Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fangrim
Aug 23, 2017

Every day I hate the world just a tiny bit more...

kilus aof posted:

Firstly they have to make the company. So a good 4-5 years before they even really start development on the Trading Card Game. Then they are going to do things never done before like cutting the corners of the cards and what no, Chris didn't watch the new Battlestar Galactica last night. Then they have to solve the problems of the cards clipping through the table. On the plus side they get a lot of interest from magicians.

drat!

I guess I just don't understand card game development...

Serious note: How come that so many people on SC Reddit, knowing nothing about game development, keeps telling others that they know nothing of game development, and therefore should keep their mouths shut. Boggles my mind!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Q: "What are your biggest blockers?"

Chambers, lead of engine and tech studio: "I don't know."

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

starkebn posted:

hah, he's currently answering it :boggle:

lol

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

Nice. Chambers is paddling back :D. I guess no 3.0 for backers this year

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

The base tech is *scratches nose* there.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

They're playing the codebase for 3.0.... yeah no poo poo. Still broken as poo poo though.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
poo poo, WTFOSAURUS question got deleted, what was it?

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

SelenicMartian posted:

They're planning to pad the stream by throttling the connection.

loving Lando chimes in after the stream went down and said "OK guys, we got a dedicated T1, so we're good to go!"

What is this 1997?

T1 - 1.54 MBPS
720p-1080p bandwidth: 5-8MBPS

"Bandwidth isn't important, it's all about having a dedicated line." - Disco "Networking Expert" Lando

This is so hilarious I'm dying.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Q: "Again, can you name one specific blocker you took care of?"

Chambers: "That's kind of a trick question."

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

Nine month late overdue and they can only get it working for 15 minutes at a time if they dial the servers back to 12 players and stop them from leaving the planet. Fifteen minutes.

You can't possibly predict how bad it will be. It will always be worse.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.
You know, I didn't want to believe it but Daz was right.

Star Citizen is good.

BeigeJacket
Jul 21, 2005

This long hair guy is pretty good at deflecting questions about the brokeness of this project

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Then he rambles about animation and things clipping through the table in the cafeteria scene. Christ.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Bringing on a team of people for weeks to work out an animation bug for picking up cups.

:gary:

Fangrim
Aug 23, 2017

Every day I hate the world just a tiny bit more...
I'd actually like to play the game - just to see if it's really that awful - but I'll be damned if I'll pay one dollar to try it out. Guess I'll wait for the next free-fly.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Q: "What are you responsible for in this build, your studio in Frankfurt?"

Chambers, literally: "Uhhhhhhh..." "I can tell you what we don't touch."

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

lazorexplosion posted:

Nine month late overdue and they can only get it working for 15 minutes at a time if they dial the servers back to 12 players and stop them from leaving the planet. Fifteen minutes.

You can't possibly predict how bad it will be. It will always be worse.

This reminds me - I need to update my 3.0 chart for Gamescom. Some key developments in the last month that need to be captured.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

You can almost see the bullshit oozing down the walls of this booth

kilus aof
Mar 24, 2001
600 Reasons Why is the sequel to 13 Reason Why focusing on a backer that just wanted to fly a spaceship.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

75 people in Frankfurt.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Chambers describing clipping issues that are solved in most game engines except Crytek :discourse:

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

ITS MAGIC!

XK
Jul 9, 2001

This streamer is really pushing Chambers into a corner with his questions. Lando had to jump in and answer for him.

I beginning to think Chambers doesn't actually do anything.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

starkebn posted:

poo poo, WTFOSAURUS question got deleted, what was it?
When was it?

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Sweet god. He just described that loving vending machine as a "sandbox element"

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

He's biggest pride is Big Benny's. He had nothing to do with it.

*loving everyone went silent on hearing that.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Chambers: "As example, Big Benny's. Did you ever think putting that machine in there and physicalizing it would come out how it did?"

This is part of his rambling about what he's most proud of.

RubberJohnny
Apr 22, 2008
He just said they're aiming 3.0 for December now

starkebn
May 18, 2004

I don't have timestamps...and now I've gone looking for them and gone back my chat has refreshed, it was almost exactly as Chambers started his bit though

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

:gary::yarg:

XK
Jul 9, 2001

He's having an out of body experience at about this point in the interview. Somebody grab him and drag him out of there.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Let's put together a Kickstarter to help pay for CIG employees who will be denied a severance package if they refuse to sign a NDA.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

starkebn posted:

I don't have timestamps...and now I've gone looking for them and gone back my chat has refreshed
In the video, what were they talking about?

starkebn
May 18, 2004

Star Citizen 3.0 NOT RELEASED AT GAMESCOM confirmed by Chambers

starkebn
May 18, 2004

SelenicMartian posted:

In the video, what were they talking about?

I think WTFO typed his question in all caps and it got auto deleted, it was about when Brian started his streaming

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

I've just realized how much Money has to edit Brian for the AtV to make him sound sane.

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

TELEPORTATION IS IN

BeigeJacket
Jul 21, 2005

this dude sounds really baked

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Q: "Will players ever get to use the modularity to build their own habitats." (I'm assuming he meant the outpost buildings)

A: "I don't know, I'll have to dig into it."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

G0RF posted:

You know, I didn't want to believe it but Daz was right.

Star Citizen is good.

Called it. :smug: