpWon posted:

I'm not trying to bring forth anything.

This is happening naturally. Christians have nothing to do with this - at least not directly. The flawed state of mankind is leading the world to its end as was foretold.

Christians - true Christian's will continue to try to bring peace to others. But the signs point to the fact that the end of the world is inevitable. There's nothing we can do outside a miracle.

But this was always going to happen.

Mankind, much like the internet - was a mistake.

You suck.

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

Covok posted:

Seriously, we had a Nazi rally where woman was murdered. Why is everyone seem more shook tonight then then?

It's hard to tell exactly how bad this is since live reporting (especially by random people on Twitter) always makes things seem super chaotic. I'm willing to bet this isn't really all that big of a deal in the grand scheme of things and that nobody gets seriously hurt. Police unjustly firing tear gas into a crowd doesn't rank very high on the hosed up shitometer.

That said, the idea that a handful of neo-Nazi losers holding a rally is somehow scarier than open police violence is extremely wrong. Those idiots with torches have no real power, but police that are in any way sympathetic to their cause do. It wasn't neo-Nazis that killed 34 people during the Watts riots.

Sneakster
Jul 13, 2017

by R. Guyovich

Annath posted:

Is there a clip of that? Or did it come from a tweet?
On Maddow Show website of tonight's episode, about 1 minute in.

Called it:

Sneakster about a week ago posted:

I think we're at one of four breaking potential breaking points where the GOP invokes 25th:
1: Now. The train is leaving the station. The parts of the GOP with a semblance of not being fascist scum are calling him out. Kasich is actually going on TV, but its assumed he's actually competing with Trump so it serves his self-interest.
2: About a week. His inevitable endorsement of political violence, not equivocating blatant one sided fascist violence, but explicitly calling for. Considering the stuff he said about statues, I think its going to be over cultural revolution stuff since nazis were talking about bombing future confederate monument tear downs.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Yo, America, this full on fascist poo poo is getting pretty freaky. Can you guys, like, cool it a bit?

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I wonder if McConnell just is testing the water with this stuff. Even if you're in complete "nothing matters" at this point you have to figure this will factor in some way eventually.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

JoelJoel posted:

Yo, America, this full on fascist poo poo is getting pretty freaky. Can you guys, like, cool it a bit?

Ha ha, no. There are no breaks on this train. It'd be more likely of us to go full Nazi, drop all pretense of protecting anybody and try to take over the world.

ThisIsWhyTrumpWon
Jun 22, 2017

by Smythe

Metaphorically or physically?

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Stop engaging MIGF/ISeeCuckedPeople/ThisIsWhyTrumpWon

Hastings
Dec 30, 2008

He did and we do. But all events serve a purpose to further the glory of God in ways even we are not aware of.

No, many events are rooted in evil and actually are designed to hide the glory of God. We cannot call evil for what it is, a separation from Goodness, if ultimately it is going to bring us close to Him anyways. Statements like this are just rationalizations to keep believing in a time of doubt, to make sense of darkness when no light is seen. But faith requires that we move beyond that to see the true character of Christ and believe even in the knowledge that sometimes stupid poo poo is stupid poo poo and that's all.

Fart Amplifier
Apr 12, 2003

There is no evidence that any gods exist and suffering is pointless so if you cause or advocate for things that cause suffering you're a piece of trash. HTH

ThisIsWhyTrumpWon
Jun 22, 2017

by Smythe

No there's a major difference between both and both I and God desire good things to happen. But unlike mortals a omniscient and omnipresent being had the ability to arrange that everything that occurs - irregardless of our decision - leads to a final inevitable outcome.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord
Shrimp heaven now

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

thistwhytrumpwon cant be migf, migf was jewist

ThisIsWhyTrumpWon
Jun 22, 2017

by Smythe

Hastings posted:

No, many events are rooted in evil and actually are designed to hide the glory of God. We cannot call evil for what it is, a separation from Goodness, if ultimately it is going to bring us close to Him anyways. Statements like this are just rationalizations to keep believing in a time of doubt, to make sense of darkness when no light is seen. But faith requires that we move beyond that to see the true character of Christ and believe even in the knowledge that sometimes stupid poo poo is stupid poo poo and that's all.

Dude the Bible literally says "God works all things together for good for the sake of those who love him."

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Calibanibal posted:

thistwhytrumpwon cant be migf, migf was jewist

Who else sticks to lovely lovely talking points with such fervor?

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

https://twitter.com/itsVEX/status/900226720128794624

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Stop responding, ignore them, report them, whichever you have, stop engaging with loving morons arguing in bad faith.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
I'm six hours ahead in Stockholm but American media seems...mum...about what's going on in Phoenix with protesters.

Fart Amplifier
Apr 12, 2003

Dude the Bible literally says "God works all things together for good for the sake of those who love him."

The Bible also says that God will harden your heart and make you do bad things and you don't get to complain about it, so maybe we should be talking about a more authoritative source of philosophy and morality, such as Harry Potter

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

He did and we do. But all events serve a purpose to further the glory of God in ways even we are not aware of.

hey so could god post a take so hot even he thought it was fuckin garbage?

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Could god make a gimmick so boring not even he could be trolled by it?

ThisIsWhyTrumpWon
Jun 22, 2017

by Smythe

Fart Amplifier posted:

The Bible also says that God will harden your heart and make you do bad things and you don't get to complain about it, so maybe we should be talking about a more authoritative source of philosophy and morality, such as Harry Potter

That's from the old testament but yes it is a valid thing God does to chastise those who ignore his laws as Kendrick Lamar said in Fear.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

teen witch posted:

I'm six hours ahead in Stockholm but American media seems...mum...about what's going on in Phoenix with protesters.

Probably trying to find the best way to sensationalize the headline so it gets the highest ratings. (And call it a violent antifa riot when it looks pretty... tame. You know, aside from the obvious misuse of force from the police.)

That's from the old testament but yes it is a valid thing God does to chastise those who ignore his laws as Kendrick Lamar said in Fear.

Please take another quote from Kendrick and sit down.

Hastings
Dec 30, 2008

Wait.... are the police seriously harming individuals not even involved with this or conversing with them?

Realistically speaking, how bad is the fallout going to be now that the police are roughing up white folk, and on camera no less?

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

Shrimp heaven now

Please, Daniel, we can't keep doing this!

Sneakster
Jul 13, 2017

by R. Guyovich

You're walking along the Savannah, you come across a female Jackal. A voice from nowhere, most definitely the heavens, speaks to you. The voice speaks into your heart, surely as only God could and not so much tells, but compels you with one thing: it is Gods plan for you to impregnate the jackal. Do you make love to the Jackal?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Sio
Jan 20, 2007

better red than dead

Hastings posted:

Wait.... are the police seriously harming individuals not even involved with this or conversing with them?

Realistically speaking, how bad is the fallout going to be now that the police are roughing up white folk, and on camera no less?

The police can do whatever they want to whoever they want whenever they want.

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

Hastings posted:

The cynic in me says it'll be largely forgotten by Thursday.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Hastings posted:

People will be mad along party lines, same poo poo as always

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Hastings posted:

Some people threw water bottles at them so they opened up with every nonlethal thing they had (rubber bullets, CS gas, and flashbangs). They basically acted in a way that would imply that they always intended to assault the protesters and were looking for any reason to do so.

Fallout? Likely zero. They will say that they were assaulted with rocks and acted accordingly, their chief will give them medals for their bravery, and another day passes in God Fearing America.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Varam posted:

The police can do whatever they want to whoever they want whenever they want.

This.

It will have to get unspeakably bad for the average American to begin to care.:(

Uglycat
Dec 4, 2000
MORE INDISPUTABLE PROOF I AM BAD AT POSTING
---------------->
Riot cops should be required by law to wear jerseys - like football players - with unique identifiers that are visible to cameras at a distance.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

It's weird how for several months we've been in this state where the status quo feels impossible to keep going yet any remedy to the status quo feels even more impossible.

Btw regarding Kent State, right after the massacre a plurality of Americans thought that those rioting peacenik students deserved it. It didn't become this inflection point until much later in historiography. Maybe our Kent State moment has already happened or it's three years away or never happening.

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Fallout? Likely zero. They will say that they were assaulted with rocks and acted accordingly, their chief will give them medals for their bravery, and another day passes in God Fearing America.

You're forgetting about the calls for something to be done about the violent mobs in this country. You've got Nazis and klansmen and those folks in the bandanas who try and assault the cops.

I'm all for the first amendment and everything, but this just seems dangerous. Maybe we need to rethink things until we can restore some order?

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Kale posted:

Realistically I know the answer, we're not going to see any real action on Trump until at least the mid terms have played out and we find out where the battle lines are drawn. If it's really devastating for Republicans I can see them just letting the Democrats have their impeachment and save them from themselves a little.
Why would the Dems impeach if they take the house and Senate and can stymie anything Trump actually wants and then run against a petulant toddler again in two years?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

You'll get a Blue Lives Matter person to give a generic speech and that'll be the end of it.

• Locked thread