Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Yeah, a couple hours in and they are basically like "gently caress this, let me walk in place in the atmosphere because I'm bored."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

D_Smart posted:

True. But given how much they have riding on 3.0, did anyone really expect it would be THIS bad?

Come on Derek. CIG has clearly EXCEEDED your expectations and should be lauded for it.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Jack the Lad posted:

Anyone have the clip of the interview with Brian Chambers?

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/169158701

Starts at ~8:00 and runs for 45 minutes or something like that, far too long.

Edit: I forgot the loving link.

XK fucked around with this message at 14:58 on Aug 23, 2017

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

At the last minute Brian was persuaded to change all his answers to "I don't know" from "I choose to invoke the fifth amendment"

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Aramoro posted:

I had the original Steel Battalion with the controller and that was so cool with all the switches you had to engage to get your mech moving. Especially when your base was under attack and you had to get up and running as quickly as possible. I really think that sort of flight systems check can add to a game but they've screwed it up so badly that it's got all the inconvenience of a systems check with none of the immersion.

Try to get out of the pits and your car rolling in aa decent racing sim during qualifying once rain sets in. It's awesome ;) (I totally never slammed my whole hand on the wheel because I couldn't find the fuel pump and ignition switches in VR....never....)

Nanako the Narc
Sep 6, 2011

Achamp posted:

Why would this even be a question. What was the biggest actual released thing last year. Spectrum. A lovely discord clone. This year. A lovely card game. I see a "Muster" variable, could be a lovely gwent clone. They might just go standard Pokemon or Magic style based on the setup. That poo poo sells. Whales will be buying up packs to get the special hologram cards. They might as well just make it resource based, with the only resource being fidelity. The more fidelity you have the more jpegs you can print and marketing campaigns you can launch.

I know but it's just... sad...

toiletbrush
May 17, 2010
loving lol at the jankiness when Deejay tried to pick up some other dude from a landing pad and it kept crashing into the ground with no physics whatsoever, and then double lol when someone shot the pilot moments later and they immediately cut away, and then triple lol when the pilot died and the ship *instantly came to a complete halt in mid-air*, remaining perfectly still until the shooter took control

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

ewe2 posted:

Nox is my new favourite thing, calling :pgabz: to do a feature video on it whenever he gets to it. Such a spectacularly bad piece of programming.

:siren: DONT SPREAD FUD, NOX IS VR READY :siren:

Nanako the Narc
Sep 6, 2011

The real question to ask is whether this stream is more or less embarrassing than the holiday stream last year.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Three hours of risible garbage. One Hundred and Fifty Million Dollars.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

D_Smart posted:

True. But given how much they have riding on 3.0, did anyone really expect it would be THIS bad?

That's a fair question.

I would have expected much from CIG, but given how well they can control the community, I would have NEVER EVER thought that they would stream something this bad.

No ELE twitter from Derek could have set me up for what I experienced today...seriously....

Nanako the Narc
Sep 6, 2011

Also I love how they quickly cut away when they try to enter an Aurora so they don't show the janky-rear end animations.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

XK posted:

Guy is breaching the edge of the atmosphere, and his altimeter reads -101.53, and max safe speed is 0.00. How did they even break those things?

<flailing intensifies>

Edit: ^^^ "He promptly proceeded to fall towards the ground, while trying to swim frantically."

Hav fucked around with this message at 15:02 on Aug 23, 2017

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA the closest they could get to emergent gameplay ended up with the server being reset.

One guy went to space outside the atmosphere, tried to EVA and found out that the demo level has no space in it anyway, just a simple gravity constant that pushes things down regardless of altitude/speed.

He promptly proceeded to fall towards the ground, while trying to swim frantically.

The other guy saw him and started moving towards his ship (which just froze in place above the planet since the pilot ejected). Then he proceeded to crash (blue text on the bottom), the camera moved again to the swimming guy (with lando trying to change the narrative), and then the server got reset all-together.

Pretty adorable gameplay.

Dante80 fucked around with this message at 14:58 on Aug 23, 2017

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

D_Smart posted:

yes?

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Latin Pheonix posted:

The real question to ask is whether this stream is more or less embarrassing than the holiday stream last year.

Both cringeworthy...but my vote is the holiday stream. That will be hard to top. But hey, we still have Friday to look forward to so perhaps Roberts can outdo himself.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

Latin Pheonix posted:

I'm not sure they'll ever top that clusterfuck but I sure hope I get to see it

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

smellmycheese posted:

There's also the fact that these shills have been paid and no doubt trained for several days to make this stuff look good and even they are laughing at how lovely it is

It's clear that even these contracted and paid streamers are having difficulty shying away from the blood in the water.

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Christ Roberts is way better than toilet lord...
:gary: :lesnick: :yarg:
:pgabz: :fuzzknot: :eonwe:
:wtchris:

lazorexplosion posted:

At the last minute Brian was persuaded to change all his answers to "I don't know" from "I choose to invoke the fifth amendment"

The moment you realize the lead developer was only able to answer a question about poptards.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

tuo posted:

That's a fair question.

I would have expected much from CIG, but given how well they can control the community, I would have NEVER EVER thought that they would stream something this bad.

No ELE twitter from Derek could have set me up for what I experienced today...seriously....

I have been watching it since it started. I am in complete shock. And that's not a hyperbole.

https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/900356016348463106

XK
Jul 9, 2001

I forgot the loving link in my post before, because I got interrupted by Lando praying out loud that they don't have to do 3 days of this.

For anyone who missed it, here's the Brian Chambers interview:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/169158701

Starts at ~8:00 and runs for 45 minutes or something like that, far too long.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
derek smart cannot fail at words, words can only fail derek smart

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

smellmycheese posted:

Three hours of risible garbage. One Hundred and Fifty Million Dollars.

Counterpoint:

quote:

codesmatodes : @Kurg79 I originally backed the game i Dec and have seen huge development progress since then

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Thirsty Dog posted:

Counterpoint:

December 1643

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Cologne is only one and a half hour drive from my place, but I can't be arsed.

Please someone from Köln go catch a Gamestar-guy and drag him to the CIG booth, live, and ask him questions.....

not-even-e: don't do this! This is a joke on a dead gay comedy forum! Don't catch Gamestar liars and force them to do something, it's against the law.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

lol, oh yeah, 77 bugs

Achamp
Oct 19, 2005
The two hhhwhat.... The two yutes your honor

Latin Pheonix posted:

I know but it's just... sad...

If ever there was a time to not feel bad about whales it's now. They just learned that 3.0 is now estimated for December 2017. A patch that a year ago they were told should be out Dec 2016. Instead of asking for accountability, or even just asking where the gently caress 85% of 3.0 is, they're making a mad dash for their wallet to give Chris more money. Reason has failed. Pity serves no one's interest. Laughing is pretty much the only sane thing left to do.

Achamp fucked around with this message at 15:09 on Aug 23, 2017

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

What is sadder? The clusterfuck that's playing out live, or the fact that the reddit dumbs will still pour every penny they can muster into crappy ships, despite clear evidence the game isn't even close to vertical slice playable?

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

tuo posted:

Cologne is only one and a half hour drive from my place, but I can't be arsed.

Please someone from Köln go catch a Gamestar-guy and drag him to the CIG booth, live, and ask him questions.....

not-even-e: don't do this! This is a joke on a dead gay comedy forum! Don't catch Gamestar liars and force them to do something, it's against the law.

you owe it to the thread to drive there tomorrow and go and hang out wearing a DS mask

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

croberts coming in to play it live would be like loving christmas, we know it won't ever happen again after last time but drat it would be awesome.

Achamp posted:

They just learned that 3.0 is now estimated for December 2018.

wait, what?!?

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

XK posted:

lol, oh yeah, 77 bugs

77 bugs in the code, 77 bugs. Smash one bug, 88 bugs in the code.

Fangrim
Aug 23, 2017

Every day I hate the world just a tiny bit more...
@Derek: Have you been at the RSI showfloor yet? I'd love to hear about their reactions to the almighty warlord being there in person.

Baxta
Feb 18, 2004

Needs More Pirate
Do we rub yet?

Polish Avenger
Feb 13, 2007
has an invalid opinion.
This is a failure, even from a schadenfreude perspective. How is reddit so quiet?

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Latin Pheonix posted:

As far as Star Citizen streams are concerned, this was a relatively good stream. It was even better than last years Gamescom stream where they spent hours in the hanger giving a sales pitch, and an hour trying to get everyone onto a starfarer for a pretend FPS deathmatch. The video producer was on the ball, and the server reboots forced the streamers to try different things and not let it get too stale.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Baxta posted:

Do we rub yet?

Ben rub!

Achamp
Oct 19, 2005
The two hhhwhat.... The two yutes your honor

big nipples big life posted:

croberts coming in to play it live would be like loving christmas, we know it won't ever happen again after last time but drat it would be awesome.

wait, what?!?

It's been so long I've shifted both year dates. Is now supposed to be out Dec. 2017 when it was originally supposed to be out Dec 2016.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Polish Avenger posted:

This is a failure, even from a schadenfreude perspective. How is reddit so quiet?

Schockstarre

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Baxta posted:

Do we rub yet?

We've been rubbing for hours!