Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

The Tribune has the knives out for Glennon, too; David Haugh (who isn't their Bears beat guy, but the guy who writes their "big" football stories) had a piece drop last night saying Glennon's done nothing to deserve the starting job and the Bears are actively tanking if they start him in Week 1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emanuel Collective
Jan 16, 2008

by Smythe
I'm just getting around to watching the Bears game and holy poo poo this is one of the worst throws I've ever seen

https://twitter.com/TotalProSports/status/899116085173202944

nmfree
Aug 15, 2001

The Greater Goon: Breaking Hearts and Chains since 2006

Emanuel Collective posted:

I'm just getting around to watching the Bears game and holy poo poo this is one of the worst throws I've ever seen

I'm the kick to Glennon's chops by his own teammate while he's trying to run the guy down.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Emanuel Collective posted:

That tweet is wrong. We all knew that any QB *available to the Bears* was going to make Bears fans miss Cutler.

Trubisky looks great against other teams' 2nd and 3rd string defense in the preseason. Start him in the regular season against regular starters on D and he will come crashing to earth.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

LabyaMynora posted:

That tweet is wrong. We all knew that any QB *available to the Bears* was going to make Bears fans miss Cutler.

Trubisky looks great against other teams' 2nd and 3rd string defense in the preseason. Start him in the regular season against regular starters on D and he will come crashing to earth.

Or maybe he'll be fine, as he's currently throwing to our garbage tier WR's(as opposed to the first string WR's who are merely bad) and being protected by our bad third string defensive line.

It's why he really really should get some reps with the first team offense in the third quarter the next preseason game.

He could and likely will suck, but I'd prefer the potential to not suck that Trubinsky gives over the 100% guaranteed sucking Glennon provides.

Dexo fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Aug 22, 2017

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
I still think Sanchez is going to get the most games/wins. Fox hates rookies and Glennon looks worse than anyone imagined plus will get crippled

Norse Code
Mar 10, 2007

DON'T AWOO - $350 PENALTY

usually i can laugh at our team, but the WYTS for minnesota this year just depressed the poo poo out of me:
https://deadspin.com/why-your-team-sucks-2017-minnesota-vikings-1797851777

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Norse Code posted:

usually i can laugh at our team, but the WYTS for minnesota this year just depressed the poo poo out of me:
https://deadspin.com/why-your-team-sucks-2017-minnesota-vikings-1797851777

Once you accept the love of baseball and basketball into your heart and move football to third it gets pretty easy to just laugh at the absurdity of it all

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

mastershakeman posted:

I still think Sanchez is going to get the most games/wins. Fox hates rookies and Glennon looks worse than anyone imagined plus will get crippled

I forgot that John Fox is the guy who refuses to play rookies. Soldier field is going to explode with rage when Glennon and Sanchez both suck and Fox refuses to put in Trubisky.

It will just build expectations/anticipation for Trubisky, and then when he finally plays and is just mediocre-to-bad... oh man!

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Dexo posted:

the 100% guaranteed sucking Glennon provides.

$19 million guaranteed. :stare:

I swear, Pace is trying to get fired.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
I honestly don't give a fuuuck about the McCaskey's money

It's a one year 18 million dollar deal essentially and the Bears had a poo poo ton of cap space, I don't care that they took a dumb flier on a likely bad QB.

I just don't want to see him now that I know he's bad.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
Cap space rolls over though so thats still a brutal investment.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
Yeah, and the opportunity cost of not being able to extend good players. And comp picks.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

also the fact that, without natural predators in chicago, glennon can grow larger and more unwieldy and perhaps breed more glennons that could do severe damage to numerous tree ecosystems

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009

IcePhoenix posted:

Once you accept the love of baseball and basketball into your heart and move football to third it gets pretty easy to just laugh at the absurdity of it all

The Vikings are why everyone in Minnesota gets so excited about the beginning of hockey season.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
I don't care that the money is being spent, I just wish Mike "the neck" glennon wasn't the one getting it

Like, give peanut tillman that money instead, who cares if he's retired

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

R.D. Mangles posted:

also the fact that, without natural predators in chicago, glennon can grow larger and more unwieldy and perhaps breed more glennons that could do severe damage to numerous tree ecosystems

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

R.D. Mangles posted:

You forgot the natural predator of Bears quarterbacks.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

Abugadu posted:

Yeah, and the opportunity cost of not being able to extend good players. And comp picks.

such as

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Abugadu posted:

The Bears still have cap space on the books lol, They had an insane amount of space this year. Think only the Browns had more.

IIRC they are still 18-20 mill under the cap.

They aren't going to have any issues extending their good players.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

The X-man cometh posted:

The Vikings are why everyone in Minnesota gets so excited about the beginning of hockey season.

Hockey is still fourth here despite what the Wild would try to make you believe. The only reason they seem to outperform the Wolves is because the last time the Wolves were in the playoffs the Sonics still existed.

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009
I thought High School and College hockey were bigger than the Wild anyways.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Probably accurate, I barely pay attention to the sport though so I'm not really sure.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

https://twitter.com/Rich_Campbell/status/900463505815556098

IT BEGINS

THE MITCH ERA STARTS NOW(in the third quarter of a preseason game)

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
It would be the most Bears thing ever for him to get a career ending injury in the third quarter of a preseason game against the Titans.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

https://twitter.com/ZachZaidman/status/900482993470537729

:allears:

https://twitter.com/adamjahns/status/900476637514432516

Aka, Yes

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
"I underestimated the sheer amount of titties that would be available for me to kiss." - Trubisky, on being a rookie QB in the NFL

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

BGrifter posted:

It would be the most Bears thing ever for him to get a career ending injury in the third quarter of a preseason game against the Titans.

Against 3rd stringers

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

BGrifter posted:

oh the humanisky

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

https://twitter.com/ZachZaidman/status/901165153818955776

Translating this from Foxian. He's saying he's gonna he the best QB in the NFL and will start over Glennon.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

is john fox even at practice or is he just skyping in

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

R.D. Mangles posted:

is john fox even at practice or is he just skyping in

he's on one of those robots that they use for sick kids who can't come into class

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

petty

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

accurate

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons
Nick Perry and Jayrone Eliott both left with injuries, we are terribly thin already at OLB. I'm still pissed we didn't draft TJ Watt.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

BACK ON THE GLENNON TRAIN.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

MITCH THE TRUTH TRUTHBISKY

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

R.D. Mangles posted:

MITCH THE TRUTH TRUTHBISKY

https://twitter.com/AdamHoge/status/901897824815771648

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
https://twitter.com/AndyCarlsonShow/status/901982597303107585

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

What I'm getting from this is that I should either just watch red zone or ignore the games and play more video games and watch baseball on sundays

• Locked thread