Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
https://twitter.com/aseitzwald/status/900340629405712385

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
According to comments this is because Bernie has too much influence over the DNC

lol wat

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
if only they had bernie's email list...

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

https://twitter.com/GothamGirlBlue/status/900192045968576513

i can't tell if this is self aware

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Inescapable Duck posted:

According to comments this is because Bernie has too much influence over the DNC

lol wat

Reading that shut felt like I was looking into an alternate universe. Seriously lol.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Main Paineframe posted:

typically, it was a community affair. there'd be a sheriff or two, supported by (often unarmed) volunteer constables and a neighborhood watch. if poo poo really went down, the sheriff would round up a posse of volunteer helpers or call in the militia. in places where there was a particular problem, a detective agency would be hired

this was sufficient for dealing with violent crime, which wasn't all that common anyway. but since those systems were inherently designed to protect communities, they weren't very good at protecting the commerce and profits of rich industrialists, and they weren't a reliable bulwark against the social shifts caused by the Industrial Revolution and the rise of capitalism. so professional police forces started springing up with the objective of enforcing class divisions, protecting the property and infrastructure of the mega-rich, intimidating the increasingly-poor working class into submission, and cracking down on social movements that could potentially threaten the oligarchs' profits or position. in the American South they had the extra objective of enforcing racial divisions as well as class divisions

that sounds good for most areas but sounds unworkable for high crime places. then again the current method isnt working either

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/gelliottmorris/status/900164807961305088

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
President Bernie Sanders

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

hillary voters will take this as them being racist bernie bros, bernie voters will see it as bernie would have won. and the world keeps on spinnin

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
https://twitter.com/ChrisStephensMD/status/900192642234949632

patience is needed for this one

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

zegermans posted:

it's like the emails thing. she'll self criticize but always frame it in a "but seriously though in a just world I did nothing wrong"

Yet in a just world she did everything wrong

:thunk:

AstheWorldWorlds
May 4, 2011
I wonder how much of high crime areas are due to the cops engaging in an endless cycle of escalation with the community.

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar
Unless we're talking about 'just' as in if the confederacy won.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

ThndrShk2k posted:

Yet in a just world she did everything wrong

:thunk:

"My only mistake was letting people find out about it"

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

lol

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

mastershakeman posted:

that sounds good for most areas but sounds unworkable for high crime places. then again the current method isnt working either

"high crime places" are the direct result of the police enforcement of the war on drugs

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

"my stupid, stupid take simply went over the heads of all you plebeians" is bog-standard defensive Internet meltdown followup #295

Serf
May 5, 2011

AstheWorldWorlds posted:

I wonder how much of high crime areas are due to the cops engaging in an endless cycle of escalation with the community.

i wonder how much of crime is due to the capitalist mode of production creating a permanent underclass (not to say the ruling class isn't prone to crime. hell, their entire existence is predicated upon crime)

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Giving your money to the DNC is about as useful as putting in a paper bag and setting it on fire.

Give it directly to good candidates, and even that's hard enough.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

mastershakeman posted:

i wonder why certain areas have more crime than others :thunk:
efb

fusion-hot take

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Serf posted:

i wonder how much of crime is due to the capitalist mode of production creating a permanent underclass (not to say the ruling class isn't prone to crime. hell, their entire existence is predicated upon crime)

the slivwe thats left after the crime thats created due to the enforcement of vice laws

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar
Gonna need to know more deets on how exactly the metric is even calculate since votes are private.
It could be that the Bernie guys didn't vote and the extra votes Trump got were non-primary voters for all I know

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

loquacius posted:

"my stupid, stupid take simply went over the heads of all you plebeians" is bog-standard defensive Internet meltdown followup #295
TBH It seemed suspect since they said 100% employment rate which even Obama never had and was one of the major issues since 2008

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

ThndrShk2k posted:

TBH It seemed suspect since they said 100% employment rate which even Obama never had and was one of the major issues since 2008

That was meant to refer to slavery.

I don't really know what the gently caress either.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

no bernie don't kiss the sweat golem!!! :ohdear:

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Obama's island lover Richard Branson lied about the Absolute Boy

https://twitter.com/DoubleDownNews/status/900296658491236352

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/b_schaffner/status/900123993897926661

lol, these are actually great numbers and reaffirm my faith in humanity

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Inescapable Duck posted:

That was meant to refer to slavery.

I don't really know what the gently caress either.
I tried to assume that but 250 fit closer with how long the US has been the US.
Especially since the whole chattel slavery thing wasn't 100% employment for everyone and existed for longer than 250 years.

If it was referencing slavery in the colonies/states then it was entirely disingenuous or grossly misinformed.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Frijolero posted:

Obama's island lover Richard Branson lied about the Absolute Boy

https://twitter.com/DoubleDownNews/status/900296658491236352

cool

gently caress you obama

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

nah, just stupid.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
so weve been trying to organize a meeting of local leftist org and there were some problems with the biggest group in the area who are lib as gently caress hijacking it, but we seemed to get it straightened out and scheduled it for tonight and we we're gonna talk about how to take action against Nazis

Then I woke up to a text: "Liberals took over again and are making it "not about action by about self assessment""

FUUUUUUUUCK youuuuuuu

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
okay but where's the numbers on hillary -> trump voters

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

so weve been trying to organize a meeting of local leftist org and there were some problems with the biggest group in the area who are lib as gently caress hijacking it, but we seemed to get it straightened out and scheduled it for tonight and we we're gonna talk about how to take action against Nazis

Then I woke up to a text: "Liberals took over again and are making it "not about action by about self assessment""

FUUUUUUUUCK youuuuuuu

gently caress that poo poo

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

show me the carson ➡️ stein numbers

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Squizzle posted:

show me the carson ➡️ stein numbers

show me the franken to stein numbers

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

FUUUUUUUUCK youuuuuuu
Better off telling the libs to gently caress off by relocating the real meeting elsewhere

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

i wanna see kucinich ->trump!!!

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NO2cHJmDkBg

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

ThndrShk2k posted:

Better off telling the libs to gently caress off by relocating the real meeting elsewhere

It's too late, I think the plan now is to try to salvage what we can even if it's just gauging who we can radicalize from that group and then setting up s new coalition elsewhere

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
At the very least this meeting will be something to point to about why the lib group here is trash

• Locked thread