Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Jedit posted:

Mostly accurate, apart from the group with a name seven letters long and ending in "-ers" that they tried blaming it on.

I figured it went without saying that all looters were very strongly implied (outright stated) to belong to that group. :downs:

Edit: gently caress, new page

the_steve fucked around with this message at 09:26 on Aug 23, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
Man, First Dog on the Moon had been light on the jokes recently, replacing them with whinge. It almost makes reading all those words a chore and not the fun traipse through a field of jests.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Jedit posted:

Mostly accurate, apart from the group with a name seven letters long and ending in "-ers" that they tried blaming it on.

Joggers are the loving worst.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

I know you're trying out this new thing called 'jokes' instead of belching out political invective - and I applaud you for your effort, keep it up - but you don't have to love literally all dogs to be a dog lover.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Pope:

Catholic church issues statement saying it will take action against employees who take "action" against Catholic marriage, implying that employees who marry same sex partners will be sacked.

Rowe:

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Funny joke but Nina clearly has no idea how an e-cig actually works.

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes
Soros! :argh:
https://twitter.com/GrrrGraphics/status/900137848220680194

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
Hell, declare me a terrorist while you're at it, I want my assets seized.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

I won't ask if there's any truth to those claims (because Garrison)
I'll just ask if he ever said anything about the Koch brothers.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
No Kelly yesterday? I hope his ungrateful offspring brought him home safely :ohdear:

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug
I must have missed something. Where did :umberto: come from?

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

MelvinBison posted:

I must have missed something. Where did :umberto: come from?

http://www.nybooks.com/articles/1995/06/22/ur-fascism/

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Of course other types of totalitarianism advocates are just as guilty of this kind of flawed rhetoric, not just fascists.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

maaaaan

I liked that dog better when it was a regular dog, now it has Garfield-style English-language thought bubbles and is just a Mallard Fillmore character :mad:

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

loquacius posted:

maaaaan

I liked that dog better when it was a regular dog, now it has Garfield-style English-language thought bubbles and is just a Mallard Fillmore character :mad:

So...is it some weird fetishes thing fir the duck and dog then?

Nerdlord Actual
Apr 14, 2007

Awaken to your true self with Wisconsin Potatoes
Grimey Drawer

Iron Crowned posted:

No Kelly yesterday? I hope his ungrateful offspring brought him home safely :ohdear:

Kelly comes out Tuesday or Wednesday these days. HE'S SLACKING OFF! :argh:

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

It's because he got his whiskey sour last week finally and he's sleeping it off.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

loquacius posted:

maaaaan

There, fixed:

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Trapezium Dave posted:

:australia:

Pope:

Catholic church issues statement saying it will take action against employees who take "action" against Catholic marriage, implying that employees who marry same sex partners will be sacked.

Someone post the Rall one so we can compare artistic competence.

Also apparently Bad Reporter is updating on Mondays as well as Wednesdays and Fridays, so you get two today because I missed one.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

Retromancer posted:

WHITE PEOPLE SIT DOWN! GOOD ALLIES BE QUIET AND LISTEN!

WHY ARE WHITE PEOPLE EXPECTING US TO LEAD? WHITE PEOPLE NEED TO MAKE THEIR VOICES HEARD!

Pretty much

It's why I've stopped calling myself an ally and just run with sympathy because i get yelled at no matter what I do at this point and I think most white people are just as confused.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012
I think the Eco quote about continuous shifting of rhetorical focus is quoted too often, but the essay as a whole is very interesting.

Here's another quote from the same essay that used to be very relevant to this thread before DbD was banned:

Umberto Eco posted:

12. Since both permanent war and heroism are difficult games to play, the Ur-Fascist transfers his will to power to sexual matters. This is the origin of machismo (which implies both disdain for women and intolerance and condemnation of nonstandard sexual habits, from chastity to homosexuality). Since even sex is a difficult game to play, the Ur-Fascist hero tends to play with weapons—doing so becomes an ersatz phallic exercise.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Oh please let Trump praise NAMBLA, I'm dying to see how the 'free speech'(for Nazis) guys try to defend that.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Horrible Lurkbeast posted:

Oh please let Trump praise NAMBLA, I'm dying to see how the 'free speech'(for Nazis) guys try to defend that.

Well, I mean, they defended Milo

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
To celebrate American history, they need to make monuments glorifying King George III, Benedict Arnold*, Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto, Aldrich Ames, the Rosenbergs, John Anthony Walker, Theodore John Kaczynski, Gary Ridgway, Ted Bundy, John Wayne Gacy, and Osama bin Laden.

(*I know he already has a monument, but it only depicts his boot. That's not enough for heritage.)

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

How about Isaac Brock? Big ole statue in Detroit.

(Real Talk: Tecumseh needs big statue yesterday)

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

I'll take her off your hands. Pleasure doing business with you!

I want to keep Andrew Jackson on the $20. He absolutely hated paper money, and the US Mint has moved his grave inside their building so his spinning in it powers their presses.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Zemyla posted:

I want to keep Andrew Jackson on the $20. He absolutely hated paper money, and the US Mint has moved his grave inside their building so his spinning in it powers their presses.

Yeah the one positive angle to Andrew Jackson being on the $20 bill is that if he knew about it he would be loving furious

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I love these cartoons where right wingers come dangerously close to thinking critically about something and are like poo poo TURN AROUND!

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug

I think this cartoon could've ended at panel 4.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Zemyla posted:

I'd rather he be on something less valuable personally. Like the official Hay-penny.

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

I humbly offer my services as forum inquisitor. There is absolutely no way I would abuse this power in any way.

Zemyla posted:

It is good that you value spiting a dead guy over ending the official celebration of a genocidal fool.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Why are these people melting?

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

"We did everything and he still won!" Says black people who had their lowest turnout in 20+ years

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

Darth Windu posted:

"We did everything and he still won!" Says black people who had their lowest turnout in 20+ years

Makes you wonder why Hillary couldn't do better against the worst candidate ever, yeah?

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Darth Windu posted:

Voter suppression efforts were in high swing in 2016 and black people are not a monolithic entity with a single stance and belief.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

zakharov posted:

Makes you wonder why Hillary couldn't do better against the worst candidate ever, yeah?

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/christopher-steele-tells-fbi-sources-trump-dossier-report-article-1.3433372

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

Darth Windu posted:

Says white people who didn't fight voter suppression efforts but are all too willing to blame the fallout on black people.

That comic assumes too much of its audience in the case of you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shai-Hulud
Jul 10, 2008

But it feels so right!
Lipstick Apathy

frankenfreak posted:

Why are these people melting?

They live in hell. Just like the rest of us.

• Locked thread