Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tgspectre
Oct 21, 2014
The rolling space bike. Very fidelitious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Ok, so I've got a quiet 30 mins at work, loaded up the SC stream to see a hover bike uncontrolably rolling over and over. :thunk:

It's not a very good game is it?

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

How can they do days of this?

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
Someone appears in a Clown Imperium Games spacesuit.

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Christ Roberts is way better than toilet lord...
:gary: :lesnick: :yarg:
:pgabz: :fuzzknot: :eonwe:
:wtchris:

AP posted:

Someone appears in a Clown Imperium Games spacesuit.

obviously the CIG

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

"Couldn't tell how high I was, so I hit the ground."

Hmmm, sounds like you could use an altimeter.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
they could have fleets of every ship parked around the place, but ...

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Just so everyone is aware, guy with a 'special' white and blue space suit, is one of our operatives, think he just wrecked a streamer on a hoverbike :)

Also the guy who is flying their ship really high, keeps getting trapped in a gimble lock state because he's hit the altitude boundry and there is nothing past that point which makes the ship try to drop back down. Bit like when you try to fly out of bounds in games that have no visible boundry (Warthunder etc).

Sabreseven fucked around with this message at 12:12 on Aug 23, 2017

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

This is the best ship commercial they could ever do

Tgspectre
Oct 21, 2014
Gotta give them credit, they are good at transferring to a different player every time something fucks up. Can't get in your ship, oooh look at this guys flying now. Seat won't activate. Quick cut.

E: seriously is there any physics in this at all. Everything's just floating in air, flying backwards, upside down.

Tgspectre fucked around with this message at 12:15 on Aug 23, 2017

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Thousand of overly invested nerds with no social outlets and lots of money are seeing a literal "well, guess unless you pledge another 50+mil, this is what you get :shrug:"

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

And if you pledge another 50mil, this is also what you get :allears:

starkebn
May 18, 2004

LAN desyncing, StarNetwork2.0 confirmed

RubberJohnny
Apr 22, 2008
https://clips.twitch.tv/DrabRudeSheepKappaClaus

"Little desync"

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Tgspectre posted:

Gotta give them credit, they are good at transferring to a different player every time something fucks up. Can't get in your ship, oooh look at this guys flying now. Seat won't activate. Quick cut.

They have 5 years of smoke and mirrors experience, its the least we could expect

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
New ship???

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

Man those ships are really fast. /s

My VW Caddy does 40 m/s on a daily basis.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

The skybox for the guys in the dark and the bright side of the moon are exactly the same.

:allears:

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
I'm sure these awesome fps will be fine over the internet, now that they've fixed the netcode

starkebn
May 18, 2004

Tgspectre posted:

E: seriously is there any physics in this at all. Everything's just floating in air, flying backwards, upside down.

yeah, someone fumbling around the cockpit trying to find the start button *change camera*

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Black is Back.

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

putting the prospector under ground.

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

LOL and the prospector went into the floor :D

e: MAN I LOVE THIS GAME! THANK YOU BACKERS FOR MAKING THAT POSSIBLE!

kilus aof
Mar 24, 2001
A one ship just got smashed and clipped into the ground.

Tgspectre
Oct 21, 2014
Lol, ship crashes into another clipping it halfway through the ground

And a perfect demonstration of the immortal immobile pilot 🤣

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Of course the main focus CIG will have by the end of Gamescom will be stating that 3.2 is only weeks away and will be the big "Jesus" patch that adds so much new content. I'll actually be surprised if the 'hotel' get together that they have doesn't emphasize how important 3.2 is and how further funding can ensure it's delivered sooner rather than later due to having more resources to make it happen.

:)

RubberJohnny
Apr 22, 2008
https://clips.twitch.tv/MoldySmoothWatercressPeteZaroll

Great combat

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Imagine being one of the guys on stage. The embarrassment must burn hotter than a thousand suns

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

The feet of the pilot look nicely bend sideways :D

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

So you still can't kill players when they're flying then. Dude just unloaded his pistol into the pilots head to no effect.

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Christ Roberts is way better than toilet lord...
:gary: :lesnick: :yarg:
:pgabz: :fuzzknot: :eonwe:
:wtchris:
Honestly, i'm wondering what they will do the next 3 days, if this is all they have to show.
I'm already bored out of mind.

Another thing I really like, is how you can only play the demo on the floor. Like you can't even try the crap that is online right now.
No mention of star marine, no mention of SQ42

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Michaellaneous posted:

The skybox for the guys in the dark and the bright side of the moon are exactly the same.

:allears:

I noticed that the background planet looked exactly the same on the horizon.

RubberJohnny
Apr 22, 2008
First server crash! Drink!

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

aaaand the game hardlocks live, again

starkebn
May 18, 2004

they're talking about how their mining ship has the best visibility of all, because design aesthetic

fighters still have about 40% or less visibility though ...

kilus aof
Mar 24, 2001
They have it up on youtube if you want a easy way to go back to something, like the ship clipping through the ground.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwUtzq3A5-o&t=4717s

XK
Jul 9, 2001

7:17:40 up again
7:22:35 crash

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
Boarding actions confirmed for 3.0

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Crazy_BlackParrot posted:

No mention of star marine, no mention of SQ42

Those were 2016's carrots to keep the money coming in, it's all about the 3.x series of Jesus patches this year. :)

Ah, now I have work to do. :(

Sabreseven fucked around with this message at 12:26 on Aug 23, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeigeJacket
Jul 21, 2005

kilus aof posted:

A one ship just got smashed and clipped into the ground.

https://clips.twitch.tv/ShinyBovineAnacondaPRChase